It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Cool, reminds me of Bill Hicks opinion on Gays in the military!
I'll take it as a Yay!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by number38

Without reading the thread. Your heading is really something to talk about!

My opinion on gay people I have stated here before. Once again, I think gay people flamboyant gays can be very fun and informative people. Most that I have been around have class. In other words they don't openly flaunt their homosexuality in the wrong place.
No one ever needs to tell the gay couple to go get a room. They seem to be very smart
fashion minded to the max people. Everytime I have partied with them( Not alot!) I have had a great time.

I'm not talk'in about me out partying with the gays for a night. No walk on the wild side. Just so we keep that
STRAIGHT!

edit on 27-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Being "against" gays is like being against Tuesdays or snow storms. . . homosexuals - like Tuesdays and snow storms - exist. They display a feature of life on earth that arose naturally. Disagreeing with their existence is like disagreeing with the weather outside. . . both just happen.

link   

Originally posted by number38
Yay or nay? as in are you opposed to homosexuality or do you have no problem with it and wonder what everybody gets so upset about?

Badly worded quetsion. You mean am I in favour of homosexuals having the freedom to live their lives without fear of discrimination from the majority?
Yes.

link   

An open invitation to all ATS members concerning the homosexual issue.

Since when were homosexuals an 'issue'?

IRM

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

reply to post by iamsupermanv2

What is flamed?
Please enlighten this obvious newbie.

Kinda like getting yelled at by everybody...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

I disagree totally. If a large portion of society once again decided to put gay people in prison for being gay then where would i find a snowstorm in prison? It has total relevence and can affect society, need I remind everyone that homosexuality is still a prisonable offence in many countries.

link   
Its too personal of a thing that I can't with a right mind condemn anyone for their choices of what they do behind closed doors.

Straight guys...if you meet a woman thru a gay man....you get more points!!

link   

First of all, let me state for the record that I am not for or against homosexuality. This is still a (mostly) free country and if this form of relationship is what you want, then have at it.

It is after all your life to live.

As for the hows and whys? I believe that most homosexuals are following an inner drive... an instinct in the same way heteros follow their own. In other words, most instances of homosexual tendency are natural to the individual.

But, that now being acknowledged, I think we should also recognize what is most likely an abnormality to the human machine. Sex is a form of reproduction to guarantee the survival of the species. Drives to mate and the emotional ties most often associated with intimacy are all part of the mechanism. Short of that, the separation of the genders has no logic and no apparent reason for being.

Detailing this one step further, if you had two remote, isolated islands with one populated by heterosexual males and females and the other populated by homosexuals, you might check in on them a century later to find that only one still had human habitation.

If homosexuality is natural to the species, and I believe it is, then it is most likely a kind of abnormality or birth defect. Unfortunately though, nature has selected them for ultimate extinction because they are not inclined to mate in a way that reproduces naturally.

Finally, I think that homophobia is just another form of human ignorance... of the same type that produces racism, bigotry and politicians. We do not ridicule the handicapped and disabled so, why should we tolerate it it with homosexuals?

These people are our fellow human beings no matter what their sexual proclivities.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned
Being "against" gays is like being against Tuesdays or snow storms. . . homosexuals - like Tuesdays and snow storms - exist. They display a feature of life on earth that arose naturally. Disagreeing with their existence is like disagreeing with the weather outside. . . both just happen.

I'm not against Gays, I just don't agree with the fact that they have same sex relationships; it's not natural or normal in my opinion.

I don't think the OP ment do people disagree with their existance i.e. them being alive or not, just their sexuality and practices...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Many might argue that in this day and age, homosexuality is more common among men [as opposed to women] than ever before. That, of course, is absolute nonsense. Homosexuality is just afforded more social exposure and is as common now as it ever has been. Human history teaches us this. Human history of homosexuality is also millennia old.

I am rigidly heterosexual, I find women beautiful creatures and am attracted to them through my own instincts as a male. Do I understand the attraction to other men? Not really, because my body's chemicals are not attracted to other males. Do I acknowledge and appreciate another mans attraction to another man? Of course I do and I sincerely have no issue whatsoever with it.

Socially, I can recognise a handsome man and be quite comfortable admitting that they would be physically attractive to a female, but I do not experience that attraction.

Homosexuality is just as Heterosexuality is, it is and it exists. It is therefore a yay.

Cue Haydn_17 with his ridiculous thread that got pulled - and rightly so.

edit on 27-9-2010 by BAZ752 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

The issue being the amount of threads started on ATS that continue to be subtle gay bashing. If I started a thread asking whether being black was natural what would the response be? Total anger. I'm sick and tired of seeing so much gay bashing around here. so thats the issue. yay or nay. really simple.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Good post

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

What about gay people being openly in love and cuddly in the streets (like all straight couples do) with no doors involved?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I have gay friends and see it all the time.
Humans showing love is not anything that bugs me in the least.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

What about gay people being openly in love and cuddly in the streets (like all straight couples do) with no doors involved?

I know that reply wasn't addressed to me but I'd like to answer with my own opinion.

It's not on in my view, I'm not that keen on heterosexual couples being overtly intimate in the street/restaurant/etc but heterosexuality is the norm, homosexuality isn't so therefore I don't like it to be thrust into my face.

Would you find it acceptable if certain members of your community walked around the streets naked???

It's actually against the law, one because it could be deemed offensive and two because the norm is to wear clothes.

edit on 27/9/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There is no 'issue'.

I think that makes my point.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

kinda feels like another subtle NAY to me.
I suppose there are a large portion of people who can seem like they're okay with it and then out of the same mouth say it's abnormal and due for extinction.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

With every conscious effort I'll try not to derrail this thread here, but conversely, how would you feel if you had young children with you and you were near to a man and woman expressing intimacy in more graphic way with each other? Does that not qualify as exactly the same thing? I'm certain I wouldn't be comfortable with it, who would, the same applies both ways.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yay, and next week kids we will vote on our favourite colour too.

Are you for real?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join