It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticing things speeding up in the sky?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

That's nt true. Studies show that there is no more activity during a full moon than at other times of the month. The full moon link appears to be just an urban legend.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

That has nothing to do with the current thread. Apparently the odds are good enough for it to have happened at least once. But in fact, the moon has not always been the same distance from the Earth as it is now. An the Earth to moon distance is getting greater over time and will continue to do so.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Thanks. I was wondering how you were measuring the distance across the sky, because that is not trivial. A moon at the horizon does not change much in compass direction, but a moon away from the horizon changes more in compass. Even though the moon is sweeping out the same arc across the sky in a given time period the projection of the moon onto the horizon, which is what compass direction is, changes.

When we take kids out for star parties and the moon is near a bright star we get the kids to try and count how many moon diameters the moon is from the star. If it is 2 or 3, then it becomes apparent to the kids 2 hours later that the moon has moved since the counts are either larger or smaller.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In the third grade in our area the science class is on basic astronomy. The kids have to watch the moon go through a month of phases. I am amazed at how well the kids understand the concept and can show me with models why the moon looks as it does.

About the only thing simple I was able to show the kids (I'm not the teacher) was that the direction of the moon's travel, CW or CCW, depends on the direction the solar system is viewed.

Other than that the kids have a pretty good idea of what is happening and why.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Huh!??! You will be relieved to hear that the moon was high during my compass wielding event.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
my perception of time is definitely changing for whatever reason.

while I am obviously getting older, and realize as you get older the days seem to go by faster... to me it "feels" like the days are going by MUCH faster - for example, I can remember things I did 2 weeks ago as if I did them yesterday or even sooner - the days all seem to run together any more.

I'd also like to add that if "time" IS going by faster, then everyone's comments about our watches being out of sync, the sun being in weird positions during different times of the day, etc, do not make any sense - this is because everything inside of our current dimension would be moving along at a faster pace - unfortunately this is the only way I can think of how to explain what I'm trying to say... if the frequency of all matter here on the Earth is "vibrating" faster, then EVERYTHING here on Earth would be effected in the SAME way.

How does one prove that the frequency of matter is increasing? You got me - sounds like something the CERN guys would know more about.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

I do not believe anything about "raising our vibrational level to a higher frequency". What we perceive is often wrong. Optical illusions are a great demonstration of the fact that our senses can be tricked.

You are not thinking deeply enough then.

Everything resonates at a vibrational frequency. Metal vibrates at a much lower frequency than human flesh. This is just a glaring example, and not what I mean by raising vibrational level.

When you are feeling depressed and low you vibrate at a lower frequency. When you are feeling high on life and are happy you vibrate at a higher frequency.

When you are afraid you vibrate at a lower frequency. When you are fearless and brave you vibrate at a higher frequency.

Example: The Schumann resonance of the earth. The earth is actually been raising its vibrational state over a number of years. This is not some hippy dippy new age stuff this is fact.

The Schumann resonances (SR) are a set of spectrum peaks in the extremely low frequency (ELF) portion of the Earth's electromagnetic field spectrum. Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances, excited by lightning discharges in the cavity formed by the Earth's surface and the ionosphere.

en.wikipedia.org...

We are as a collective raising our vibrational frequency. Those that are purely materialistic and in control of the world do not want this because then we cannot be controlled any more. They understand this and do NOT want the masses to understand. This is the biggest reason they are creating so much fear and strife in the world at this time so the collective does not get on board during the shift.

Do not buy what they are selling.

edit on 26-9-2010 by LoneGunMan because: I am the king of typos

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

So how did you obtain a result of a variable speed? What sort of variable speed are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

reply to post by playswithmachines

That's nt true. Studies show that there is no more activity during a full moon than at other times of the month. The full moon link appears to be just an urban legend.

The reason for this is that people react differently depending on the phase. This is why studies and statistics fail this event. It depends on the person. Some people get freakier on the new moon while some on the full moon, so the studies wash out.

You have to go by how you feel not by what a study tells you how you should feel.

