It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Children (Warning Graphic Mature Truth)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
While watching this video it occurred to me that many members of ATS live their lives unaware of the tragedy happening to the most precious children on the planet, their existence is in far greater risk than the mundane simple difficulties facing children in the rest of the world, their plight is not about being left out on a Friday night dance or being called names by insensitive class mates and peers.

These children are not at risk because they have fears of failing grades or lack of the more stylish clothes. They do not worry about which program to watch or what awaits them under the tree on Christmas morning. Their birthdays come and go and for many the knowledge of their parents as well as the day, month or even year of their birth are non existent.

These children do not have the luxury of crocodile tears, they cannot even cry when the worst happens to them or worse the ones they love, dare to love. No, these children are the ones that God has forsaken, or has he? Without the awareness of their lives in jeapordy, how can their prayers be answered other than through us, the world?

As they raise their voices in prayer, as they sing and dance to the divine, it is our job to take those prayers to the Heavens for them and allow their prayers to be heard, their challenges solved.

Please sit back for a short while and watch this video, let it penetrate your very core, and if the tears flow, allow the tears to flow not only from your eyes, but from your very soul, for them cry until the tears are no more.

id=VideoPlayback video.google.com... style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash>

Thankyou, without every voice in the world, this terrible tragedy will continue.

edit on 12-9-2010 by antar because: Edit because I cannot get the google video to work for some reason, I switched to Youtube, but it is in fragments, I will keep trying.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Is that the right video link? It's kinda long and from what I saw doesn't relate to the topic you are talking about. Didn't watch the whole thing, just skipped around.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
video.google.com...

Lets see if this works, dont know what happened...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ok the above google video should work, thanks for your patience. I was watching the video The Global Brain and for some reason it was the link I first posted in the Op. You try and make a decent post after watching this video. Like the 3 young men in the video documentary I was not prepared to think straight before making a thread on this information. I do however like the way they did the film and hope only the best for them and their important work. The danger they face is intense and it is not certain that they will make it back alive each time they go to Africa.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Look I stopped at 1:15 because I have seen that story, with little variation, many times before and right now...today my heart just can't. When I watch these kinds of videos that speak of the travesties going on in some third world countries I get sick to my stomach.
Sick because I do not know what to do. I mean okay you want me to donate but what about the stories, that we see every once in a while, about charities who abuse their donations? Then what? Well a paranoid person like me feels like I would never be any good to the people of these conditions unless I was there in person. But WHY???????

Why does the government not do this? There are government officials over there with humongous houses. What are they doing over there?!
So in the end I guess you are right...all we can do is weep a thousand times over for the youth of these places that live work and breath in these conditions.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.....I fear that sort of thing happens far too often in far too many places around the globe. The saddest part is that we never even hear about them. As Adults we sure mess up things for the youth of this world sometimes.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
At some point the documentary asks that same question of those who "Can't watch"... have to try to forget, rather than do something. If you cannot watch this genocide of the youth, then how can you help it to end?

Near the end of the film the precious young boy who thinks that as soon as the 3 men go back to America, they too will forget, has seen people come, people destroyed by what they have seen, but nothing changed, at some point the boy must have seen reality as it is, that people are far more comfortable not knowing, whining about how sensitive they are to it all and too soon just finding the way to forget.

No, these children don't need our pity, they need the entire world to rise up and stop the madness, the total chaotic insanity.

It is immoral, illegal and unconscionable, and if it can happen here, it can happen anywhere, all that is needed is for everyone to be trained to turn their heads, look away.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Near the end of the film the precious young boy who thinks that as soon as the 3 men go back to America, they too will forget, has seen people come, people destroyed by what they have seen, but nothing changed, at some point the boy must have seen reality as it is, that people are far more comfortable not knowing, whining about how sensitive they are to it all and too soon just finding the way to forget.

That bit of the film really sticks with you..... You can just feel his hopelessness. It's a painful look at yourself in the mirror afterwards. We all do it on some scale, ignoring the plight of those around us.

link   
[dbl post]

edit on 12-9-2010 by pavil because: (no reason given)

link   

GULU, UGANDA
The tot rushes around the campsite, getting in everyone's way. He wants to be picked up and twirled around like an airplane. He was found last month during a battle between the Ugandan Army forces and the rebels and brought to this center for ex-combatants. Nameless, and presumed to be an orphan, he was christened "Innocent" by the troops who found him.

