It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pledge to America" Unveiled by Republicans (Full Text)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So you see.....just another round. They should call it ....Masturbating America...again. Here america youre all pissed off and up tight...let us give you a good hand job....work off some of that tension.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
READ MY LIPS... Oh wait, can I use this phrase? Which REPUBLICAN said that before a ROYAL SCREWING TO US??????? OH WAIT, now I remember!!

READ MY LIPS: if anyone trusts a SINGLE word from a republican about making POSITIVE changes involving the economy, they must be blind and deaf with NO memory of anything in their lifetimes.

READ MY LIPS: The republicans NEVER solve anything other than that for the WEALTHY folks.

READ MY LIPS: if you are NOT WEALTHY, a republican will SCREW YOU , YOUR FAMILY, YOUR JOB, YOUR NEST EGG, YOUR RETIREMENT, and many more things.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a well written piece whose well writteness is about all that will be "standing" months from now...........

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Been reading a little.

Tell me folks, does some of the language in the preamble remind you of something that came out this spring?

We pledge to honor the Constitution as constructed by its framers and honor the original intent of those precepts that have been consistently ignored – particularly the Tenth Amendment, which grants that all powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Original Intent, notice that wording. Also the reiteration of the power of the states and the people.

The American people do not accept these counsels of timidity, failure, and despair. In town halls and on public squares, in every corner of this country, people have gathered and spoken out – in small groups and larger crowds, through phone calls and in letters, through websites and new technologies. Though these petitions come from different walks, their message is uniform: Washington has not been listening.

Do you think maybe some of the letters presented to the governors and other components of government have been heard?

How about the Constitutional Congress of 2009?

Our plan puts forth a new governing agenda that reflects the priorities of the American people – priorities that have been ignored, even mocked by the powers-that-be in Washington.

Uh oh, they are starting to sound like a member of ATS. TPTB?

Since January 2009, President Obama and Congressional Democrats have enacted $680 billion in gross tax increases, $316 billion of which are tax hikes that hurt the middle class families President Obama said would not see a tax increase.

So, what happened to that promise?

“A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.” – Thomas Jefferson

Quoting TJ. Who do these people think they are? Me?

There is literally no aspect of our economy or our society that the federal government doesn’t tax, regulate or subsidize, and often it does all three at the same time. The most recent edition of the Catalogue of Federal Domestic Assistance listed 2,050 different assistance programs available to states, local governments, for-profit and non-profit organizations, groups, and individuals. Taxpayers are literally funding programs from cradle to grave:

Yep, gotta keep those crony enterprises running the feds always say.

• Through July 31, 2010, 3,833 pages of federal regulations have been issued regarding the new law.
• Roughly 16,500 IRS auditors, agents, and other employees may be needed to collect the hundreds of billions of dollars in new taxes levied on the American people by the new health care law.
• The new health care law includes $569.2 billion in tax increases – including taxes that will directly increase the cost of health care goods and services – and $528.5 billion in Medicare cuts, which will be used to create new programs not related to seniors.
• The new health care law provides for the creation of more than 160 boards, bureaus, and commissions. Republicans on the Joint Economic Committee have released a chart detailing this maze of busybodies and bureaucracies:

For those members here that broke down the health care BILLS, you guys could of told them all this stuff last year. Keep up the good work.

• When the House was poised to consider legislation to impose a “cap-and-trade” national energy tax, a 300-page “manager’s amendment” rewriting key provisions of the bill without a separate vote was dropped in the laps of lawmakers at 3:00 am. The House began debate on the bill just a few hours later.
• For the first time in modern history, the House failed to pass or even debate a budget, allowing spending to continue to grow at a breathtaking rate without any blueprint for making fiscal decisions.

Attempted to sneak through the Cap and Tax, now uses the EPA to get it through.

Who needs a budget? Just let the printing presses go. We all know the end justifies the means in their minds. Hmmm, wonder if the bankruptcy and theft was planned? If you know me, you know my opinion.

TAdvance Legislative Issues One at a Time: We will end the practice of packaging unpopular bills with “must-pass” legislation to circumvent the will of the American people. Instead, we will advance major legislation one issue at a time.

Wow, imagine that, passing a bill without riders. Let us see how anyone can sneak an amnesty bill into a defense budget bill then?

