It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticing things speeding up in the sky?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Hello 12voltz and stirling,
I think you are both right. I think people are becoming more aware (enlightened)
so to speak of the cadence of everything

I have also been noticing that I can percive the movement of the trees, plants etc... Of course I live where it looks like something out of National Geographic so the opportunity abounds.

I have also become more aware of sound. I seem to hear things sooner and clearer than others around me.
Things seem louder too.

Perhaps it is all part of the Dawning of the age of Aquarius,The Quicking,2012 and so on.
We may be becoming one with all.

edit on 26-9-2010 by azureskys because: fix a line

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"slow down" may be the correct explanation.
He may be developing the ability to slow down his perception of the transition of the cosmos.
Or just getting on the same sheet of music with it. Be it slower or faster. Matching the tempo.
Evolving

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Its your consciousness speeding up. We are flying into the thick of the storm!

Yeeehhaaaaaa!

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Ah no.

For things around you to speed up, your conscience/mind would slow down.

Basically the opposite to what happens when a person is in danger and time seems to slow down, the brain "speeds up".

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It is our perception that creates this reality.
So if we percieve time to be moving faster, that means it really is moving faster.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'll have to say that I agree with you on this. I too have noticed what you're talking about. I have ruminated about it and thought I'd share a few of my ideas. Please keep an open mind about what I'm about to share, thanks.
Genesis 1:14-19
14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
-So..what I've gleaned from this is that, the sun, moon and stars actively govern the day and the night, the light and the darkness that we see, which has given us our perception of time. Also that they are for signs. I will share some scripture where Jesus talks about the end times. For full contextual reading, please refer to Matthew chapters 24 and 25.
Matthew 24:22
22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Matthew 24:32-33
32Learn a lesson from a fig tree. When its branches sprout and start putting out leaves, you know that summer is near. 33So when you see all these things happening, you will know that the time has almost come.
-One could substitute the fig tree analogy with the speeding up of the stars, as a sign that Jesus shall return soon.
According to scripture, Jesus has said that many people won't be alarmed or very concerned with visual signs in the sky such as the perception of the moon and stars' accelleration, please allow me to share this verse about Jesus' return.
Matthew 24:37-39
37 “When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. 38 In those days before the flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. 39 People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.
-Note: I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking that I consider myself a Christian because I don't. I sin, I am a sinner.
"No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him" (I John 3:6).
At any rate I do believe that we are nearing the end of days and that Jesus will be back soon, this belief is due to the spiritual experiences I've witnessed throughout my life. Everyone else is fully entitled to and responsible for their own beliefs. Thank you for your patience.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TimeRaveler

Your comment makes the most sense to me. Well according to the OP's observation, the earth isn't rotating faster because you say day and night hasn't speeded up. But maybe our perception of time's usual feelof time is speeding up.

edit on 26-9-2010 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2010 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I noticed this the other night as well, and I couldn't believe how fast the moon was moving. I see the moon every night, and I hate to say it but it was like it was on over drive the other night.

The moon wasn't even up when the kids went to bed so I came in and made a pot of coffee for hubby and I, and by the time I got that done and came out the moon was up a good inch over the tree line. When hubby came out for a few minutes we kept watching it, and it was moving faster then normal going up into the sky, so I went in got our coffee, came back out and it was a good 12 inches above the tree line. I am going to say that it moved a good 10 inches in about 15 minutes total. That is much faster then normal. I actually kept track of how much it was moving because of the power lines across the road and I measured it awhile ago and from the treeline to the top of the power line from my view is 16 inches. We could see the power line, through the bottom part of the moon that night during that time, when I came back out with the coffee.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Everything overhead (except satellites) is still moving at about 15º/hr as far as I can tell.

Phage really did already answer this in great detail.

15º/hr

The trouble, Phage, is I don't think the uniqueness of that unit of measure
caught traction with the readers. If I may be allowed to emphasise it a bit more.

The day is shorter than the night, the more we get into winter.
August 25th is when the days really _start_ to speed up.
Night will be much longer. This means in the 180º arc
of the sky will be crossed by the sun, and stars,
faster. So to an observer on earth, yes
the stars seem to move a little
faster than last month.
In July the sun set
at 8:14, sun set
here is 6:55
Oct 1st.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
no speeding up here just the moon lately being almost bright as the sun. the light was so bright that the clouds almost looked cartoonish like. It was at night and it looked freaky.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
no speeding up here just the moon lately being almost bright as the sun. the light was so bright that the clouds almost looked cartoonish like. It was at night and it looked freaky.

