It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bright star in our night sky..cannot be venus..what is it??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Ima make a new thread.;lol:

When are these ridiculous bright star conspiracy threads ever gonna end ?

I mean hasn't it been examined every which way to Sunday. Still no proof. I think these are people who have
been kept inside all their life. Then when they can't be controled anymore to stay inside. They can't believe
the brightness of a few close planets, so they naturally jump on ATS( the Captain America of conspiracy sites)
and make everybody nuts try'in ti figure out what the hell their even talk'in about.

They just need to get out more often.

The point is that the OP's pictures posts are not current and mispresented... Jupiter is of course currently prominent in the sky.
edit on 5-10-2010 by smurfy because: text.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Its Jupiter.....It's rather large and we are in the closest phase of its elispe around the sun which brings it in for a close up. Along with the pretty meteor showers we've been having.......cool viewing through a telescope.

meteor showers?? you got to read this

jupitor...meteor showers !!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
VINDICATION:

I agree with the OP, there are strange things in the sky right now.
This morning in the East there was a large bright object in the sky. I checked on it at lunch time and it had moved, clearly indicating some sort of intelligent design. Unbelievably at the time of this post it is now hovering in the west and seems to be decending.
I asked around as like yourself.....

I don’t want links to simulation sites or to nasa Ok!

......And was told it was the sun. I DON"T BUY IT!
Clearly the smell of my burning retinas is indicative of Death Rays from Niburu.

The Sun...What will they come up with next. Can't fool this investigator.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Maybe 3 years ago now all stars in my night sky 30miles north of london, Uk will do i guess i notest two very very bright stars on the horizon around 4am?

They was the brightest stars ive ever seen in my life, so much so i woke my brother up to look, they didn't rise while the moon did, since then ive notest this even brighter star follow the moon, its almost like its doing the same route/path, i can lay in bed of at night and watch it move at the same pace or in the same area of the sky all night, it does appear its getting much brighter, i have absolutly no idea what it is, i tryed stellertrum? what ever its called

I remeber the first time i see it actaully and everybody said it was mars?, but yeah if im honest this thing is really starting to bug me now, because IMHO and no im no expert or amature... clearly, but IMO this is the same object i have seen for 2-3 years now getting brighter & brighter

So first of all i was told mars after i could not find it on stelletrum thing, then it was venuse and now jupitar?

Seriously WTF?

I mean if you dig the archives here for simular topics WHY IS MARS VENUES & JUPITAR ALL GETTING BRIGHTER? in every thread same thing

Its mars its very bright... Ok cool thanks for that
its venues its very bright... Ok cool thanks for that
its jupitar its very bright... Ok cool thanks for that

As i said to me this is the same object for the past 2-3 years following the exact same path in the night sky as the moon and for me there is alway just 2 very bright objects in my night sky, the moon and what ever this is, sometimes it crosses the sky quicker than the moon sometimes just infront sometimes just trailing behind sometimes just left or jusr right of it??

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

The Sun, the Moon, and the planets all follow roughly the same path in the sky. That path is called the ecliptic.

edit on 10/5/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I haven't read all comments, but I know for sure it is Jupiter.

Last week or so, you could have observed it using binoculars, if you were not in range of big city lights.
Also Jupiter usually appears very close to the moon during late summer, early fall.
edit on 5-10-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: grammar mistake

edit on 5-10-2010 by MrAtomicspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
OK OP, It's 7pm in the southwest U.S. Venus set about 45 minutes ago in the west. Mars was never really visible but should have also been setting in the west. I've searched the southeastern and southwestern skies and found only the stars Antares to the south and Arcturus to the west meeting the description of bright and twinkling different colors. Overhead the stars Altair, Vega and Deneb easily visible but not twinkling. Have scoured the horizon south between east and west - nothing. That leaves the brightest object by far (far brighter than Venus though out briefly at the same time) almost due east about 30 degrees above the horizon. Is this it?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by theAymen this picture looks like a polar shift taking place!!

So... When you see the moon and a sliver of the sun reflecting off of it, you think it is a polar shift taking place?

What the hell are they teaching people in science classes these days?

???...what...??

that suns reflection on that moon tells me that the sun is south...wtf...it should be east to west..it looks like it rising in the south...the cresent shouldnt be in that position...UNLESS THE EARTH POLES ARE MOVING..or the earths wobble was very dramatic that night lol...HOW CAN THAT REFLECTION NOT BE WEIRD TO YOU...WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE CRESENT LIKE THAT...

edit on 5-10-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Mr. D

I would call it a star or a planet.
If it wasn't there the next night I would start to wonder.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I understand that
I'm asking if anyone has coordinates yet.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The Sun, the Moon, and the planets all follow roughly the same path in the sky. That path is called the ecliptic.

Thanks for the reply Phage, i kinda thought this, i really didn't want to tangle with this one as i really have no idea with the heavens, but one last question if i may... well one or two

are they all getting brighter?

they certainly appear to be, i have a very good memory i certainly dont ever remember seeing a brighter star in the sky than this one, mars venue jupitar from the past 3 years if indeed they are different bodys?

to me as a kid i remember them all being as bright as each other and clear the north star always stood out of course and orions belt, didn't notise the planets in the sky till 3 years ago, always stars and much dimmer

llike i said in the above post, this is all i have been hearing/reading is on there brightness, could this be down to passing closer to the center of our galaxy? and getting tiny amounts more light from the cluster?

i hate being confused

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Planets get brighter and dimmer. It depends on where they are in relationship to the Sun and the Earth. Jupiter for example, is the closest its been to Earth since 1963 so it is very bright. As time goes by it will get further away and dimmer.

