It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticing things speeding up in the sky?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Don't you think if there was some distortion of time going on, someone would raise their hand and say "Hey guys, we gotta problem here..the stars are moving faster".

Almost everything we do on this planet related to time and it's effect on us.at so many levels. How could this possibly go unnoticed?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I noticed it to about 2 months ago, and im glad im not the only one. I seriously wanted to post a thread about it here, but i assumed everybody would just laugh. Seriously, it's as if i can watch everything moving together now, rather than focusing on one thing at a time comparing it to something else so i can see how far its moving. Now it's just like, very noticable for a lack of a better description.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I have noticed this as well. I do not know what it means. Maybe I am just staring at the stars more often.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

No way! That's exactly how it happened to me too! Word for word, ciggy at night-always look up at the sky-somethings differnt-ends up keeping me outside-compare-use peripherals. Considering i've been going outside everynight now for a good couple of years, i know it's not that "i just haven't really looked at it before". It's all I do at night outside =D.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I can confirm that me and might girlfriend are seeing "them" during our star observing "sessions" as well. whatever those things are they are very fast, sometimes they move so fast that they are *very* hard to find with my 15x70 binoculars after observing with bare sight ( that's how fast they change position in the sky). I managed to get a glimpse at one through the binoculars but I lost it after a bit, was moving fast and I think it was very far, unlike with the planes where I can see their other lights even if they are high above these still look like bright dots.
Upon checking with Stellarium, Starry Nights pro and some satellite tracking websites I can confirm that they are NOT satellites, their paths are totally random and don't conform to known satellite trajectories.
I thought we were the only ones to see them or they were casual things hehe.

*edit* spelling ftl, english is not my main.

edit on 27-9-2010 by malediction because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2010 by malediction because: more spelling ...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
People. We're all getting old. That's all it is. (well, diet, chemicals, and all kind of weird waves moving through our brains probably have an effect too.)

Don't you remember summer holidays as a kid? Our 6 or 7 weeks off school lasted years. Forever almost. As you get older you slow down a bit and things appear faster. When I was about 18 I started to notice this. "Christ, it's Friday again, seemed like the week flew past." Now I'm in my forties I can blink and a month has gone past. "oh! where did that go?"

It's worse than that. Seems like a month ago I was preparing for last Christmas, (still paying for it), now it's speeding up on me again.

It's definitely the way we look at things. Ever watched a kettle boil? That takes hours when you want a cuppa tea. I've just sat down at the PC. Been on for about 15 minutes. Checking clock --- no, it's been two hours already. How did that happen? Time is like that.

When we die and we see our whole lives pass in front of our eyes in just a few seconds, we'll probably realise, in the scheme of things, that's exactly the way it went.

If you see the moon jumping across the sky, you're either falling in and out of sleep or, THAT'S NOT THE MOON!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
time speeding up.
lol how much time is between 1 second and the next
its proven time is effected/travels at different speed near "pyramid" shaped objects
so.. perhaps your inside the "square" window.... turn the lock, open the door. playskool

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If time is created by the magnetic field of the earth (time go's slower when magnetic is stronger) I read an article that if you are higher in the sky time will get faster than when you are on the ground... And the magnetic field of the earth is slowing down so I can imagine that everything is going faster although time is time and a second is a second so.....:-P

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
There is one explanation possible for the phenomenon the op stated: If your speed of processing gets slower, everything seems to happen faster. Even if everything still moved at the same speed (the stars and whatnot in the sky), if your brain has started to deteriorate due to eg. substance abuse or aging, it will seem that things move faster.

The same is true the other way round. If your brain starts to work more effectively and process more information due to eg. ingesting stimulants like amphetamine, time will seem to slow down, and the stars will move about slower.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Time is speeding up because u are more awake and being more awake meens: perceiving less MInd #. Less Mind# means: less impulses per second. And that feels like: time speeds up. Its just "less story" that u perceice How u perceive time is always changing.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I've not notice the heavens moving faster , however I have notice that weeks seem to just fly in right now.
This whole year has just completely passed me by in a flash , it feels as though it was christmas just to minutes ago and now its halloween already .

This year has definitely flew in

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Every time before you answer you disappear for 10 minutes googling.

Another incorrect observation on your part.

If you were to do a case study for each person you would find that most moods can be correlated with the moon.

Really? Show me the studies. Are there any studies or is this just a bluff or wishful thinking on your part?

These are the same excuses that I hear from proponents of astrology.

It reminds me of the pickle claim. Here is how it goes. Pickles control our lives. Everyone is affected by the pickles in the world. Pickle charts are difficult to work out, but are amazingly accurate. The problem is that the exact locations of all pickles needs to be known. Pickle predictions are tailored for the individual, which is why statistical methods do not apply. The accuracy of the pickle charts is only as good as the knowledge of the location of all pickles worldwide. Some people do not practice proper pickle methodologies, which is why scientists do not see the efficacy and accuracy of the method.

As far as the scientists go please tell me one place where they did not rely heavily on the observations of others. Please take your vague claim and make it substantial by pointing to something that these people did that was not being discussed by others at the time.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by malediction

You can't confirm that they are not satellites. All you can confirm is that they are unlikely to be one of the few satellites that has a well published orbit. Satellites are easy to spot on a dark night. Look towards Polaris. Circumpolar satellites go by Polaris. Try to estimate the location of the sun so that you do not look for satellites passing through the Earth's shadow.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashyr

Time is not affected by pyramid shaped objects. The wacky claims of transmutation, razor sharpening, and other claims of the pyramid hoaxers have long since been shown to be false.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pinkeltje

It's not magnetism. It's gravity. An observer in a low gravitational field sees that a clock in a high gravitational field appears to be slower. The observer in the high gravitational field does not notice any slow down.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
lately my wife and eye have said that something just seems odd with the night sky are we moving through a celestial plain of some kind its like the moon seems closer i know thats nuts but it does look different maybe its just us??

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I noticed that as well. I was showing someone the moon through my telescope, where as when I used it 5 years ago, I wouldn't have to adjust it for 30 minutes from elapsed time and moon movement. But now, I was adjusting the same telescope every 2-5 minutes. It was said by Edgar Cayce, I believe, that things will speed up at the end of times. Our universe itself is rotating at 10,000 or more mph. That's fast. Though we may not notice much here on earth (like 24 hour days etc) that may be due to the "natural laws" an illusion or sorts. Sometimes it seems as if whole days are lost anymore!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yes I have and I have came to a few conclusions:
1. these abjects are moving faster
2. we are noticing them moving more due to the Earth moving irregularly, abnormal wobbles in AXIS causing celestial objects to appear to be moving more due to Earth moving more...

My 3 cents

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Time does not exsist from my understanding but i do not understand much of anything these days

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join