It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Baby?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
this is the vid that made me think that....
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
any thoughts on my theory?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the story. Though it's not important what I believe: whether there really was a demon baby or not, I don't doubt you saw one. Both in the realm of biology (species) and psychology (visual processing), we're not at the point that we can explain such 'anomalies' yet - at least not in detail.

Speaking of detail, many accounts of mysterious creatures are quite vague. Yours however is quite detailed. It is in that aspect as well as in one of the details - the black eyes - that it reminds me of an urban legend that frequents ATS in the form of threads by members - and to my surprise hasn't been mentioned yet: Black Eyed Kids, or BEK for short. I'm not knowledgeable at all on this subject, only read a few threads - but I'll dabble with a description: basically they're kids that seem normal at first, asking for help or assistance, then turn out to have black eyes, and end up having quite the negative effect on any person that interacts with them. Here's a tiny list from a search on "BEK":

More BEKs 15-3-2011
I Let a BEK In..BIG mistake. 27-2-2011
Black Eyed Kids- Did I just have an BEK experience? 3-10-2010

These are some of the most recent threads on BEKs. They're a bit shattered across different forums. There is one obvious difference between the accounts of BEKs and yours; you saw a black eyed baby (BEB?
) instead of a kid - although time might overcome that particular discrepancy. Also, I don't recall anything about BEKs being extraordinarily muscular or paraplegic. Still, the similarities are striking - a black eyed human (in appearance) with an evil presence.

I'd like to ask two questions just to get a bit more grip on the account:
1. While the baby didn't move, you moved up to 15 feet from it. What is the distance you moved from? A strange question perhaps, but certain types of hallucinations can be ruled out if the baby was consistent in its three-dimensional appearance. Specifically, suggestive 'hallucinations' such as pareidolia - recognizing an evil skull in a white plastic bag alongside a dark road, for example. Obviously if you walked around the baby and still saw a baby, it cannot have been such a simple 'mishap' in visual processing.
2. Did you write down or draw any of this in the past? Like you said, memories can be skewed - way further than most people like to believe. Details get changed, erased, and even added during a lifetime of recalling memories with less than 100% accuracy. So if you have written or drawn anything of this back then, or perhaps a few years later, it would be a direct validation of your current account.

Thanks again for the story; I know you risk a certain amount of ridicule (even here on ATS). To me, it makes sense to speculate about such subjects, as we have nothing to lose in doing so. And nothing could be more inspirational in that sense than a firsthand account!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by scraze

Hey, thanks for the post and questions, I'll do my best to answer.

without going back and retracing the thread, I think BEK's were mentioned early on. But if not, I still researched that thoroughly, looking for any connection to the phenomena. I came up short, and here is why.. What I saw really did not want anything to do with me, I truly believe it was cought off guard by my presence and only stared at me long enough to make heads or tails of what I was, or perhaps if I was a threat to it. it certainly made no attempt to lure me in or even communicate with me. Albeit the black eyes are parallel with BEK's, but that is where the comparison begins and ends from whT I can tell.

Interestingly enough, your question pertaining to distance has me having a mini flashback to that day. I clearly remember being perhaps 75 to 100 feet away when I first saw it begin to cross the road. At that point, I did not really know what it was aside from it apparently was something I did not easily recognize like a dog or cat. Initially I froze then trying to figure out what it was, before I continued forward. I don't really know exactly how long it was, perhaps 5 to 10 seconds later I began to walk closer to it trying to make sence of what I was seeing. Almost instantly after moving closer I knew it was human, a child/baby, and instinctively hurried towards. I remember thinking/feeling a sence of urgency to get to it and remove it from harms way.

At that point, as I got closer, perhaps 25 - 30 feet away I could start to see more subtle detail like it's shimmering, wet-like skin, it's oddly muscular definition, and it's withered legs somewhat dragging behind lifeless. Ad within the next step or two it's clear form was apparent. It was at this point it was dead smack in the middle of the road, and turned it's head my way. It made no other movement save for to look directly at me as if acknowledging I was there and yes, it saw me. I was really just in awe of what I was looking at, and soon after it focused back ahead of itself and finished drowsing the road, across the yard and aside the house in it's path.

