Time to shed some light. Who are the real Racist in America? The answer may surprise you.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I know this subject has been beat to death on this site but it has been for the wrong reasons.
It has been used mostly as a scare tactic, a way to slander and cause defamation of character. It is a tool that some wield with great control.
Keep your stars and flags if you agree with me, after viewing this post. Instead educate yourself on this subject and try to get the word out.
If you do not agree with me then at least look at the information I will post then look deep with in to see if you have been used or misguided.
We as a nation need to really think about the problem of racism and research the problem. Education on the subject is the only way to absolve the problem.
As long as we have some in this country using it for their own ends or making money off of it then it will never end and will get increasingly worse.
This will be a little long so please bear with me.
First let us start with a little history:

From the end of the Civil War, African Americans almost unanimously favored the Republican Party due to its overwhelming political and more tangible efforts in achieving abolition, particularly through President Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation. The south had long been a Democratic stronghold, favoring a state's right to legal slavery. In addition, the ranks of the fledgling Ku Klux Klan were composed almost entirely of white Democrats angry over poor treatment by northerners, both perceived and actual. However, as years passed and memories waned, African Americans began drifting to the Democratic Party, as Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal programs gave economic relief to all minorities, including African Americans and Hispanics.

source=
rds.yahoo.com...=A0oG7n7zCaJMv5cAn6VXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'BybnZlZnRlBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=12hgt2i3b/EXP=1285774195/**http %3a//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)

What is stunning is the reeducation, (or no education), being taught in government schools that hides all of this from the public. Why any person of color would even talk to a democrat is beyond me. Here is a small excerpt of this excellent, insightful and troubling history of the democrat party:

“Principled Republicans knowing their history would have authored a resolution reciting the facts that the Republican Party was formed, among other reasons, to oppose slavery and that the Republican Party and its first President Abraham Lincoln responded to Southern, Democrat-led secession with a successful war that preserved the union and freed the slaves.
After Lincoln’s assassination (by a Democrat), the Republican-led Congress (over the objections of the Democratic Party minority) amended the Constitution to confirm the liberation of the slaves (13th Amendment: slavery abolished), and the 14th Amendment (freed slaves are citizens equal to all citizens) and the 15th Amendment (right to vote guaranteed to freed slaves).

Southern Democrats spent the next 100 years trying to keep freed slaves down with segregation laws, poll taxes to deny the right to vote, and lynching to enforce the social order. The KKK was formed by a Democrat; no Republican has ever been a member of the KKK. This is the heritage of the Democratic Party.

In fact, the Democratic Party was formed in the first place to defend and expand slavery.

In 1840, the very first national nominating convention of the Democratic Party adopted a platform which read in part:

Resolved, That Congress has no power … to interfere with or control the domestic institutions of the several states … that all efforts by abolitionists … made to induce Congress to interfere with questions of slavery … are calculated … to diminish the happiness of the people, and endanger the stability and permanency of the union.”

source= www.worldnetdaily.com...
After the Civil War the questions of civil rights should have been over. If not for the policies of some Presidents from the Democrat party, racism would probably be dead in this country today.

Things that they didn’t tell you in school; You guys remember Woodrow Wilson right. At least the Glenn Beck listeners do. He rails on the former President as often as he can. Here’s a quick story about the Democrat President.

As soon as President Wilson came into office, he segregated the Federal Government. Say What? That’s right, I said segregated the Federal Government. You see, it was formerly integrated. Yes I will admit that that particular society still had a long way to go as far as human relations were concerned but Wilson went in the opposite direction.

The first movie ever shown in the White House was the illustrious-wait for it-wait for it;

The BIRTH OF A NATION!

Yes, the first movie shown in the White House was a clansman epic and Democrat President Woodrow Wilson loved it. He touted its’ excellence all over town and the consequences were devastating. As a result of the fame and notoriety of the film, the KKK was born again and some say they lynched nearly 4000 Republicans both Black and White.

