It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticing things speeding up in the sky?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I really was not sure where to post this one, as it is bizzare to say the least, but the nearest forum I could think of was this one, due to talk of time and events speeding up nearing 2012 and the galactic equinox.

Lately, as I have been observing the sky, particularly the night time sky, I have been almost STUNNED at which the speed of stars and the moon appear to be moving across the sky---I mean literally in SECONDS I am seeing objects move considerable distances, whereas before this seemed to be a MUCH slower and gradual process.

Is this something to do with the earth's rotational speed, or the way it is currently moving through our galaxy?

Has anyone else seen this occuring in recent times like me? I have been watching the sky for many, many years, and I have never seen things move like this!

Your not nuts regardless of what Phage says (sorry Phage. Gotta go against ya this once).

Over the last 5 years of so, I have been watching the Moon doing some weird things....like traverse 15-20 degrees in about 15 minutes!

I thought i was loosing my mind.

The first time I saw it, we were on the back porch smoking (TOBACCO!) and for some reason I marked the position of the moon in relation to the trees. It moved WAAAAY too far for just 15 minutes. I blew it off thinking I imagined it.

The next night the same thing happened and I had my wife notice the location (without telling her why). It was doing it again.

I've laughed (sort of) and said we were on the "Truman Show".

Finally I just said screw it. It is what it is.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Actually I agree.
I mean the last three weeks have actually been a blur. I remeber exactly what I've done, but it feels like I've done it all in the space of 3 days, not 3 weeks.

Like, tommorow is the 3rd episode of the Inbetweeners, but it doesn't feel like it was 3 weeks ago that I watched the first episode.

It is really weird, but I understand what you mean.

I mean christmas is 3 months away, but I bet on christmas eve I'll be like "What the eff, where'd all that time go?"

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The moon is close to a 1/2 a degree of arc in diameter.

In 24 hours the Earth turns 360. In 24 hours it turns 15 degrees. The moon moves about 30 of its diameters across the night sky in each hour. These is an approximation since everything is in motion.

If someone sees the moon and then goes inside and 2 hours later comes out expect the moon to have moved 60 of its diameters across the night sky.

In addition, the moon orbits the Earth in 28 days. To make the math simple call it 30, then the moon moves 360/30 = 12 degrees against the background stars or 24 of its diameters against the background stars each day. That means it moves 1 of its diameters against the background stars each hour. Since it is 28 and not 30 days the movements are larger than these numbers.

Does the moon move in the night sky? You bet.

Also. Since the moon and sun have very close to the same apparent diameters, the movement of the sun in the day time sky has a similar angular speed.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 547000

How does time "speed up"?

If we note time by the passage of time and it changes, our perception of it would change as well. Wouldn't it?

If we're in a movie and the movie runs faster would we notice any difference? Everything in our "world" would run faster. Wouldn't it?

An hour lasts as long as I remember it lasting and in that hour the stars move about 15º.

You are lost in the world of the mundane my friend.

Time is a perception.

I used to race motorcycles and I have crashed horribly quite a few times. This is what happens. The conscience, not the meat computer will speed up at a near death event. This give you more time to think and react to save yourself. I have been in the middle of a high speed get off and have gone through I don't know how many thought processes and finally just wish I would hit the ground to find out if I survived or not. A split second becomes 10 minutes.

This is what is happening to our human perception. We are in rapid polarization as we raise our vibrational level.

Speaking of me and fast bikes, Here is a video I put together....During the slow-mo section notice the riders reacting faster than the violence of the machine keeping it from losing control.

Cool the engines...

P.S. Unless you experience it its hard to understand the difference between the minds reaction and the conscientiousness reaction. It seems that its almost like a third person point of view. As if the physical body is an Avatar of the soul. First one has to pull his head out of his ego. Nothing like a fast bike to make one feel this.

edit on 26-9-2010 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

What does any of that have to do with sitting quietly and thinking that the moon or stars are moving quickly?

As you say it is perception and not real.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I, too, have noticed the moon moving at variable speeds across the sky. Kept a log for a few days a month or so ago because it was getting to be really noticeable. Always surprising; never as expected; strange days and nights.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

What does any of that have to do with sitting quietly and thinking that the moon or stars are moving quickly?

As you say it is perception and not real.

What is real besides how we perceive? This is how we navigate the material world. If our perception is changing and we are raising our vibrational level to a higher frequency then out mechanical and scientific instruments are going to show the same readings as before but the way we percieve the physical universe can still be different.

