It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of why sports are so important ( it has to do with sex)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It is my hope and my honest effort to present this conspiracy theory from a respectful and mature perspective due to it's sensitive nature. The premise is quite simple and it has to do with the way in which points are scored during any kind of the world's most popular sporting matches. In golf it's easy to see that the objective is to make it into the hole. In basketball, the same thing takes place; and it's a reflection of humanity's drive to copulate.

In soccer (football for the rest of the world) the point is to shoot past the obstacle (goal keeper) in order to reach the inside of the box.

In rugby and American football it's even more simple. One's goal is to penetrate the imaginary wall of the endzone/ the goal line (the membrane) or the imaginary plane in order to put points on the board.

(What could be more symbolic of sexual intercourse than breaking the plane in order to score?)

I postulate that all sports, in some form or another, and humanity's adoration for sport itself, can be reduced to a symbolic or re-creation of the process of intercourse.

In the same way that theater attempts to imitate the emotional world of humanity and manifest it in the oustide world, so does sport attempt to manifest and symbolically recreate the act of sexual intercourse.

All perspectives, feelings, and rebuttals are welcome...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
You should probably attribute this to George Carlin since this is his material

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

Actually Carlin compared "manly" football to "sissy" baseball...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
How do you explain Curling? On second thought, the person who curls the rock yells "hurry hard" an awful lot! How about baseball? Getting to second base, playing the field and a high hard one comes to mind. Hockey? He shoots and he scores right between the legs. Hey, you may have a point.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
what kind of sex is that stupid sport where they brush the ice supposed to represent then?
how about the ice luge event? or nascar?
sports are stupid anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Oh my!
I was just thinking about this today!
Whoa.

You know what gave me the thought?
My ma was watching football, and I heard an announcer say,
"This rookie can't seem to get his hands on the balls"
Since I wasn't looking at the TV, I was able to decipher that comment and take it to, what I thought was an absurdity. Then again, maybe not. If you think about the phrases they use in sports,
"Big Shot" "Slam Dunk" "Score" "Goal" "Pitcher" "Catcher" "Home Run" "Kill (volleyball)"

It makes you wonder.
Could sports be so popular, because it's a kind of form of Hypnotic Suggestion?

I honestly was thinking about making a thread, but I was sure people were going to laugh at me for doing so. I hope they don't laugh at you, because I really did think of this today.

S&F for reading my mind.

edit on 19-9-2010 by leira7 because: sp

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
It is my hope and my honest effort to present this conspiracy theory from a respectful and mature perspective due to it's sensitive nature. The premise is quite simple and it has to do with the way in which points are scored during any kind of the world's most popular sporting matches. In golf it's easy to see that the objective is to make it into the hole. In basketball, the same thing takes place; and it's a reflection of humanity's drive to copulate.

In soccer (football for the rest of the world) the point is to shoot past the obstacle (goal keeper) in order to reach the inside of the box.

In rugby and American football it's even more simple. One's goal is to penetrate the imaginary wall of the endzone/ the goal line (the membrane) or the imaginary plane in order to put points on the board.

(What could be more symbolic of sexual intercourse than breaking the plane in order to score?)

I postulate that all sports, in some form or another, and humanity's adoration for sport itself, can be reduced to a symbolic or re-creation of the process of intercourse.

In the same way that theater attempts to imitate the emotional world of humanity and manifest it in the oustide world, so does sport attempt to manifest and symbolically recreate the act of sexual intercourse.

All perspectives, feelings, and rebuttals are welcome...

The answer is simple: this appeals Reptilian Brain as sex is belongs to Reptilian Brain

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well maybe...

But sometimes a cigar is just as cigar....

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lellomackin
You should probably attribute this to George Carlin since this is his material

Not at all lello. Carlin's was much different.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hefficide, thanks for distinguishing that. That was brilliant.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
How do you explain Curling? On second thought, the person who curls the rock yells "hurry hard" an awful lot! How about baseball? Getting to second base, playing the field and a high hard one comes to mind. Hockey? He shoots and he scores right between the legs. Hey, you may have a point.

Exactly, SphinxMontreal. Another baseball one is " hitting one out of the park". It's another imaginary membrane, a plane to be broken...like the one I mentioned in the OP in terms of the endzones in rugby and American football. In this case the membrane or field which is broken is the one above the fence the moment the ball goes "out of the park"

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
what kind of sex is that stupid sport where they brush the ice supposed to represent then?
how about the ice luge event? or nascar?
sports are stupid anyway.

Hockey you are saying I guess? Well in answer to that, a poster above wrote a cool one for hockey.
The ice luge event? Hmmm... I won't go into that one as I would not want to infringe on the T&C to write on this site.
As far as NASCAR, well, they make a million pit stops and have to change out rubbers almost constantly.
Mods, I love y'all. I'm takin' it easy
Keeping it clean

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Any questions?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Oh my!
I was just thinking about this today!
Whoa.

You know what gave me the thought?
My ma was watching football, and I heard an announcer say,
"This rookie can't seem to get his hands on the balls"
Since I wasn't looking at the TV, I was able to decipher that comment and take it to, what I thought was an absurdity. Then again, maybe not. If you think about the phrases they use in sports,
"Big Shot" "Slam Dunk" "Score" "Goal" "Pitcher" "Catcher" "Home Run" "Kill (volleyball)"

It makes you wonder.
Could sports be so popular, because it's a kind of form of Hypnotic Suggestion?

I honestly was thinking about making a thread, but I was sure people were going to laugh at me for doing so. I hope they don't laugh at you, because I really did think of this today.

S&F for reading my mind.

edit on 19-9-2010 by leira7 because: sp

If they laugh at me then they are going to be laughing at you too for writing that

It's definitely hypnotic and deals with the subconscious mind as far as I'm concerned. Hypnotic and primal ; primitives on a blue planet acting out pain and pleasure . It's all deeply embedded into making a symbolic act of intercourse in my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sports are more like military strategy.. With the exception of Wrestling; That #s gay....

Almost all other sports -You line up an offense, and look for the weak spot, attack, and come out victorious!

Anyone that says anything more needs to go get laid......

And Carlin talked about the military and their weapons being dicks and war was nothing more than a Dick Measuring contest

How would you get points if nothing "crossed the plane"? Theres got to be some sort of way of keeping points...............

Is there any "Non-sexual" sports?

edit on 19-9-2010 by squirelnutz because: terrorists made me

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Sex relates to both the reptilian and the mammalian or mammal brains. It's animal either way you look at it though.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
no

you are wrong

people watch sports because they can relate themselves to a certain person/team, therefore get enjoyment or not to see them win

thats all .... its not about sex, thats just stupid in my opinion

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Well maybe...

But sometimes a cigar is just as cigar....

Maybe a cigar is just a cigar? Is that what you mean? Shaped like a guitar maybe? The conspiracy of how cigars and guitars also relate to sex ?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Gee, I always thought sports was about competition.

If I have no interest in sports, what does that mean?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

And table tennis with those little yellow balls.....never mind!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join