It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert to rally in D.C.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'll be there. And I can't wait.

I'm going to release some doves and call it "God's Flyover," then start crying.

That should get the point across, learn from the best.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
biggest reason this isnt blowing up the ats reply count is the simple fact you people say jon stewart or colbert the majority of people will go " who" ?

i will be shocked if theres more than a handful that do show up.

beck has more viewership for the simple fact there are millions of people who agree with some of the stances he takes.

it wouldnt suprise me of stewart or colbert draws a hitler mustache on beck with him dunking a teabag in a cup a tea.

you can not convince me that there is any sanity in the leftist party in america you can not convince me they themselves do not wage a campaign of fear on anyone who doesnt think like they do- on anyone who is white christian or republican.

people like them is how mr obama and the pelosi got elected the rise of beck,palin and the teaparties is all do to the lefists propaganda compaign and that is the reason the have risen to the level they have- they are sick of it.

edit on 17-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Intersting, when the "right has a rally, it blows up the boards here on the ATS. However when the left does it, eh, no big deal, the double standard continues as always....no news here, just more he said she said from the left.

This is not a rally "from the left". Neither Stewart or Colbert are representing any political party or ideology. Maybe you think of them as being "from the left" because they are intelligent and don't use folksy language?

Elaborate on why this is a double standard. I suspect your logic makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
biggest reason this isnt blowing up the ats reply count is the simple fact you people say jon stewart or colbert the majority of people will go " who" ?

beck has more viewership for the simple fact there are millions of people who agree with some of the stances he takes.

Hmm....

This summer's numbers show that Jon Stewart has 2.2 million viewers (up 9% from last year) and Colbert has 1.5 million viewers (also up 9% from last year).

Glenn Beck's April numbers (which is what turned up on a Google search) showed that he had 1.77 million viewers (down about 7% from the previous year).

Stewart/Colbert numbers
Beck numbers

So no, that's probably not what's going on

you can not convince me they themselves do not wage a campaign of fear on anyone who doesnt think like they do- on anyone who is white christian or republican.

Does that include the many white christian liberals I know?

edit on 9/17/2010 by americandingbat because: because I seem to be incapable of typing Jon instead of John

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

people like them is how mr obama and the pelosi got elected

The majority of people don't know or care about Stewart or Colbert, but it's because people like them that "Obama and Pelosi got elected", despite Beck having "more viewership" and millions of people agreeing with him.

Great logic you got there. Makes perfect sense... if you're a Glenn Beck viewer.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
dingbat

yeah hmmmmm

last time i checked jon stewart or colbert just had a tv show

last time i checked beck has a website, a magazine and tv show and radio your numbers are flawed.

kerbdune,

yeah it does make perfect sense for the simple fact there are millions who agree with beck.

the only problems with you leftists is you wish you had the base that they do

you people wish you had half a resonating message that any sane person or logical person can agree with.

the biggest reason that he has grown so popular with people are the sick and tired of all the bs that comes from the left and by the bs labeling of " bigots", "racists","radicals","islamophobes", "nazis"

its pretty clear that neither of you two have never listened to a word beck as said to quote him specifically he is about " hope" "faith" charity" about respect others beliefs regardless whether we agree with them or not.

and apparently all you leftists do have problems with treating other people as a "human being"
the anger, vitriol, hatred and non stop animosity.

all you leftists cry about civil liberties,racism, equality etc. towards "minorities"

but you give none to any white,christian, or conservative.

there are bigots and racists from the left and it is on display every single day in america and im not talking about ethnicity im talking about the white,conservative,christian and rich.

you people are guilty of the very same things you denounce the republicans and teaparties and beck and palin for.

bah on both you all.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How ironic that you labeled me and another member "leftists" -- because we had the audacity of disagreeing with your previous post -- while at the same time you go on ranting about people who label and make ad-hominem attacks on Beck and his supporters.

The rest of your post should be used as a reference for anyone who wishes to know what strawman arguments look like.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KerbDune

strawman arguement- blah

ranting i havent even begun.

and yeah i used the term leftist for the simple fact anyone who has a problem with beck and palin and the teaparties ARE LEFTISTS.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

last time i checked beck has a website, a magazine and tv show and radio your numbers are flawed.

