It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by number38

I am not gonna read the thread. I am just going to give you a response.

Being gay or not being gay represents "what" a person is. In the same way, being black or being blonde, or being fat....these are all "what" people are. It says absolutely nothing about "who" you are. "Who" you are deals with things like honor, integrity, and character.

I don't judge based on "what" someone is. This is unAmerican, and immoral. I focus instead on the "who".

It goes the same for words like "whore". I have heard this term used a lot, and do not find offense with it. But a person is so much more than what they do between their legs. To reduce a person to their sexual actions is ridiculously myopic.

Gay or not, be what you will. Enjoy life, and maintain your honor and integrity. If that isn't enough for someone, then screw them.

I have 2 sons. The oldest is gay. The youngest is not. This is the first time I have stated this openly, because he didn't want to make it public. Now that he is at college, he has become more open. I knew when he was 2 that he would be gay. And I have loved him and been proud of him every day of his life.

Our sex lives should be kept more private, anyway.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by number38
reply to post by Lysergic

thanks for adding to my 'Oh so massive' thread. It would never achieve the desired size without posts like yours. thank you thank you thank you. can I get a yay or nay?

edit on 27-9-2010 by number38 because: spelling

No, but you will reply to this as well?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't care if people are gay, openly or otherwise.

The only complaint I have is that they often have less rights than straight people and that needs changing.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have nothing against gays, bisexuals (that's me), or straights. Here's what it comes down to: do you respect and tolerate people as fellow human beings with their various quirks and eccentricities (like we all have), or are you judgmental and self-righteous about who you're going to be nice to based on whether they like being clean-shaven, or eating pork, or loving the same gender? If the former, congratulations. If the latter, seek help. Seriously. I can even recommend a starting place (paraphrasing from Matthew 7 and Acts 10):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged."
"In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."
"God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean."

Would you want to be oppressed because of the way you are? Of course not. Nobody does. So why do it? You're just inviting scorn now and damnation later. Silly humans...

edit on 9/27/2010 by Thought Provoker because: I neglected to include my answer to the OP's question. Silly me...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Do I have an issue with such people who either choose to be so or who genuinely are like it from birth?.. no

Do I think some gay people go just a little to far and in your face trying to get people to like them and accept them?... yes, and thats what i find off putting and annoying thank you very much. Then again that could just be a personality trait for me.

By that I mean, some seem to take what they are as a license to wear it like a huge badge you HAVE to acknowledge and if you dont and if you have any genuine concern about behavior your labeled as part of the intolerant majority. To a number of gay people , they almost turn what they are into the soul reason they exist... much like those they decry as the intolerant fundies... but then again they are often just the minority in most groups and all segments of society have them ie white supremacists, black power, extreme feminists, Zionists fundamentalist Christians and Islamic etc.

Be whatever you are comfortable with... just dont expect every single person on the planet to accept that. After all im a conspiracy believer, but i dont openly flaunt it unless people ask me, and I don't get offended if people call me nuts afterward :p

edit on 27-9-2010 by BigfootNZ because: No real reason

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don't believe in homosexuality, no. Although I also don't agree with these far right "activists" with they're signs saying that God hates them. Regardless if I believe in the lifestyle they have chosen, there is no justification for bashing. Its contradicting and childish.

-B

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Not being gay I can't comment on something I've not experienced but but as long as all parties are consenting adults their sexual preferences are their own business and that of no one else.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

"you have no problem with it and wonder what everybody gets so upset about?"

Bingo.

I mean, who gives a sh#t honestly. Don't we have bigger problems to deal with than to get all stupid about who people choose to sleep with???

Come on Humanity, grow up.

edit on 27-9-2010 by kommunist because: cause google wrecked my brain

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yay or nay? as in are you opposed to homosexuality or do you have no problem with it and wonder what everybody gets so upset about? So if you are gay obviously you won't have a problem with it unless you're a self-hating gay which would be a very complicated thread. So yay or nay on the issue.

Its as simple as that. I want to find out what the majority of ATS members actually think about this issue. No debate or arguing just a FOR or AGAINST. If you can't decide then keep the maybes to yourself, have a long think and reply later.

thanks to all who contribute.

peace

edit on 27-9-2010 by number38 because: to make it clearer what I'm looking for (hopefully)

I'm a heterosexual and my opinion is that it's none of anyone's business what 2 consenting adults do. It's hard to find happiness in this world and if 2 men or 2 women are able to do that, more power to them.

As far as I'm concerned, homosexuality is only an issue for those mental midgets who are trying to instill their twisted moral beliefs on the world. Those people should shut their mouths, close their doors, pull down their shades and crawl back under the rocks they crawled out from.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Do what you may in the privacy of your home, Not for not against,none of my business!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
Do I have an issue with such people who either choose to be so or who genuinely are like it from birth?.. no

Do I think some gay people go just a little to far and in your face trying to get people to like them and accept them?... yes, and thats what i find off putting and annoying thank you very much. Then again that could just be a personality trait for me.

