It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emanuel may leave White House in October, sources say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Emanuel may leave White House in October, sources say

edition.cnn.com

Washington (CNN) -- There is now a good chance that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel will step down from his post as early as October to focus on running for mayor of Chicago, according to two people close to Emanuel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Another one bites the Dust!!

I like what one of the comments in the article says.

"Rats Jumping Ship"

How many have left this administration now? Seems as though they have done their dirty work, funneled "Stimulus money" into their bankers friends hands and are now leaving? Think they are getting a cut when they leave? I know I am not seeing a cut of that stimulus....

Also he is running for Mayor? If he leaves office that most likely means he knows he is going to get the position in Chicago. I feel sorry for my chi-towners!!!

-Kdial1

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

I think ur counting ur chickens before they hatch.
He's not jumping ship .....
he's just transferring to another ship.
Namely based in Chicago.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
List of Administration officials that have resigned:

Phil Carter
Obama's top detainee affairs policy appointee at the Pentagon, Phil Carter, quit his post after just seven months on the job, in a surprise move that he described as personal.

Greg Craig
Top White House lawyer Greg Craig resigned after President Obama turned against him on releasing detainee torture photos, closing Guantanamo and ending extrajudicial military commissions.

Matthew Hoh
Foreign Service officer Matthew Hoh resigned over views about the war in Afghanistan.

Anita Dunn
Anita Dunn, Obama's second communications director, resigned after taking the job on an interim basis.

Ellen Moran
Ellen Moran, Obama's first communications director, stepped down to be chief of staff to Commerce Secretary Gary Locke.

Yosi Sergant
Yosi Sergant stepped down as director of communications at the National Endowment for the Arts after being targeted by Glenn Beck. He remains with the agency but in a different position.

Melissa Hathaway
Obama's cybersecurity czar, Melissa Hathaway, stepped down, citing "personal reasons."

Susan Crawford
Susan Crawford, Obama's technology policy adviser,resigned to go back to working at the University of Michigan Law School.

Steve Rattner
Steve Rattner stepped down as "car czar", overseeing President Obama’s auto task force, as an investigation into his former Wall Street firm’s role in a pension scandal intensified.

Van Jones
Obama's green jobs czar, Van Jones, resigned after attacks from Glenn Beck and the revelation that he once signed a 9/11 conspiracy petition.

Peter Orszag
Peter Orszag, Director of the Office of Budget management.

Dennis Blair
Retired Admiral Dennis Blair as Director of National Intelligence

S. Elizabeth Birnbaum
Director of the Minerals Management Service, resigned after BP oil spill

Christina Romer
Chair of Obama's Council of Economic Advisers

This is a short list, want me to continue? I think you get the point, why are they all resigning?

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by kdial1

I think ur counting ur chickens before they hatch.
He's not jumping ship .....
he's just transferring to another ship.
Namely based in Chicago.

Except now he knows this ship he is jumping to is a bigger ship: Mayor = No term limits. There is money to be made in Chicago!

Chicago have fun with your new Mayor!

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This seems huge! Isn't Emmanuel the puppeteer? It has looked that way to me, anyway. Now even the puppetmaster wants out of the theater?

You can not tell me WH Chief of Staff is less important than Mayor of Chitown, or is it?

And was not Emmanuel Obama's BFF?

For me, what comes to mind is an all out collapse on the horizon that some are in the know of, and are retreating from. Don't have a clue how the collapse will go down, or what will be the trigger, but gut tells me the initial will be economic followed by physical phenomenom derailing our world.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This needs to be investigated.
I heard a caller from Chicago once mention on a radio talk show that Emmanual SOLD his Chicago home when he left for Washington.
If that's the case then technically he can't run for Mayor since he hasn't been a citizen for at least a year.

He should've rented it out instead.

edit on 22-9-2010 by Alxandro because: omitted word - hate when do dat

new topics

top topics

join