It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YARGH! Today be the day mateys!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Argh,
I be a postin' this here to be a remindin' on an all that today be the international Talk like a pirate day.
Lets keep it real interestin' like and post Pirate details onto this thread.. But if ye not be doin it like a pirate made proud, ye shall be keel hauled by the men in black..

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
ARRRGGHH!! Me heartys, tis making me glad in me heart to hear such a sea-shanty be going on in the modern world!! Full rations to 'ya all and double the rum to keep the mateys roaring with piratey goodness!!

Top the main sails and full speed towards the next plunder out 'ere on the open seas!!!!

Actually, shouldn't we all be communicating in Somali now days?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3c15414cdab.jpg[/atsimg]

Yo ho ho (no pun intended) and a bottle of what she's havin'.

Thar be a few pirate lasses.

-TheAssoc.

edit on 19-9-2010 by TheAssociate because: Piratification.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Aye, lads...and a far wench she be.

Me thinks I might set sail fer Ocracoke.... in yonder Carolina across from Hatteras. As a matter of consideration, lads...me thinks I'll set course for said destination next week after me collects a pirate's ransom... small but handsome... and drop me anchor down Pamlico way. Arrrrgh..........

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Thar she blows! A hump like a snow hill! It's moby dick!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

ARGHHH!!! She be fine boat to set me mast into!!! Ahoy to the landlubbers 'n set sail to adventure!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Know you this lubbers. A pirate would always whomp a Ninja. Wanna know why?
Ninja's are made up scurvy devils.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

You play RuneScape don't you Matey, lol.

Arrggg Arrrgggg!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Not big on pirate theology "Mateys". But surly these guys spoke french and dutch.
2nd line ATS aware

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I be seeking parly.

Yar.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Actually, you would hear many languages and dialects on a pirate ship. However, since the British ruled the ocean at that time...with the French a close second, and since the crews were made up of whatever could be rounded up by any means possible ...usually questionable, the usual language is English... in lowbrowed, low society dialects.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Arrr, i am not mightily sure what "Runescape" is off the top o' my head. It sounds familiar though... My normal technique for talkin' like a pirate is almost turrets with an exclusi'e "argh" "Yargh" and "ARGHHH" as the turrets symptoms.

But more o'er, while discussin' pirates, one should not forget the dread old ones who sleep under the sea. For their tentacles fill many with joy and others with... argh. Ye'll ne'er get me buried booty!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
Not big on pirate theology "Mateys". But surly these guys spoke french and dutch.
2nd line ATS aware

Arrr, if we spoke in French or Spanish or other thin's, it would 'iolate the cliche and sterotypes o' talkin' like a pirate. Me would think this is quite clear. Gar.

edit on 19-9-2010 by lordtyp0 because: The brackets were hiding me booty!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Ahoy, you sir have failed t' speak with us in a manner fittin' a pirate. Edit your post t' show you can speak right on this day or fore'er (at least till today ends) hang your head in shame Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Aye, for those who be too lazy t' actually talk like a pirate. This tool will do all the work for you and make you sound like you be keepin' it real.. dog. Aye.
Speak right.. and stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ahoy, what do you all think o' the Pirate party? Additionally The Pirate Bay (sortware and mo'ie piracy stuff) is set t' counter attack the Mpaa/riaa today (the 19th) could be a full on internet storm
Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

------------Today The Pirate Bay is going to launch an internet/electronic attack against MPAA and RIAA servers, they were requesting volunteers to install a bot system to synchronize the attack. I am not posting a link because of the nature. If you want more on that go to Digg or Reddit.

What do you all think of site to site direct warfare? Do you think this will help or hurt attempts at legislation like ACTA?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

Go ahead lad and lash me a bit... but there'll be no plank walkin' here.

The other mate sounded as if he wasn't sure of his sea legs, and I was only tryin' to make the lad feel welcome aboard our skif.

Alas mates... the sun is now up, me watch is over, and time to start swabbin' the decks...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
(repeat to bring a topic forward in lubber speak to ensure we know what I am babbling about
)
------------Today The Pirate Bay is going to launch an internet/electronic attack against MPAA and RIAA servers, they were requesting volunteers to install a bot system to synchronize the attack. I am not posting a link because of the nature. If you want more on that go to Digg or Reddit.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrr finstaly a days to be Yeselves arrgain. Now what shellest I linger upon this day o dayest? Let me start swording a bottle on the rotten corpses of themmest kings and queenies whom want to ridd the seven ponds of my honoust treasarrrrr huntarrrrs arrrrsss in the name of some ol mateys spirit whoms name I forgottest. Anyestwayest good sails ye’ve set mr typo. Now drink and shant along by the flaming mouths of us canons roaring.

-swears like a drunk pirate’s parrot wanting a peanut.-

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
For your consideration...

Pirate metal. Who would have thought?

new topics

top topics

join