It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to shed some light. Who are the real Racist in America? The answer may surprise you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Speaking from firsthand experience on this subject matter;

I am a blond haired green eyed girl that grew up in Houston, Texas. When I was 18 I decided to move to NYC. In my second year there I started a relationship with another woman that I met in a women's shelter. This woman happened to be black and born and raised in Brooklyn. We ended up, through public housing assistance, getting an apartment (not the projects) in Harlem. I had never seen such poverty in my life. If you were to take a city bus uptown from Harlem, which we sometimes did to get to Central Park, you could literally see the line where the black neighborhood ended and the white began. Where the white neighborhood began the trash was picked up, the graffiti was gone, the buildings were nicer.
Most of the people in Harlem were nice to me, but the ones who weren't were the white cops, the black men, and the muslims. I actually had a group of guys throw a bottle at me once when I was crossing the street to the grocery store..
Anyway, back on topic, when the two of us when to apply for welfare - she got it like that day - emergency food stamps and all, I had to wait almost two weeks before I got my letter in the mail saying I had been approved. Another thing that was a little "off" about the welfare we received was at the time Mayor Guiliani had a "work for welfare" program in the city. So my girlfriend gets this letter saying that if she was to continue to get aid then she would have to work in the city's parks department three days a week. I was dreading my letter and what job I would end up with, but it never came. I still got my benefits, but they never put me to work.
I had never seen a true ghetto before I moved to NY, don't get me wrong we definitely have them here in Texas, but up there it was like "modern day slavery". And that is exactly the way I described the projects, and the drug dealers, and the people on welfare. IMO the people in those situations don't feel like there is a way out so they learn to "get over on the system", and make money under the table doing whatever else - illegal, or legal..
What I learned living in Harlem is that it's the blacks that are racist against the whites(me), most of them hated me, and I knew it. Their icy stares never made me feel welcome in their community. I am a nice person!! Not to be blamed for years of so called wrongdoings by "the man".
Either way I can definitely agree with most of the OP and the experience with welfare and that it is a form of oppression. It keeps people down and it's become a way of life for huge amounts of communities. How many families can you find that generations of them have been on welfare? I bet a lot. I think the real key is education. How many are high school dropouts? How many really feel like there is no hope for change? (no pun intended, I did not vote for him!) It's sad. I think the current social system of welfare breeds a lot of anger, hate, resentment, and.... racism.
If I had never had the experience that I had, I can only imagine the stupid things I might say on the subject..

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Originally posted by neo96
entitlements is the modern face of slavery dont like that assessment then stop pushing it.

the op is right entitlements do nothing but keep those people down and i can guarantee you this factoid

anyone pushing entitlements dont live on them.

people called me stupid when i said this in another thread im glad someone with a greater skill set than my own

made this thread.

Not sure my skill set is all that great brother. I am just a working stiff getting by the best way I can.
This topic is just so important! How can we make people see?
I did not make this thread to be left against right I made it to shine light on racism.
So hopefully people will begin to see what is fueling it and keeping it alive.
I used to blame minorities then as stated in the OP, I got hurt in '04 and after leaving that DSS office I began looking deeper and

It is a lot easier to blame minorities than finding the source, you have to want to see and a lot of people don't want to. They would rather take the easy way out

Thanks for the compliment though

It does indeed seem important which is why I am looking for clarity. Since this is your thread, your lesson, I need to know which of your completely opposing viewpoints you actually hold.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Originally posted by neo96

the op is right entitlements do nothing but keep those people down and i can guarantee you this factoid

The OP is right? Then I guess the OP is wrong about the Tea Party? Since he claimed that the Tea Party is NOT racist, simply because they support a black man for office. Given that line of logic presented by the OP, how can he then go on to claim the people that supported Obama are racist?

I guess if he is right in this thread, then he is wrong saying the Tea Party cannot be racist because they support a black guy.

Maybe someone can help me understand how both can be true.

Here is the thread in which curiousisall is referring to www.abovetopsecret.com... .
I am not trying to hide anything and I am not going to bring that thread into this one.
curiousisal, just read the first three lines of the OP in this thread. I am not going to argue with you.
I see that you have been mislead and can not admit it, I really do not blame you. I KNOW it is a bitter pill to swallow and I understand how you feel.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

You know what happens when you assume? Who said you were trying to hide anything?

I am specifically referring to your claim that the TP CAN NOT be racist because they support Cain.

Do you honestly believe that a truly racist group would set a minority up to lead them and back him for the highest office in the land? Do you not see how silly that is?
It is much more easier to believe that people are so caught up and delusioned by their own ideology that they will believe what ever is spoon fed to them.

edit on 27-9-2010 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

So which is it? Are the Democrats who supported Obama for president racist or does your logic for the TP hold true?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

So your "proof" for democrats being "racist" are bills from over a hundred years ago ??

... or one thats almost fifty years old !!.

You know Obama is black right ?? wait, wait, you must think that is part of a grander conspiracy to instill false hope and ultimately keep the black man down.

... do you think they send memo's to welfare office's ?? helpful reminders to be racist ??

