It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Fact or Fiction?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker PI

Your right , the whole argument of not finding a dead bigfoots body as reason to argue against his existance needs to be put to rest for all those people who still cling to that opinion.Nature claims back anything that dies within it at incredible speed and efficiency.
I have included a time lapse video of a dead deer and how fast the carcass is comsumed.This particular carcass takes only five days to literally disappear. This should give people a better visual of just how hard it is to find any skeletal remains anywhere in the deep woods. www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-10-2010 by mark1167 because: im new to embedding videos! sorry.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Excellent post. I am not an avid bigfoot fan myself ,but there is something about the Patterson film that just seems real to me. and I, like many others,never noticed the breasts before. Why was this never mentioned by the "admitted hoaxers"(none of them being Patterson himself)? Several different people have come forward claiming to be the man in the suit, but none of them ever mentioned breasts.(and if you're a man breasts are always worth mentioning).
edit on 5-10-2010 by abe froman because: maybe they live underground

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I find it interesting how many people claim they don't believe the possibility of big foot, let's remember this is ATS people. I think part of denying ignorance is at the very least opening your mind to ideas that you are told most of your life are false. Socrates himself found he was enlightened when he realized that he really knew NOTHING. It seems like everytime I turn around scientists are discovering some new species of animal, plant, bacteria, planet that looks like Earth etc. Etc. If we are constantly discovering new things, how is it really that hard to believe that maybe just maybe the stories that have been told about big foot style creatures all over the world might be based on fact?

I personally know someone close to me who lives in the pacific north west and swears he has big foot type things on his land. His family has owned the property for several generations, and almost every member of the family has at least one good story. Supposedly, they seem to coexist well enough that they give them their space, and respect, and in turn receive the same. When asked why they don't try and blow the lid off the whole thing and try to catch one or kill one, (trust me, I've asked like a hundred times!) They say they don't want the attention, as they are growers of a herbal remedy not exactly accepted by law enforcement. They have a good thing going, and I honestly think they feel as if they are the protectors of these creatures....who knows. Thanks for the thread Slayer, the boobs add a whole new dimension to the video.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

A very disturbing,but,interesting video.
Not something you would want to watch
if you are eating.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Is it me or does bigfoot have man boobies? Or maybe this bigfoot was a female. Or there is something wrong with bigfoots chest.

Peace!
Haha, should of finished reading the post.

edit on 5-10-2010 by Armour For Victor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

In Washington state, several of the coastal counties have ordinances that strictly forbid the killing of Sasquatch, save in self defense.

I believe some in Oregon do as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
With the low cost of these motion sensor cameras for use in the woods (I think they are called "trap cams"?), it seems like it should just be a matter of time that someone gets a picture.

I think that someone should set up a camera where someone has had a sighting but didn't get a picture.
Set up the cam and wait a few weeks for the weather to clear away the human scent. If the bigfoot is like most animals it will pass through the same area at some point in the future (unless it smells a human). When it walks by, blam, picture.

Shouldn't this plan work?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
...but none of them ever mentioned breasts.(and if you're a man breasts are always worth mentioning

Worth mentioning unless they are really hairy (or you're an eastern Indian dude and used to that sort of thing...it's a cultural thing ok...they like hair and lots of it! I saw it on the Discovery Channel)

We need a bigfoot film of a male bigfoot. Then they can study the rule of foot size vs. ---- size.
Good thing the bigfoot isn't into having its way with the hunters, it could turn into another Ned Beatty "Deliverance" scene.

edit on 5-10-2010 by JonInMichigan because: typo

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

This is coming from the angle that BF is just another animal. I'm pretty sure that BF is as intelligent as we are if not superior to us.

So if you didn't want to be seen, would you fall for the motion camera thing or just walk around it? You may even tease us silly humans by flashing in front of it so fast that it leaves nothing but a blur (sound familiar)?

In one account, the family who allegedly shares land with a family of BF state that the BF's can talk, and that they've heard the larger supposedly male/daddy of the BF family tell the younger BF to watch out for the camera.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As with many things on ATS, I think it is best to review the evidence (for and against), evaluate/weigh the evidence, and then make an informed decision.

With Bigfoot the mountain of evidence (foot prints, hand prints, finger/palm prints; the unusual nest/beds, the sound recordings, photo recordings, video recordings, film recordings, trail cam shots; the unknown hair, unknown scat; the thousands of eyewitness accounts, the similarity of sightings and locations, the certainty of the eyewitnesses as to what they saw etc.) continues to grow, and makes me feel that the probability of Bigfoot existing is more than 90%.

