It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Baby?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hello all, been a long time lurker/member and like most, situations in my past have me looking for answers. I spend a good bit of time here just reading, enjoying, and learning. But I think it's time I toss my hat in to the ring and hopefully get some answers or validation. Now before I start, I would like to say even though I have had a interesting past that involved growing up in a ~200 year old haunted farm house in Loudonville NY(among other things), I am actually a healthy skeptic and even try to rationalize what I am 100% certain to be not rational per see. Most, if not all of my first hand paranormal expierences happened in bulk before I was 15 save for a perticular situation that lingered on till I was 22. And now as a 37 year old, what I remember is still burned in my brain. Yet, after so much time has passed, I cant help but feel a conflicting need to validate and disprove at the same time. Ultimately, I am looking for the truth so I hope you can appreciate the fact that what I am about to share is 100% factual, not embellished in the slightest, and I am hoping someone could shed some light with what it may have been I actually saw here. So, without further adue....

Back in 1989 I was a 15 year old 'jock', with a normal middle class family living in a normal suburban middle class neighborhood. I remember it being Fall time because there were wet leaves all over and the crisp fall air is still fresh in my mind. I had just finnished hanging out at a friends house probablly 15 houses down the road from mine. And it must of been about 7'ish as it was still somewhat light out but the street lights were just starting to come on. The neighborhood I lived in was a smallish development with about ~100 homes built in the mid 1940's. Everyone knew everyone, and traffic was light due to it being a dead end road.

So, as I was walking home I noticed something scurry out of the bushes on the left side of the road. It moved rather quickly and in a odd wiggling mannor. My first instinct was that it was a injured dog, possibly hit by a car and dragging it's hind end. Even though it was still ~100 feet ahead of me, it somewhat startled me and I stopped dead in my tracks. It was at this point it had stopped in the middle of the road and I got a real good look at it. It was a baby. I remember thinking 'how the hell did this baby manage to crawl out of a house and in to the middle of the road?'. And I started to quickly make my way towards it to get it off the street. Somewhat torn between comical and ergency, I remember almost laughing as I trotted towards it.

Once I got within 15 feet of it, I was hit with a brick wall of realization that what I was trotting towards, what I was looking at was not real. Atleast that was my first impulse as I froze in my tracks. This 'baby' jolted his/it's head around and with sunkin black, lifeless eyes stared at me with an evil grin. All I could do was absorbe and burn in to my mind what I was seeing. It was about the size of a 12 month old baby but completely hairless. It was muscluar and had deformed legs that just dragged behind it. It was shiney as if coated with sweat or oil, and it was demonic in presence. As it held it'self up with it's front arms, head cocked looking at me with a horrific grin, it quickly scurried away with it's withered legs dragging/wagging behind.

It crossed the street and went through the side yard of the house in front of it and although I could not see anymore, I assume it went in to the woods in the back yard. It took me a short time standing there motionless to regain my composure and I sprinted home almost in a state of shock. However, this does not end there... Years later, I found out the woman who had lived there was a old woman and thought to have dimentia. She often would call the cops accusing the neighbors of breaking in to her home and hiding in the attic. I often think that this demonic baby might have been tourmenting her and living in her attic.

Anyway, it actually really feels good to get this out of my mind, and I am wondering if anyone has ever seen or heard of anything like this? I wish I was an artist so I could draw the image I have in my head as my words simply will not do justice in describing just what this thing looked like. Thanks for letting me share this expierence and all replies are welcome!

PS: Sorry if my spelling is off a bit...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Strange to say the least.
I personally have never seen or heard of anything like that to answer one of your questions.
You don't recall anyone in the neighborhood mentioning anything similar?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Strange to say the least.
I personally have never seen or heard of anything like that to answer one of your questions.
You don't recall anyone in the neighborhood mentioning anything similar?

I never heard, nor did I see anything abnormal about anything again in the neighborhood. Infact, my parents still live there. Aside ofcourse what I heard about the old lady that lived in the house the baby went to/by. But that was more of a side note and not entirely strange on it's own.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That made me laugh.
As far as what it could be, if it was real, and not a delusion of some sort, then my best guess would be that it was an imp, were there any caves or old lakes nearby? That Demon Baby was probably trying to get back to its home for healing reasons. The slimy skin would suggest that it came from the water, and the black eyes, somewhere dark like a cave. There are holes and entrances to The Underground all over the world, and sometimes, these portals/gateways are guarded by the beings that come from there.