The human body is anywhere from 55% to 78% water depending on body size. The moon directly effects the tides and water in the body. The body is such a small amount though it is hard to measure with devices. We feel it though. If you are sensitive to when the moon waxes or the moon wanes depends on your individual make up.

Does anyone even try and figure anything out by there individual experience anymore? This is why you are here. Do not mimic critically think and feel with your own unique human experience not what you are told. Do not be a drone be your own leader and feel what this mysterious existence has to reveal to you not what someone without imagination has told you to feel and think.

Otherwise the material existence means nothing if you are not here to learn through your unique experience. I should not have to be explaining any of this. What the heck is happening to some people it seems like so many are becoming just an echo of others.

Be the original voice and not the echo...

P.S. This is why women are on a 28 day menstrual cycle. I was with a women once who she always menstruated on the new moon. In May of 1997 we had two new moons in the same month. She had just finished her cycle and just a few weeks later she was blown away as to why she cycled again already, until I pointed out to her that we are having two new moons in the same month.

Think. Feel. Know.

edit on 26-9-2010 by LoneGunMan because: of spelling and to ad a P.S. :shk:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have also become aware of this recently. I know it does sound crazy because it seems everything is still moving the same according to time. I have been getting my telescope out very often in the last week or so, viewing Jupiter and it does seem that everything space wise is getting harder to follow. Standing out with my neighbor looking at Jupiter the other night was strange. We kept having to readjust the scope every minute or so, I know it was more often then what seemed normal. Also, after looking in the sky for a couple of hours, it seemed like it was all night. My neighbor even asked me what time it was and I said 9:30. He said What? Really? it felt like it was a lot later and I agreed. I really think our vibrations are speeding up and not really time. Maybe there is a vibration for things in space and one for our spiritual selves and they are beginning to vibrate closer to each other. It's just my theory!!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I don't believe human flesh would have a high resonance frequency. It attenuates signals well.

In the case case of the Schumann resonance, the Earth is not doing anything. Your writing suggests that the Earth is doing something. The resonance frequency is a matter of the dimensions of the resonance chamber. The diurnal changes of the chamber are measurable. Sometimes a higher frequency is the resonant frequency; sometimes it's lower. They are still in the ELF range.

I do not see any evidence for a vibrational frequency. There is no evidence of the frequency, nor the notion that there is a frequency that "controls" people.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

This is why studies and statistics fail this event.

Simply not true. Statistics do not represent individuals. They represent populations. The claim was that

Ever notice how the police & hospitals are so busy during a full moon?

That is not true.

You have to go by how you feel not by what a study tells you how you should feel.

That is nonsense. That is why experiments are done. Our feelings on a subject need to be checked and are often wrong.

Attempting to support the urban legend of full moon effects on people by suggesting:
1. People are made of water
2. The effects can be felt, but not measured
3. Connecting a human's menstrual cycle length to the moon's orbit

That's doesn't hold much water.
1. All materials on Earth are affected by the moon. The land exhibits tidal effects as does the water.
2. The moon's tidal effects are measurable.
3. Mammals in general do not have menstrual cycles close to the duration of lunar orbit.

You should know that case studies are not important. There are good reasons for abandoning case studies. You should read about this issue to answer your questions.

To sum up, studies do not show a correlation between crime or hospital incidents and the phases of the moon.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sorry DD, can't say I have as of late, since there's alot of weather manipulation going on in the skies over Oregon these days, 'cept for Fri & Sat of this week. Interesting side-note, I've been feeling like the days are becoming shorter..

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So you think a woman does not change emotionally during her cycle? You think that if the moons influence changes a menstrual cycle it does not change human behavior?

Everyone resonates (now unfortunately I am repeating myself) to the moon phases differently. That is why I brought up the person that menstruated twice in the same month it was not a measure of time it was the effect of the moon.

This is why something like this cannot be measured. Everyone has a different reaction to the different phases each and everyday as the moon shapeshifts across the sky. It all evens out and the only way to understand it is your own individual experience. Now if you did a study on an individual person you would see a correlation with the moon cycle.

Its really simple, you just have to be more aware.