Prove to me you are real and we are not all God having a dream.

The concept is beyond words, to explain it is beyond my capability so I gave a real world example of perception.

It really was a simple thing to understand and I am not sure why I had to explain it.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Do you have any figures for this? Did it move against the background stars? How did you take these measurements?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I too have been in experiences that you describe yet I saw no evidence then or later that anything had happened other than I reacted quickly to a situation. Nothing changed other than my focus was directly on a specific issue at hand.

I do not believe anything about "raising our vibrational level to a higher frequency". What we perceive is often wrong. Optical illusions are a great demonstration of the fact that our senses can be tricked.

To think that the moon and stars are moving at variable speeds is also an illusion or misunderstanding of what has happened. People do it all of the time.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Having read these posts i have to conclude that our perception of EVENTS is quickening, and events themselves are quickening. Interesting.
It would seem that our perception is growing, we are becoming 'more aware'?
If i were religious, i would say it's the 'rapture' coming, but i would prefer to think of it as the next step in our evolution, global awareness.
By that i mean we are all becoming more aware of each other, we follow a natural rule of 'do-as-you-would-be-done-by. I don't wish to kill my neighbour, and he doesn't wish to kill me, so why do our leaders say otherwise?
It's time we stopped listening to TPTB and learn to run things ourselves.
Early settlements worked in a similar fashion; find something you are good at, go & do it-help the tribe.
Now i have seen a lot of 'hate' topics the last months, and a few 'racist' ones too. But i quickly discovered that at least 90% of the posters were totally against any propogation of such ideas-so where does this 'hate' come from?. The remaining 10%? Well sod them, i will go with the majority on this one.
Of course there will be disagreements. But we have learned already to talk it out rather than shoot each other (as far as i know it's impossible to kill or maim someone with an e-mail). So we are left only with the power of words. And powerful weapons they are, too

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
May I suggest something? Just an idea - don't torched me for it!

Could this because you are spending more time watching? Almost like a time perceptive thing. A bit like when you watch a movie for the first time, time is perceived to run slowly because it is new and the brain is encoding all that you see. When you watch the movie for the second time, the brain has already seen it, so the brain perceives time to run faster because the memory of the movie is already available.

So, if you are watching the sky a lot more than usual, could the sky appear to be moving quicker?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

For me, i know when it's the end of the month, a full moon, people doing stupid things (especially traffic) Women with PMT, basically, our phsychological balance is in some way disturbed by gravity fluctuations, and the appearance of a big shiny disc in the sky (there may be more than one:lol
so i'm kind of used to it.
Ever notice how the police & hospitals are so busy during a full moon?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Also. Since the moon and sun have very close to the same apparent diameters, the movement of the sun in the day time sky has a similar angular speed.

That in itself is strange , the moon completely covers the sun in an eclipse almost perfectly , what are the odds of that happening naturally I wonder.....

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I took the measurements by going outside an hour and a half later and noting that the moon was still in the same place, lol. Seriously and additionally, I used a compass (about the size of 4 postage stamps.) Since I do this for my own amusement I don't generally keep my logs after verifying for myself that my perceptions are not errant. Didn't notice the background of stars in this exercise - I live in a 24 hour city and the stars here are never much to write home about.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Yes, I have noticed the full moon antics in many different ways until recently. There is a change, subtle, but if you had an opportunity to observe the last full moon (on the 22nd for the U.S.) and its' relationship to the sun near sunset there might be an explanation. It seemed off to me in some way and the hysteria that usually accompanies this time wasn't there.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
OP i noticed this yesterday aswell.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The full moon is rising in the east when the sun is setting in the west. That is why it is full.

edit on 9/26/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It is your own vibrational field speeding up. Scientists will tell you it is just chemicals or psychology in your brain which is only half of the answer. Kinda like how they try to explain the Phenomena of Dejavu, 11:11 etc.

I have seen this sort of thing not only in the skies but all around. Totally normal

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

On the 22nd at 37 degrees N. lattitude and 116 degrees W. longitude, the full moon was, give or take, 8 to 12 degrees above the horizon as the sun was setting. Maybe that's what was seeming off to me...don't know. Anyway, deja vu.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nope, not that i've notice.

I often sit in my garden watching the stars past by but it takes hours not seconds.

Peace.
ALS

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join