Remember, the Civil Rights Act of 1871, passed by a Republican Congress, outlawed the KKK. Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, made it OK for them to come back to life. He also sanctioned universal segregation by his actions as the “Leader” of our country in segregating the Federal Government. And once again, the President of the United States’ praise of a Clansman film gave an entire society carte blanche to treat and mistreat fellow American citizens as unequal in either everyday life and/or through the eyes of the law.

His efforts single handedly extended identity politics in American for another 60 years. Imagine the animosity and racism created by this one man and his actions. This is an example of a progressive as he was our first true Progressive President.

Oh Yeah, and they also gave this guy a Noble Peace Prize. Amazing!

I bet you never heard that before!

Frantz Kebreau

National Director

NAACPC

“Ending Identity Politics in the United States of America”

source= naacpc.wordpress.com...
Many people believe that the Democrat Party has changed after the Civil Rights movement. If we look deeper I think that for the most part those in control, the heart of the party, is still very much race based and fueling racism in America.
(No I am not saying that all democrats are racist. I believe they are mislead.)
Let's now look at the reasons I say They are still fueling racism in America:
I will start out with an experience of my own....................
2004 I was in a head on collision and broke my neck. My wife was a stay at home mom of three at the time and with me out of work things looked grim.
I swallowed my pride and said that maybe we should apply for state assistance. So off to the local DSS office we went.
My wife had to stay in the office 2.5 hours filling out a few forms and answering questions that were aimed at deterring us from receiving assistance. During the same time, minorities would come in and be out the door with in thirty minutes who were seeking the same help.
Daily the DSS office would call me to see if I had gone back to work and if not when I would be back...............
Now for people who do not know any better they would blame the minorities for this and take their frustrations out on them, which fuels racism. But it is not the fault of the minorities but that of the government.
The laws and programs they use are aimed at holding minorities back. They have been painted in the form of "social justice laws" to get the liberal movement behind them but they are very racist in nature.

The racism in the left’s view primarily of blacks themselves, but also of whites, has been clear in the policies the left has pursued. Some, like the demand for reparations for slavery, have not yet prevailed. Others, like the demand for affirmative action, have become part of America’s way of doing business as a society. Although claiming to be an equitable “leveling of the playing field,” this policy has actually tilted the social landscape. It has nothing to do with equality of opportunity, and everything to do with establishing a regime that will produce an equality of results. It is a zero sum game in which some win because of skin color and others lose because of skin color. Ultimately, affirmative action has put government back into the business of playing racial favorites — even after the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the summary achievement of the civil rights movement, banned such action.

Liberal racists believe that neutral and objective tests for college admissions are actually rigged in favor of whites. When Asians, many of them recent immigrants with little or no cultural experience, refute this notion by outscoring whites on these tests, liberal racists say that these Asians are not really a minority at all but inauthentic, imitation whites.

Liberal racists bear a heavy burden for having helped destroy the black family and create a black underclass by their romanticization of ghetto behavior, and their insistence that blacks are victims who cannot be held responsible for what they do. They reject the idea that culture rather than race may help explain the disadvantages those in the black underclass face. It is true, as they point out, that some 40 percent of America’s black children are born poor, and that this fact affects their life chances. But it is also true that 85 percent of these poor children come from single-parent homes. It is this circumstance—studies show that children born into single-parent families are more likely to be poor, regardless of race, than children with two parents—rather than “institutional racism” that actually handicaps them. Yet in the liberal view, any policy aimed at countering illegitimacy and single parenthood among the black underclass is “blaming the victim.”

