It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Fact or Fiction?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker PI

Hey, my pleasure Pi... keeps me out of trouble, it does, and it's fun.

Yes... video is low res... (even HD) - our brain does the work.

Be well!

Pixel

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

What I saw was as big as a gorilla, but it walked upright. Ill give you more info on where it was once I get my 20 posts done. After being a reader for over a year, I finally decided to join.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xArea51NightStandx
reply to post by Bluesquid

What I saw was as big as a gorilla, but it walked upright. Ill give you more info on where it was once I get my 20 posts done. After being a reader for over a year, I finally decided to join.

Welcome aboard...

There is cold beer and left over pizza in the frig.
No shoes on the furniture and let the cat out before you turn in for the night.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Did the SiFi channel know we were discussing this matter?

Now the movie Yeti is now playing on SiFi. This one was made for TV. Some of the graphics are bad.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Another interesting video of a presumed Bigfoot is the one from Mono Lake. It is from a family video. Supposedly, the husband/father did not realize he had captured something on film until they watched the full video at home. So here it is for your viewing pleasure. It occurs around 00:55 to the right, walking behind the rocks:

Here is the link just in case...

Bigfoot by lake

This was quite the controversial topic over at the BFRO.

Personally, I don't know what to think. To me it looks like a "Bigfoot" carrying a young one on its left side. Supposedly, other viewers see other movement behind the other rocks. It's hard to tell.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PixelDuster

Very nice screen capture. This is why it reminded me of the Mono Lake footage and I posted it here in this thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Personally, I don't know what to think. To me it looks like a "Bigfoot" carrying a young one on its left side. Supposedly, other viewers see other movement behind the other rocks. It's hard to tell.
reply to post by Kratos40

Agreed Kratos the enhanced and frame steadied versions of Mono Lake lend more power to your observation.

For sure its still just a dark shape moving away between rocks but I like it non the less.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Thanks for posting the video Kratos40.

If the video is legit I wonder why the big foot is facing away from the camera most of the time. You can clearly see it turns forward just at the right moment as it entered the taller rocks. If it was a hoaxer they would have kept their face turned from the camera the whole time to be sure. This creature could tell of the rock size behind it without looking.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

You have a good point Lostinspace, but the argument put against the footage is not that its faked, but that the dark shape could equally be interpreted as a human Backpacker. So it falls into that tricky area of interpretation.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Thank you, Kratos.

I'd not seen the Mono Lake video before... very interesting... thanks for posting it.

Watched all the related clips. The "Solved" one has better alignment than the other stabilized one. So far not seeing any movement to speak of in the background rocks, though, but those dark patches get the imagination going... just think if there was one behind each rock! Wa-hey!

Peace.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

just think if there was one behind each rock! Wa-hey!

A troop!

Now wouldn't that be something. I remember reading a story ( who knows its credibility) of a group of prospectors holed up in a shack, being attacked by a troop of rock throwing BF's. Great story I'll try to track it down again.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Big fun, eh, what?!

I remember that story... was from the old Gold Rush days in California, right?

Ah, the joy of shapes!

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I've seeen that video before.
Although it's interesting for me the verdict is still out.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Reports of Bigfoot-type creatures in California go back to at least the 1840s when miners reported encountering giant two-legged beastlike monsters during the gold rush days. Sightings of the Oh-Mah, as the native tribes called them, continued sporadically until August 1958, when a construction crew was building a road through the rugged wilderness near Bluff Creek, Humboldt County, and discovered giant humanlike footprints in the ground around their equipment. For several mornings running, the men discovered that something had been disturbing their small equipment during the night. In one instance, an 800-pound tire and wheel from an earthmoving machine had been picked up and carried several yards across the compound. In another, a 300-pound drum of oil had been stolen from the camp, carried up a rocky mountain slope, and tossed into a deep canyon. And in each instance, only massive 16-inch footprints with a 50-to-60-inch stride offered any clue to the vandal's identity.

www.unexplainedstuff.com...

Its a lame article but this is the story.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Same here, really...

The more I look at it, the shape seems a tad "off," mostly the arms...

But still could be, though. Seems to want to hide.

Dunno... it's pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I don't know about this one

This is the Redwoods bigfoot video. It is enhanced to see what is really happening

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Yep that's the story. Thanks! Can't recall offhand where I'd read it... a book I think many moons ago...

That was a strangely written piece... guess the author wanted to get it all in, as it were. Started to get a wee bit better below the pic, but, then that long odd closing emphasis on the Skookum cast.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I am pretty sure I've seen that before... but can't truly place it in my memory.

Anyway, wow... if that's the enhanced version, the original must've been mud! But, hey at least the dude tried, I can't really say how I'd react in close, sudden proximity to such an awesome being.

I can see a pretty good looking shape between about 0:18 and 0:30... looped... moving towards the right. Before and after though I can't make out a thing.

Interesting, nonetheless!

Side note: As a Fortean, I hold to no dogma or belief, (although being human, I do, sad to say get, briefly, 'enthusiastic' at times), taking in what's presented at face value, study it, absorb what's left... and add it to the pile.

>> Ah, much better on the big screen! It moves off out of sight behind some [rocks?]. Very cool. Seems rather casual in it's movement, though... I doubt it's possible it didn't know the guy was there.

>>> Oh, man, my clutch is slippin' I do believe... sorry Slay, don't be mad, just overtired I think. It's 3 of them in a row... not a loop! That's really pretty rad, IMO.

>>> An article on it (acknowledging only one BF) and featuring some BF luminaries: The Redwoods Film (W/Commentary)

edit on 10/7/2010 by PixelDuster because: should be obvious

edit on 10/7/2010 by PixelDuster because: not tellin.'

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As a young girl, I saw first hand physical evidence in Fawlk Arkansas. I saw the foot print taken from the ground and a rendering of the creature drawn by the owner of the corn field it was spotted.

My grand father also shared a story with me. I believe they exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI

just think if there was one behind each rock! Wa-hey!

A troop!

Now wouldn't that be something. I remember reading a story ( who knows its credibility) of a group of prospectors holed up in a shack, being attacked by a troop of rock throwing BF's. Great story I'll try to track it down again.

I believe the story you're referring to is the one reported at Mount St. Helens, in Ape Canyon - which I understand is how that canyon derived it's name.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join