It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Soldiers Sexually Abuse Palestinian Children

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Israeli Soldiers Sexually Abuse Palestinian Children

sjlendman.blogspot.com

Israeli Soldiers Sexually Abuse Palestinian Children - by Stephen Lendman

On September 10, Israel's YnetNews.com headlined, "IDF sexually abused Palestinian children," headlining:

"Damning (September 9) CNN report cites uncorroborated sexual abuse charges of Palestinian children detained by IDF." Military officials refused to "respond to abuse charges as no details (were) provided," a spokesman saying "We cannot address general claims on the subject in the absence of a specific complaint."

CNN's report "featured an unidentified Palestinian boy claiming that IDF forces attem
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
sjlendman.blogspot.com

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here is a very sad story about what does go on in Palestine to children.It sickens me no end,im nearly speechless.....
26% cited painful position abuse
32% were forced to sign confessions in Hebrew they didn't understand
26% cited painful position abuse;
4%, in fact, were sexually assaulted
69% said they were beaten or kicked;
97% of children said their hands were tied during interrogations;
DCI suspects these figures "may understate the extent of the problem," a conclusion substantiated in an earlier article titled "Palestinian Children Under Occupation,"
link for full facts....there is lots more. [sigh]
The world has to stop this crap!!! Its a disgrace that the english language has not made words for yet...[pause]to describe.

sjlendman.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
CNN's report "featured an unidentified Palestinian boy claiming that IDF forces attempted to insert an object into his rectum," and that dozens of officers present stood around laughing while it happened.

The network cited Defence of Children International (DCI) as its source, an independent NGO involved in promoting and protecting children's rights globally for over 30 years, founded on the date the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) passed 10 years later.

anybody on ats tonight?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
more propaganda bullsh-t ..
one boy makes a story up with the help of his terrorist family and the world and his dog joins forces to bash Israel..nothing to see here just smoke and mirrors....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

You forget that CNN report you think so highly of is uncorroborated.

That means, for all you know they walked up to a small Palestinian boy and said was you raped by Israeli Soldiers. Hell, the reporter could have made the whole thing up in his hotel room instead of looking for a story because it was to hot outside.

Find something corroborated and you might get my attention, probably not, but theres a chance.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
one boy makes a story up with the help of his terrorist family and the world and his dog joins forces to bash Israel..nothing to see here just smoke and mirrors....

Perhaps, but I am not sure what the family would have to gain by such claims. Their lives are likely in jeopardy now that they have come forward and spoke against Israel. I won't be surprised if you later see an article claiming they were killed trying to launch a rocket.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Playing devils advocate just making the claim is going to portray the IDF / Israel in a bad light world wide, and will cause further upheaval between Israel and its Arab neighbors. It will continue to be a vice towards peace.

I wont discount all of it out of hand.. The issue with signing paper they cant read is a common tactic in the middle east, Israel and arab countries, not jsut Israel.

It doesnt make it right though. All parties in this mess need to have there heads cracked together and told to wake up and knock it off.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Did you look at the stats or read the link,i think not,pay me no mind.
You would prefare to look the other way while their is a chance of this happening....
bo lax

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I was sexually molested by a Palestinian too, can I get CNN pay to do a story on my abuse by a Hamas???

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Kaploink

Playing devils advocate just making the claim is going to portray the IDF / Israel in a bad light world wide, and will cause further upheaval between Israel and its Arab neighbors. It will continue to be a vice towards peace.

I wont discount all of it out of hand.. The issue with signing paper they cant read is a common tactic in the middle east, Israel and arab countries, not jsut Israel.

It doesnt make it right though. All parties in this mess need to have there heads cracked together and told to wake up and knock it off.

Thanks for the reply,i see your point. Im just a dude in Ireland that was sickened by the story.
I agree with you ,a couple of cracks

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You want to read something really disgusting?

I read once about a handicap kid who drowned. The Teenage camp counselors weren't paying attention and that kid died.

Do you agree that is sad?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I know emotions run high here at ATS sometimes over the Israel/Palestine issue. However this time it seems a tad bit Over The Top. "If" [It is possibly true] an Israeli soldier/soldiers did molest/Rape a child then he/they should be held accountable and charged as rapists

Let's not start making blanket claims against the entire IDF.
That would be absurd IMHO.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

No worries.. Personally I dont think there is enough media coverage of whats going on in the Middle East, media coverage on all sides, and not state sponsored propoganda.

Its one thing to read accounts of whats going on. Its another thing entirely to see video of it and for the video to be verified, etc etc.

link   
This particular story seems a piece of highly irresponsible reporting.

We already have lot's of stories out there about the tragedies befalling Palestinians, and to issue this uncorroborated report seems like the work of a really lazy reporter. and the judgement of a really sleazy editor who knows that he can assure readership and traffic by laying out a horror story without bothering to investigate it.

Why not just report all rumors?

It's just as bad as one posters response declaring flatly that this boy was coached by his 'terrorist' family.

Really? Way to raise the bar.

If (and that is a conditional) this really happened it is a crime by any reasonable measure. If (again) it didn't happen, the reporter should be fired for inciting hatred. As far as the editor who 'authorized' this report... well he or she should be forced to go out and investigate the story fully... and don't return without all the facts. Let us know how the weather is in Palestine while you're at it.

link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Perhaps, but I am not sure what the family would have to gain by such claims. Their lives are likely in jeopardy now that they have come forward and spoke against Israel. I won't be surprised if you later see an article claiming they were killed trying to launch a rocket.

I agree,what could they have to gain from this? a bullet., now guys educate me ,dont flame me if im wrong.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Insofar as this story is concerned I would like to actually see the CNN report cited.

Lacking that it does not belong in Breaking News... as it is sourced from a Blog.

I will give time for the members to research the matter further.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The work of fiction, I mean news article was done last May I believe.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I know emotions run high here at ATS sometimes over the Israel/Palestine issue. However this time it seems a tad bit Over The Top. "If" [It is possibly true] an Israeli soldier/soldiers did molest/Rape a child then he/they should be held accountable and charged as rapists

Let's not start making blanket claims against the entire IDF.
That would be absurd IMHO.

Thanks slayer ,always a voice of wisdom
,i aint got a problem with anyone mate,either side...
If the soldier done it he should be punished ,big time...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Damning (September 9) CNN report cites uncorroborated sexual abuse charges of Palestinian children detained by IDF." Military officials refused to "respond to abuse charges as no details (were) provided," a spokesman saying "We cannot address general claims on the subject in the absence of a specific complaint."

CNN's report "featured an unidentified Palestinian boy claiming that IDF forces attempted to insert an object into his rectum," and that dozens of officers present stood around laughing while it happened.

The network cited Defence of Children International (DCI) as its source, an independent NGO involved in promoting and protecting children's rights globally for over 30 years, founded on the date the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) passed 10 years later.

In May 2010, it asked the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture to investigate 14 cases of sexual assault or threatened assault it uncovered - committed by Israeli soldiers, interrogators, and police from January 2009 - April 2010. The abused children were from 13 - 16 years old, detained for offenses like stone-throwing harming no one.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Insofar as this story is concerned I would like to actually see the CNN report cited.

Lacking that it does not belong in Breaking News... as it is sourced from a Blog.

I will give time for the members to research the matter further.

If you want to close it mate,i understand. i was just outraged by it and put it up.If it dont hold the weight in everybodies veiw,dump it..I just hope it didnt happen and you can shut every thread i ever made if it stopped one kid geting messed with

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join