The effects of liberal racism can be seen in the way black students taunt those among them who strive for achievement as sellouts who are “acting white.” Liberal racism can be seen in the unholy alliance between the Democrat Party, the National Education Association and other teachers’ unions, and black spokesmen such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, to maintain their power by opposing school choice for black children trapped in violent and failing public schools. Liberal racism can be seen in the way black voters are kept on the proverbial “liberal plantation” through scare tactics and attacks on “race traitors” such as Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice, who have defied the party line. Liberal racism can be seen, paradoxically, most clearly in the way anyone straying from its premises is immediately branded as a “racist.” This is a powerful sanction that liberal racists use like a bludgeon to control the public discussion about race.

source= www.discoverthenetworks.org...
So why would some in Government want to hold a group of people back or oppress them?
If we look closely at the race card we will find that very few in the middle and lower classes play it. Its usually someone in a political setting. Once it is played however people seem to rally behind it.
We have several areas around my home town that are really run down. I guess you could call them ghettos. Government housing where people are of low or no income.
Why are there so many places like this and why are they mostly filled with minorities?
If you ask some they will say that the system failed them and in part they are correct. Others will say that racism has played a large role in their situation and they are also partly right. Then some will say that they choose to live this way. Why work at McD's when more can be made by not working anywhere?
The fact of the matter is that if you enable someone long enough you make them dependent on you. By ‘dependent’ I mean that they look to you to fill their needs.
The only people that should have Government help of any kind are the Disabled (long and short term) and Senior citizens in this country. If you are healthy and able to work then you should be doing so.
How many times have we heard that illegal immigrants are allowed in this country to fill the jobs that many Americans feel are beneath them? If it comes to the well being of my family there is no job beneath me. And I hope most feel the same way.
Illegal’s are allowed in to add to the minorities vote over time. While many of them or their children will become contributors, some will find that if they choose they will not have to contribute.
There are many people in this Great Nation that are able to work but simply do not have to.
They are actually paid not to work. They are made to feel like they are incapable of getting out of their current situation so why try?
Then we have the ones that pay taxes, to support the ones that some in the government want as their voting base and this also fuels racism in those that do not see the big picture.
But why would they want this?
Well its simple. By holding people back they ensure the vote of these people to whom ever promises the most help for them.
Of course they don’t tell them or explain to them that this help will ensure that they and those they love will be no better off because of it.
It might be another government plan to make it easier for minorities to get housing or government assistance that is promised.
These programs actually hurt minorities. These are the programs that “Hold” minorities back. These programs don’t do anything to promote self worth or to bring up ones self esteem. They give a since of failure, that if they try to get out of their situation they will just be pushed back down.
So why go after the minorities in this way? Well because they are a minority. You surly would not want a majority of people on these programs. You would want them out there working and paying taxes.
For those few that break free from under the Governments thumb it is really no big deal because now they have entered the majority and can help fund all of these programs that hold their families and friends back.
Affirmative Action is one of these programs that help ensure that the majority will stay the majority and the minority will stay the minority.
It makes it harder for whites to take advantage of these government programs. Even when the help is really needed. This also falls into the plans wanted by some in government because it fuels the racism that some hold towards minorities.

To be fair though these programs do help a very few but it holds many, many more back. I praise the few that break the bonds holding them back like our Pres. Obama, but I think this was due more to their families encouraging them, and their own self worth, more than the programs. That’s just my opinion though.
Why would people think that ‘Whites” are holding minorities back? It does not profit anyone and makes no since.
If minorities were not held back that would mean less taxes and more money in everyone’s pocket.
The Civil War and Slavery are also more fuel to the fire. In reality a lot of facts about those times have been distorted. Slavery was wrong and what most people don’t know is that it was not strictly Whites against Blacks, though that is what it has been made into.americancivilwar.com...
This is just one of many articles on the subject, though it is strictly about S.C., it still has a lot of information you will not find in your childs History books or anywhere in the main stream.
Racism does have its effects in this country but most are intended effects. Far left liberals have their own stake in the minorities being held down.
As I said before, as long as minorities are held down, those they look up to for help have power. They will help just enough to make them think they are with them in their fight but what they won’t tell them is that they are fighting a ghost.
A ghost set up to leave some minority folks below poverty level which insure tax dollars coming to the Fed. Government. Little of which makes it to those who NEED it. It keeps those down, believing they can’t do any better. It insures most minority groups will vote for those who they think will help them. But these people are not helping. They are truly hurting all of us.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
OK I will bite. Today we have a dwindling job market. Granted that racism never ever was defeated. Check out some ot the Posts hereon ATS. Do you expect me to believe that a white candidate going for a job in a white company has a reasonable expectation to get the job over a demonstrably more able candidate who happens to be black.

