It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America should remove "In God we trust" from the money and replace it with:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
In the Federal Reserve we trust

After all, isn't this a more accurate statement? The government trusts in the federal reserve so much that they refuse to even look over the shoulders of the fed for fear it might derail the gods' blessings. To even think of questioning the gods of Mount Olympus may disrupt the entire economic system. So forget God, why not be honest and print "In the federal reserve we trust" on the money?

edit on 26-9-2010 by filosophia because: joey jo jo says hi

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
how about "in guns we trust"

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
But Christians love Guns, Government and God. God makes it all the better.

I can't wait to fall in love with you!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Maybe "in bombs" we trust, or "in black operations" we trust, but guns? America hates to have their citizens armed and ready, plus guns really have nothing to do with the monopoly printing press. That is pulled off through secrecy and veiled threats. A gun shot may cause too much commotion and reveal the man behind the curtain. Edit: unless that gun shot is a high powered rifle from the grassy knoll.

edit on 26-9-2010 by filosophia because: Hey everybody!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
"In GoLd we trust".

Sorry for the one-liner.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Don't worry, it will be removed, it's just a matter of time.
We as a country seem to trust God less and less and considering the state this country is in now is huge indicator of what has happened as a result.

The day we started dissing God was the day this country started going down hill.
Thank you who participated in this.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Lets make the muslims happy and use in Allah we trust. After all we are wanting to win their hearts and minds .

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Really now? I think the complete opposite. You seem to believe the United States is a Christian Nation. Which in fact it is not!
www.infidels.org...
www.salon.com...

Religious conservatives argue the Founding Fathers intended the United States to be a Judeo-Christian country. But President Obama is right when he says it isn't.

www.nobeliefs.com...

But wait what about Islam? Muslims are followers of God. Maybe we can use Islam!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I know the OP is being a bit tongue-in-cheek here, but I'll toss in my two cents on the actual issue as written.

Although I am myself a religious person, I am very much in favor of secular, rationalist government. History teaches that bad things happen when people of any faith start applying religion to government.

Even so, I believe issues such as this are a big waste of time for everyone. Two main reasons:

1) Taking "In God We Trust" off the currency would do nothing to change the underlying issues. It wouldn't make America less religious, or more religious. Nor would it change the economy.It would only give people the "illusion of motion." Too much of politics has become the tired, stale, ineffective shuffling around of symbols.

1) Ultimately, this is more an issue of tradition than a true expression of faith. I like the little scraps and barnacles of 18th- and 19th-century tradition that still cling stubbornly to the national body. Any tradition lost makes me a little sad. Why does everything have to be halogen and plastic? Can't we have a bit of parchment and candlelight left over from the days of yore?

edit on 9/26/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
How about "Whoever has all of our I.O.U's We trust", I mean we are pretty much owned, with the falsehood that the F.R has all the cash. When in fact its just an office where all of the papers are, of the people we owe.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

no and heres why they will put " in our lord obama we trust"

and after all that is a more accurate statement that would fly with the public on america.

me,myself and i it's all about : " in me i trust and get lost"

as of right now me,myself and i trust in gold and silver than this government and its cronies.

edit on 26-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
How about "Whoever has all of our I.O.U's We trust", I mean we are pretty much owned, with the falsehood that the F.R has all the cash. When in fact its just an office where all of the papers are, of the people we owe.

Peace, NRE.

That would be BRIC, and the correct word to use is "BRIC, Trust US"

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Sorry if I sounded like I was targeting the religious aspect of the phrase, I really do mean it, saying in the federal reserve we trust would be more accurate than saying in God we trust, since after all we know it's not God who's controlling the money supply.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I prefer keeping "In God we Trust" on our money, even though I don't believe in a God.

Our culture is generally Christian, this does not mean that we all must be Christian or believe in a God, but rather that our culture is based around our nations traditionally Christian heritage. Look at our federal holiday's, Christmas is a Federal holiday and so is Thanksgiving, which is actually a religious American day. Like it or not our nation is culturally Christian.

But as for a joke, a sick joke, we could always replace it with "In Obama we trust".

edit on 9/26/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The day that people started killing others in the name of God was the day that Christianity started going downhill.

"In irrational fascism, we trust" sounds better.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think, In Satan we trust, sounds so much better than in god we trust.

edit on 26-9-2010 by anti us gov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You can not serve two masters.
2nd so unlike the first.

What is making everyone of you think it has to be in something we trust? Bafoons! all of you . I'm so disappointed.dismayed and in general a bit whiney.

edit on 26-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

In Smith & Wesson I Trust!

Or leave God.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

lol man i was going to put that in there as well but figured it wouldnt fly to well too many bleeding hearts would have taken offense

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
How about "You have the right to remain silent"

It works on so many levels in today's America.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join