It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has trouble quoting the Declaration of Independence.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Why do you keep bringing up the pause?

The man always pauses for applause, I haven't brought it up or acknowledged it. Who cares if it was written that way, he isn't Ron Burgundy, he wouldn't tell the people to F themselves if the prompter told him to would he?

I never brought up impeachment or that this makes him less of a POTUS in my mine, I already had low expectations from him.

The man tried to quote a passage and flubbed it, stop making excuses for him, he really doesn't need you to do that for him. He probably will blame this goof up on Bush like he usually does when he messes something up.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

there is not enough room on this website to put every speech and video of obama

this video refers to john beohner and its not the one i had in mind i going to look for it.

altho there are numerous videos on youtbube anyone can watch.

its been said that it would take over 1800 years to watch every single youtube video

heres another one

while the left considers these jokes i consider potshots

edit on 18-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

The man tried to quote a passage and flubbed it, stop making excuses for him, he really doesn't need you to do that for him. He probably will blame this goof up on Bush like he usually does when he messes something up.

So that's it; It was the evil spirit of W that caused him to misremember that quote.

Its the only LOGICAL explanation after all.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Of course it was the evil that is W.

Didn't you hear about that note enclosed to Obama laying on the Oval office desk? It was really a curse and is the cause of everything that Obama has done or said that made him look like a fool.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Potshots are potshots. How does that prove anything? Still I fail to see the difference between any other president and their speeches.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

you are blind dude seriously obama purposely feeds the great divide between the left and right at every turn

im moving on tho have a good one

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your comments so far have continued to perpetuate that left-right divide. How ar eyou any different than Obama? I do not agree with his policy and I did not vote for him, but this video is nothing more than cow dung in the grand scheme of things. You cannot prove motive or what was written by the speech writers.

Although you have made your political stance very clear. I will do my best to make decisions on fact, not personal bias.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

But, I'm sure he just had something in his eye, right?

Nah, for a moment, he thought he was back in his native homeland Kenya, and was trying to recall the Kenyan Declaration of Independence:

The Unanimous Declaration of the SIX United Provinces of Kenya
The Declaration of Independence: A TranscriptionIN THE KENYA PARLIAMENT, MARCH 1ST, 2008.
The unanimous Declaration of the SIX united Provinces of Kenya
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.-That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,-That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Such has been the patient sufferance of these Provinces; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present President of Kenya is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these Provinces. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

kenyanzuri.blogspot.com...

It's kind of hard to distinguish the two declarations.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

you are blind dude seriously obama purposely feeds the great divide between the left and right at every turn

im moving on tho have a good one

No, FOX has riled you guys up with bull #$%&, just like the bull #$%& that took us to war... You guys for being Individualists engage in the group think time and time again. Look at this revamp of Muslim fear,

same thing, divide, fear, terror,

one brain between the lot of you,

FOX

edit on 18-9-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Those lines aren't from the Constitution.

Their from the Declaration of Independence.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

motive eh well now the way i see it obama took an oath to protect and defend the constitution and this country and the people in it.

if obama is supposedly so well educated like every says hes just the smartest president who ever lived he would know- KNOW its most important documents in its history not only that there would NOT EVEN be an error in reciting it.

i can acknowledge the left right divide like you but then again im not president of this country its not my responsibilty to speak for everyone here but then agian i dont have an audience like he does so what i do here is a relatively moot issue.

that is insane that you tell me im feeding the divide but wont admit obama is.

edit on 19-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
IMO, this was not a flub, it was purposeful.

When the Bammer makes mistakes, he makes DOOZIES.

You know how big a telepromptor mistakes the president makes?

Someone brought up Ron Burgundy, heck, Bammer makes Burgundy look like a genius.

Remember the Prime Minister and Bammer in the beginning of his "reign"? Where they read the WRONG speech?

They will not even cough up that video, even with a FOIA request, I have tried.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Isn't Obama supposed to be a Constitutional Lawyer???

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
IMO, this was not a flub, it was purposeful.

When the Bammer makes mistakes, he makes DOOZIES.

You know how big a telepromptor mistakes the president makes?

Someone brought up Ron Burgundy, heck, Bammer makes Burgundy look like a genius.

Remember the Prime Minister and Bammer in the beginning of his "reign"? Where they read the WRONG speech?

They will not even cough up that video, even with a FOIA request, I have tried.

Thank liberal
for your FOIA

I think I agree Osama Bin Stalin left it out on purpose.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

What do you think about this video? This was no mistake, no flub, no error in judgement. This was blatant pre emptive thought crime and more egregious than anything Bush the tyrant ever spoke of.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I thought it was a very good speech and historically pretty accurate, although that part about us not all "getting along" was putting it a little mildly. Three hundred years of genocide against the Native Americans and 250 years of slavery were a little worse than simply not "getting along". Jefferson the Deist deliberately referred to the Creator and "Nature's God", although he later said repeatedly that when he wrote those famous words about "all men are created equal" he meant only "white men". He even said specially that he did not mean blacks, Indians, Asians or women.

That's all water under the bridge now: a guy with 250 slaves would have had a hard time believing that non-whites were created equal to him. Read Jefferson's "Notes on Virginia" for more information on that.

In the present day, the Right wing and the Republican operatives don't give Obama a break for even a second and have never tried to meet him halfway or even a tenth of the way--not even an inch. They simply have no mercy on the guy and would blame him for a rainy day.

I'm really getting sick of listening to all of it and I'm not the only one. It's a big turn off to just about everyone except those who only vote Republican and never for anyone else--and I'm not crazy about either of our major political parties.

They'd complain if Obama hanged them with a new rope. It's unbelieveable.

edit on 19-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

But, I'm sure he just had something in his eye, right?

Nah, for a moment, he thought he was back in his native homeland Kenya, and was trying to recall the Kenyan Declaration of Independence:

This is what I mean. I've been listening to this nonsense for two years now and I just don't want to hear it any more. It's not doing the Republican cause any good, believe me.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Maybe he was trying to appease atheists who foam at the mouth when there's anything to do involving a God.

edit on 19-9-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by witness63

yeah man all those founders were just evil men its thanks to them that you even exist today

and to your belief that your very own country is just so evil well trying saying half of that stuff in any other country

and you would be shot or beheaded or imprisoned within a few minutes of making it.

as to what obama puts up with it is not even nearly one tenth of what gwb put up with for 8 years and continues to put up with.

i have never ever in my life seen so many thin skinned people before in my life.

i have no illusions bout the real history of this country but its a hell of alot better than any other country in this world.

its no suprise that people think this way the lives that todays generations of americans have it better than any other previous generation its also i fact that todays generation of americans havent even earned the right to complain it was given to them so why should you respect it or those who came before you.

something given has no value and its clearly obvious by posts such as that.

people whine and complain and moan about this and that that is what americans have become its a sad state of affairs.

edit on 19-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Well, you can bring up the party of no all you want. You want to know what the people think of the party of no?

They want to tell them, HELL NO!

Still do not get it do you?

There will be no more compromise, that is what brought us the Federal Reserve.
That is what brought us individual income tax.
That is what brought us globalization by the likes of Clinton and his Globalization Initiative.
That is what brought us pre emptive war.
That is what brought us un Constitutional legislation.
etc
etc
etc

It is no longer no, IT IS HELL NO! Get it? Good.

The big government types in the Republican party, that could be knocked off, have been knocked off. Next look for the other big government types to be voted out in the general.

Hell, even Tingle gets the idea. Wow, who is this guy? Certainly not Tingles (Chris Mathews)

NO MORE!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join