It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert to rally in D.C.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
I was disappointed that John Stewart used 9/11 truthers as an example of extremist irrational radical views held by a polarized population.

Why; 99% of the 9/11 conspiracy theories have been debunked. I support these two men and if I lived near there I would be out with them. The 9/11 truths are radical.(right or wrong).

Oh really? Are you that Naive?

I got a list of professionals that state that 911 official story is bunked.

www.scientistsfor911truth.org...

www.AE911truth.org...

www.militaryofficersfor911truth.org...

firefightersfor911truth.org...

email all these guys and say it has been debunked!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KerbDune

Um Jon Stewart is far-left as far as i can remember unless he finally changed his mind after Obama.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Ah, another thread degrades into "You Leftists".

Well, what's wrong with being a leftist? Should we do something about all these leftists? Perhaps throw them all out out of the country.

As usual it's "You people are evil, dumb and silly". Yet, I see no real solutions offered from most of you. Just whining.

It's a spoof rally. Why are you offended? Liberals get made fun of everyday and called evil all the time. Just turn on Limbaugh for twenty minutes. Beck is too well paid to be offended, trust me. And yes, I know Beck is better than me because he makes X amount of dollars while I just work on pushing out a kid.

QQ More.

edit on 18-9-2010 by antonia because: rawr

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
when talking about ratings for the Beck's TV show. Remember it is on at 5pm est. Most of the right wingers are working to support the 1/6th of america who are living off of the government, and cannot watch.

edit on 18-9-2010 by thinline because: Just woke up but my spelling and grammer did not

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well said. What's even better is the post right after yours, just driving the point home.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Will the tea party protesters show up? I would guess yes...hmmm.

I doubt it.

This won't get much play in the media. Well .. perhaps MSNBC.
That's in bed with Obama and the far left.
No media = small gathering.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I was disappointed that John Stewart used 9/11 truthers as an example of extremist irrational radical views held by a polarized population.

Why; 99% of the 9/11 conspiracy theories have been debunked. I support these two men and if I lived near there I would be out with them. The 9/11 truths are radical.(right or wrong).

Debunked by who? How can you debunk something that is factual? You can't debunk what is not bunk to begin with. You can't skin a cat that's already skinned. Do you get me, sweetheart?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Left leaning =/= Far Left

Despite what Fox news says.. he very routinely criticized and continues to do so on Obama... Since his campaign trail.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i see this backfiring.

ironic hipsters are not likely rto show up in numbers, and then glen beck can pretend like his audience is a true majority.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Mr. Stewart just says what those holding his leash tell him to say.

If you are told to say something and your continued employment with a large salary,
nice house, and such are tied to it, most ppl can be bought.

Some ppl can be bought pretty cheaply.

If 6 of the 10 ppl sitting on the 911 commission think there is a cover up and are willing
to say that in public, good odds some are not saying for fear of their jobs and or
just being ridiculed for it.

Fear is a powerful motivator.

The official poll numbers put most of the ppl on the planet int he camp of the official
story being a lie.

With all the lies that came before the 911 official story its quite possible.

The fact that the government had to be coerced into an investigation by 3 widows
of ppl killed in the towers shows there was something to hide.

More money was spend on the Lewinsky scandal investigation than on the 911 one.

So it is pathetic and obvious.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Ex_MislTech because: grammar

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
9/11 was an outside job, done by israel. Of course you wont see john stewart talking about that cause he's jewish and almost all of his guests are jewish. lol. They are funny and I watch them sometimes. I did not like when colbert had shows in Iraq, in saddams palaces for the troops. I thought that was a little much.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
he's jewish and almost all of his guests are jewish. lol.

Really? "Most" of his guests are Jewish?

Can you prove that?

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Existing Thread already here:

Rally to Restore Sanity

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Your denial is radically out of touch with reality. That's all. It's okay, the German people loved Hitler, too. There is reason Nazi comparisons are so rampant today. You know what they say about history: those who don't remember it are doomed to repeat it. Never heard that one?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

the German people loved Hitler, too. There is reason Nazi comparisons are so rampant today

Yes, because American schools have taught that Hitler was the only bad guy ever, and idiots just LOVE to use it in all sorts of inappropriate ways.

Godwins law and all.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
Yes, because American schools have taught that Hitler was the only bad guy ever, and idiots just LOVE to use it in all sorts of inappropriate ways.

Or maybe because he successfully manipulated millions of people into loving him while he carried out false flags and genocide of millions of others?

And somehow a bunch of idiots fell for it?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by justadood

Or maybe because he successfully manipulated millions of people into loving him while he carried out false flags and genocide of millions of others?

And somehow a bunch of idiots fell for it?

i dont deny the comparison is apt when kept vague.

im saying its a tired, counter-productive cliche that keeps people arguing historical context instead of the present-day facts.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

You know what hasn't been debunked?

The fact that the US defense budget is higher than all the world nations combined, and the fact that this defense system was not able to neutralize some passenger jets with no defense capabilities.

Question: where does all that money go to?

Components| |Funding| |Change, 2009 to 201
Total Spending $685.1 billion +3.0%

en.wikipedia.org...

That is a lot of billions, and it couldn't defend the US against passenger Jets?? WOW, if you believe this BS, that a passenger jet can do this much damage to the US, then you must believe 1 fighter jet can bomb US in and out.

Come back to reality, or keep sleeping if you can't handle it..

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I just resigned from my last job, and my brother recently got let go of his.

We are seriously considering making the trip (from Austin, TX).

Is there any chance that this is the next presidential duo in 2012?!
[*cough* should we be here *snicker*]

Seriously, is there? I'd vote for'em (The two most brilliant minds (at least, voiceboxes) of the time (writers=cabinet))

Only place I get my 'news', these days. Most important hour of TV a day!

edit on 9/28/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Although I don't exactly believe this, I had been suspicious of late...

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert have been getting RIDICULOUS amounts of press for a couple of guys hoping to draw an audience of maybe 100k. A lot of big time political insiders started showing up on TDS with Stewart before and after the announcement, Colbert got to testify in Congress (and got more attention for it than George Carlin- a much greater subversive intellect).

Basically I have had to wonder if this rally to restore sanity isn't just code for being afraid of your fellow citizens more than your government and wishing for a return to politics as usual, it's just a cheap attempt to claim the moral high ground and the center by telling jokes instead of talking about policy, or maybe even a setup to test the waters and be sure that the youth aren't ready to riot?

But not to give too much mystery and power to the enemy, it is entirely possible that this is just a very pleasant, perhaps slightly naive movement that can, in earnest, begin the slow climb back to where our civilization used to be.

But if that were true, I wouldn't put it past someone to show up with a brick and try to ruin it for us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join