It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contractor Deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan Outnumber Service Member Deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Contractor Deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan Outnumber Service Member Deaths

[url=http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/23/contractor-deaths-in-iraq-and-afghanistan-outnumber-service-member-deaths/]atwar.blogs.nytimes.com[/url ]

More private military contractors than uniformed service members were killed while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan between January and June of this year, marking the first time that corporations have lost more personnel on America’s battlefields than the United States military, according to ProPublica
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Interesting findings, this is what they don't tell us, that even though Iraq military combat operation has finished, an unknown number of mercenaries are still present in Iraq.

Not to mention in Afghanistan.

We still don't know the true numbers of the Western forces in both countries, it is clearly hidden from us, unless someone can bring it forward, that would be appreciated.

So taking the above source in to consideration, how many Americans have truly died in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Do we double the numbers? Then add it together to give us a more credible number?

I don't know

Though

oz

[url=http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/23/contractor-deaths-in-iraq-and-afghanistan-outnumber-service-member-deaths/]atwar.blogs.nytimes.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-9-2010 by oozyism because: trying to fix link.. fail lol

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It says contractors, that doesn't mean all mercenaries.

Pipe line workers, engineers, truck drivers, construction workers, asbestos abatement crews are all contractors.

I get the point though lots of American deaths.

Ahhh ok now he link works, sorry (PMC) got it, retract your point made more clear to a slow internet user.

edit on 23-9-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
They won't say because I bet if you add up the contractors the number of deaths would be in the tens of thousands.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Thanks for your thoughts, here is an interesting comment:

Now, in Afghanistan, we have over 120,000 soldiers and an unknown number of mercenaries. Some say there are more mercenaries than there are military. We are leaving over 50,000 military personnel and an unknown number of mercenaries in Iraq.

www.seguingazette.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
They won't say because I bet if you add up the contractors the number of deaths would be in the tens of thousands.

Could be true.

I suspect this is a psychological factor, to keep the morals of the American people high, so that they continue supporting these wars, and continue sending their kids

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I read in an earlier post last week
that there were

50,000 US Troops
96,000 Contractors or Mercs

in Iraq at the time of last US combat troop withdrawal

those numbers do NOT include Afgh !!!

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Do you think this will make it to MSM?

Or has it already made it? Haven't watched News for a while, at least the American reporters from the mainstream networks. I rather watch Family Guy ^^

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Stop invading countries and slaughtering people for american corporate greed.. Then wouldnt have to worry about it...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Stop invading countries and slaughtering people for american corporate greed.. Then wouldnt have to worry about it...

Agreed

January 9, 2010

Pakistan’s government reported US drones killed only civilians in 39 of 44 attacks on their country in 2009; with over 700 innocent civilians killed, according to Pakistan's most widely-read English newspaper. Pakistan has repeatedly publicly denounced the US attacks, making the US guilty of War Crimes as they do not have explicit permission from Pakistan’s government.

uruknet.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Civilian Afghani deaths outnumber US military, and contractors, combined...But not many take note of that fact, just like the one million Iraqi civilians killed are rarely mentioned either...

new topics

top topics

join