It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by number38

Its a great testament to this site that a thread that was built to be: yay, yay, nay, nay, nay, yay, turned into a substantive discussion within the first ten posts.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes or no? If only life were so conveniently black and white.
I accept it and I don't agree with gay bashing or discrimination. That doesn't mean I have to like it.
I think it's unnatural and perverse. And sorry, being born like that doesn't mean it's not unnatural or wrong.
I think GENERALLY, gay people are more promiscuous. Whole new sexual terms have arisen from the gay life style.
So called Gay Pride marches stink - they are symbolic of the pits to which our society has descended. We have crossed the line from tolerance to promotion.
And anal sex is more likely to lead to breaking of the skin and spread of disease.
Well you asked.
Oh and btw, I don't have a religious bone in my body.

edit on 27-9-2010 by starchild10 because: additional points

edit on 27-9-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Can we separate the human from the lifestyle?

Often times we see the lifestyle as the human but it isn't so imo. We should love all people equally, some say we should love your neighbor as yourself...I believe that is a good policy even if we all don't always agree on the lifestyle.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have no problem with gays.

But "gay" will always be an insult used against straight men, particularly in high school locker rooms.

As for marriage, a general "separation of marriage and state" is all that's needed. The problem is that the government is involved in a social institution, period. Let churches marry whom they want to marry; let gays marry at an institution that will accept them. Let any legal effects of marriage be decided by ordinary contract law.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
For what it is worth, I am a little homophobic.

While I don't have any issues with gay people, I do have an issue with the openness. Kids cannot enjoy their childhood anymore without the whole sexuality thing being thrust on them at far too early age [and as part of the gay liberation, this has brought some of this to the fore].

Maybe its and age or generation thing.

as a kid i hated having the whole "heterosexual agenda" thrust on me. it made me feel ashamed and alienated for something i couldn't control.

WE'RE HERE. WE'RE QUEER. GET USED TO IT.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What I think: Everyone needs to mind their own darn business and butt out of everyone else's business in regards to what CONSENTING ADULTS chose to do with their relationships.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Why do we, or why are we supposed to, even care?

What two consenting adults choose to do in the privacy of their home is their own damned business, none of mine or yours, or any of these preachier holier than thou pinheads who seem to regard themselves as the moral arbiters of the world.

So, to answer your question? I don't give a tinkers damn.'

Gay, not-Gay...let us instead explore the content of their character.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
completely against homosexuality

edit on 27-9-2010 by KingDoey because: spelling correction

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What homosexual issue is there on ATS?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I couldn't care less about the issue. What consenting adults do in their bedrooms is no business of mine unless I need to step over them to get to the bus stop.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I used to think I was not a homosexual. Then I found out that I am a raging lesbian. So knowing that, I would have to say that I have no problem with gay people. Please stick to handshakes though. I don't need any kisses from anyone but my kids, wife and dog. (Oh and Mama.)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by number38
reply to post by LarryLove

I want to open peoples eyes, that the gay bashing that goes on here ATS is the same as racism, and that open racism would not be tolerated here on ATS so why is gay bashing flying under the radar?

Why should our opinions be of importance

to anyone else?

We live in a world with very diverse cultures. Rather than try to force everyone to accept the actions of others, why don't we all work on encouraging people to love and be accepting of other people? What does it accomplish for people to say "yay" or "nay"? It does nothing to unify, it just continues to divide and cause people to reiterate or state their opinion.

There are numerous differences in this world, some of which various peoples would oppose. Some cultures readily accept homosexuality, some accept promiscuity, some adultery, some accept bestiality, some believe that on the wedding night the bride is to have intercourse with all the men at the wedding. I am sure we could all agree on one thing. Members would all have differing views on the acceptability of these actions.

I have seen all religions bashed here as well as men, women, ethnic groups, and fat people in the short amount of time I have been on this site. The one truth here is that we can't change the way others act, only the way we react to others. We can encourage people to have love for others in their hearts rather than hatred.

edit on 27-9-2010 by LAinhabitant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Sounds like this question is out to the open and calm minded.
Let's hope that all the readers are open minded.
A simple and direct question, but I'm willing to give a complex answer.
Try to bare with me.

Let's analyze some things seemingly offensive:
Homosexuality obviously is not natural.
We're all animals with the basic instinct to reproduce and survive.

Some say there are gay animals.
But we're animals, too. It doesn't make it anymore natural. Although, for people who really want to get somewhere with that, animals aren't exactly homosexual. When they get the wrong species, it's usually a bit of mistaken identity.
And whatever the reason for it, the base of the problem is always confusion.
A lot of people are sexually confused some time in their life,
so whether it's a choice or not, it depends on your will and gullibility.

Some say they were born gay, but this is impossible because there is no such thing as a sexually active baby.
Even if you can develop it in your childhood, it's still not something you could be born with.
It's not a disease.

I hope you're an adult reading this.
I am not homophobic...in fact, I can't recall having any phobias.
And for all you know, I could be gay.

True homosexuality that someone developed is a psychological problem.
Now that we looked at the facts and that homosexuality is not actually normal at all, let's get back to my yea or nay...
Bare with me.
This is going to be confusing unless you understand my "outside the box" view point on this....
YEA it is..
Yea.. as in I simply don't view being gay any worse than someone having sex with a tree.
It doesn't concern me and I think it gets way too much attention when there are actual problems in the world that actually matter.

Truth be, I could care less. Cleanliness isn't even that big of a problem with it anymore.
Even if you're straight, the likeliness of catching a disease is still ridiculously high.

Maybe mixing the straight and the gay partners around is a whole new load of disease statistics, but that's not necessarily relevant. Condoms might be..

Gay people aren't an issue, they have issues. Child molesters ARE issues, rape adoring perverts ARE issues,
but gay people simply have issues...
We all have issues, but only a few of us are an issue.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Honestly, I dont care what someone does in their bedroom; its none of my business what one does. but, I dont like PDA's straight or otherwise

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I haven't been here long, but a lot of people, I think, have misunderstood this discussion as gay bashing.

Some believe that simply discussing gay is homophobia,
or that simply referring to someone you don't know the name of by "the white guy next to the black guy..just up there" is racist.

It's like that, I think. A lot of pent up issues before they ever even read this.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I think homosexuality is a mental disorder and should be treated properly, but I have nothing against homosexuals because they are much better people than any other group, seriously they are. No one can deny it, although they have some small arrogant a$$holes also, but the majority I have met, I liked, but wouldn't want to be friends with them due to social issues lol..

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't care what consenting adults do with each other and I think they should be allowed to be married while they do it. That's only fair. Simply because people are different doesn't mean we can discriminate. Personally I'm disgusted by the amount of people who are against gay marriage, it doesn't make sense and I can only imagine there is an underlying homophobia, a fear that gays are going to become socially acceptable and somehow spoil all the heterosexual action going on.... Silly irrational nonsense if you ask me...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't see the what the problem is with people being gay, i'm not, but that doesn't mean I should hate them because they are different.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

A mental disorder that should be treated?

You gotta love that medieval thinking. I hear Harvard is looking at trepanning to treat sexual orientation disorder. There have been some good peer reviews.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join