Yes, that is called the 'harvest moon.'
A full moon at the end of August.
The farmers would work late
into the night finishing
the harvest.

Its famous through
centuries of Almanacs
as being set in clear skys
and being a very bright light.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
well does not all this kinda relate to relativity...and from the perspective of our viewing platform...I am not sure...but If things are accelerating then it would mean that all things are accelerating in relation to all objects...so if this is the case...then in order for us to notice this change our platform may need to be outside the relative universe as we would still not notice the change that could be taking place... just a thought.

But then it could be the old as you get older bit everything seems to speed up.....cause you know that when your having fun...it never seems to last as long as the misery.

Any wayyyyyyys jjjjjjuuuuuusssssstttttt rrrrrrreeeeeaaaaaadddddd sssssssslllllooooowwwweeeeerrrr

edit on 083030p://f05Sunday by plube because: spilled rong

edit on 083030p://f06Sunday by plube because: my keyboard batteries are low

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
No everything is as it always was the moon is big mighty Jupiter is gracing us with his presence if you are feeling like things are getting faster it is because you are getting older(on ats) or you are living at a higher altitude and even though subtle you may be perceiving the fact that time goes faster the higher you are located (very little research has gone into the last part of this statement) or your brain is ceasing to function at the level it was once able to hence the distortion of time you perceive?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I definitely do notice this. I am outside for a good amount of time every day, relaxing and watching the skies. Airplanes have always looked quite "slow" to me as they flew through the air and they had always seemed to be at the same speed whenever I've seen one. Recently, I've seen some objects travel at least twice the speed..

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Maybe 'cos its getting darker earlier now we feel it is later than it actually is. This may be throwing you off to start with.

Last night when we were leaving a family party it felt really late, but I was surprised to find it was in fact only 8.40pm.

Before the summer holidays we had a similar party with them and we ended up staying later than usual as it was lighter and it felt earlier. Again we were surprised to find it was so late.

edit on 26-9-2010 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
My personal experience is that the perception of time goes slower as you age. An hour experienced at an age of 10 may feel like lasting twice as long as an hour experienced at an age of 40. In our everyday live we do not notice this change, as it goes very gradual. However, we may notice it in less usual situations. The period since the last time you observed a certain phenomena is crucial in being able to notice the difference.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Wow, that would be one hell of a secret that the REAL scientific minds and astrologers of the world would be keeping quiet,...
It is a good thing we have the brilliant watchful minds here on ATS to look for such phenomenon,.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The celestial bodies DO "appear" to speed up at times. I think our respected phage has forgotten or overlooked something here that he could probably explain better.

First, what latitude are you at? On the equator, subtropics, tropics, temperate, subarctic or arctic?

Second, an example to explain the illusion I am hoping phage will explain better. I am in temperate - I spent two Summers on the equator. You know what astonished me most? The sun was at 2 o'clock and then ZOOMED the rest of the way so that dusk fell in an EXTREMELY short amount of time ... compared to what I was used to up North of there.

Third, my spouse is from England, I'm not sure what zone that is, but, it's well North of my latitude. My spouse didn't notice any change when he moved to USA except that the sky was "bigger".

Okay, as for stars, in the past I have noticed stars movement at a VERY perceptible fast-paced speed across the sky ... vs. other times when they seemed to stand still so much that any movement was NOT perceptible. I haven't watched lately. It slowed and sped up in the past, back and forth, relative to the seasons I think according to which way our elliptic was angled.

It's an illusion ... but, explaining it is beyond me. Hopefully phage will explain. Thanks!

edit on 26/9/2010 by Trexter Ziam because: brain fart duh! lats not lons ... knew it, but, typed the other

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by MrRoboto

Same here. And others around me have noticed it well.

I am curious to see how many others have.

I can't begin to explain WHAT it may or may not be, but I know what I am seeing with my eyes, and I don't ever remember seeing this type of change come so quickly, and I have been star-gazing pretty regularly for the past dozen years or so..

Same thing here. There's alot of people where I work and live have commented on the same thing. That time is speeding up.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

If there was any actual speed up we'd all notice that our watches would be quickly out of synch with the world we see. The sun would not be highest at noon. Even the local news would be reporting odd things about sunrises and sunsets. Right now as days are getting shorter in the northern hemisphere we'd expect to see sunrises later than the day before and sunsets earlier than the day before. That is still happening. Were the Earth's rotation changing then this would not be the case.

What we have here is a case of n-rays. Look it up. It is even being suggested that only ATS eyes can see this event happening. That's n-rays - again!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join