That IS the current problem. I have seen academically weak white candidates who got jobs over very qualified black candidates who knew rthe meaning of work and punctuality.

Sad but true. Still some of these guys have got prestigous overseas jobs in more fair international companies.

T

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

You are right. That is part of the problem.
So ask your self 'why hasn't anything been done about it?'
Look into it, research it, find the root of the problem and EDUCATE.
That is what I was getting at in the OP. If we get rid of the root the weed will die, until then it lives and things like you mentioned, sadly, will continue to happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've been reading about this very thing. Lots of good points here. Thanks for posting.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
OK I will bite. Today we have a dwindling job market. Granted that racism never ever was defeated. Check out some ot the Posts hereon ATS. Do you expect me to believe that a white candidate going for a job in a white company has a reasonable expectation to get the job over a demonstrably more able candidate who happens to be black.

That IS the current problem. I have seen academically weak white candidates who got jobs over very qualified black candidates who knew rthe meaning of work and punctuality.

Sad but true. Still some of these guys have got prestigous overseas jobs in more fair international companies.

T

I don't know where you live but where I live what you have stated is the exact opposite. Every place I've worked has had minorities hired over more whites to an extent, some places of business get a tax credit for hiring minorities . On top of that, minorities were less likely to get into trouble than whites for committing the same violation ie. coming in late to work, no call no shows or taking 20 minutes for their 10 minute break. This is all from my personal experience in the work place, some places I was management so I got to see this practice first hand up close and personal. I call it like I see it.

edit on 28-9-2010 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by tiger5

T

I don't know where you live but where I live what you have stated is the exact opposite. Every place I've worked has had minorities hired over more whites to an extent, some places of business get a tax credit for hiring minorities . On top of that, minorities were less likely to get into trouble than whites for committing the same violation ie. coming in late to work, no call no shows or taking 20 minutes for their 10 minute break. This is all from my personal experience in the work place, some places I was management so I got to see this practice first hand up close and personal. I call it like I see it.

edit on 28-9-2010 by kimish because: (no reason given)

That is Affirmative Action at work.
A lot of people see these kinds of examples and hold resentment towards minorities because of it (which fuels racism), instead of asking how they are able to do these things, who put the programs in place and the real reason they were installed in the first place.
I hope you continue to call it like you see it

By not doing so we fall for another tool that is used to keep people silent- Political Correctness.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Just to be clear, you are saying that today's Democratic party is racist?

I just want to make sure I understand you here.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The thread title here really grabbed my attention and I can't help but weigh in. This thing about the "real racists" seems to imply that the racists I was already aware of were somehow fake, but I was there man and I'm telling you, the ones I saw before really sincerely hated everyone who wasn't just like them. I promise you there is very little fake about racism in America from any source. Nobody is innocent in a society where the basic rights of one individual are up for discussion by the group. It shouldn't be a political issue and shame on any politician who takes any stance at all except that the liberty of all Americans will be defended to the death.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Just to be clear, you are saying that today's Democratic party is racist?

I just want to make sure I understand you here.

Yes Curiousis all, we need to be clear.
From the OP.

Many people believe that the Democrat Party has changed after the Civil Rights movement. If we look deeper I think that for the most part those in control, the heart of the party, is still very much race based and fueling racism in America.

and.........