Establish Operational Control of the Border: We must take action to secure our borders, and that action starts with enforcing our laws. We will ensure that the Border Patrol has the tools and authorities to establish operational control at the border and prohibit the Secretaries of the Interior and Agriculture from interfering with Border Patrol enforcement activities on federal lands.

We'll see on this one, where is Colen Powell going to get his workers?

Just a few thoughts as I read through the first time. There is a couple things I would call them out on. I am sure we can have those on the left membership to point them out. I am sure they will be here pointing everyone out on other threads soon enough.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
So you see.....just another round. They should call it ....Masturbating America...again. Here america youre all pissed off and up tight...let us give you a good hand job....work off some of that tension.

Don't let Christine O'Donnell hear you say that.

Second masturbatory line.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

im sorry but i gotta comment on what odonnel said. she right it is a sin

its a sin for no other reason its so much better when you have someone else to do it for you or better yet do the deed.

and only the left would have a problem with that i thought you people were so smart

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What is this? A rehashing of the "Contract on with America"?

Let's read this thing and see what it ACTUALLY says:

Jobs:

- Stop job-killing tax hikes

As everyone knows the GOP is the best at killing jobs, we don't need no stinking tax hikes to kill jobs!

- Allow small businesses to take a tax deduction equal to 20 percent of their income

Because people that already make money, should make more of it. (amazingly this approach doesn't actually create any jobs at all)

- Require congressional approval for any new federal regulation that would add to the deficit

Again, not creating jobs here either.

- Repeal small business mandates in the new health care law.

Because workers shouldn't have health care coverage. God forbid!

Cutting Spending:

- Repeal and Replace health care

Because insurance companies profits may suffer if they are forced to actually insure people.

- Roll back non-discretionary spending to 2008 levels before TARP and stimulus (will save $100 billion in first year alone)

Didn't Bush and the GOP force through TARP? Oh that's right, they did. (sorry fans of revisionist history)

- Establish strict budget caps to limit federal spending going forward

Till the next war of course.

- Cancel all future TARP payments and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

(psst, you mean you don't want these companies that we have given tons of tax payer money to, to pay us back? Isn't that fiscally irresponsible?)

Reforming Congress:

- Will require that every bill have a citation of constitutional authority

"According to the Constitution, we can do this"

- Give members at least 3 days to read bills before a vote

Can Republicans read? I thought that's what they have staff for? Republicans just bitch how thick a bill is.

Defense:

- Provide resources to troops

Spend money

- Fund missile defense

Spend money

- Enforce sanctions in Iran

Start a war with Iran, spend money

So, let me see, the gist of this plan is to screw the American worker as much as possible, while at the same time start a war in Iran and give more money to the defense department. While simultaneously not getting back any of the (Paulson and George W Bush's) TARP money from companies that received it.

Good plan GOP

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

as everyone knows the democrats ARE best at killing jobs by tax hikes,by over regulation by over unionizations

because more people make money the left thinks they dont deserve the right to keep what they earn ( and amazingly enough this neither creates jobs in fact it bankrupts those who provide jobs)

paying people not to work isnt creating jobs either man its not and if your getting paid by taxes your not paying into taxes.

healthcare mandates that will raise rates on every who are barely making will bankrupt them thats clearly obvious as well

for decades in this country every single american has had the opportunity for insurance every single job i have ever had in my life has had it and it didnt they always always had the option to buy it for themselves without being fined.

you cant spend money you dont have unless your the feds and you keep borrowing it and printing it

establish budgets caps to limit social entitlement programs that clearly are not working

fanny and freddy clearly need to be unwound only a lunatic would keep that much risk under neath one or two roofs and that clearly clearly led to the place this country is currently at

yeah republicans actually think its a good idea to read a bill they pass thats not a bad idea.

start classwarfare and its continuations and the non stop looting of the people that pay them loan them money and make all the things they need in life because without them man you would be living in a cave playing with sticks with no internet and no computer so you can come here and hate on those evil right wingers.

good plans what

edit on 22-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Beware of this, Tea Partiers. Try to read it out loud. Notice how awkward and complicated the language is? That's a sure sign that it's written in legalese, by people with no real passion for what they are saying. The GOP's old corporatist leadership is trying to pull the wool over your eyes and make it seem like they actually care about you. Don't be fooled! America needs you to continue fighting the good fight!

*I disagree with and criticize the Tea Party, but I would rather have it as a third American party than have no viable third party at all*

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Wow, I would dissect your comment but why bother? Right?

