It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of why sports are so important ( it has to do with sex)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Huh?

I play and follow sports because I enjoy them.

Playing has many benefits, like getting fit and it also gives me a good social life. In no way would I attribute the sport I play, to sex (Australian rules football, not that you americans know what it is, lol).

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Like Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Huge American Football fan. It is like chess, or war. It is a ballet of power and finesses.

By the way, if anyone wants a flag made of whatever, I found a new .psd that creates a flag with any flat picture. If you want me to create one like what is in my signature, just send me a u2u with the picture location.

The size should be 412 wide x 217 tall. Or approximately those dimensions. I can modify the picture if it is close to that dimension. The website here has the .psd and the instruction if you want the ability to do it yourself-www.nomadthepirate.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Any Rugby fans here ............ ???????

You may enjoy this .

Dead Cat Bounce - Rugby

I know your angry and i know your ashamed
I`m kinda feeling the same
But we can hide our love if we pretend its a game
And give it a secret name
Lets call it Rugby .....

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oz, who is your team? Want a flag?

I watch rugby when I get a chance, they do not televise it here though unless it is in the playoffs or finals and such.

BUT, if they played American football without pads and helmets, they would be carting people to the hospital left and right.

Want to see something really bad- I watched this live.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

This isn't a conspiracy, just an unfounded theory. And not everything in the world is a conspiracy. Jesus, you people needd to relax. People pay to watch athletes the same reason they pay for a painting or a musician. They pay for the athletes talents. If you don't like sports, you just don't like sports. Also, if you try hard enough, you can find sex in just about anything. So, yes, this is stupid.

Aliens are also just an unfounded theory, o wise one. So all of ATS is stupid then according to your logic for having a forum for aliens.
Jesus, you need to get off of your highhorse, person.
Thank you for your extremely limited in scope reply.

Let me help you by giving you a definition:
con·spir·a·cy   /kənˈspɪrəsi/
[kuhn-spir-uh-see]

–noun, plural -cies.
1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

I don't see any of these things in your OP. And aliens can't be a conspiracy. If the government is covering up their knowledge of aliens or something like that, that is a conspiracy. You see what I'm saying here? So yes, any post saying aliens is a conspiracy is stupid.

Look here , dude:

"A conspiracy theory is a theory that defies common historical or current understanding of events, under the claim that those events are the result of manipulations by two or more individuals or various secretive powers or conspiracies." www.wordiq.com...

It's not just what you have listed. My theory defies common historical or current understanding of events under the claim that those events are the result of manipulations by our own psyches.

So, thank you for your condescension and limited scope of vision.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Hmm yes.. Like the hundred meters where the objective is to finish as quickly as possible.. I think you might be on to something here

That's a good one. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth

With that kind of thinking, anything can be seen as sexual. Trust me.

I see what you mean. But this is blatant, and goes across the board with each and every sport. It's so obvious , I mean.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

Your dead right.

You have stumbled onto the "Carry on film" equation that states that every single human action in the world can have a sexual innuendo attached to it.

Those guys are brilliant. Thanks for that, Dave.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
I have no interest in sports and so I'd rather skip all this symbolic, sublimated poppycock and jump straight to sex. There's no need to circumlocute around the shrubbery; just dive right in.

Nice, EU. Thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Nice, EU. Thanks for that.

The way I read the tone in that reply indicates why sports are important. I see it's 1850 and Queen Victoria is calling. Let us supress frank statements and sublimate the thoughts on the matter into, well, sports!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny
I think that pretty much anything can be made to have sexual connotations.

I'm doing laundry. Mmm yeah laundry...opening up that washer...it's gushing wet...throwing a downey ball in it....drying some clothes... I open up that hole and stick the laundry in...ooh it's so hot in there.

I'm sharpening a pencil. Oooh this pencil is too stubby, better make it grow....I'll stick it in the pencil sharpener hole...I'll put it in and pull it out...oh the point's getting harder now...in and out in and out.

Anyways, I have some laundry to do and some pencils that need sharpening.....::shifty eyes::

edit on 20-9-2010 by MeSoCorny because: going for the climax

Indeed, Corny, anything can be made to sound sexual. But this isn't about speech or anything to do with language. It's the language of action, it's the movements involved in sport and the drives that are underlying...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

This isn't a conspiracy, just an unfounded theory. And not everything in the world is a conspiracy. Jesus, you people needd to relax. People pay to watch athletes the same reason they pay for a painting or a musician. They pay for the athletes talents. If you don't like sports, you just don't like sports. Also, if you try hard enough, you can find sex in just about anything. So, yes, this is stupid.

And here is more " Colloquially, a conspiracy theory is any unconventional theory about current or historical events, with the connotation that that theory is unfounded, outlandish, or irrational or in some way unworthy of serious consideration." www.wordiq.com...

