It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Children (Warning Graphic Mature Truth)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Did you get that link to work? I cant get any of them to work now. I guess it can be viewed on YouTube but it is better on google if possible because it is all in one.

Thanks for trying sweetie...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I agree and have thought that so many times while watching both videos. I am telling you the lower portals have bust open in the past 20 years and people think that "Oh its happening over there, to them" But it is just a precursor to the hell on earth headed in every direction. Like a pebble cast into a pond, the rings move outward.

There are things we can do and I loved the energy of the poster, sorry, who stated that new forms of Governments need to happen, they do but as you would agree, it has to be a TOTALLY new kind of consciousness that does, and these lower astral lover politicians dont want that! They would rather kill us all including the Planet than to see the bliss available become a reality.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Look in the second video its not so much about the drugs, its the type of drugs being brought in, if the scientists could create good drugs, I mean ones without the side effects such as we saw in the video, and they can, and distribute them freely to all the junkies, to the desparaged, something real could happen, a totally different kind of something. It is possible. The drugs would have to be the first step.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'd like to share a personal story about the children of Gulu. Every year our church Stony Point Presbyterian takes a mission trip to a little village outside of Kampala Uganda called Jinja. We helped build and fund an orphanage there called Canan Childrens Home.

Each time we go one of my very good friends along with heavily armed guards risk their lives to go into Gulu and rescue these children. Once the children are with them they begin their new life in the childrens home. I'd like to share the email he sent back home from Gulu in 2005.

I've learned that an email sent from Uganda describing my time in the war zone actually never made it to you all ­ I guess it's still floating around in cyberspace somewhere. Sorry about that! At the risk of infringing on the emails that you're continuing to receive from those who are still in Uganda (and because I'm getting lots of calls every day asking about this!), I thought maybe I should hit the highlights of my trip away from the team.

Some of you may know that after the team arrived and settled in at Canaan, I then headed north to spend about a week in the Ugandan war zone. My main goal was to try to get a few orphans out of the war zone, and back down safely to Canaan.

In case it wasn't clear from the earlier emails, we were successful in bringing three children back - two boys and a girl - Morris (age 9), Bosco (age 7), and Brenda (supposedly age 4, but she seems younger than that to me). This "extraction" was as tricky as I thought it might be, but for very different reasons. You'll forgive me if I don¹t go into great detail, but there's a need to protect several Ugandans who were crucial in the process of getting these children out. What I can say is that without the help of these loving people, there is absolutely no way this could have been pulled off.

When some Ugandan authorities learned that I was interested in getting orphans out of the war zone, their initial concern was that I was attempting to take the children for "sacrifice" ­ something still practiced in Uganda. Once they understood that I wasn't out to harm or sell the orphans, I probably could've gotten permission to take 10,000, if we'd had the room.

Identifying which children to take was just as difficult as you would think it would be. Compiling a list of children most desperately "in need" was hard enough; ­ trimming that list down to three (the maximum number we could take for several reasons) was something I never, ever want to do again. That said, I'm convinced that Morris, Bosco, and Brenda were the three that God would have us rescue this time.

Regarding the war zone itself, it is still a dangerous place. My first night there, rebels killed a man across the street from where I was staying (he was supposedly targeted by the rebels, labeled as a "traitor"). Although I never saw any active rebels (I did talk to several former rebel leaders), their presence was very evident. As an example (if you have a soft heart, please skip the rest of this paragraph), the first child we identified as a "possibility" to bring back was a little girl under the age of two whose parents had been killed with machetes by the rebels. The girl was found in her hut, alive, trying to nurse on her dead mother. She immediately became #1 on our list and we moved as quickly as possible, but at the same time I learned we could get permission to take her, I learned she had just died.

While in the war zone, I had a chance to visit three different IDP (internally displaced people) camps. These are camps set up by the Ugandan government as "safe zones" ­ very crowded areas that are protected by the Ugandan army. The camps I visited had anywhere from 17,000 to 30,000 people. Although the conditions there are deplorable, I met a pastor who was genuinely thrilled that God has seen to set up these camps. "Aren't they wonderful?" he kept asking me. I have to admit that at first I didn't really see anything all that "wonderful". Then he explained: "I've been a pastor in this area for all of my life, wanting to reach these people. They've practiced animism, infant sacrifice and many other things for centuries. But because they're all spread out in the jungle and bush across this region, there's no way I could find them, much less talk to them about God's love. But see what's happened? God has brought them all in one place where I can preach to them!" Talk about having a different perspective!

