It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to shed some light. Who are the real Racist in America? The answer may surprise you.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Well saltheart looks like you were right! lol after posting that letter they all left, Hmm I wonder if any of them actually took anything from the thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Again, people need to follow the money, i.e. who benefits from these programs? It certaintly is not the minority/poor community, who was supposed benefit, since those communities are in actually worse economic/social states than prior to 1965.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It seems Dems and Repubs have switched on the issues several times in history. Thus one cannot blame a party for racism. Don't try and tell me Republicans don't have the most racists, I know Republicans. Republicans embrace racism. I laugh at black republicans who are all Uncle Toms.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

WOW!

Perfect example of the disinformation taught by the culture of today and the attempt of this thread to address that ignorance.

So, have you even read the book where that saying came from? Uncle Tom I mean?

Maybe you should, because the story may not be what you think it is.

Also, calling people Uncle Toms because of their beliefs and their skin color, is a RACIST statement.

You are actually attempting to say that anyone of a certain skin color, being a conservative, is actually opposite of what they should be.

Do you not understand what you just did? That is racist. Period.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
It seems Dems and Repubs have switched on the issues several times in history. Thus one cannot blame a party for racism. Don't try and tell me Republicans don't have the most racists, I know Republicans. Republicans embrace racism. I laugh at black republicans who are all Uncle Toms.

If you know they are then give me examples as to how.
I do not wish to argue, I would really like more insight.
I would also like to address the left and right flip/flopping but first I really want to hear what you have got to say about the republicans.I am not a supporter of theirs but I find the Dems to be much more racist.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
bump

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Just read your topic and will answer it here...and probably there too, no problem.

I believe you are a well meaning person who has just a few things wrong...or I should say, mistaken. Firstly, both parties and at the same time, neither party is racist anymore, mostly. Racism is indeed taking a back-burner in this country. That "ism" is being replaced by a new one "classism". The sad part is most people are too late in seeing this. LOL...but we have people still harping on black and white, when the insanely wealthy basically see middle class and lower class whites as N-words too!

We have some people dreaming of a race war and are not aware that even if their trailer park of good ol boys did succeed in killing all the minorities....when they approached the wealthy elite grinning like, "Yep, we got rid of all those N-words!" They would then be gunned down and called N-words themselves. Black, brown and whites are too mingled at the average persons level now.

If you're racists and not filthy rich, I got news for you....you're a N-word just like the rest of us. The reason being is that it's about class warfare now.

Getting back to your thread, yeah most of us are aware that originally it were the Democrats that housed a large number of racists. Those Southern Dixie guys, but included in their ranks were some good white guys who weren't AS racists as those southern dixies. Forgotten is that there were plenty of racist in the Northern Republicans also! Lets face it folks....every white person was racist in that day, just some moreso than others. Understandable!

As stated, the Northern Republicans were just as racist as the Democrats, though they weren't necessarily for slavery. Their stance was, "Set the N-Words free but I don't want them living on my block!" Besides they knew blacks wouldn't truly "be free" because blacks wouldn't get a fare shake. What's the use of being free to pursue the American Dream when you wouldn't be allowed access to the resources required to acquire that dream. The only thing blacks would achieve is being "free" to clean toilets, shine shoes and crawl back to shack far away from white people....but hey at least they're free!

Alright, so the Northern Republicans were racist in a different more covert manner while the Southern Dixies were just blatant, "Oh hell naw...I won't see a "porch monkey" as my equal!" When it came time for the Civil Right's movement. The Southern Dixies and a large number of the Northern Republicans just couldn't stomache that act. They were fine with blacks being "unofficial slaves" and designated to the slums of America, but "HELL NAW" at the thought of giving them equality....for real, for real .

So when members of the Democrats actually showed SUPPORT for this act, the TRUE racist of the Democrats, the Southern Dixies, called their Northern buddies in the Republican party and said, "Ted, look, I'm now officially a Republican! I'll be darned if I'ma sit next to Tyrone in Congress."

Ted said, "Good, cause we're kicking all these N-Word lovers out of our party....come on up and join us!"

And over-night, the Republicans (now carrying the Southern Dixies) became the party that did not hold the best interests of minorities. If so....why did they switch in the first place?

This was my interesting take on the situation. I know I made it fun (on purpose) and the reasons for the switch were more elaborate to include votes and unionization, but you'll get the gist.

I want to go into one other thing concerning "Who are the Real racists in America". Many policies directed toward minorities are ineffective because they aren't COMPLETED! It isn't the actual policies, because they are an attempt, it's the follow through that's lacking. If we really wanted to help someone we would offer them public assistance AND at the same time REQUIRE they obtain a degree or vocational certificate. I'm no Economic Major and typing this up freestyle, I came up with that solution. So you're trying to tell me all these geniuses we have couldn't have done that?

It's deliberate sabotage....to make the policies and assistance look bad. The evil people who don't won't such policies in the first place, deliberately insure the policy won't be successful by leaving the "seal" off. So that they can later say, "See, I told you giving them welfare wouldn't help! Lets cancel it now."

To continue....I think we should no longer have allegiance to EITHER political party! I say it's time for some new ones.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Star and Flag

You are ABSOLUTELY right!!!

I agree with every point made, and as a black conservative, you couldn't have explained it better.

Sadly, many blacks remian blindly loyal to the Democratic Party, most of whom have no understanding about history or politics.

Your arguments here cannot be deconstructed, try as they may.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

earthdude

Democrats and the mythical 'party switch'...(sigh)

The parties never switched. Blacks migrated from the Republican Party to the Democratic plantation, err.....Party because they misunderstood the Civil Rights to be enacted by them. In congress, Republicans voted an overwhelming majority for it, whie the Democrats heavily voted against it. LBJ was in office and decided to not let a good crises go to waste...

so....

He wanted the party base to contain the black vote, which helped them vote in more Democratic polices. The black vote kept Dems in power....

the new 'cash crop' replacing slavery

Meanwhile, old school democrats felt that LBJ had abandoned the DNC values and started to desert their party.

Thus, the mish-mash of the party base during the 60s and 70s.

As it stands, the Republican party has never switched its ideologies, and neither has the Democratic Party.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It was Conservative Democrats who fought to keep slavery... They were the racists of yesterday. Now it's the Conservative Republicans who fight against Civil Rights. Conservatives.

edit on 14-2-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

spiritualzombie
It was Conservative Democrats who fought to keep slavery... They were the racists of yesterday. Now it's the Conservative Republicans who fight against Civil Rights. Conservatives.

edit on 14-2-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

Hogwash.
There is a lot of actual history that you are missing. They don't teach all truth in schools. Sometimes you have to look for yourself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join