It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photograph of Indonesian undead? The walking corpse of Toraja.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
Who the # would take a corpse out after she has been buried and parade it around for a camera?...And then play around so people can see that she actually has some life to her? ...What do they take them out every couple of weeks to clean them in that part of the world?...Its all for show...and lets hope she is dead, and not still in the trance of some drugs....either way leave the dead in there coffins..... Its all a show put on by somebody in that village...hence the cameras, were there are cameras there is a show, or people posing for a show, so lets all hope she is actually dead.....I wonder if there is a vid of this not just a picture, to see it more clearly and in action.

Have you read the thread at all ?
Different cultures around the world all have different customs and traditions and most of them have stuck to those ways for thousands of years . Who are you to criticize an entire peoples cultural tradition and/or customs ?

And zombies are real, you want to see some go to your local political rally...Or were the crack heads and meth heads hang around on the streets...Take a good look at them don't they look like zombies....hrrr me wants drugs, oops I mean me wants brains......... Kind of hard to believe that there are things out there that could make a human turn in to this no.

Was that an attempt at a joke ? If so you have failed...Dismally.
Its not at all hard to believe that there are materials and substances in the world that can make people look like this, You would be aware of that if you took the time to read through the thread properly.

--------On Topic-----------

I believe that Squidboy might be on to something here .
Its fact that in some cultures symbolism plays a huge roll in these types of things.
Also i just wanted to say to the OP that this is a great thread , SnF .

Omega

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
This picture proves a point though, ATS members have trouble in knowing what is real and what is fantasy, a simple flaw in our species that seems to becoming more of a probelm by each passing day.
Not only are you being minipulated by mainstream media, but it would seem ATS is no better, what is real and what is fake does not seem to be an issues see as many members prefer makebelieve then reality.

As other members have stated in retort to your ridiculous post , It is obvious that you didnt even bother to read through the thread .
Your broad brush and your rubbish generalizations have no place in this thread so next time you want to "enlighten" us all with your holier then though BS, take a moment to realize how much of an arrogant hypocrite it will make you look like and then ( If you still feel the need to get preachy ) post it somewhere it belongs and not in the middle of an intelligent discussion .

Reasoning of cause :lack of intellgence among our community, thus my membership may be terminated if this probelm continues to grow.

For future reference .
Intelligence is spelled like this .
Problem is spelled like this.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out .

Mega

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There are some sick f**kers out there, leave dead people alone for gods sake. I'm going to be cremated like my mother was and seeing this sort of stuff makes that decision even more valid.

I don't care what your religion is, digging up a dead person and then dressing them in various clothes is just sick.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
in one of the links provided by the OP there was a line saying that your not sepposed to touch the corps when its "alive" ,

so the picture and the link provided debunks them selfs,

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
is there a reason why someone keeps deleting the picture i post?
its only a joke but its not anything offensive.
i just think if you look up . "Robert Forester" in the series "heroes". it kinda looks like that guy. dont ya think? just with a serious TAN.

hahah

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
just looks like a picture of a very sick old lady

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
what on earth does that mean?

edit on 20-9-2010 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If these people are walking to their graves then there is a good chance they are also being buried alive.

I wonder if Obama has ever dabbled into this??

Why on Earth would he have?

What the hell does this even have to do with Obama?!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Have you read the thread at all ? Different cultures around the world all have different customs and traditions and most of them have stuck to those ways for thousands of years . Who are you to criticize an entire peoples cultural tradition and/or customs ?

Your an idiot...that is exactly what I said...it is possible to do such things....and has been done before....and no its not a joke...they just find a old woman they give her the zombie powders or drugs or whatever she goes in to comatose/trance her heart beets so slow you probably wouldn't notice it beating, then they think she is dead, and bury her...some weeks later the witch doctors who did this, he says hey everybody want to see something cool....then all the idiots, say "sure why not"....they probably even charge money for this....So they go to were she was buried and dig her up, and the witch doctor does some magic...and maybe a limb moves or two...,and viola a zombie....ohhh scary.... Freaking idiot....Go seek some knowledge.... This # could be real, even if I cant find the dam original vid of this thing online.....And I am aware that different cultures around the world have different traditions and customs....and in some of those cultures a zombie is a thing from the movies, a show on the pictocube for the sheeple, which the very idea and story was derived from other cultures were it has been done, by explainable ways.

Was that an attempt at a joke ? If so you have failed...Dismally. Its not at all hard to believe that there are materials and substances in the world that can make people look like this, You would be aware of that if you took the time to read through the thread properly.

And obviously you have not seen what weak drugs like meth and crack can do to a person...so yes it was a joke, that is based on truth....I have seen crack heads stab each other for 20 dollars and walk the streets in a daze....like a zombie....Why so serious, its just a joke.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone said this yet but the lady standing behind the "zombie" is smacking her with a leafy branch (not sure what kind they use for this).

