It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has trouble quoting the Declaration of Independence.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

really now just how much did world war 1 cost ? world war 2 cost how much did the korean conflict cost? how much did the vietnam war costs how much did the bosnian conflict cost?

it is a utterly ridiculous comment that you have just made for the simple fact any time a democrat or liberal cries about money or war its ok you people to do it but not anyone else.

last time i checked no republican has ever stole any gold from the us public more over no republican has even stole gold out of fort knox.

its ok for liberals to start wars but noone else-bs

that comment is the biggest bunch of bs i have ever read here.

world war 1- wilson democrat
world war 2 roosevelt democrat
korean war truman democrat
vietnam johnson democrat
bosnia clinton democrat

yeah democrats are just so peaceful loving americans whatever

edit on 19-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thought I would throw up this photo, to answer the question about Obama's use of a teleprompter during the CHCI speech.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/745f8892b0d8.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 19-9-2010 by WTFover because: To correct image embed

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

really now just how much did world war 1 cost ? world war 2 cost how much did the korean conflict cost? how much did the vietnam war costs how much did the bosnian conflict cost?

it is a utterly ridiculous comment that you have just made for the simple fact any time a democrat or liberal cries about money or war its ok you people to do it but not anyone else.

last time i checked no republican has ever stole any gold from the us public more over no republican has even stole gold out of fort knox.

its ok for liberals to start wars but noone else-bs

that comment is the biggest bunch of bs i have ever read here.

world war 1- wilson democrat
world war 2 roosevelt democrat
korean war truman democrat
vietnam johnson democrat
bosnia clinton democrat

yeah democrats are just so peaceful loving americans whatever

Your kind of like the king of false dichotomies. I never claimed to be a Democrat, nor did I offer anything even closely resembling a defense of Demcorats (in fact, i included them in my criticism).

My POINT, which you clearly ignored, was YOU claimed that 'social security' and "Democrats" are bankrupting our country. I merely noted the IRONY of someone who claims to be a fiscal conservative not mentioning a TRILLION-DOLLAR Ongoing war in his analysis of fiscal conservatism/

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Actors forget their lines all the time, even some of the greats who assume character for months before shooting begins,
It has to be tiring to constantly be reading from a script and being in character every single moment of every single day.

That is what the teleprompter is for!

Lies are always hard to keep track of.

Just once I'd like to see him drilled by real reporters on tough questions. Has it ever happened? Nope!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

and YOU sir are clearing ignoring the FACT that it is the entitlement mentality and those social programs that ARE destroying this country.

money comes and goes
war comes and goes
a government job or a social program is forever.

social security from its inception and every other social program has cost us and done more harm than anything other group of people in this nations history. you can lie to me you can lie to yourself but that is the truth.

i have never claimed to be a republican
i have never claimed to be a fiscal conservative
i have never claimed to be a teapartier
i have never claimed to be a christian
i have never claimedto be an independent
i have never claimed to be a moderate

the only things that i will say i am is a human being and an american thats it.

its up ot the reader to decide where my views land on the political spectrum.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

So that's it; It was the evil spirit of W that caused him to misremember that quote.

Its the only LOGICAL explanation after all.

Obama actually making a non scripted remark??? Obama not sticking to a teleprompter......now that's a funny one.

I bet you Ron Paul doesn't flub that part of the Constitution.

I don't think it's a major issue but I sure as Heck don't like the fact that he got it wrong or even worse....intentionally left it out.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Ultimately it won't happen.. the Social Conservative (IE, Neo-Con) are to far embedded, and have far to much money. Just look at the Tea Party Express.. a Neo-Con movement that is getting most of the spotlight due to their expansive coffers.

There really is no viable option for the Conservatives that don't want their party acting as Morality Police.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Right...is this what we've stooped to...wow. I think there's more to what's going on and folks should spend more time focusing on issues of at least some importance...people make mistakes all the time. I'm sure the pope or other religious figures have made mistakes in surmons...and these guys are supposed to live and die by their book...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Does this surprise you

Kenyan born

NO "real" business experience.