An afterthought:

If we all thought by echoing what others have discovered we would still be in the dark ages. Without unique minds like Einstein, Galileo, Di Vinci and so many others that threw the box out the window we would still be chasing the cheese with our bare hands and teeth.

Think. Feel. Know.

edit on 26-9-2010 by LoneGunMan because: :shk:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I'm talking about major, easily observed variations. Something that can be observed and confirmed with a simple compass and a clock. If I'm out observing the sky and the moon is high and I step inside for what I think is just a moment and then go back out to find that the moon has sunk like a rock and is now no longer visible - I may think that it was my error in not correctly observing the time. If this happens to me several times, I become intrigued and armed with compass and clock begin measuring. I base my initial foray into measuring this on the knowledge that the moon used to move approximately 30 degrees, give or take, every 2 hours. You can really do without the compass entirely, arm yourself with just a clock, landmarks and eyesight and go at it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You are posting straw man arguments.

The moon phases do not influence people. Studies show this does not happen. It is an urban myth.

Your claim that the moon caused 2 menstrual events is completely wrong. All you've stated is that a periodic event possibly less than 30 days in length occurred twice in an interval 30 days in length. On average, not every person, but on average the human menstrual cycle is 28 days. Humans vary from 20 to 35 days. The moon on the other hand has a 29.5 day period. That's the length of time from full moon to full moon.

Now if you did a study on an individual person you would see a correlation with the moon cycle.

You really need to be more aware of the scientific method. You need to understand statistics. You need to learn why case studies are of limited use.

The average menstrual cycle is not the same as the lunar cycle. It is 1.5 days different.

Your after thought shows a lack of understanding of the scientific method. These people you mention did not "throw the box out the window". These people followed up on and solved problems that were already being investigated by others. These people added onto knowledge already observed.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So why have you observed this and not the tens of thousands of amateur astronomers and the hundreds of professional astronomers?

You've made a claim and I think you need to go back and find the error in your work.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stereoologist

I live in a stacked and packed neighborhood. I am the only one ever out there at night observing what there is to see. That's why I'm on ATS - because the OP and other posters are seeing what I'm seeing and talking about something I find intriguing. Really wouldn't have any way of knowing if one or two or a thousand of them are astronomers or amateurs or just marvelling at the signs and wonders like me.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You all are crazy. I go outside every night and sit and watch the night sky. Everything is exactly the same. I was watching Jupiter through binoculars last night. Nothing moved fast at all.

Make a video of the stars moving fast and then we can actually have a real discussion.

edit on 9/26/2010 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Your after thought shows a lack of understanding of the scientific method. These people you mention did not "throw the box out the window". These people followed up on and solved problems that were already being investigated by others. These people added onto knowledge already observed.

Sorry but I do understand the scientific method. You are not understanding what I am telling you.

Every time before you answer you disappear for 10 minutes googling.

If you were to do a case study for each person you would find that most moods can be correlated with the moon. Just because person "A" has a certain mood emotional response during the first quarter and person "B" has a certain mood cycle one day later makes any kind of broad study very hard to do unless you went into a lot of depth.

It is near impossible to get people to chart the way they respond to a situations in correlation to what day of the moon cycle it is. This is why you will find that there is not scientific data to support it. This is why you have to go with what you feel. I understand that you cannot feel it, or see it in your view. You are perceiving the world with just your five senses and your meat computer. You have to reach out and use your "other" sense and with some people after a lifetime of unlearning what you were born with it has atrophied to the point that you cannot fathom something beyond your own perception.

Personally I can feel the moon....I cannot describe it. The day of the week that is the "moonday" is Monday. Every day of the week has a planet associated with it just as each zodiac sign has a planet associated with it.

For me I am a Cancer born on a full moon on a Monday. My sign cancer is called "Moonchild" and I have been in touch with Selene since I was a child.

As for your inability to attempt to read between the lines. When I said those great minds threw the box out the window is very true. They still had a foundation of knowledge but they did not let the "box them in" so the quote of yours above shows that you are not being very flexible everything should not have to be explained word for word what I am telling you. Did you really not realize what I meant when I said they threw the box out the window or are you just trying to mess with me? :shk:

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join