I also got to spend time with "night commuters". These are children living in the outlying bush areas, who walk into town each night (up to a 2-hour walk each way) looking for a safe place to sleep. The first night commuter camp I visited held 220 girls, all happy as clams to be there, singing and praising God the entire time. The next night, I was asked if I wanted to visit a "real" night commuter's camp. Hmmm...I thought I already had, but agreed. This time I was taken to an outlying area, where several very large tents were set up. This particular night there were 3,751 children staying in these tents. Even while I was staring at this sea of children, I refused to believe what I was seeing. And once again, the children were being cared for and nurtured by Ugandan Christians, doing the best that they could do to help. Despite the fact that no meals are served at these camps (meaning none of the children ever get dinner or breakfast), these kids sang praise songs with more energy than I could ever muster, well into the night.

Finally, I got some pretty good video of all of this. In addition to footage of the IDP camps, night commuters, Gulu, etc., I taped interviews with the head Gulu government official, three teens and two young children who'd been formerly abducted by the LRA, two former LRA high-ranking officers, and best of all, a long interview with Betty Bigombe, who is the only negotiator between the Ugandan government and the LRA (she has meet with rebel leader/terrorist/cannibal/ Joseph Kony 12 different times). Stay tuned to see what happens with these videotapes.

Our trip out of the zone was flawless. We told the various village chiefs to have the children ready to be picked up, along with all their belongings packed up and ready to go. (Their belongings turned out to consist of only the clothes they were wearing, with one exception. Brenda had brought her toy with her ­ a bottle cap from a Fanta orange drink.) We picked up each of the three children (who did not know each other before that morning), and made a "run for the border" with several necessary documents in our possession (some of them actually legitimate).

And you know most of the rest of the story. As you read the emails from Uganda, it's clear that these three new ones are settling in. They will undoubtedly have a big adjustment to make in the coming months. Pray that God will continue to bless these three as they continue in their new lives. So many things for them to adjust to ­ 3 meals a day, clean clothes, clean water, mosquito nets, medical care, a new school, and most of all, God's love exemplified by all those around them.

Thanks again for all of your love, support, and especially prayers. I have never felt so prayed for in my entire life as I did while up in the war zone. Again, thank you all!

Thank you antar for making the people of ATS aware of the "invisible children". With the brutality of this story I thought you would enjoy seeing a little brighter side.

Kindly,
Pax

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The first video is an uninformative self-serving wank, which ends with close-ups of one of the three Americans it's about vomiting.

No way am I going to look at the rest after that repulsive waste of time.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

It worked on google when I first brought it up, but couldn't finish watching it at the time, when I tried again wasn't working..will try tomorrow, if not guess it's youtube.

Edit to add, if you go to google.com and click on videos and type in the name of the video it works that way opposed to using a link.

Important thread antar, the more reminders the better.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Aquarius1 because: Added text

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Brighter side? Ok I am almost blind with tears. Your pastors story touched my very soul. I may not be able to offer my prayers in time, but he has mine now and all of the precious lives he has touched and rescued.

Why is his story not front page news? Why is this happening ? I am just heart broken. are there any follow ups or links to his video mentioned int he e-mail?

Thank you so much for bringing this forward, thankyou is not enough.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailasa

You looked at the Youtube video then, it was only part one and yet the google video is the full length version uninterrupted.

I personally thought it was a very special documentary in that these three college boys were, well blessed and oblivious college boys readying for an adventure in humanity, if you go further in the documentary you discover along with them that it was much more dire a situation, much more emotional than they or the viewers expected.

I do not know what you had hoped or expected to find in the videos, but please continue on and watch the full length. Humanity is on the brink of a global suicide and it starts when the least of our brethren suffer like the millions of children are RIGHT NOW.

In the end it will up to you to either pass this information along to others who have been blinded by what they perceive the world to be from their cozy and little lives, or to simply forget the information, keep it to yourself and move on to what you'll be having for dinner tonight or what new movie to go see on the weekend.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I wondered last night and now again if ATS is flooding that particular video? Is that possible? If so wonderful, I mean to say that the exposure is what is needed.

I will be honest, I am so humbled by this thread, I have no words to describe what is going on right now for me. You see I too have been on the peripheral of the plight, and kept the children invisible from my heart, now there is no turning back. My feelings are so hurt, so devastated. What can I do? Where do I go from here?

edit on 13-9-2010 by antar because: Edit to say this response is for and to paxnatus as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I already have some idea from the children I've sponsered who have disappeared, and the research I've done to try and find out what happened to them.

But I still refuse to watch videos made by wankers who film close-ups of themselves retching.

By the way, I recommend sponsering children through World Vision as one way we can do a little to help. - Although many charities have down sides, and someone might know of a better one than World Vision to go through.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Oh please do tell your story, what an enlightening experience to have lost contact with a sponsored child, i cannot imagine the empty feelings of helplessness.

