It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch Fact or Fiction?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

I find it funny that you mention the orangutan lineage....because the main thing about the patterson gimlin footage that lead me to believe it is real, is something that I've never heard anyone mention...

There is a flap of skin that connects the bicep area to the forearm and the pectorals to the shoulder that is reminiscent of orangutans.... There is NO suit for a man that would have that flap of skin. watch the video again and look for it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Jaden
edit on 7-10-2010 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You make a really good point about it strolling through debris strewn lanes....

If any one has gone hiking in the mountains or forests where rocks and debris are strewn like in the patterson gimlin footage, they would know that it is REALLY difficult to not push over a rock as you are walking and lurch or stumble from time to time, especially if you aren't looking at the trail in front of you.

Yet, this creature walks without looking ahead of itself without a single stumble etc...

A man in a suit with encumbered vision because of wearing a suit would not be able to easily traverse this type of terrain....

Jaden

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here is a great link. There is a link to get recent sightings on Google earth complete with description of the sightings

Must see!
Bigfoot map

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by trailertrash

I encountered a road kill black bear in northern California last month while driving on eye 5 north of Mt. Shasta. If a bear can end up this was so can a biggefoote.

Funny you should mention that.

In Rockingham County, NC, about 6 or 7 years ago, people were reporting the presence of bears. Fish and Game stated repeatedly that there were NO bears in Rockingham County, to the point of exasperation. They maintained that there was NO evidence for bears there, despite witness testimonies.

Then a guy hit a bear on highway 220 in Rockingham County in his pickup truck. He loaded the carcass into the bed of the truck as evidence.

Fish and Game promptly charged him with "taking game out of season."

His defense? Impossible. There are NO bears in Rockingham County, per the fine folks at Fish and Game. If there are NO bears, he obviously couldn't have killed one, intentionally or not. I do believe his argument prevailed, and don't know what became of the non-existent bear carcass.

There are still NO bears in Rockingham County, despite this.

I used to live there, in a trailer in the middle of the woods, way off of a dirt road. I have personally seen bear tracks in the mud along Jacobs Creek, right at the base of the hill I lived on. Doubtless they were made by some ne'er do well with too much time on his hands, strapping wooden facsimilies to his shoes, because there are NO bears in Rockingham County. I do know what bear tracks look like, though. I'm from way up in the mountains, where bears DO live, according to the fine folks at Fish and Game.

Yup, if a bear can end up this way, so can a bigfoot. Eventually.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah. Good ole fish and game. There are deer where I live but they are the small type and very shy. Each year three or four are available on the side of interstate eight. I always try to get them because if they are fresh kill the meat is OK and I make buckskin the Indian way as a hobby. I'm taking a chance though of getting a citation like you mentioned. In or out of season here a tag is required.

When laws are unjust, sneak around them when you can.

tt

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Another Great Post and Great Debate for ATS readers. I must say right off the bat, I don't believe in Bigfoot.
A hunter would have shot one by now, or at least gathered a carcass,skeleton,hair,scat,blood,etc. for scientific
study for real. Still a fun thread for unsolved mystery legend lore and all.

S&F

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Interesting video. I have never seen the Redwoods one. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

I find it funny that you mention the orangutan lineage....because the main thing about the patterson gimlin footage that lead me to believe it is real, is something that I've never heard anyone mention...

There is a flap of skin that connects the bicep area to the forearm and the pectorals to the shoulder that is reminiscent of orangutans.... There is NO suit for a man that would have that flap of skin. watch the video again and look for it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Jaden
edit on 7-10-2010 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

Thank you for that observation. I'm going to find pictures of orangutans and research what you have pointed out.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Thanks for the explanation regarding the dark line that runs down Bigfoot’s back in the Patterson film. You’ve presented a strong argument here Kratos.

Thanks to this excellent thread my eyes are being opened to the possibility that, dare I say it, the Patterson footage could be real. Threads like this are the reason why I joined ATS, to have a civil discussion about a topic that I find fascinating and learn a couple of things along the way. I wish all threads were like this.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well here's something I stumbled upon this morning. I guess they're looking for Bigfoot in China.

