It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video from Michio Kaku........Absolutely fantastic.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
go here can't embed..................just in www.c-spanvideo.org...

Enjoy. This guy thinks out of the box and is willing to go beyond mainstream science.

Absoultely mind expanding.

edit on 3-10-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE:

Posting Video Links1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on October 3rd 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I found your link to be broken, so I searched for the video. The Google link, as well as Dr. Kaku's website link to the video are broken as well. Hopefully they will repair it, as it should be interesting, but 3 hours will be quite long.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, though.

edit on 3-10-2010 by WTFover because: last line

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The link is working for me. I'll have to come back when I have three hours to listen, but I'm thinking it will be time well spent. Good find.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the vid!

I have read a few of Michio Kaku's books... and watched a lot of his interviews.

I think he is an absolute genius to say the least... and one who has the knowledge to really give us an idea about where technology is going to take us in the next few centuries.

Thanks!!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Great find!
This is a gem.

I'm only 20 minutes in and it has hooked me. lol

Kaku is brilliant,
one of my favorites.

Many thanks for sharing!

gonna attempt to download it.. lol

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This guy is sooo interesting!
Thanks for the link, listening to it now.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
righteous, listening to Michio Kaku is always a great time. using this post as a placeholder to find this thread later tonight..

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Damn, can't find a program to download C-Span...

Bugger, 3 hours a little long in one hit for me...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The link is broken when i click on it

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

In compliance with the Mod: The video is about "The theory of everything".

Michio Kaku's latest video is three hours but worth it. He talks about the Hadron Collider, string theory, Einstein''s theories and trying to decipher the secret of the universe, matter, energy and the stars.

He speaks about when Newton unraveled the theory of gravity giving us the industrial revolution.

String theory was discovered by accident in a math book of all places.

He also goes into muti dimensions and multiverses and how the various scientists thoughout our history have shaped our civilization, bubble theory, the possiblity of time travel and how current scientists view our future.

All physical knowledge at the fundamental level is contained in two pillars of physics, general relativity and the quantum theory. Einstein was the founder of the first, was the gofather of the second, and paved the way for the possible unification of both.

He also discusses the theory of the big and the theory of the small and how string theory finally merge the two.

Dr. Kaku also goes further in explaining his statement about quantum theory;

The quantum throry is the most ridiculous theory ever proposed in the history of science, flying in the face of all common sense and intuition. The quantum theory opens the door to all sosrts of sticky paradoxes which defy all our notions about the universe. The quantum theory has only one thing going for it: it is unquestionably correct and has survived every experimental challenge hurled at it. pp109-110

Again, this is a three hour discussion but it's so fasinating it's a fast and mind expanding three hours.

I find it also very interesing at 34:21 Dr. Kaku talks about other dimensions and uses David Icke's radio frequency metaphor and at 36:48 he says yes it is possible other beings do live in other dimensions.

Now this is a mainstream scientist.

He also mentions the classification of civilizations..............We are currently zero.

At 51:48 he explains in very simple language string theory.

And it just keeps getting more and more interesting.................."The universe is not made up of atoms but dark matter".

edit on 4-10-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

At three hours, to me it was time well spent.

However Mclaneinc you are right, at this point you can't download this video that is why I put the link.

Dr. Kaku is so enthusiastic and able to break difficult concepts down to the level of the common person.

Remarkable talk.

Link again for Jay-morris www.c-spanvideo.org...

edit on 4-10-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Added link again for Jay

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Is there another link anywhere?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Also put the link again in my last post. It's located at C-SPAN Library.

I tried my original link and it did work for me.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Mclaneinc

At three hours, to me it was time well spent.

However Mclaneinc you are right, at this point you can't download this video that is why I put the link.

Dr. Kaku is so enthusiastic and able to break difficult concepts down to the level of the common person.

Remarkable talk.

Link again for Jay-morris www.c-spanvideo.org...

edit on 4-10-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Added link again for Jay

Shame about not being able to download it but many thanks for bringing it to our attention..

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Dload successful.

You can download it as well..

I used Linux/Ubuntu...
(easiest route) [and the best] lol

but you can do it if you use window$ also..
See here >

But I still prefer you switch to Ubuntu.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wonder if Kaku will do anything of electrogravitics and subquantum mechanics...

Second line.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Michio seems a little more cocky these days. "Wrong!", he says.

Respect: Give credit where credit is due, please do not paste entire pieces content from other sites, privide a short salient snippet and link to the source. "Privide"?

Aha, I have found a loophole. . .the universe expands!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What I like about Dr. Kaku is his ability to explain things in a way that my pea brain can understand. And, he is quite humorous, in certain situations. I've noticed this when he appears on the Opie and Anthony radio show.

Thanks again for the thread!

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Yes the man can dumb it down pretty well for us commoners!

That has always been the downfall with Hawking for me, he just can't put it in simple enough terms about 30% of the time for me to understand. I think he has fell victim to his own intelligence or maybe doesn't think that he should have to devolve. But if you are going to write books you should make them understandable to the most amount of people that you can.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ok, what does this have to do with Aliens and UFO´s...
Sure, the theories are validatiing the existance but
shouldnt this be in Science or Space forums??

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join