Certainly then all general managers must go through an orientation on how not to hire black people.

Dear god !! how deep does the conspiracy go !!!

This is Ludicrous, ... and just a clever twist on " my party is better than yours"

you people act like a bunch of children.

K
*Obama is bi racial.
*it is called Affirmative action.
*not sure how deep it goes, maybe we can work together and find out.
*I am sooo sorry that HISTORY shows one party has been racist for about 200 yrs. I know history and facts may get in the way some times but they should not be ignored.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Race baiting .. playing the race card ... Victimhood ...
All big money makers for a bunch of people out there.
And then there are the poor slobs who go along with them, not seeing they are being used.

The real racists are the RACISTS .. who come in all
skin colors and who play others. When someone gets the race card played against them -
dollars to donuts - the one being played against is the victim and the one playing the race
card is the actual racist but isn't aware of it (and would be highly offended if you even
suggested it).

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The "race card" is a creation of white people who think that racism doesn't exist anymore and that we live in a world free of racism.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Just one problem with your logic: The Republican and Democratic parties of the modern day are not the same parties that existed in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Therefore, blaming racism on the Democratic party of old is illogical because the folks who made up that party are mostly dead by now. What's the purpose other than to make one party look better than another? We know that neither party smells like roses.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by christine76

Thank you for sharing your story

The only way we can change is to actually look at who is benefiting from stirring this mess up CONSTANTLY.

It's sad. I think the current social system of welfare breeds a lot of anger, hate, resentment, and.... racism.

You are absolutely right, and it is my belief that is what they are designed to do.
Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Race baiting .. playing the race card ... Victimhood ...
All big money makers for a bunch of people out there.
And then there are the poor slobs who go along with them, not seeing they are being used.

The real racists are the RACISTS .. who come in all
skin colors and who play others. When someone gets the race card played against them -
dollars to donuts - the one being played against is the victim and the one playing the race
card is the actual racist but isn't aware of it (and would be highly offended if you even
suggested it).

WOW

(how do I give applause?)
Wonderfully said!
And if we look at the race card, who has a deck full of them and throws them at every opportunity?
Why do they do so?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Just one problem with your logic: The Republican and Democratic parties of the modern day are not the same parties that existed in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Therefore, blaming racism on the Democratic party of old is illogical because the folks who made up that party are mostly dead by now.

And if I can show that is not the case will you change your views?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And if I can show that is not the case will you change your views?

Do you honestly believe that a truly racist group would set a minority up to lead them and back him for the highest office in the land? Do you not see how silly that is?
It is much more easier to believe that people are so caught up and delusioned by their own ideology that they will believe what ever is spoon fed to them.

edit on 27-9-2010 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

I am game.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is not "proof" but it is very interesting.

Article
I've never known anyone who has become wealthy solely because of welfare programs. And so often, the Democrat Party reminds me of just that: welfare, entitlement programs, and high taxes.

In being part of the post Civil Rights, Black Panther, Hippie, Great Society generation, I was force fed big government ideology, without question. There was no questioning Democrat ideology in inner city Chicago, especially as a black American.

In high school, I met a black Republican. Unheard of. To me at the time, he was a traitor. But then, as I became exposed to different view points and ideology, I began asking some questions. "What have Democrats done that has made my family's life any better?"

When I got my first paycheck in high school, I noticed the tax deductions right away. City tax, state tax, federal tax, Social Security tax, Medicare tax. I started asking more questions. I then began learning about economics, taxes, civics, and pondering and debating what is the role of government. And that education was not one-sided either. During that time, I often asked, why should taxes keep going to welfare programs, when I see and know people purposefully 'gaming' the System? What was the original purpose of these programs?

During every election, I kept hearing Democrats pushing some government program, and people in my neighborhood were still just as poor as ever. It's as if people were becoming dependent slaves to the System. And that's when things really clicked.

Welfare had become mental slavery, and Democrats seemed to be the masters. I'd become tired of seeing people, blacks particularly, having more kids, to get more welfare benefits. And when Democrats vigorously fought Welfare Reform, and screamed how racist and evil such reform is, I was appalled. Prior to the Welfare Reform Act of 1996, I've seen how several generations of black Americans had become dependent on such a system. In the beginning, it used to be embarrassing to be on welfare. 30 years later, it almost seemed an entitlement, or a first and primary means to make a sub-standard living.

I noticed another pattern. Every time some new government program was proposed, Democrats pushed raising taxes. All the while, I thought, if I were able to keep more of my money that I earned, maybe I can pay more of my bills, save, and get ahead.

In college, I began to understand how high business and corporate taxes can hurt job production. I began to understand how most jobs are created by small businesses. Constantly raising taxes, and taxing the wealthy disproportionately, also leads to less spending and investing, by those 'wealthy' people, and the average consumer as well. And when business taxes are raised, who absorbs the cost? The consumer. By my sophomore year in college, my departure from the Democrat Party had become complete. I had become a fiscal Conservative.

