It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of why sports are so important ( it has to do with sex)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
Sports are more like military strategy.. With the exception of Wrestling; That #s gay....

Almost all other sports -You line up an offense, and look for the weak spot, attack, and come out victorious!

Anyone that says anything more needs to go get laid......

And Carlin talked about the military and their weapons being dicks and war was nothing more than a Dick Measuring contest

How would you get points if nothing "crossed the plane"? Theres got to be some sort of way of keeping points...............

Is there any "Non-sexual" sports?

edit on 19-9-2010 by squirelnutz because: terrorists made me

And what is more symbolic for sex than war? You penetrate another nation don't you? It's now sports and war as far as I'm concerned, that symbolically represent the sex act.
So, there's no sport which does not , in some way, symbolize the act of intercourse in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
no

you are wrong

people watch sports because they can relate themselves to a certain person/team, therefore get enjoyment or not to see them win

thats all .... its not about sex, thats just stupid in my opinion

You are entitled to your opinion. Though calling my postulate stupid just makes it seem like you have no valid argument and/or are upset somehow by this idea within your hierarchy of how things work.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sodakota
Gee, I always thought sports was about competition.

If I have no interest in sports, what does that mean?

Sports are about competition for sure. And the athletes are representing the hunter/gatherer in all of our psyches. They are playing out that role in real life. It's possibly why pro athletes get paid absurd amounts of money in many cases...because the masses will pay so much to watch our hunter/gatherer archetypes performing a ritual competition; one that symbolizes the sex act.

I don't know what it means that you have no interest in sports. You have no interest in watching said ritual perhaps...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This isn't a conspiracy, just an unfounded theory. And not everything in the world is a conspiracy. Jesus, you people needd to relax. People pay to watch athletes the same reason they pay for a painting or a musician. They pay for the athletes talents. If you don't like sports, you just don't like sports. Also, if you try hard enough, you can find sex in just about anything. So, yes, this is stupid.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
This isn't a conspiracy, just an unfounded theory. And not everything in the world is a conspiracy. Jesus, you people needd to relax. People pay to watch athletes the same reason they pay for a painting or a musician. They pay for the athletes talents. If you don't like sports, you just don't like sports. Also, if you try hard enough, you can find sex in just about anything. So, yes, this is stupid.

Aliens are also just an unfounded theory, o wise one. So all of ATS is stupid then according to your logic for having a forum for aliens.
Jesus, you need to get off of your highhorse, person.
Thank you for your extremely limited in scope reply.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hmm yes.. Like the hundred meters where the objective is to finish as quickly as possible.. I think you might be on to something here

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

With that kind of thinking, anything can be seen as sexual. Trust me.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

Your dead right.

You have stumbled onto the "Carry on film" equation that states that every single human action in the world can have a sexual innuendo attached to it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Originally posted by Throwback

Aliens are also just an unfounded theory, o wise one. So all of ATS is stupid then according to your logic for having a forum for aliens.
Jesus, you need to get off of your highhorse, person.
Thank you for your extremely limited in scope reply.

Let me help you by giving you a definition:
con·spir·a·cy   /kənˈspɪrəsi/
[kuhn-spir-uh-see]

–noun, plural -cies.
1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

I don't see any of these things in your OP. And aliens can't be a conspiracy. If the government is covering up their knowledge of aliens or something like that, that is a conspiracy. You see what I'm saying here? So yes, any post saying aliens is a conspiracy is stupid.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have no interest in sports and so I'd rather skip all this symbolic, sublimated poppycock and jump straight to sex. There's no need to circumlocute around the shrubbery; just dive right in.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I think that pretty much anything can be made to have sexual connotations.

I'm doing laundry. Mmm yeah laundry...opening up that washer...it's gushing wet...throwing a downey ball in it....drying some clothes... I open up that hole and stick the laundry in...ooh it's so hot in there.

I'm sharpening a pencil. Oooh this pencil is too stubby, better make it grow....I'll stick it in the pencil sharpener hole...I'll put it in and pull it out...oh the point's getting harder now...in and out in and out.

Anyways, I have some laundry to do and some pencils that need sharpening.....::shifty eyes::

edit on 20-9-2010 by MeSoCorny because: going for the climax

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It's all so Freudian and primitive..

If we lived in a severely repressed society perhaps.

But generally I think sex is sex and touchdowns are touchdowns.

Although it does make one wonder about all those fantasy football leagues guys are so excited about lately.

edit on 20-9-2010 by AProphet1233 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny
I think that pretty much anything can be made to have sexual connotations.

It is fun to connotate though. Indeed, the principle of sex and sex polarity should exist everywhere. It's actually an exercise to be able to properly recognize in the environment, that is, for those interested in that sort of occult mumbo-jumbo.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Sport is definitely more about having a war than having sex. Even a friendly game of footie starts of with declaring who's in what team, i.e. who's your enemy, who do you have to beat. Sport is the alternative to war. Or is it the same thing?