Keep salt with you, fire, tibetan bowls, and/or charged crystals.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Very odd, reminds me of the old urban legend of a lost baby being found, taken by the finder for help. Then with an evil grin saying "this baby has teeth", and attacking or killing the finder.

Maybe old legends have a bit of truth to them.
It's stories like your I love the most, I believe you 100% because what would you have to gain from lying, and also if you were lying why not think up something more creative?

Thank you for sharing your experience. [o:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
That made me laugh.
As far as what it could be, if it was real, and not a delusion of some sort, then my best guess would be that it was an imp, were there any caves or old lakes nearby? That Demon Baby was probably trying to get back to its home for healing reasons. The slimy skin would suggest that it came from the water, and the black eyes, somewhere dark like a cave. There are holes and entrances to The Underground all over the world, and sometimes, these portals/gateways are guarded by the beings that come from there.

Keep salt with you, fire, tibetan bowls, and/or charged crystals.

I guess it is kinda funny to read, but it was pretty chilling at the time! As far as a lake, no not in the direction it was heading. However, about 1 mile in the opposite direction is a river and a few hundred yards back from the direction I was coming from is a creek. No caves that I know of, but oddly enough I once had a dream that some sort of cave was close to the direction it was heading. And in the dream the Devil was in there creating monstors on a huge TV screen and unleashing them in to the world. I'll have to research imp's. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dementedtheclown
Very odd, reminds me of the old urban legend of a lost baby being found, taken by the finder for help. Then with an evil grin saying "this baby has teeth", and attacking or killing the finder.

Maybe old legends have a bit of truth to them.
It's stories like your I love the most, I believe you 100% because what would you have to gain from lying, and also if you were lying why not think up something more creative?

Thank you for sharing your experience. [o:

Yeah, I guess from an entertainment standpoint it's somewhat lacking..

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

That's what makes the best true stories. Very entertaining for those with vivid imaginations.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Sounds similiar to some other demonic baby stories on about.com
I believe you... some twisted stuff is out there

paranormal.about.com...

paranormal.about.com...

Very quickly, he ran down the hill by the bridge to grab this abandoned baby. He said he bent over to get the baby. As he was holding it, he said he pulled the blanket from its head and said the baby couldn't have been more than a week old. He said that just then the baby stopped crying and opened its eyes. This is when my ex started shaking even more. What he told me after this will haunt my mind for the rest of my life.

He said that the baby's eyes were pitch black with no white nowhere around them. He said that's when the baby looked directly at him and said with a deep demonic voice, "Look, daddy, I have teeth" as it was pointing at these very pointy teeth. My ex said that he froze as that thing began to laugh a very demonic laugh. My ex said he dropped that thing and ran out of that ditch where he proceeded to run home as fast as he could, falling and tripping.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
All humans are demons tell they convert to Jesus way of life. Why else would people go to hell for? The more you know.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn

paranormal.about.com...

paranormal.about.com...

Very quickly, he ran down the hill by the bridge to grab this abandoned baby. He said he bent over to get the baby. As he was holding it, he said he pulled the blanket from its head and said the baby couldn't have been more than a week old. He said that just then the baby stopped crying and opened its eyes. This is when my ex started shaking even more. What he told me after this will haunt my mind for the rest of my life.

He said that the baby's eyes were pitch black with no white nowhere around them. He said that's when the baby looked directly at him and said with a deep demonic voice, "Look, daddy, I have teeth" as it was pointing at these very pointy teeth. My ex said that he froze as that thing began to laugh a very demonic laugh. My ex said he dropped that thing and ran out of that ditch where he proceeded to run home as fast as he could, falling and tripping.