War mongers. Who is running the wars now?

Who holds the purse strings in federal government? Oh yeah, that would be congress. Now who has been in control of congress since 06?

That should be enough for you to get your panties into a bunch.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I want them to pass two amendments:

1. Balanced Budget Amendment with absolutely nothing off-budget and which bans earmark spending and add-ons that are not directly related to the issue covered in the bill.

It is the only way to reign in Congressional spending sprees on both sides.

2. Amend the 14th amendment with a law that gives citizenship by birth only to an infant born of at least one proven natural-born or naturalized US citizen. Newborns of guest workers, student, travel, or work visa holders, and illegals have the same status as the mother.

That will remove the anchor baby incentive.

If Congress and the Senate can pass both amendments in the next year, they can be on the Nov. 2012 Ballots in all fifty states for a yes or no vote.

My bet is that both amendments would pass in every state if they can get it on the ballots.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Whatever it is I don't believe them. After hijacking the TPM and twisting the agenda to some war-mongering bible-thumping type of movement, they get no come-to-jesus moment.

Just read the highlights and wow this isn't ground-breaking stuff. Funding missile defense shields in foreign countries sounds like they haven't learned a thing.

edit on 22-9-2010 by ExPostFacto because: Read the Highlights

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

- Will require that every bill have a citation of constitutional authority

"According to the Constitution, we can do this"

I agree. This bill is actually denied by congress every year. One of the congressmen I believe a Democrat introduces a bill every year requiring that every bill passed contain a citation of of what portion of the Constitution the bill has authority for. Every year both Dem's and Rep's deny it access for a vote. Now all of a sudden they think it's a great idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Right by what account? Can you show me in the Bible where it specifically says don't masturbate? Because her "masturbation = adultery" logic is pretty flimsy.

and only the left would have a problem with that i thought you people were so smart

Assuming I'm on the left because I disagree with Christine or because I enjoy giving the purple helmeted warrior marching orders on occasion is more indicative of your mentality than mine. It's lazy reasoning. Rather than ask questions, you attack and it gives the impression that you don't really care about hearing or learning more about anyone's position but your own. From someone who recently started a thread about how the right is constantly vilified and attacked on ATS, you do quite a bit of attacking and vilifying yourself.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

Originally posted by neo96

Right by what account? Can you show me in the Bible where it specifically says don't masturbate? Because her "masturbation = adultery" logic is pretty flimsy.

Assuming I'm on the left because I disagree with Christine or because I enjoy giving the purple helmeted warrior marching orders on occasion is more indicative of your mentality than mine. It's lazy reasoning.

Back in the day there was a school of thinking in the same circles that masturbation was a form of homosexuality. Sort of like pot leads to crack idea. But even this idea sent the hair up on the back of the neck of the general anti-masturbation types. Some were even teaching that masturbation was better than full blown sex if it dampened the urge to merge. All these ideas have some bit of logic but what is really crazy are the types that try to inforce these masurbation policies. I suppose that masturbation should get at least a footnote in the comming of age manuals for youth but this "are you now or have you ever been a masturbater" thing is strange. When we consider that Christ said that if a man even thinks about something in his heart, like looking at another mans wife and thinking about it, its a good as the deed, then its all a problem of the inward man that needs to be delt with. Putting a cap on this or failing to see the range of it most often leads people to believe they can escape the reallity of the heart by not doing the deed which is false.

As far as this new contract with america I used the masturbation thing to show the cheepness of all these promises when they are being sold as good intentions. You know even if we dont get around to really doing what we said just you knowing that the heart was in the right place and we tried to do the right thing. So it will end up being at that rate a cheep handjob rather than a really good lock up. Like someone that gets you all worked up but doesnt really want to go the whole way but has to do something. And the analogy is timely in light of recent revelations and the really really sceptic and impatient nature of americans these days and rightfully so. The recent off the charts buying of guns and ammo was a Freudian proclamation toward these crummy hand jobs and the warning that we will masturbate ourselves if some real action is not forthcomming.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why anybody would even consider voting for a Republican is beyond me. They had their policies and philosophies put into place and practice for the first 8 years of this century and now the entire world is suffering because of it. The GOP stands for corporate America. They don't care about the people, the constitution, freedom, any of that. If you believe that they do, you are a complete fool. (ok, Ron Paul cares about the constitution, that's the only exception I can think of.)