This is a practice to ward away evil spirits. My guess is that this lady is diseased and they are trying to ward away the cause (aka an evil spirit)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Regardless of what it is... it's definitely a wicked creepy looking 'person'.

Only 1% of me is willing to believe that it is a walking corpse.

So it's either a corpse being held up, or a very sick woman with some kind of ridiculously unknown disease.

Who knows? It very well might be a zombie... but all of science tells me that it's not.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by Omega85

Your an idiot...Blah blah blah blah blah

Im sure what you said was very profound in your opinion however since you resorted to personal insults im not going to even bother . Personal insults are the retorts of a person who doesnt have a leg to stand on , If you still wish to act like a child and call me names please U2U me and keep your crap out of the thread .

And obviously you have not seen what weak drugs like meth and crack can do to a person...so yes it was a joke, that is based on truth....I have seen crack heads stab each other for 20 dollars and walk the streets in a daze....like a zombie....Why so serious, its just a joke.

That really has nothing to do with the topic at hand here, If you wish to talk more about this then please feel free to U2U me . While in this thread please stick to the topic at hand Photograph of Indonesian undead? The walking corpse of Toraja. Thank you .

Mega

edit on 20/9/2010 by Omega85 because: Tags

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Don't know if anyone said this yet but the lady standing behind the "zombie" is smacking her with a leafy branch (not sure what kind they use for this).

This is a practice to ward away evil spirits. My guess is that this lady is diseased and they are trying to ward away the cause (aka an evil spirit)

Yeah, i have heard about people doing this very thing for the exact reasons you describe .
Thank you for reminding me about it friend .

Mega

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Im sure what you said was very profound in your opinion however since you resorted to personal insults im not going to even bother . Personal insults are the retorts of a person who doesnt have a leg to stand on , If you still wish to act like a child and call me names please U2U me and keep your crap out of the thread .

No I just said with one word what it took you a whole paragraph to say. You see I have other things on my mind so have no time to play the words game.

That really has nothing to do with the topic at hand here, If you wish to talk more about this then please feel free to U2U me . While in this thread please stick to the topic at hand Photograph of Indonesian undead? The walking corpse of Toraja. Thank you .

The title of the thread is......Photograph of Indonesian undead? The walking corpse of Toraja. it does not get clearer then that.

So then why don't you stick to the topic and say what you were gonna say...So what is it, you think they took her out while still fresh and has some meat on her, so they can smack her with some leafs, take some pictures and videos and put her back? Why don't you just come out and say what the hell you were gonna say and get it over with. And no i'm not gonna u2u because i know already what you will say... SO give your opinion and move on, this is not the first zombie thread out there or the last.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Toraja=one of the largest organized leper colonies in the world. Putting them to rest early. Once the individual decides their suffering is too great they request a ritual execution. They give them a slow acting poison and they walk to the cemetery. They make the walk to the cemetery where they are administered a fast acting agent. Leper is put out of their misery and takes the long walk where they are given well wishes and prayers on the way to meet their maker.

Nothing mystical.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

See previous post .
And im glad that you understand what the thread is about now (sort of), try to stick to it .
Thanks

Mega

edit on 21/9/2010 by Omega85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

So what is it, you think they took her out while still fresh and has some meat on her, so they can smack her with some leafs, take some pictures and videos and put her back?

Not quite. It's a way of guiding the corpse (and by default the soul) into their new resting place. The burial plot was only temporary, and she will be interred into a new plot further away from the village. This is done as a way to say final goodbyes to the person, and as I said, to guide them onto the next life.

The reason they were buried close to the village was to give the family time to say goodbye. It sometimes takes many days for relatives to come to say goodbye, and for this reason they are kept close for a while.

And galadofwarthethird, please refrain from using insulting language in your posts. We are not a community that likes hearing crud issue forth from people who don't know what they're talking about. Look into the T&C's if you're confused. At the very least, try to make it a bit more creative then out-right name calling.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

It can't walk, the bones would collapse if it moved. The body it's self is dug up, it's not dead fresh. It has been there for a while. The knees and all other parts that form the scheleton would fall off once they bend.
As you see the hands are in the position how the body was buried and the head is bent from the pillow in front.
It is that way because it's not moving, it can't , the guy is holding it with one hand because it's weight is light.
The guy is just cleaning it.
This is a hoax.

edit on 21-9-2010 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Rule #1 Thou shalt read up on post and gain knowledge(in this case of said culture and burial practices) before making posts.
#2 Thou shalt treat other posters with respect
#3 Follow rules 1 and 2

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join