Wow, thats actually chilling to read! But what I saw did not make a sound aside from the rustling noise it made while moving. Also, it was a very muscular thing. Probablly the size of a beefy 12 month old. No clothing or blankets. And if my mind serves me well, his eyes were sunken and dark, but there were eyeballs albiet horrid. Thanks for sharing that though!

edit on 1-10-2010 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2010 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn

paranormal.about.com...

paranormal.about.com...

I'd be surprised if that's really a "true tale" cause it has the famous "this baby has teeth" line from the urban legend. Was a very similar story on warphead.com at one time. Unfortunately most of those legends were lost. I'll keep searching for more references.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Yeah, anything you might be able to find I'd be greatful! I've searched over the years but never really came up with anything similar.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

This reminds me of that movie "It's Alive." Only more frightening because I believe you. I wonder if this wasn't some kind of demonic or trickster spirit as well. The presence of a baby in the middle of the road is the kind of thing that could cause people to hurt themselves trying to save it, or swerving to miss it. Evil indeed. I also wonder if this has any connection to the black eyed children phenomenon.

My mom had a highschool buddy who swears to high heaven that he hit a dog, got out, saw that it had a human head and face. The dog got up looked at him and ran off. The suburbs are a strange, strange place.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

This reminds me of that movie "It's Alive." Only more frightening because I believe you. I wonder if this wasn't some kind of demonic or trickster spirit as well. The presence of a baby in the middle of the road is the kind of thing that could cause people to hurt themselves trying to save it, or swerving to miss it. Evil indeed. I also wonder if this has any connection to the black eyed children phenomenon.

My mom had a highschool buddy who swears to high heaven that he hit a dog, got out, saw that it had a human head and face. The dog got up looked at him and ran off. The suburbs are a strange, strange place.

I believe it to be demonic simply by the 'feeling' that was thick in the air and the pit of my stomach at the time. However, it made absolutely no attempt to communicate in any way. And when it looked at me, what seemed like 5 - 15 seconds, it was more of a 'yeah, I see you too..' kind of stare. I somewhat believe I may have supprised it too somehow. But after thinking about what the poster said above about healing it'self, I am starting to wonder if it let it's guard down out of necessity to get somewhere and quickly...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Closest thing I could find is "Japanese youkai baby" which since I'm not Japanese couldn't only get a little info.
But is basically a ghost, or demon posing as an abandoned baby.

Sounds like a trickster, maybe what you seen was a demon trying to get unsuspecting people to take it, then do who knows what. Maybe you were the lucky one, could've been that someone picked it up got attacked, and attacked back injuring the "babies" legs.

Was it wearing anything, a diaper maybe?

I'll keep googling for more info.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Perhaps, but I truely believe at the time I saw it that it had no desire for interaction. And it was completely naked. And I cant stress enough just how musclear it was. And although it's legs were withered and lifeless, I'm not 100% sure it was 'injured'. It almost seemed as if thats just the was they were. But thats just conjecture on my part. Thanks for the info though!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
No problem, found a New Orleans legend called the Devil Baby of Bourbon street. Might wanna check it out.
But thanks again for sharing your story.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Wow thanks for that! I just did some checking and a few of the pictures look eeriely similar in the face, but this one story really caught my eye, expecially the way he describes it's motion...

"“I thought it was a little kid, you know? Like, it needed some help. It was just sitting there, hunched over in the gutter. It sounded like it was gasping, or having an asthma attack or something. When I bent down to it and it turned around, I almost died on the spot! It was horrible! And what was worse was how it ran away – it scittered, you know, like a roach on paper! It ran off toward Dauphine [Street]! I tell you what: I don’t walk down there alone anymore!”

-- A real-life encounter with the Devil Baby of Bourbon Street"

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am an experienced paranormal researcher and sensitive, and this story gives me the willies. I have never heard of this particular phenomena before. This is an absolute first for me. I wish I could give you more answers, but the image I got in my head was from Poltergeist 2 after the father drinks the entire bottle of tequila and ends up being possessed by the evil old man posing as the tequila worm. After the father throws him up, he looks like a shriveled up baby.

Here's the video:

Does that kinda look like what you saw?

Thanks for sharing your story! Now I have to go hit the books to do some more research.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

edit on 1-10-2010 by truthseeker1984 because: fixed youtube code

edit on 1-10-2010 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2010 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join