It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS LIVE: 24: Goodbye BTS, Philosophy and more....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Join the ATS LIVE crew for a jam packed episode discussing the hot button topics of today.

BTS is dead - Long Live the Off Topic boards!

This week we'll be celebrating the dearly departed BelowTopSecret.com, and welcoming the Off-Topic section of the ATS 2010 board, so just about anything is fair game.

We'll also be discussing a little bit of philosophy, maybe a bit of Intelligent Design (maybe!!!!) and taking YOUR calls, on just about anything!

So, that's YOUR subjects, through YOUR calls, with YOUR choice of how to listen.

ATS Live would love to hear from you about our show and the topics we discuss - especially live on air! So call in and get your voice heard around the world on the radio!

We go Live from 9:00pm EST. Thats 7.00pm Mountain, 6:00pm PST, 2AM (Sunday) UK and 11AM (Sunday) Canberra

Be sure to join us in the ATS Chat Room as well during the show, and get your views heard.

Call-In Using Skype
1) Install Skype
2) Add ATS Live Studio to your Skype contact list.
3) Send us a text message via Skype, do not call directly.
4) Wait for your position in the queue.
5) Tell us what's on your mind!

edit on Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:06:02 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
do you want to play a game?

how about Global thermal Nuclear War?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
how about Global thermal Nuclear War?

thats a strange game. the only way to win is not to play. how about a nice game of chess?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well I would say that I am game, but someone might think that was a clue when it would be a red herring.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

should I continue, or am I on the wrong track?

and here is a second line to make sure the first has company.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You're on the wrong track, and I'm messing with you

The game starts tomorrow on the radio show, not before.

Probably

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, I would say that I am game, too, but everyone would think I was in on it!

I'd love to play another game!

Looking forward to the show and I''ll see you all in chat!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
*sniff sniff* You guys smell that?

Sadness!

No more BTS.....

The good news, however, is that there is a game, and I'm game for a game.

Trick question? I have one for you.... Do you want to create a game?

edit on 18-9-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just a few more hours folks and................................................YES

SEMPER IS BACK

Tune in to listen to me aggravate the rest of the studio nearly to tears....

This is going to be one great show, I can "feel" it...

(No children or animals were harmed in the making of this shameless plug)

Semper

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Well, I would say that I am game, too, but everyone would think I was in on it!

I'd love to play another game!

Looking forward to the show and I''ll see you all in chat!

Looking carefully at this post.
(just kidding with ya BH)

I'll be listening Neformore & Crew. Good luck with those topics!!

Originally posted by neformore
We'll also be discussing a little bit of philosophy, maybe a bit of Intelligent Design (maybe!!!!) and taking YOUR calls, on just about anything!

respect for tackling those subjects! Peoples' passions and biological intracellular intrapersonal obligations usually act as a catalyst for passionate dialogue when discussing such things. but i could be totally wrong.

members do enjoy the games

edit on 17/9/10 by neformore because: My evil CIA overlords programmed me to do it.

signs of intelligent design?

sometimes i entertain the idea that aspects of neuro-linguistical programming lead some to believe the foundations of civilization (language/communications) often are ignored due to the NPL of the psyops and all... maybe it is something in the water....

floor hide
flouride

peace,
et

edit on 18-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: to fix me grammar

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You guys are hilarious.

listening to ATS LIVE.

-et

edit on 18-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Is auto erotica the game?

Yall know way too much about this daggum subject....

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This music takes me back to Jon Spencer Blues Explosion days....

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hey did yall just laugh at my name?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I'm loving tonights show!

You guys are hilarious!

Masterbation & Politics

I don't care to hear my politicians talking about it.

Unless they are talking about passing legislation that bans it, or they are going to give tax breaks for it, it is a non-issue for me.

You guys are doing a fantastic show tonight.

thank you guys & gals,
et

edit on 18-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: add related to topic part

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'll add the point here, that I was trying to get across. I was using Skype on an iphone which was not only hard to hear, but also get a word in and keep it on focus.