I have no issue with those that come to a different conclusion, but most have not actually reviewed the evidence. A good place to start is BFRO.NET.

The Jacobs trail cam shots have captured a probable (to my eyes) Bigfoot juvenile. www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well I just wanted to thank everybody for participating in this thread.
So far everybody, both believers and skeptics have kept the discussion civil.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I once saw a Bigfoot in the Adirondack Mountains with a buddy of mine in high school. Got about a good 5 seconds looking at him before we ran miles without looking back. We told a few people but not a single person beleived us so we just stoped telling about it. Long story short, even if its true, 90% of people wont beleive you unless they see it for themselves lol

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan

1. What's that dark line that runs down the middle of it's back to it's buttocks? This is obvious in the still you posted in the OP. I think this might actually be a seam where the zipper is situated on the monkey suit.

It could very well be a line in a suit for a zipper. I however feel it is a line that follows the creatures spinal cord. Like everything about the creature in the video everything is larger and more pronounced IMO. Still we just don't know.

2. Watching the footage I can't help but notice how deliberate the walk is. This makes me think it's been staged. The walk looks too measured to me.

If it is a real bipedal mountain creature and not human it would know how to better navigate it's territory/habitat than we humans. Meaning, how to traverse rocks, stones and fallen logs etc. So it would seem IMO to stroll rather casually though such rough debris strewn terrain.

If one observes the back musculature of Silverback gorillas, the same effect is seen. The big musculature creates a cleft. The Bigfoot/Sasquatch creature displays similar musculature to a gorilla as seen in in the following pictures:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b25a543c9f3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d190d4899b75.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c6bd1692838.jpg[/atsimg]

Then compare to the Patterson still image that has been used in this thread a couple of times:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39c6b6a3f555.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/058d9d5e7ae3.gif[/atsimg]

I don't see how anyone can think this is a zipper. Maybe it's on the front?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well I just wanted to thank everybody for participating in this thread.
So far everybody, both believers and skeptics have kept the discussion civil.

Thank you.

Wow. You are right. This has been one of the most civil discussions I have seen on ATS in a long while.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Another anomaly that I have been thinking about is from what I saw in terms of muscle flexsion in the upper pectorals:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9858a2b92a94.gif[/atsimg]

Here's a more contrasted version:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7f401841813.gif[/atsimg]

Courtesy of bigfootencounters.com.

To add another note, the creature that I observed was male because of its V-shaped body and size. The Patterson Bigfoot is obviously a lactating female who could very well be carrying some "baby fat" as they say.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Great observations Kratus.

Did you look at the McKenzie river Vid a few posts back ?

What did you think ?

Its no Patterson film but very interesting none the less. I don't have the software to look in detail at the 5 secs of footage that count, and would be interested to see what the Photoshop boffins would make of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI

Great observations Kratus.

Did you look at the McKenzie river Vid a few posts back ?

What did you think ?

Its no Patterson film but very interesting none the less. I don't have the software to look in detail at the 5 secs of footage that count, and would be interested to see what the Photoshop boffins would make of it.

Yes. I actually posted this video back on page 7. I had seen it before on the BFRO.net website. I am always scanning the site to see if anyone else has seen anything in the Kaibab National Forest or at my favorite camping site. I don't think this a Photoshop thing. You can only do that in pictures I presume. Here we are talking about actual video. And if you notice, the camera guy doesn't even realize that he got the movement on film.
Someone even mentioned of a face turning around to gaze at the boater around 00:21 to the top left quadrant of the screen.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Excellent example of what I was talking about.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Thanks for pointing out the 00:21 frames. Couldnt see it myself.

The 00:41 frames I had hoped could have had more detail pulled from them with some form of Editor software, but I guess the resolution would be an issue without the original files.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI

Thanks for pointing out the 00:21 frames. Couldnt see it myself.

The 00:41 frames I had hoped could have had more detail pulled from them with some form of Editor software, but I guess the resolution would be an issue without the original files.

I tried seeing something, but it was difficult to discern and then becomes a stretch of the imagination. From what I saw, it was facing it back to the river, and as the boaters went by, its head turned. But again, it could be a trick of the imagination. If only the video experts in ATS could give it a try.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join