There are hundreds like him: children born in captivity to young abducted girls and their "husbands" – commanders of the rebel Lord's Resistance Army (LRA). It is estimated that some 15,000 boys and girls have been abducted by the LRA during the 16 years of on again-off again civil war here.

They are hauled off from classrooms, pounced upon at a drinking well, even dragged out of bed at night – then forced to carry the rebels' equipment, prepare food, serve as concubines, and, eventually, carry guns, abduct others, and fight for the rebel cause. Many have been released or escaped over the years, but thousands remain with the rebels and more are kidnapped every day. They are at once both the children and the enemies of this community.

Uganda's operation "Iron Fist," launched five months ago, was intended to flush the rebels out of their southern Sudanese bases once and for all – and allow safe passage back home to the abducted child troops. It has not worked out that way.

"Yesterday's abductees are today's brainwashed fighters," says Geoffrey Kalebbo of World Vision, a Christian aid organization which runs the ex-combatant rehabilitation camp in Gulu. "Perhaps they are unable to escape. But maybe they don't want to leave anymore. They feel they belong there."

Holy water and hand grenades
These abducted children are part of a bizarre guerrilla outfit led by a former altar boy turned self-proclaimed prophet named Joseph Kony. Their mission is to overthrow the government of President Yoweri Museveni, install a new leadership which will rule by the Ten Commandments, and restore honor to the marginalized Acholi people of the north – the very same group they come from, and now prey upon.

Splashing themselves with "holy water" before battle in order to become invisible to the enemy, and armed for years – by the Sudanese government in Khartoum – with the most modern equipment, these youngsters have wreaked havoc on northern Uganda, burning homes, looting, and hacking off lips and ears of suspected government collaborators. Close to half a million people have been displaced during this long war and the economy here is paralyzed.

"Sometimes three people could rape one little girl," says a former LRA fighter with wild eyes. "Sometimes we could burn down a whole village, and sometimes we could stomp on someone to death."

www.csmonitor.com...

This is not real recent news but funny thing is, there are only spuratic reports from even the most involved monitors of this ugly situation against children.

Maybe some of the worst years have been since the documentaries came out? It seems they see these beautiful little children like rats, a pestulance to be used, one generation brainwashing the next out of pure fear and an evil sense of survival.

While watching the film I have to admit there were times I wondered if the ones to die were the lucky ones? Or will hope ever come to them? Will this terror ever end and leave them to begin new futures, futures filled with education, love and security?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Oh how right you are, we are all guilty on one level or another of this. Yes I agree. It is why meditation , love and compassion are so important because without those qualities we are a planet destined for at best a Global suicide.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

It is immoral, illegal and unconscionable, and if it can happen here, it can happen anywhere

I live in US and even in the worst ghetto and trailer parks there is some sense of reason. People still watch over children here. There are horrible things that happen here to children but we are constantly working to eradicate that. Now with that being said what exactly do you propose? I think instead of donating to a charity we need to start at the source...the government. I think some of these places like Liberia for instance should relinquish control to maybe a higher power because they are clearly not getting it.

Watch this video all the way through...tell me how you feel and YOUR idea for helping these people?
I'm not sure what pisses me off more the nupping(napping) or the complete disregard for life civilization and humanity(i.e. the boy's tale of rape).

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It is a hard issue to look at, but if we look we will open our hearts and our minds to bring solutions and progress they have a chance.

God I fear for the survivors of the PLA, they are so twisted that to bring them into society is going to be certain death for at least a couple generations to come.

There will be exceptions for sure, but man, the things they have been terrorised to see, feel, experience would make even the most sane go crazy mad.

If this all stopped today, tomorrow would still be an uncertainty for the little ones, but it has to start, the funding for the Iraq war could have created change, real difference for the little ones. the whole world should step in and take out the rebels. They are just breeding one generation after another of killers, insane evil murderers without conscious.

You would think that by going in and creating strong holds, with an abundance of world wide aid, to the cities and towns most in need , at least the ball would get rolling. Close out the rebels from any and all funding and commerce, eventually they run out of bullets and food. Chopping innocent kids arms and legs off needs to be punished yes, but it first needs to be stopped.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have watched part of it, none of your links worked, maybe this one will. I will comment later when I finished watching the video, what I have seen so far is difficult to watch, sad and tragic.

video.google.com...#

edit on 12-9-2010 by Aquarius1 because: link

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Meh....Fudge em. I have more sympathy for stray cats.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

God I fear for the survivors of the PLA, they are so twisted that to bring them into society is going to be certain death for at least a couple generations to come.