It is a sign of the sad decline of Amerca that a party that nominates the likes of Sharon Angle and Christine O'Donnell has a good shot at controlling the legislative branch of government.

The rebublicans, with the help from a lot of democrats, have let corporations gut the greatness out of America.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Washington post summed up the concerns that many on the left and even some on the right are expressing with this "plan"..

when you get past the adjectives and soaring language, the talk of inalienable rights and constitutional guarantees, you're left with a set of hard promises that will increase the deficit by trillions of dollars, take health-care insurance away from tens of millions of people, create a level of policy uncertainty businesses have never previously known, and suck demand out of an economy that's already got too little of it.

What, exactly, does the Republican Party believe?

The document speaks constantly and eloquently of the dangers of debt -- but offers a raft of proposals that would sharply increase it.

It says, in one paragraph, that the Republican Party will commit itself to "greater liberty" and then, in the next, that it will protect "traditional marriage."

It says that "small business must have certainty that the rules won't change every few months" and then promises to change all the rules that the Obama administration has passed in recent months.

It is a document with a clear theory of what has gone wrong -- debt, policy uncertainty, and too much government -- and a solid promise to make most of it worse.

Take the deficit. Perhaps the two most consequential policies in the proposal are the full extension of the Bush tax cuts and the full repeal of the health-care law.

The first would increase the deficit by more than $4 trillion over the next 10 years, and many trillions of dollars more after that. The second would increase the deficit by more than $100 billion over the next 10 years, and many trillions of dollars more after that.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

This is rather quite articulate, intelligent and informative for the voter. Reminds me of what the Conservative Party, in the United Kingdom, did during the general election. But, I think it reflects what is now occurring in politics in the Western World.

Big government and the notion of a "all seeing and doing state" is dead.

Citizens in the United Kingdom and America want a political class that doesn't run the legislative branch like a private club. In fact, what the Tea Party shows, people not only wanted true representative government - but we wish to partake in it too. True liberal democracy (and I'm referring to classic liberalism - not the social type)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So to cut through it all and expose it for what it truly is, here's the real GOP Pledge to America:

-To lower taxes for the rich

-To cut spending on all programs that help the poor and middle class

-To end any program that helps you buy a house, a car, pay for college, save for retirement

-To cut Social Security and Medicare

-To repeal all those horrible Health Care Reform benefits such as no pre-existing condition exclusions; no lifetime caps; coverage for kids up to 26; and affordable coverage for everyone

-To eliminate those "unconstitutional" unemployment benefits

-To permanently freeze the minimum wage

-To let corporate special interests and lobbyists set policy

-To cancel aid and tax breaks for small business

-To waste trillions on unnecessary defense spending

-To let Wall Street run wild and reckless with the same sort of high-risk investment schemes that brought about the financial crisis of 2008

-To let corporations influence elections without any transparency whatsoever

-To let right-wing religious extremists run the country

-To ban gay marriage

-To ban abortion

-To mock scientific reasoning

-To eliminate funding for environmental/clean air/climate control initiatives

-To cut funding for sex-education programs

-To "take America back" to the days when blacks, Hispanics and Muslims were discriminated against and deprived of their basic civil rights and liberties

-To fear-monger and further turn Americans against Islam

-To demonize and attack as "hating America" anyone who disagrees with us

-To obstruct government and reject every single initiative of the Obama administration

There's your choice America: this, or the Democrats.

I think that sums it up pretty well. All they really want to do is return America back to the days and policy of the Bush Administration. It is all BS. Make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

edit on 23-9-2010 by frimilden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

*I disagree with and criticize the Tea Party, but I would rather have it as a third American party than have no viable third party at all*

The TPM is just the GOP dressed up to be able to sling racial slurs so it dosen't blow back on the real GOP and make them look bad. It only looks like a 3rd party. follow the money....it didn't come from the grass roots. Look behind the curtain and I'll bet you see Cheney, Newt, Rove laughing thier ass off at the rubes that bought into it.

I've been to a number of TPM conclaves covering their meetings for my public access channel. Pretty sad actually, just a bunch of pissedoff old white men drinking coffee and raggin on Obama.

tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com...

www.sourcewatch.org...

www.npr.org...

I would love to see a real TPM or other viable 3rd party. This one ain't it!

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig!!

edit on 23-9-2010 by whaaa because: who wants nuts?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join