Childhood memories can be deceptive. Polaris (the North Star), is not really particularly bright. It ranks around 50th in brightness and always has.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theAymen

that suns reflection on that moon tells me that the sun is south...wtf...it should be east to west..it looks like it rising in the south...the cresent shouldnt be in that position...UNLESS THE EARTH POLES ARE MOVING..or the earths wobble was very dramatic that night lol...HOW CAN THAT REFLECTION NOT BE WEIRD TO YOU...WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE CRESENT LIKE THAT...

Oh please

The pic was taken from a location near the equator (major point) with the sun below the horizon (after sunset) and the moon above the horizon. Which side of the moon would you expect to see illuminated by sunlight ??

Hint: it's the side facing the sun

If you go over your early trigonometry learnings and remember that the earth is round it will all start to make sense.
edit on 5/10/2010 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

They get brighter and dimmer. It depends on where they are in relationship to the Sun and the Earth. Jupiter for example, is the closest its been to Earth since 1963 so it is very bright. As time goes by it will get further away and dimmer.

Yep i certainly can understand this

They cant all be at they're brightest right now tho right?,

So to my memory on here in order it was mars venues now jupitar and there all closer than before

I have just never seen a brighter object in the sky in my entire life, so i just wondered why they was the same brightness and ive only just notest them in the night sky 3yrs back,

1963 I have deffo never seen jupitar this bright then,

thanks for your time

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

As far as planets are concerned, at the moment it is like this:

VENUS starts off low in the SW sky at sunset, magnitude -4.8, making it the brightest of the planets. By the end of twilight it will have set, by mid month you wont see it, and by the end of the month it will make its appearence at sunrise.

MARS is low in the SW and quite far away, at only magnitude +1.5, so it's quite faint (for Mars).

JUPITER is the second brightest at the moment, as it is at its closest, starting in the east and moving south shining at a bright -2.8 magnitude, nearby to its left is the dim +5.7 Magnitude URANUS, and it will be all month.

All the rest are either hiding behind the sun, or not bright enough to count, lol.

The one everyone is seeing by the moon is JUPITER!!! Yes it has been there for sometime it takes 12 YEARS to orbit the sun, from our perspective it moves VERY SLOWLY!

edit on 5/10/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
October of last year, far northern state (60 miles from Canada), From North East/ through East/ to South East..

I think the very same "star" this guy was talking about, was "zipping" along at a constant rate to settle near a full south position (approx 02:30) .. it did not waver, it did not alter horizontal path, but remain constant in the speed and direction to take up residence in the new position.. the very same so called "star" that is very bright, becomes washed out during daylight hours, and is always freaking moving, and was caught in December of last year "In Front" of the moon at the right edge of our very close neighbor itself (next night, the position had changed to compensate for the backdrop problem)

It is not any planet, it is not any star, it is quite simply "something else" with the capacity to alter horizontal direction at a rate of speed, that belies the apparent size of it to be that bright in the sky..

It always remains locked to the same horizontal position in elevation, when changing azimuth headings, hell it's outside right now in another position alternate to the flow of the earth rotation based on where it was last night, so unless it is a "magic wishing star", it is an "unknown" object up there..

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum

Oh please

The pic was taken from a location near the equator (major point) with the sun below the horizon (after sunset) and the moon above the horizon. Which side of the moon would you expect to see illuminated by sunlight ??

Hint: it's the side facing the sun

If you go over your early trigonometry learnings and remember that the earth is round it will all start to make sense.
edit on 5/10/2010 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

r u dumb? it does have to do with the position of your latitude on the earth, BUT, combined with earth's axial tilt.the earths axis has obviously tilted.......It’s as if the Earth’s axis rotated 90 degrees ie. a large wobble
the earth spins west to east...the sun sets in the west...in this picture the sun is south...it doesnt matter if your on the equator it still sets in the west.

regardless im 30 and i have never seen the moon like this..EVER
to add in 2008 & 2009...people from the middle east, nw europe, africa, mediteramean the US, japan, ALL reported this but the common theme was that nobody had sen this before......NASA say this "waning" happens twice a year wtf..cmon..EVERYONE HAS SEEN THIS ONCE MAYBE TWICE MAX..in their lifetimes.

ITS A POLAR SHIFT OR EARTH TILTING ON ITS AXIS...either way weare being fed BS

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

Seems you're trying to sensationalise something that's really very ordinary, predictable even.

Where I live is about 1/2 way between the equator and the south pole so the sun (& moon) for me always rise in the northeast and set in the northwest, less so and reaching a higher altitude at midday in summer. If viewing from about the same latitude (but north of the equator) you'll see a mirror image of what I see because the horizon you see is actually tilted some 90 degrees compared to mine. Nothing unusual there as it's been going on longer than humans have been here to observe it.

Let me make a prediction: If you're in the northeast China (45 degrees north) area on March 26 2012 at 6PM you'll see another instance of the crescent moon together with Venus and Jupiter and they'll be lined up vertically with Venus at the top, moon in the middle (crescent down and a little to the right) and Jupiter at the bottom. I'll see it too but only briefly after sunset (before Jupiter sets) and, for me, the alignment won't be as straight and will be near horizontal. Unfortunately for Europe and North America it will happen during the day.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
these thread really annoy me.
You've been given an explaination but you dont wanna accept it cause basicly you're an idiot.
yeah of course its blue beam -_-"

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theAymen

Tilt does change, its a seasonal thing. This does cause the moon to look like its smiling or has horns.

Its nothing abnormal or new. Just research it. Your taking things and running with them. Its poor conduct.

Its defiantly not in any way showing a 90 degree tilt or polar shift. Why all the hoopla?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The damn Planet is called JUPITER and Not Jupitor or Jupitur or what ever! Not even the basics of the basics are known this days. It's unbelievable such people can use an Internetbrowser.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join