It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by number38

Yay

second line

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

YAY for the gay!

Second line with jazz hands.....

edit on 27-9-2010 by canuckistanian because: 2nd line

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Of course. I mean anyone grinding away in an obvious sexual manner would bother anyone. what I mean is stuff like holding hands, the odd kiss, hugging, talking openly about their relationship in public without fear. stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Glad to see you think social issues are about as important as your favourite colour.Are you for real?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

This thread is more in line with a kindergarten version of ATS.

There is no gay 'issue', just a need for equal rights for all. What do you mean by the term 'homosexual issue'?

Edit to say: These kinds of threads really annoy me, because you aren't wanting to engage in constructive dialogue. Just asking for a yes/no is homosexuality wrong. If in your mind being gay is wrong, then okay. No one's likely to change that on a message board, but the idea of polling the ATS member base to gauge popular opinion on a non-issue seems strange unless you explain your motives.

edit on 27-9-2010 by LarryLove because: No reason.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
As the question is worded and as I understand from the responses I have to say I cannot endorse or condemn any human activity that lacks a definition beyond with whom one chooses to have sex.

The only proviso to that statement is that we MUST be talking about rational, sane, competent adults.

I'm sure the only time it becomes an issue as such is when the judgement is called for as you are calling for one.

I would be all for any human activity that does not impact the human rights of other people.... but that's the rub isn't it? What if my personal ethical choices do not allow for such activities? Acquiescing to the the practice might somehow impact people for whom I consider myself responsible (my kids, etc.)... would I not be correct in addressing the matter as a negative issue? And would that not automatically cast me in the role of intolerant ignorance?

Damned either way is such a case. All because I may not accept homosexual behavior as a 'proper' mode of social conduct.

Interestingly, what happens without my knowledge and without impact to myself or others is a 'non-issue' by definition. But then, I can only presume that you are talking about public displays of sexual orientation, are you not?

edit on 27-9-2010 by Maxmars because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

My issue is the number of other people on this website who take issue with it and create really long, distracting, pointless threads that are just a subtle form of gay bashing. So if I can prove by poll that the majority of people have no problem then maybe it'll enlighten those do take issue with it. The flip side being obviously that I prove the opposite.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I want to open peoples eyes, that the gay bashing that goes on here ATS is the same as racism, and that open racism would not be tolerated here on ATS so why is gay bashing flying under the radar?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

But the fact is that people are judged here on ATS by there sexuality. Maybe I'm a bit thick but all them fancy words in your post amount to not much in my world. You can't be for and against something. Seems like doublethink is rife on this issue.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by number38

I want to open peoples eyes, that the gay bashing that goes on here ATS is the same as racism, and that open racism would not be tolerated here on ATS so why is gay bashing flying under the radar?

Perhaps it's that everyone get bashed at ATS......

Jews, Muslims, Masons, Gays, Christians, Atheists, skeptics, "believers"..... the list is nearly endless...

People "bash" others as a matter of course around here at times.... Mods stop it as they come across it, but even a personal threshold for what is over-the-line is debatable and thus.. some will inevitably feel they are the victims of another person "getting away with it."

Mods try to encourage others to "Discuss the topic, not the person." - But when a poster personally identifies with the topic such an approach to the dialogue becomes irrelevant... and often gives rise to "counter-bashing" which can be comically ironic from an oberver' point of view.... especially when both participants in the practice of bashing the opponent complain at the same time....

Sorry for inserting my opinion here... I know your answer was directed at another....

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Maxmars

But the fact is that people are judged here on ATS by there sexuality. Maybe I'm a bit thick but all them fancy words in your post amount to not much in my world. You can't be for and against something. Seems like doublethink is rife on this issue.

I am verbose, I get it.

You are all for it, I understand.

I am undecided... because I still don't see the 'need' for the issue without context.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

This thread is more in line with a kindergarten version of ATS.

There is no gay 'issue', just a need for equal rights for all. What do you mean by the term 'homosexual issue'?

Edit to say: These kinds of threads really annoy me, because you aren't wanting to engage in constructive dialogue. Just asking for a yes/no is homosexuality wrong. If in your mind being gay is wrong, then okay. No one's likely to change that on a message board, but the idea of polling the ATS member base to gauge popular opinion on a non-issue seems strange unless you explain your motives.

edit on 27-9-2010 by LarryLove because: No reason.

If threads like this one, as simple as they may be, annoy you then don't post on them. It's a little hypocritical of you to point that out to the OP when you, yourself, are guilty of writing a response that also doesn't engage or encourage constructive dialogue.

...and that's me being a self-righteous sod.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If Gays are hetrophobic and a majority of Hetrosexuals are homophobic, then what are Bi-Sexuals?

As for my personal opinion on Gays? Thats my own business but thanks for asking!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
this kinda seems like one of those threads in hopes of it just becoming a huge thread. I mean I really don't see the true purpose of it other than being like whoa look at my huge thread.

argue amongst yourselves

edit on 27-9-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

kinda feels like another subtle NAY to me.
I suppose there are a large portion of people who can seem like they're okay with it and then out of the same mouth say it's abnormal and due for extinction.

You can call it whatever suits you. If I don't immediately take up a position of glorious support or devout opposition, you may apply your own customized interpretation and call it by any name you choose.

But I do believe I was quite clear. I do not either support or stand against the homosexual lifestyle. And again, you are free to live as you choose. It's none of my business what you or anyone does behind closed bedroom doors.

If that's not enough, then that's a bummer.

I

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I totally get what you're saying. Which is why I'm doing this thread. Again I say if I started an openly racist thread against black people it would not be tolerated. I get sick of seeing these anti gay threads. man, it just gets on my tits and makes me wanna quit this site cause i start feeling like it's mainly a bunch of bigots around here who happen to be interested in conspiracy. So of all the members who have said in the many other threads on this subject that there are only a few members who have that kind of bigotry about them then prove it. Show in numbers that ATS members are intelligent , rational and above all here for conspiracy and not to bash others who are different.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Live and let live. I hate many homosexuals, and I also have some homosexual friends. The difference is the ones I hate have tried to push their lifestyle onto me, and the ones who are friends have accepted that I am not interested in being gay.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

thanks for adding to my 'Oh so massive' thread. It would never achieve the desired size without posts like yours. thank you thank you thank you. can I get a yay or nay?

edit on 27-9-2010 by number38 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Verbose! totally. you crack me up. go on with your bad self.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
For what it is worth, I am a little homophobic.

While I don't have any issues with gay people, I do have an issue with the openness. Kids cannot enjoy their childhood anymore without the whole sexuality thing being thrust on them at far too early age [and as part of the gay liberation, this has brought some of this to the fore].

Maybe its and age or generation thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join