You have a point here. The direct comparison of TV ratings isn't really fair. Of course, Stewart and Colbert are both comedians, not political commentators, so the whole exercise is a bit skewed

As for the rest of your post, I'm not going to respond. I have never been anything other than polite to you on ATS, and don't appreciate having my posts "rebutted" with rantings that "you leftists" do nothing but make accusations of racism and bigotry.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Why all the hate neo?

Why do you even post here? Most members post here to debate. You only seem to post your opinion and won't ( by your own admission in this thread and many others) entertain any new ideas / opinions. Why this fixation on what you believe is a "liberal". There are many in the spectrum, between the left and the right, and I suspect most of us, have more in common then what differs.

I don't mean this as a flame, I'm just curious why you are wasting your time here other then to vent hate.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
9/11 in my opinion was an outside job, but something that I think was also an outside job, that I haven't seen anyone talk about is the 9/11 truth movement.

Think about it; lets say one of our enemies created these websites and helped spread these theories to weaken the trust of the USA government, it makes us weaker and divides us even more.

So I would say"9/11 was an outside job as well as the 9/11 conspiracy theories".

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
dingbat how does it feel? this is what every single conservative poster puts up with on a daily basis when they visit ats.

and your right 2 wrongs dont make a right but sometimes its a good thing to put the shoe on the other foot.

connector:
and hate? im not even close to what some people do on here.

dont take anything i said personally.

while ats does strive to be above the petty politics there are too many who are locked into the left- right paradigm including myself.

but ultimately everything is tied to it the threads that receive the most replies are always any one of them " hating" on the right.

im not saying its right but the leftist point of view on here is vast but its only not tolerated or liked when they get back what they give.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

That argument is on par with the childish "my team is better than yours" or "my god is better than yours" argument. And are the numbers even relevant to determine anything useful like who's telling the truth, who's stating the facts?

Britney Spears sells millions and millions of albums worldwide. She must be one of the greatest musicians of all time. Right?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Would have been a fine reply, except you started with:

dingbat how does it feel?

....and negated the rest.............

please don't reply, we've already went off topic too much. PM me if you wish. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KerbDune

and two so called "comedians" are stating facts eh

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

and two so called "comedians" are stating facts eh

I'm sorry, you're totally right. Everyone knows that no one has ever stated any facts doing comedy. Please proceed, you're too smart for me.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

dingbat how does it feel? this is what every single conservative poster puts up with on a daily basis when they visit ats.

It's also what every single liberal poster puts up with on a daily basis when they visit here, neo.

There are plenty of people on both "sides" of the political spectrum on ATS who are too caught up in the divisive political rhetoric.

It's one of the major reasons I rarely post in political threads. I just don't see the point if the people who don't see things the same way as me will be just discarding everything I say on the basis that I identify myself as a "liberal".

I've learned a lot about "right-wing" political thought in my time here, but in the last couple months I'm learning less and less and seeing more and more arguments along the lines of "that's wrong because it's liberal." That doesn't help me understand someone else's point of view at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

im sorry to disagree but like i have said before liberals have always dished out more than they take.

i honestly think you need to rexamine what a real liberal is because it is far short of what the party is today.

the same can be said for conservatives.

and your right in the fultity of posting nothing you or i will change anything that goes on in this country and it definately will not change anyone elses minds.

i am going to disagree with what you think you have learned about "right wing" on a conspiracy site for the simple fact of the nature of the site.

to me i dont see how anyone on your side can think a big government with unlimited power and welfare and dependency is the best thing in the world. and if you look back to the beginning of "liberalism" in america
that is nothing of what it is even suppose to be and agian the same that can be said about the right.

the liberal name has been hijacked by the democrats so there will be the anger towards you.- doesnt make it right but it does justify it for some.

im going to guess your a younger person one piece of advice if your going to continue with " political talk" develop a thicker skin especially on the internet.

i honestly do beleive that if your looking for insight into the opposite poltiical mindset ats is not the place to be doing it. most belief systems here on ats are set in stone but then agian if you truly beleive in what you think you will not bow your own beliefs to some annoymous person on the internet.

my self some ideals are set in stone and some are ever evolving.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

We're way off-topic. I'll send a u2u.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Nevermind for my post.. Some of the terminology in the post I was replying to made me think the poster was saying something different

edit on 17-9-2010 by Miraj because: See post contents

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join