See? It's a whole lot more than just what you said. All it has to be is unfounded and/or unconventional for it to fall under "conspiracy theory" and that is most definitely what I have created. Thank you for playing, and good day.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Seen it, pretty horrific

Im not talking about rungby either, im talking about Australian Rules Football. Their is a huge difference, and the latter being more popular than the former

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Culture is a conspiracy, one which we perpetrate on ourselves; we're both the villians and the victims of our own inability or unwillingness to question it and tentatively reject it for the sake of self-insight and breaking free of the aspects that shackle us and stagnate our development.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have only read the OP but I'll chip in with my thoughts anyway:

My favourite sport is Boxing, I'd be very interested in how someone could represent a boxing bout as being symbolic of sexual intercourse

Obviously, someone could "argue" that beating someone into submission is similiar to scoring a sexual conquest but I'm also pretty sure that one could argue that any sport represents mans desire to succeed and beat competition.

What I'm trying to say is that a sport could be argued to represent a whole host of human emotions, I think it's a flawed idea that sports are simply symbolic representations of sexual intercourse.

What's with all the sex threads recently

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
All sports are homoerotic.

Take football for instance.

"Hey Bob, let's create a game where no women can play. Just overly muscled men wearing brightly colored, tight-fitting uniforms. The object of the game will be to grab a man clutching a big ball, throw him to the ground and jump on top of him. Then other guys, who 'play' for the same team, will jump on top of him, too. And if they do exceptionally well they can all pat each other on the ass. They'll take a break only when a man wearing a fashionable black-and-white outfit blows a whistle and says they've just 'scored.'

"We can call the teams really suggestive names -- Oilers, Rams and Packers. We can even have one player who will do nothing but make passes and reach between another mans legs for the ball. The team that finishes first will win some gaudy jewelry -- a ring, maybe. To keep the game alive, we'll send old men out to recruit young boys. And best of all, for the men who just 'like to watch,' we'll make the game soooooo long that wives and girlfriends will get pissed off every time it's played. They'll feel so ignored they'll break up, creating a surplus of available men for us. Doesn't it sound fabulous?!"

And don't get me started on baseball. One guy pitching? Another catching?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
I have only read the OP but I'll chip in with my thoughts anyway:

My favourite sport is Boxing, I'd be very interested in how someone could represent a boxing bout as being symbolic of sexual intercourse

Obviously, someone could "argue" that beating someone into submission is similiar to scoring a sexual conquest but I'm also pretty sure that one could argue that any sport represents mans desire to succeed and beat competition.

What I'm trying to say is that a sport could be argued to represent a whole host of human emotions, I think it's a flawed idea that sports are simply symbolic representations of sexual intercourse.

What's with all the sex threads recently

"Take boxing," I said. "Two topless men ... in silk shorts ... fighting ... for a belt and a purse."

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
"Take boxing," I said. "Two topless men ... in silk shorts ... fighting ... for a belt and a purse."

I think people are taking this a little too far to be honest, there's nothing sexual about one man trying to knock another man unconscious; you can apply all sorts of word play to the subject as much as you want.

Cutting someones hair is a symbolic sexual representation as the act is akin to a women losing her virginity due to the fact that her hymen is removed via intercourse.

I could go on and on, get my drift??

edit on 20/9/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
It's all so Freudian and primitive..

If we lived in a severely repressed society perhaps.

But generally I think sex is sex and touchdowns are touchdowns.

Although it does make one wonder about all those fantasy football leagues guys are so excited about lately.

edit on 20-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

I appreciate your opinions though I disagree with them. And about the fantasy football leagues: yeah, it really does make one wonder
Thanks for that one.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Sport is definitely more about having a war than having sex. Even a friendly game of footie starts of with declaring who's in what team, i.e. who's your enemy, who do you have to beat. Sport is the alternative to war. Or is it the same thing?

Humans are war-like creatures. But they can't just go have a war because the problem is, only TPTB decide where and when our real wars start. So, men, (mostly men) have this void to fill. They have energy to spend. We can't have little village wars any more, we can't even have a war with our next door neighbour because if you throw a single punch these days you'll end up in jail.

Sport is the only alternative. Where you can beat someone's ass without serious repercussion. It's all analogy. When an opposing team comes to play against your home team, they have invaded your land. You must beat them. So, you have a home team who you chant magical songs at to make them stronger, and you sit in the crowd egging your men to do the dirty work and defeat the bastards and send them home humiliated and licking their wounds. For the unfit among us we have other games, like scrabble etc.

Some sportsmen are like great warriors. They're good at fighting so they get the spoils of their wins in the form of gold, women, trinkets, and they're even worshipped far and near and folk tell stories about them.

Why are there two threads on this subject? Was this on the news or something?

edit on 20-9-2010 by wigit because: edited to add..

I understand the military/war like symbolism of sport. All I'm saying is that it's even deeper than that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join