It seems that the more power that government is given, the more that they can take away from its citizens. And that is very frightening to me. It seems that the bigger government becomes, the harder it is for them to be held to account by its citizens. And this is when waste and corruption seems to occur most. Democrats, who historically in the past 60 plus years, champion big government, have become symbolic of taxing and spending.

Trying to make big government run more efficiently for the greater good, and to also be more accountable, is very commendable, but unfortunately naive. Even smaller government has its corruption and waste. But instead of asking what can government do for me, as many Democrats ideologically seem to, I'm more interested in asking what can I do for myself, my family, and my community, without the government interfering.

source= hubpages.com... Wilson

edit on 29-9-2010 by Quadrivium because: could not get correct link to imbed

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Good play, good play.

Wonder what anyone's comeback will be to that.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
1) I do not blame today's Democrat party for what the party did 40/50+ years ago.

2) the problem today is the American left. the liberal elite in this nation--almost all of them are in the democrat party--bribe African-America with welfare and 'affirmative action' quotas, etc, to get their votes (90% on average of African-Amercians vote democrat). then, as mentioned, they let the teachers unions run the education system in the ground, making it very difficult for impoverished persons in poor neighborhoods to acheive a better life. instead of blaming the (government-run) schools the (liberal elite) powers that be make vague accusations against whites/businesses/republicans etc to deflect their own blame.

3) American taxpayers pay billions of dollars for anti-poverty programs that provide jobs for liberals and re-election fodder for politicians, but do little to alleviate true poverty.

4) so-called leaders of African America (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Chuck Rangel) live well from tax dollars and business 'donations', and can be relied upon to go to their supporters and promote the democrat party.

5) the media of course pushes the blacks-must-vote-democrat agenda in any way possible, glorifying the Al Sharpton types, mocking or ignoring the Condeleeza Rice / Clarence Thomas success stories, and piling on the blame game against whites/businesses/republicans.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

It is basically everything I had in the OP boiled down from a different perspective.
I just truly wish there was someway I could get people to look at it, instead of just blowing off what is right in front of them.
Many have been msilead and have too much pride to admit it.
I just do not understand
. I did not want to see it either but with so much out there I had to swallow my pride and look at the big picture. Not what I wanted it to be but what it actually was.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
More fuel they use.

The left today encourages blacks not only to view themselves as victims of intransigent white racism, but also to exploit the implied moral superiority conferred by that status. Hoover Institution Senior Fellow Shelby Steele, who is black, wrote in 2006:

"Possibly white guilt's worst effect is that it does not permit whites—and nonwhites—to appreciate something extraordinary: the fact that whites in America, and even elsewhere in the West, have achieved a truly remarkable moral transformation. One is forbidden to speak thus, but it is simply true. There are no serious advocates of white supremacy in America today, because whites see this idea as morally repugnant. If there is still the odd white bigot out there surviving past his time, there are millions of whites who only feel goodwill toward minorities."

A similar sentiment is expressed by the black Harvard sociologist Orlando Patterson, who writes: "America, while still flawed in its race relations … is now the least racist white-majority society in the world; has a better record of legal protection of minorities than any other society, white or black; [and] offers more opportunities to a greater number of black persons than any other society, including all of Africa."

In modern America, whatever threat white racism may pose to the black community is inconsequential when compared to the damage that illegitimacy and fatherlessness have inflicted on it. For several decades, the black out-of-wedlock birth rate has hovered around 70 percent -- far higher than the national average among other demographic groups. Statistically, illegitimacy is the single most reliable predictor of children growing up in poverty; being abused or neglected; dropping out of school; developing behavioral problems; experiencing emotional disorders; having a weak sense right and wrong; being unable to delay gratification or to control their sexual impulses; being sexually active as teens; conceiving children out-of-wedlock; being on welfare when they reach adulthood; and spending time in state reform institutions or prison.

The left, however, characterizes such pathologies as nothing more than by-products of white racism.

source- www.discoverthenetworks.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Interesting topic but I will counter it by invoking change due to social evolution. In the world of social science little is static and unchanging. Each election brings new thoughts, ideas and actions. Yes, even conservatism can and does change from time to time.

If the purpose here is to validate US history then good. If the purpose is to suggest that what was so long ago still is then bad. Reason is time mellows and allows human beings to re-consider who they are and why. This works even in politics. So, it is well that we know where we come from but let us not drag ghosts out of their graves and try to call them viable beings.

Each day dawns new. The future belongs to those who believe this.

tt

ps It is well known that Fox News is an arm of the republican party and that Mr. Beck's primary reason for having a show is to promote everything republican and to run anything democratic into the ground. So, naturally, Glenn is going to dig up whatever he can which he presents to the ignorant listeners who then sit with wide eyes and mouths agape in reaction to just how monsterous the democrats really are.

It is my opinion that intelligent people do not listen to Fox News.

tt

edit on 30-9-2010 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
No arguments from me works4hds.
I said similar in the OP and through out this thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
At least READ the OP or SOME of the thread before Replying TRAILERTRASH.
If you would have Read it you would have seen that Glen Becks name was stated in a source FROM THE NAACP not me.
Get over your preconceptions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join