Now remember it was not daylight out, but it was not the dead of night yet either. It was just dark enough for the street lights to have come on but certainly not dark enough to abstract my view once I was close to it. Like I said earlier in this thread, I wish I could figure out a way to logically invalidate what happened, but I have to concede that it was what it was.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Oh, and unfortunately I did not record in any manor what I experience that day, however the utter sereal'ness and horrifying image of that day was burned fresh in my mind ever since, and never really deminished at all. Unfortunately, it was one of those things that you see it once and you never forget, not a single detail. Believe me, I wish I could!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It may have just been some kind of mutant as well. I mean you said that some strange old lady that no one really knew lived in that house. Maybe she had somekind of mutated child and thats what you as he/she/it was outside playing. Maybe the old woman had a reason be strange, if i had a child like that id prob go crazy too. Just a thought.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well, could it be that this "baby" was the child of the strange old woman in that house. Maybe she had something to hide, since it sounds like not many people in your neighborhood knew her very well. Maybe this child was some sort of mutation or strange handicap case. Maybe thats why the old woman lived near the dead end so no one would see the child out when it was playing. Maybe you just came at the right time at the wrong place..

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

if you lived in the Philippines, you would know exactly what it was.

it's called a "tiyanak" and it's a supernatural being which appears as an infant. it usually will lie in forests or abandoned area, crying for attention. if an unfortunate individual picks it up to soothe it, then VOILA! baby's next meal. c:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
sounds like a story my grandma used to tell me to scare me off to bed and off the streets.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Sorry to rehash a ~2 year old topoc, but....

Interestingly enough, I was just having a conversation with one of my employees who grew up in the same area as I did, albiet not the same neighborhood, and the topic of this thread came up (but only after he was mentioning a paranormal situation possibly taking place at his home). He insists that his father had a very similar account happen to him some 20 years prior to my expierence. An expierence his father has told him time and time again, and has also gripped his fathers memory since then. I have planned to arrange a meeting with his father to see if I can get a detailed account of what happened to him, and perhaps even a drawing (his dad is much more of an artist than me), and see if there could possibly be any correlation between the 2 situations, even though they were perhaps decades removed from each other.

I'll keep you posted!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I know what it is. It is a hairless terrier: a breed of dog. The american type has completely black eyes: the others may too : and a young or perhaps dwarf version would fit exactly.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hi! First post, new member and all that. I hope I don´t tick anyone off by bumping this thread. I just found the OP very interesting.

I live in Mexico and I've heard stories of similar creatures once and again. I found it interesting that someone in this thread mentioned something about "this baby has teeth" being part of an urban legend. In Mexico, the legend usually goes like this: someone is walking near a river or creek, and hears a baby crying. The person finds the baby and more often than not he/she picks it up. Then the baby makes an evil grin with pointed, huge teeth and says something along the lines of "¡ya tengo dientes!" ("I have teeth now!") or "mira mis dientes" (look at my teeth!). Usually the person drops the thing and flees in horror. I was once told about a guy who had that experience and was so frightened that he stopped eating and died of starvation days after the encounter, that great was the shock.
One story I read had the person (who was riding a horse) dropping the baby and riding off, but he heard the "baby" yelling at him: "No, now you have to put me back where you found me!" or something like that. In many cases, the person reports feeling the baby "becoming heavier" in their arms before it reveals itself as a "demonic" creature.

I know it may sound silly or ridiculous but it really intrigues me that the same story (with the baby's actions being basically the same and the setting being usually near water) are repeated in places very far away from each other; I've heard cases of it from Jalisco (western Mexico), as well as the northernmost and southernmost states and it seems even that the same story is known in Central and South America.
That the OP had an encounter with a "demon baby" in the US only makes the whole thing more intriguing to me at least.
Then there's the fact already mentioned by other posters that Japan and Philippines have similar creatures in their mythology.

My question to the original poster (if he's still around) would be, what do YOU think it was? I know "I have no idea" is the safest, and oftentimes the most honest answer when one sees something thats so much different from anything we've seen before, but I'm curious to know what guesses you have about the creature's nature. Was it, would you say, a physical, living thing, or a demonic/supernatural apparition? I really wonder what would've happened if you had picked it up (although your case is very different from the local stories here, in which the baby looks harmless and normal UNTIL picked up).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join