Scientists to look for China's Bigfoot

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
$1.5 million, I didn't realise these expeditions were so expensive. I hope they can get the funding but I bet this won't go anywhere, either through lack of funding/resources or lack of dedicated research. You've got to be prepared to get your hands dirty, unfortunately most of these so called researchers aren't and that's why we don't have any definitive answers yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Text

A hunter would have shot one by now, or at least gathered a carcass,skeleton,hair,scat,blood,etc. for scientific study for real. Still a fun thread for unsolved mystery legend lore and all.

I'm the most dangerous thing in the timber.I have been in the air and on the ground spotting game,I know were they are.If any animal the size of bigfoot were spotted trust me I would give you proof.
edit on 10-10-2010 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2010 by flyingfish because: text

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan
$1.5 million, I didn't realise these expeditions were so expensive. I hope they can get the funding but I bet this won't go anywhere, either through lack of funding/resources or lack of dedicated research. You've got to be prepared to get your hands dirty, unfortunately most of these so called researchers aren't and that's why we don't have any definitive answers yet.

I agree that the $1.5 million price tag is kind of strange. Perhaps this is to provide a stipend, housing and food for a large group of researchers to stay in the area for a while.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40

Originally posted by Beast Of Gevaudan
[...] I bet this won't go anywhere, either through lack of funding/resources or lack of dedicated research. You've got to be prepared to get your hands dirty, unfortunately most of these so called researchers aren't [...]

I agree that the $1.5 million price tag is kind of strange. Perhaps this is to provide a stipend, housing and food for a large group of researchers to stay in the area for a while.

You're likely right, Kratos, but unfortunately I must go with Beast's feelings, as they are my own as well.

They had coducted in China a few years ago at least one previous official search for the Yeren, and it went nowhere.

It is my feeling also that nothing will come from anything like this... and further that the only way they'd ever have even a hope of a glimmer of success is if they went about it in the same fashion and manner of our dear Jane Goodall, (a believer!) who, after years of work at her station deep in the forest eventually befriended her gorilla neighbors.

Not saying, obviously, that our guy has anything to do with gorillas, but they would then have a chance at being able to see (eventually) that the researcher is not only not a threat but genuinely concerned.

Since we can pretty much presume that they are highly intelligent, the technique of having guys traipsing around, even "quietly," even for a week or two, which spooks even "regular" critters, as has been mentioned on ATS before, is not conducive to a scenario that would be able to gather anything better than what we have now, evidence wise.

But still, I wish them luck.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Destination Truth: The team Travels to the end of the earth to search for the Siberian snowman.

edit on 10-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PixelDuster

I have to agree with you. BF does not want anything to do with us and given the intelligence the species appears to have, I do not believe we could round up a posse to find them......Not going to happen.

If and when contact is made, it will be by accident and not intent. My fear is that should that point be reached our introductory card will be a 303 bullet.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I wish all threads here could be conducted in the manor you have conducted this one.
Great info, thankyou.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PixelDuster

Exactly.

I bet if some of the members of this thread got together on an expedition like this with the funding and resources they’re asking for we’d have some answers. I often find myself questioning the passion of “researchers” who are given the opportunity to investigate these things because they give up too easily in my opinion. They lack the patience and dedication to get results.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker PI

Yeah, kinda sad that, too...

Actually I don't think traipsing about garishly (as in Slay's Destination Truth vid above, which was big fun
) would necessarily make BF skeedaddle far... I think curiosity would compel them to hang out... as in "What the heck are these creatures up to now."

But the team will end up with just what they did in the vid... nearly zip. BF will just become invisible. Not literally so, but you won't see him or her. Heck, even deer can do that... they can stand nearly right in front of you and you won't see them, till they bolt... and, in my experience, deer are pretty dumb, so, imagine a being as adapted to the forest as a deer but with big smarts behind it.

I sincerely hope that someone doesn't shoot one. That would be so bad. It'd ruin everything.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker PI

Absolutely... this thread is by far one of the best if not the best ever in the manners and decorum department... and I've been reading ATS for a very long time.

And pretty rad on the new info side as well!

Kudos Slay!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Beast Of Gevaudan

Hey, ya think? Sounds like a great idea!

I'm up for it, but even so, it'd be impossible for me in my current situation...
- give it a few years though...

I would like to share your feeling that there are at least a few of us here in this unique place that'd be into it... and willing to spend the time. A major commitment, so some soul searching required perhaps due to that. With bucks like mentioned in China provisions wouldn't be a problem.

Having said that though I really do still feel that it would need to be a Goodall permanent camp type trip... on-scene for a good long while.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join