Humans are war-like creatures. But they can't just go have a war because the problem is, only TPTB decide where and when our real wars start. So, men, (mostly men) have this void to fill. They have energy to spend. We can't have little village wars any more, we can't even have a war with our next door neighbour because if you throw a single punch these days you'll end up in jail.

Sport is the only alternative. Where you can beat someone's ass without serious repercussion. It's all analogy. When an opposing team comes to play against your home team, they have invaded your land. You must beat them. So, you have a home team who you chant magical songs at to make them stronger, and you sit in the crowd egging your men to do the dirty work and defeat the bastards and send them home humiliated and licking their wounds. For the unfit among us we have other games, like scrabble etc.

Some sportsmen are like great warriors. They're good at fighting so they get the spoils of their wins in the form of gold, women, trinkets, and they're even worshipped far and near and folk tell stories about them.

Why are there two threads on this subject? Was this on the news or something?

edit on 20-9-2010 by wigit because: edited to add..

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

So, men, (mostly men) have this void to fill. They have energy to spend.

Odd, I seem to lack that void or at least don't experience it as such. I prefer to put my energy into creating something, in those rare moments I find the energy sufficient to impel me, rather than into conflict.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

Originally posted by Faiol
no

you are wrong

people watch sports because they can relate themselves to a certain person/team, therefore get enjoyment or not to see them win

thats all .... its not about sex, thats just stupid in my opinion

You are entitled to your opinion. Though calling my postulate stupid just makes it seem like you have no valid argument and/or are upset somehow by this idea within your hierarchy of how things work.

I agree with you that when someone says stupid, it means that, but in this case, I really think it was stupid, I mean, come on, to put a ball thought something means sex?

thats your perspective, if you see sex everywhere, good for you, but thats not the intention of the game

and I thought my argument was valid enough to allow me to say stupid ...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Went to an all female roller derby saturday night.

Lot's of fun.

Sexual connotations anyone?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
All Culture Is about Sex

Originally posted by sodakota
Gee, I always thought sports was about competition.

If I have no interest in sports, what does that mean?

You are right, sports is about competition. But everything is about competition: sexual competition.

Originally posted by davespanners
You have stumbled onto the "Carry on film" equation that states that every single human action in the world can have a sexual innuendo attached to it.

That is because all human activity has a sexual element to it.

Most of human culture, and nearly all male human achievement, is the result of sexual competition. Being social primates, human males naturally compete with each other for status, which they earn by demonstrating relative evolutionary (not necessarily physical) fitness. Females are preferentially attracted to high-status males.

Sports, like everything else men do, is done to improve their sexual prospects.

If you're not interested in sports, it probably means there are other areas of male competition--art or moneymaking, perhaps--in which you excel. Thus you don't need to descend to the vulgar physical arena in order to establish your place in the sexual pecking order--you can leave that to the riffraff who have nothing else but their muscles to impress the girls with.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Instead of interpreting sport and war in terms of sex, it might be better to interpret sport and sex in terms of war.

Sport is obviously modelled on war because they both have a double component- attack and defence.
War is partly about attacking your enemy's home, and partly about preventing the enemy from attacking your own home.
Most sports have got the same two components. In soccer, attack the opposing goal and defend your own. In chess, attack the opponent's king and defend your own.
And the needs of the two tasks have got to be balanced against one another. You send your army across to France, the French encourage rebellion in Scotland. You're so desperate to score an equaliser that you crowd into the opposing team's penalty area, and they score themselves "on the break" ("Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now!")
You can't say war is modelled on sex because sex doesn't really have this double component. War is really about possession- trying to take the possesions of others, trying to keep your own. Since sex is sometimes described as an act of "possession", it might be better to think of sex as an aspect of war rather then the other way round.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I postulate that all sports, in some form or another, and humanity's adoration for sport itself, can be reduced to a symbolic or re-creation of the process of intercourse.

"Can be?" Sure. And if you look hard enough you can probably find satanic messages encoded in beethoven symphonies.

Consider your example of rugby/football. It ignores a great deal to allow you to come to only the conclusion you're looking for. You could just as easily say that driving on freeways to work is symbolically navigating the fallopian tubes.

I think Carlin's war analogy is more descriptive, and requires less elements to be conveniently ignored. For example, in rugby/football you have two teams of players working against each other. What does that have to do with sex? What is the ball? Sperm? How does that make sense when you're passing it around to various teammates before scoring? But if the ball is symbolically a sabotague device or bomb of some sort, it seems reasonable to suggest that symbolically a team of covert operatives are working together to plant it at an enemy facility, and and the device is simply given to whichever operative is in the best position to plant it. Or that it's recognized as contraband, and the operatives are known by the enemy, but need to be caught in the act. So if they know they'll be searched (tackled) they simply pass it to another operative to continue the mission while they're being detained.

How do you explain this kind of thing as being related to sex?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join