One only has to look at the children-soldiers of the "blood diamond" regions to see how F'ed up those kids are going to be.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Governments have to change. Those in power are evil and inhuman. To allow such atrocities to happen is mind boggling. What kind of world do we live in where human beings treat other human beings like this? There is no excuse. These vids didn't help my anxiety and depression and I doubt I'll sleep anytime soon, but I have come to comment and hope that others will see this thread, listen and learn.

The videos are heart wrenching and profound. There are too many horrors all over the world, too many humans who do not deserve the title of human as they are clearly something else. The evil people who do these things deserve to die. They have taken precious lives and ruined many others.
All these atrocities need to end!!

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh man ! Why did I click? I'm really scidish about watching things that involve kids.
I lose it so completely. Just hearing about kids getting hurt or sick. Hurts my ears
and I feel this pain shoot thru my mid section. Alright here goes.

Governments have to change. Those in power are evil and inhuman. To allow such atrocities to happen is mind boggling. What kind of world do we live in where human beings treat other human beings like this? There is no excuse. These vids didn't help my anxiety and depression and I doubt I'll sleep anytime soon, but I have come to comment and hope that others will see this thread, listen and learn.

It is the world we chose to have along time ago. It is a workl with out God.
You may not like that answer but it is my final answer. These things happen only because of us.

edit on 12-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thank you, I am going to have a hard time watching these, and its so hard to believe we live in a world where this could happen to even one. I will watch these slowly, over today and tomorrow, have been insulating myself against the news for some time, due to it being horrific.

But if this discussion can come up with ideas, I'll gladly watch this thread.

One of things suggested by a friend was that in ever town we started small at first, growing a little larger, peace groups, that involved issues of NWO, and the Bankers, and pyramid system that impoverishes and enslaves many. Many countries are like Phillipines and run like a giant mafia where people are devalued and murdered without qualm, and the children are in so much pain.

Africa is the symbol for this planet.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Just finished watching, I was NOT aware of the situation in Liberia, west Africa. It is filled with canabalism, rape, sodomy, vile and filthy prostitution for less than a dollar,and children chosing herion, cocain, crack, marijuana over all else because they have no future.

I think about how all it took was for them to see 80% unemployment, an internal war, here in the US the numbers are in my oppinion fudged , seriously fudged and if the bottom drops out of the dollar how long before we see this kind of life happen here, to our children to our people?

When was the documantary made do you know?

They talked about the Un leaving in less than a year as if that was going to be the trigger for the rebels to begin an all out assalt in the streets.

Also the women interviewd said that the UN had violently raped children and caused more pain and suffering than they did good. I just wonder if the Un will do the same where ever in the world they are called upon to help when a country or region hits rock bottom and the UN is called in.

I know that one thing I have always said is that awareness needs to be brought to these terrible conditions worldwide, that without it there is no hope for them and what happens to them eventually happens to everyone.

Tonight I sit in a state of new awareness, a personal awareness of the reality I have ignored, chose not to see, I dont have any answers for you pacinupgoin, I realy dont, all I can say is that when I see documentaries like these it makes me realize how trivial my own complaints really are, how vein and shallow my perceptions of the world have become.

The documentary was enthralling and kept me glued to the edge of my seat, I have such respect for the man who did it, at the end as I watched general Buttnaked, the EXACT same questions came to my mind as he addresses , the same, and I still hold reservations on the side of serious caution when it comes to the psycomaniac turned Christian Faith Healer.

The only way anything could ever change for the people in the beach communities, wow, will never happen, so as far as it goes, AIDS will probably wipe the majority out. I mean come on resusing dirty thrown in the crapper rubbers? NO electricity or running water, no resources at all and YET they choose to stay there rather than head over to where the women, all middleage to older, kind of odd are frantically praising Jesus.

It was ALL very creepy to me but I would have to choose the Jesus crowd over the other, but man they were really trying hard to keep the ego of Buttnaked in check so that he doesnt go crazy and kill them all. Like metioned in the Vid, if and when war does break out, my bet is that the General will go back to his old ways and just say he is a back slider...

Thank you, I will have to look deeper into this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join