"Muslim" funded education

WHAT IS YOUR POINT

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

LMAO

He fumbled one fraction of a statement, and you haters are all over him.
Obama must be an evil S.O.B.!!!!!!!

oh what a miserable existence you must endure.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

It's actually pretty hard to quote the constitution. That's why I have a pocket with me when I want to refer to it.

Maybe so, but you are not the US president, Obama is.

Aside from what Cynical has said about him actually teaching this stuff to students, how on earth can anyone claim 'it's hard to remember', when the guy KNEW he was going to be saying it. Are you suggesting the US president would go on TV, make a speech that will be seen internationally, and NOT rehearse it?!

Even if he didn't know the words (which for a US president, would be outrageously embarrassing in and of itself!), after teaching them to others for as part of his former profession, it would be utter foolishness not to have read the speech beforehand, and rehearsed it.

There is no chance this is a 'teleprompter' error. None at all, for a man in his position and history.

This seemingly innocent incident, in my view, points to something deeper. Much deeper than a lapse in memory.

Since becoming PotUS, he would have been briefed on certain topics that are 'need to know only'. Perhaps one of those topics, included or alluded to who or what our 'creators' actually were or are.

And perhaps 'the creator' is not what the majority of humanity have been led to believe, at least not what was believed when the declaration was written.

Disclosure anyone?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
LOL!!!!

I never heard the part where he says, "and I quote."

Most American's can't even name the State they currently live in.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"We [conservatives] love and revere our founding documents, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. We believe that the preamble to the Constitution contains an inarguable truth that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life, Liberty, Freedom. And the pursuit of happiness."
--Rush Limboat

Even the conservative leader get's it wrong from time to time.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Maybe Bush should have used a TelePrompter.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Come Clean because: he was laughing so hard.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ok that is a bit strange,He may have forgotten what it says,or felt distracted or does not realy believe in it.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Hell no!

Bush should never, ever use a teleprompter. Some of the funniest things to come out of the mouth of a human being were a result of Bush not using the teleprompter.

For the sake of comic relief; don't let Bush have a teleprompter.

Edit to add:

You guys are STILL fighting over this one?

You know, I posted this one to give the members a few yucks at the president's expence.

edit on 9/19/10 by FortAnthem because: Add comment.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Here is a thought...

He wasn't trying to quote the D.O.I., he was just using parts of it in his speech to make a point.

This is another example of "something out of nothing".

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Top ten Bush NON teleprompter videos.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You guys are STILL fighting over this one? You know, I posted this one to give the members a few yucks at the president's expence.

Just goes to show, if nothing else, what a deep thinking and perceptive bunch ATS members really are!

Write a thread about the time of day, and we'll go off on one about ethereal existentialism and that time is really only an illusionary facet of gravity-space effects. The clock isn't really there either.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Obama isn't a bad guy, but he is a pawn being used by the NWO. It's all a part of their plan:
-Create an illegal war which will weaken our economy
-Create further crisis in the economy by allowing insane banking laws and housing in junctures to take place
-Build up the "Inside" elite, while bankrupting the rest of Americans
-Create a "No contest election" Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin, creating an "Out with the Old tried and failed, in with the new and inexperienced" scenario.
-This inexperienced President will, of no fault of his own, add to the fiasco at hand
-The US crumbles for another 4 years.
-Meanwhile; a new party emerges. A party of Patriots who are blind to the fact that their dreams of a better, purer America is being funded by the same 2% elitist that Bush had risen up during his term.
-The Tea Party is backed by several corporations and known activists for the NWO.
-By the time the 2012 election rolls around, America is so sick of what the "American Dream" has become that they're willing to try anything new, and so the first T.P. President is elected, thus handing America over to the very ones who would tear us down, along with all world governments in order to create a single "All Powerful" ruling entity.

(If I should die or suddenly become ill, no matter the reason, you'll all know why)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join