The laws and programs they use are aimed at holding minorities back. They have been painted in the form of "social justice laws" to get the liberal movement behind them but they are very racist in nature.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You missunderstand. I want to make sure there is absolutely NO DOUBT as to what you are saying here. No wiggle room, no room for error.

Yes, todays Democratic party is the racist you are talking about?

Yes or no on that. Let's keep thins simple because I would hate to think I just took you the wrong way.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThomasNHunter

The thread title here really grabbed my attention and I can't help but weigh in. This thing about the "real racists" seems to imply that the racists I was already aware of were somehow fake, but I was there man and I'm telling you, the ones I saw before really sincerely hated everyone who wasn't just like them I promise you there is very little fake about racism in America from any source. .

I doubt if the ones your already aware of are fake.
What I was referring to are the main players fueling the racism in this country and the tools they use to do so.
Racist come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
But there are people who use/fuel racism to their own ends. If they are not recognized for what and who they are then the problem will never end.

Nobody is innocent in a society where the basic rights of one individual are up for discussion by the group. It shouldn't be a political issue and shame on any politician who takes any stance at all except that the liberty of all Americans will be defended to the death.

Sorry brother, what you are speaking of sounds nice but I don't see the Majority Rule going anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

As stated in the OP and in your other post I replied to:

How could I be clearer?

edit on 28-9-2010 by Quadrivium because: add a question

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
How to explain this...

geography, not party...

The American South used to be heavily Democrats and the north was Republican.

It flip-flopped with the south going to the GOP and the north turning Democrat.

See this map...look at the electoral map in say 1900...then 2008.

www.270towin.com...

So the whole Democrats are racist thing...yes true, around 1900...not 2008

Geography and associated culture correlates to racism...not so much political party.

edit on 28-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oh boy another thread where guilt by association is played.
I just LOVE these threads.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
How to explain this...

geography, not party...

The American South used to be heavily Democrats and the north was Republican.

It flip-flopped with the south going to the GOP and the north turning Democrat.

See this map...look at the electoral map in say 1900...then 2008.

www.270towin.com...

So the whole Democrats are racist thing...yes true, around 1900...not 2008

Geography and associated culture correlates to racism...not so much political party.

edit on 28-9-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

Read the links through out the OP. There are hundreds more out there as well.
Yes, it does seem that they flip flopped but look at what they have done after the civil rights movement. What is still being done today. The key here are the very progressive liberals.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The truely racists are the african americans themselves...not only that they feel "entitlement" because of something someone did over 100 yrs ago when they were not even a twinkle in their parent's eyes.What a dumb thread!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

From my personal experiences of working the food industry for 10 years and having to deal with hundreds of customers on a daily basis, you are correct. But, mind you, these are only our views on things, they may be different for other people. Although I did win all kinds of awards and customer compliments throughout my years, so I know in fact it wasn't me giving "attitudes" or having a wrong perception of people that made me have the negative experiences that I did have. The fact is is racist are everywhere and One could make the argument that there are more white racists than black, I don't believe this to be true seeing as though I've dealt and worked with both, but many must take into consideration that there are far more whites than blacks in the US., or so they say.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

The truely racists are the african americans themselves...not only that they feel "entitlement" because of something someone did over 100 yrs ago when they were not even a twinkle in their parent's eyes.What a dumb thread!!!!

What a dumb post

Most people in America are "taught" in public schools (government run). Think about it.
If you think that is how they feel, then where did they get that idea?
We need to find from where it stems.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Quadrivium because: add a statement

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I understand, I have heard things similar from food industry workers. I just think it is not absolutely not a party thing. However, that's my opinion, I have seen these people belong to republican party the dem party and even the libertarian party...political party IMO has no bearing on whether or not the person is racist it's partisa BS. I hate all these party mud slinging because if one took a poll there's just as many racist repoubes as there are racist dems...period!

edit on 28-9-2010 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

So in your opinion from where does it stem? What keeps it going as strong as it is in America?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join