By that I mean, some seem to take what they are as a license to wear it like a huge badge you HAVE to acknowledge and if you dont and if you have any genuine concern about behavior your labeled as part of the intolerant majority. To a number of gay people , they almost turn what they are into the soul reason they exist... much like those they decry as the intolerant fundies... but then again they are often just the minority in most groups and all segments of society have them ie white supremacists, black power, extreme feminists, Zionists fundamentalist Christians and Islamic etc.

Be whatever you are comfortable with... just dont expect every single person on the planet to accept that. After all im a conspiracy believer, but i dont openly flaunt it unless people ask me, and I don't get offended if people call me nuts afterward :p

edit on 27-9-2010 by BigfootNZ because: No real reason

What you describe is someone trying to make "what" they are, "who" they are. Pride, i suppose.

The same with being blond, and the aryan beliefs. Or being latino, with the "Aztlan" beliefs.

When people over identify what they are with who they are, it tends to create emotionally and mentally unhealthy results.

I find the "flaming" types, who wear buttless chaps down main street, equally offensive to nazi's promoting a white pride agenda.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The issue being the amount of threads started on ATS that continue to be subtle gay bashing. If I started a thread asking whether being black was natural what would the response be? Total anger. I'm sick and tired of seeing so much gay bashing around here. so thats the issue. yay or nay. really simple.

Then obviously the issue is not homesexuals; it's homophobes.

Originally posted by starchild10
I think it's unnatural and perverse. And sorry, being born like that doesn't mean it's not unnatural or wrong.

It's unnatural, despite someone being born with it?
You really deserve something for writing the most ignorant post ever. and here it is. . .

Originally posted by LimbicSystem
Some say they were born gay, but this is impossible because there is no such thing as a sexually active baby.

You cannot define a person by sexual activity in that way.
Does a heterosexual stop being a heterosexual if they stop having sex?
Homosexuality != gay sex.

Some straights try gay sex.
Probably most homosexuals try gay sex.
Some homosexuals never have sex at all.

Homosexuality is an identity, a state of having whatever it is that makes a person feel attracted to their own sex, and that you can be born with.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I believe a great man once condemmed homosexuality but also said "judge not" , hmm so that basically means it is not up to us to accept or condemn a person's sexuality but to worry of our own.... i do believe that homosexuality is a tool to be used in manipulating people's opinions of themselves.... it is a blown out of proportion issue that needs to be understood fast so the human race can move on to that little thing we have forgotten about called..... evolution

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have had many close friends who are gay, both male and female and it doesn't make them any less of a person.

Seriously, anyone who would have an issue with someone based on their sexual preference has some serious issues of their own that they need to sort out.

If your "God" does exist, would it make a difference if he said it was okay?

The purpose of life is to be happy and if that makes them happy they are doing nothing wrong.

I seriously think people who make judgments on things like this based on any religion need to have their damn head examined.

It is absolutely ridiculous and counterproductive to the meaning of life to tell anyone they can't love who they love because "God" said so.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Do I think people should not be allowed to love a same-sex person? No
Do I think Gays should be allowed to Marry gays? Sure, good luck to them that
Do I think gays should be able to adopt? Absolutely not!!!!

So as you see this thread proves there is more to just a pro-gay side of the fence and a anti-gay side of the fence.
It's more complicated than that, and if you disagree then you are of the "If you are not completely with us then you are with them" type people.

Gays made their decision to be gay, not being able to procreate is part of that decision, I am only asking them to be consistent and commit to their decision.
I also believe that kids need both a motherly guide and a fatherly guide.

See I grew up in a rough area in New York, I can tell you that kids having only a mother or only a father really affects them in ways you wouldn't believe. That is very much part of the reason why there's such a high crime rate.
I know, now that I said that people will pull out studies showing otherwise, but gays adopting is still in it's infancy, therefore so are those studies.

edit on 27-9-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Admittedly I am torn about this issue. One thing I am sure of homosexual tendencies are not a choice in the vast majority of cases. That being said, neither is alcoholism, a violent nature, or any number of things that humans struggle with.

I believe that people have the right to live their lives as the choose, we are all blessed with choice when we are born here on Earth. If a man or woman chooses to live that lifestyle that is their business. Yet, they will one day face their Maker and that too will be a personal thing.

Scripture is clear on the gay issue and I see it as a sin and part of fallen man. What I am opposed to is this huge argument about Gay marriage and the way Media and educators are portraying it as an acceptable alternative lifestyle. Civil unions, or giving property rights or palimony rights is fine, but I totally disagree that is or should be considered a marriage. Marriage is ordained of God and is a man and a woman, and that will never change and IMO should not be redefined. I just don't understand how people who believe the scriptures are now vilified as hateful homophobes because they believe in the sanctity of marriage. MY two cents.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Homosexuality will exist whether i yay or nay ...... even in spite of it.

Its none of my business what consenting adults do in the privacy of their homes.

If you would like to take that as a yay ..... then yay it is !

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Nay.
2nd line.
Sry MODS he didn't ask for much else of a response.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wait, there is an issue?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I am hetrosexual says he puffing up his chest but seriously I have many friends both female and male that are Gay.
All that matters really is that we all care for each other regardless of sex so I guess I say Yay to Gay

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join