It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yay or nay? as in are you opposed to homosexuality or do you have no problem with it and wonder what everybody gets so upset about? So if you are gay obviously you won't have a problem with it unless you're a self-hating gay which would be a very complicated thread. So yay or nay on the issue.

Its as simple as that. I want to find out what the majority of ATS members actually think about this issue. No debate or arguing just a FOR or AGAINST. If you can't decide then keep the maybes to yourself, have a long think and reply later.

thanks to all who contribute.

peace

edit on 27-9-2010 by number38 because: to make it clearer what I'm looking for (hopefully)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yay

(is this a conspiracy to get us all docked for points because we don't have a second line?)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If you are asking how we feel about the fact that people are homosexual then I say For - I have no problem with it whatsoever - I don't undersand what the issue could be?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by number38

So...what are we yay-ing or nay-ing?

Are we "for" homosexuals? And if that is the question...what kind of question is that?

Or are you asking if we are "for" the "homosexual agenda" I hear so much about. If that is the question, what are you defining as this "agenda".

I'd love to participate, yet I can't quite figure out how.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

It might help to be a little more specific about what we're voting on

For instance:

Am I homosexual? --no
Do I think homosexual sex is okay? --yes
Do I think homosexuality is a "choice"? --no
Do I think gays have the right to marry, and that such marriages should be legally recognized on the same basis as straight ones? --yes

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Yeah, totally!
you can always post it :
YAY!
FOR GAY!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The homosexual issue is people talking and making assumptions about people they don't even know.
It's basically religious fundamentalists and a few macho types escaping their own pitiful social stigmas by fingering somebody else.
It's a way to avoid the fact that the Sunday Sabbath is pagan (and gasp ...Catholic in origin) , and that they wilfully ignore the Friday-sundown-to-Saturday-sundown Biblical Sabbath.
So instead of meditating on how they are weekly vandalizing God's order they decide to brood over the gay "lifestyle" and the sins of others.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Neither do I? that's kinda why I'm starting this thread cause I wanna see if It's a widespread thing or if there are only a few people who actually have a problem with it. Thanks for taking part!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I didn't really wanna debate the issue as it can get messy. It's real easy. There is no gay agenda here, just an open poll, yes or no, if you need clarification then answer this question: Is there anything wrong with being gay?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Is that better?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Totally! can I take you as a YAY! then?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I come at this issue from a different side..
you see I have an adult daughter who announced that she was Lesbian one night at the dinner table...
it din't make me love her less or seek mental treatment for her... it is her life to led not mine...

But knowing how much S**t gay people go through... it made me both said and worried...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Since it's "that" kind of thread, I'm getting out of here.

This type of thread is begging to be flamed.

Have fun with it.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Sorry gay fellas but it's going to be a nay for me.

I've spoken to a few gays on here and as people they seem like really nice guys, I've not got a problem with them as people but as I've made my thoughts on the subject known on here before; I don't accept their sexuality.

I'll tolerate them and would probably enjoy a beer, afternoon out etc with them (especially the homosexuals I've had the chance to communicate with here on ATS)

But as far as accepting their sexuality, no I don't believe it's right.

It's a hard one for me personally as after speaking to guys on here it's obvious that they didn't choose their sexuality but I don't think I'll ever be able to accept a man inserting his penis into another mans anus and to be honest I find the emotional side i.e. a man loving another man, even more disturbing.

However, each to their own and what goes on behind closed doors is none of my business.

I've never (and would never) "hate" a person because of their sexuality, I'm just what some of you modernists on here would call old fashioned and believe the heterosexuality is that norm and any thing else isn't natural.

edit on 27/9/10 by Death_Kron because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am "FOR" homosexuality just as I am "FOR" heterosexuality.

To borrow from americandingbat's fine post:
I am not homosexual.
I have nothing against homosexuality.
I don't care if it's a choice or not.
I think secular marriage should be available to homosexuals just as it is to heterosexuals.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I see this issue in two ways, both of them against being gay. One is that there is a God and so being gay is a sin. The other is that there is no God, and so the point of life is to be born, live, reproduce, and then die. Therefore being gay would inhibit the human race to stay alive, which is bad.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I understand where you're coming from.
So I'll take it as a maybe and maybe you should go and have a long hard think about it cause 'maybe' in the world of gay just means nay. Any choice a person makes in their life that sets them apart from the unified mass of normal culture are bound to have a bit more adversity but the reward of being true to yourself far outweighs ant sadness and will always make that person happy.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

nay

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

What is flamed?
Please enlighten this obvious newbie.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

wait, i'm confused. my nay is supposed to connotate that i AM comfortable with homosexuality. the first couple sentences confused me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join