Governments show favor to particular corporations, which ultimately and completely hinders the free market or what is supposed to be a free market. Instead of the consumer deciding the market, it is the government deciding the market, with corporate influence of course, which is the opposite of free-market capitalism. It has nothing to do with taxation on any kind of deep level, other than using tax-payer money to pay corporations for services that aren't needed. It isn't about taxing corporations, so much as it is giving the corporations tax-payer money and shifting policy towards their own interests that contradict our own. The military industrial complex is a prime example of this, as is the health care reform and Wall ST. You think that health care reform would have been passed or even brought up if no corporation benefitted? Nothing gets done up in Washington that doesn't benefit the people, except for very rare occasions where their is a popular uprising, and even then it is rare.

As far as the health care reform legislation that will be going into effect, it has nothing to do with medicaid. Unlike medicaid, everyone will be forced to participate and purchase insurance from the large insurance industry. Also unlike medicaid, the payouts are going to be between us, the insurance industry and the medical industry. The government is only there to force us to buy the insurance. With medicaid, it is the government dictating the prices. I don't know who it was that I was talking to on skype about it, but the differences are huge. For the most part, the provider-payer relationship will stay the same and the government only lights the fire under the consumer, not the provider or the payer.

Lastly, I wanted to add before the discussion was cut-off, Industry will take as much as they can get away with from the consumer, so long as government shows them favor and that is the consequence to not having a free market. Because the government regulates the small guys out of the equation, the big guys can do whatever they like and for the most part, they do. This is how Raytheon charges $2M for a missile that costs a couple thousand and could not hit the broad side of the barn. This how Bell Helicopter charges $5 million a pop to paint the BlackHawk and stick a HUD in the cockpit, something a smaller corporation could do for a half million. Who do we think pays for this? The tax-payer and we the consumer are not allowed to choose, as their are no other choices, they have all been regulated out of the game and prevented from doing business or introducing their products. Then policy is set to where these things need to get upgraded every so often and the upgrade does little to boost performance or any noticable difference.

Again, taxation has little to do with it, other than the taxation of the people.

Often, people have the two party system so ingrained in their thinking or their political views, their arguments can't see past the whole left-right paradigm, and so bring everything back to the cosmetic issues bickering back and forth by the showbiz partisan acting. Their is a lot more to issues, than the one dimensional left-right thinking and how they relate to one side or the other. Sadly, when you bring up issues, people who only think in that one-dimensional paradigm will automatically relate that issue to their "half" of the spectrum and so can't understand the issue that is protruding into other dimensions, such as statist, libertarian, free-markets or centrist. Such issues as the Right's version of the free-market isn't a free market at all, but because the left doesn't challenge that notion at all, any attack on the so-called "free-market" that is pushed forward by the right (which isn't a free market at all), is seen as a leftist approach. The irony is, that the right or the Republicans who claim to be right, do not advocate free-market principals and instead, advocate corporatist and statist, Keynesian principals based upon a central market that id regulated to filth by the government and designed to benefit the few corporations that influence the government in the first place.

--airspoon

edit on 18-9-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Nice job on the game Benevolent Heretic.

Good job all around on the show callers and Mods.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yup.....

Good show, guys & gals!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Last night's music - Artist/Title

Iras ft Sinima - Its not Alright
JFK ft Termanology - Baking Soda
Propehtic Dream - Virus
Beast 1333 - ATSrap
Sean Wright - Sipping on a Red Bull
Hot Fiction - If I Had a Girl
The Silence Industry - Kissing Clouds
Illustrial ft Strobegirl - Its Only a Moment
Strobegirl - Daydreaming
The Womb - CIA Radio

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why Friday night!? ALWAYS Friday night...

Yknow...for a bunch of shows I thought to myself- "how am I missing these? I'm here endlessly, yet I miss the show everytime!!!"

Then, after stupidity passed, I realized it was always Friday night!!!

Man...you guys should know that Friday night is a national Dungeons and Dragons holiday, and that almost ALL of us (all ats members, that is) are dungeon masters running a huge campaign for 8 players that can not be told otherwise.

I know what this is...its a conspiracy against D&D, me and ALL dungeonsmasters (even players!)!

You won't get away with this ATS...mark my words.

Ok, I'm off to listen to rewind...again...bah on you!

PS- Love the shows...makes me think I'm hanging out with a bunch of good folks who hate D&D.

edit on 19-9-2010 by Mr Mask because: Save vs Magic!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join