It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America should remove "In God we trust" from the money and replace it with:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
lets make it international. "We don't trust US"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"In Tungsten we trust"?

2nd line

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
"In Tungsten we trust"?

2nd line

thanks for the laugh, that's hilarious. How about: "In thermal expansion we trust." A lot of people have a lot of really good ideas for what "our" government really trusts in. Thanks for helping me to laugh through the insanity.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Really now? I think the complete opposite. You seem to believe the United States is a Christian Nation. Which in fact it is not!

The fact is that America was founded as a Christian nation as evidenced by these quotes:
John Adams:
“ The general principles upon which the Fathers achieved independence were the general principals of Christianity… I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.”
-John Adams in a letter written to Abigail on the day the Declaration was approved by Congress

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
-October 11, 1798

Patrick Henry:
“It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.”
-[May 1765 Speech to the House of Burgesses]

John Jay:
“ Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.”
-Source: October 12, 1816. The Correspondence and Public Papers of John Jay, Henry P. Johnston, ed., (New York: Burt Franklin, 1970), Vol. IV, p. 393.

edit on 9/27/2010 by texastig because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

uhmmm -
let's
NOT ...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

America needs to become an Atheist nation. A nation founded on skepticism and reality.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
"Only myself I trust"

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh, c'mon! We all know it'll be "In Hulk Hogan We Trust"! Why? He's the leader of the nWo, duh! Oh, what? Wrong nWo? What are you talking about? That's the only one I know of.

But seriously, why change something that's been there for decades? Doesn't make sense to me. If we fall from tradition, I think the change will ruin us. Why? Simple. Why change what's worked for so many years? Do you know how many bible thumpers you would enrage with that? We're talking possible civil unrest. Some of those people are downright crazy. It'd evolve from them protesting to outright rioting or on the brink of.

If it is to change, then I think it should change to "In Freedom We Trust". Because that's really what this country was founded on. Not religion, or anything else. The freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of press. All freedoms. That's what this country was about at one point in time. What the hell happened?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
According to stats
America is a Christian Nation.
Here are two links
www.adherents.com...

www.statistics.gov.uk...

So if the money should change it can be changed to:

In God We Still Trust

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I respectfully and completely disagree. Thankfully so do millions and millions of others.
We're having enough trouble without completely removing the Creator.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What creator are you talking about? There are numerous of creators out there in religions.
They all blend very well together.
www.usbible.com...
www.livescience.com...

The Bible's similarities with Egyptian, Greek and Babylonian mythology are too close to be a coincidence. The writers weren’t isolated from other cultures and they didn’t get their ideas by sitting on some mountaintop meditating with God; they borrowed ideas from their neighbor's creation myths. The technical term is called called syncretism.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm going with George Carlin on this one, In Joe Pesci we trust.

Lmao....

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Just because there is a large Christian majority does not mean the U.S. is a Christian Nation.

America is not a Christian nation Religious conservatives argue the Founding Fathers intended the United States to be a Judeo-Christian country. But President Obama is right when he says it isn't.

www.salon.com...

Ayn Rand said it best!
listverse.com...

Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
In The Media We Trust

In Disinformation We Trust

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Take it out.
this is a secular nation, not a christian one.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If I could decide what will replace 'In God We Trust', I would choose for 'Carefully, Spent Wisely'.

Because money has power and can be used for good and bad things and sometimes must be wisely used in times of shortage, I thought that the words 'Carefully, Spent Wisely' will give people (and governments) inspiration and second thought when spending their money.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
The Bible's similarities with Egyptian, Greek and Babylonian mythology are too close to be a coincidence. The writers weren’t isolated from other cultures and they didn’t get their ideas by sitting on some mountaintop meditating with God; they borrowed ideas from their neighbor's creation myths. The technical term is called called syncretism.

There is no historical evidence for that.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Yes there is! That's what funny about you people. You can say that I lie and it's not backed up by historical evidence but look there is tons and tons of evidence!
www.nobeliefs.com...

The stories of the Bible evolved slowly over centuries before the existence of orthodox religions. Many belief cults spread stories and myths probably handed down by oral tradition from generation to generation before people wrote them down. Many of the stories originally came from Egyptian and Sumerian cults. All of these early religions practiced polytheism, including the early Hebrews. Some of the oldest records of the stories that later entered the Old Testament came from thousands of small cylinder seals depicting creation stories, excavated from the Mesopotamia period. These early artifacts and artworks (dated as early as 2500 B.C.E.) established the basis for the Garden of Eden stories a least a thousand years before it impacted Hebrew mythology.

www.pocm.info...

You already know Christmas trees and Easter eggs were originally Pagan, and you probably know the seasonal timing of the two holidays is Pagan too. Mildly interesting. Not what you'll find here. What you'll discover at POCM is that ancient cultures around the Mediterranean shared standard ideas about Gods and their powers and place in the universe—and that Christianity simply adopted those ideas and applied them to Jesus. Ancient people knew godmen did miracles. The first Christians thought Jesus was a godman, so they told stories about Jesus doing miracles. They even had Him doing the same miracles as the other godmen.

Now I know what I read is true that all religion is a copy of one another.
listverse.com...

The Epic of Gilgamesh is a the predecessor of Noah's Ark.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The day we started dissing God was the day this country started going down hill.

Yeah, dissing fictional characters always leads the trouble. So does upholding the Constitutional separation of Church and State. If you ask me we need less separation, heck let's just bring on the Christian theocracy and start anti-dissing God. We'll have the Congress sing a hymn before opening session and have people who diss god put in prison, after all we can't have those people leading us downhill.

[/sarcasm]

My actual reaction to your post:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
America is getting farther and farther away from God and today it seems that it's "In my Blackberry I trust" or "In my facebook account I trust."

When it is eventually taken off money, which I think it will be, given the current trends of everthing else, America will be dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join