Also again I have to say that the documentary really matures as it goes along and if you can get past the 'kids' wretching, it takes on a much more sobering direction shortly after that. The guys really deserve much more respect than to not go past, but it is your decission and one I realize you take responsibly and seriously.

I promise it really does change directions and is well worth the viewing.

Thankyou so much for reading and joining the thread. Did you see the comments above about the email from the pastor who went in to save 3 precious lives?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
As the sun rises and I look at the moon setting through the blooms at the tops of my bamboo, I think about how it is the same moon that the little children look at and use as a light to get to their safe locations in the dingy cellars, away from their families and mammas.

As we tuck our little ones in and watch as they say their prayers, lets not forget the little ones who will wake to hungry bellies and matted hair to face another day in their lives, here on our shared planet, part of our shared humanity.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

I live in US and even in the worst ghetto and trailer parks there is some sense of reason. People still watch over children here. There are horrible things that happen here to children but we are constantly working to eradicate that.

This is exactly right. Even the worst gangs in the US have a soft spot for children. They may occasionally exploit toward some end gain, but they also look out and protect them. In some cases that was the humble beginning for the gang. They formed in order to protect one another from harm in a tough neighborhood or tough home life.

What happens in these tribal wars is unthinkable and inhumane. They do not view these other tribes as humans. They treat them worse than animals. They treat them as pests. They treat them the way we are used to treating infestations of cockroaches or rodents. They want them eradicated from the landscape without mercy to allow their own tribe to prosper. I can't imagine how anyone could look at another human being and be that cold. Actually I can imagine it, because if I were ever in the presence of somebody intentionally torturing or killing a helpless child, that person would start to look like a cockroach to me, and I would take my time pulling their legs off one at a time until they were dead.

Now, on a more hopeful note. I have posted my prayer experience before, and I don't mind saying that God has occasionally answered my prayers instantly. It never hurts to ask God for an answer, and sometimes you might just get the answer.

When my youngest child was suffering and struggling for life and I was losing all faith and struggling with my own humanity. One day there were too many tragedies around the world and in my personal life. I watched a video similar to this one, the jet crashed in San Diego and killed a working man's family in their own home, and my son had some major setbacks. I asked God why it could happen this way. I was blasphemous and I demanded an answer, and I was ready to turn my back on society and resort to my animalistic nature. God immediatelty gave me an answer I didn't like. I asked, I demanded, I threatened, and in my heart I instantly "knew" that everyone gets "what they ask for, or what they need." I didn't like that answer, nobody asks to be tortured or abandoned, or die at birth, and again I got the answer, "yes they do." "Some souls need to 'feel' pain. Their soul needs anguish. Others might just need to be held in a mother's arms one time. Maybe they never got that, and once they get it, they are ready to move on. Others may need to maim and kill and play that role before they can forgive or live in peace. Nobody is 'innocent' and everybody either gets what they ask for or what they deserve." Tough answer for me to swallow, and that is how I know it was an answer from God. My own mind could never have jumped to that conclusion. It came immediately into my heart and mind as soon as I demanded the answer from God, so I believe it. I still don't like it, and I still don't mind playing my own role, but I don't suffer quite as much when I watch these types of videos. All of that suffering is serving some purpose that I may not understand, but is necessary in some way.

Another pertinent perspective from ATS:

The Egg

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by getready already

On one level yes I understand where you are coming from but on another I have to warn you against complacency and turning your head because it does not directly affect you.

Propaganda will give you ideas such as you have too, it can make 'them' seem like it is simply their lot, but 'they' are crying out for help from the world community and that help is not forthcoming and that is all of our responsibility.

The bottom line is that it is part of the Global Genocide, the intentional act of allowing entire continents to be cleared of the people for gain, that is the real truth, not that God allows this as a lesson or to help them to become all that they can be in his eyes, they have done nothing other than to be born into a place in time which is a hellish nightmare created by humans under the diabolical control of the lords of the underworlds.

America is young, it is being set up the same as what is happening in the locations in this thread, we are the vermin that God is reading for the same experience. You love your child, and then one day your child must face this type of despair and hopelessness?

If we allow this to continue, if we do nothing to stop this bitter human tragedy, it will circle the entire globe, no child will live in peace and security, what happens to one eventually happens to all.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I agree, we shouldn't just turn a blind eye, but then again outsiders are pretty helpless. These people are warring within their own communities and it has been ongoing for centuries. Outsiders don't understand it, and the only way to truly stop it would be with overwhelming force, and we see how well that turned out in Israel/Palestine, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq!

Following the teachings of Stephen Covey and the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, I can only worry about the things within both my "circle of concern" and my "circle of influence." Even within the US there are travesties that I would not stand for if I were personally affected, but I am not willing to sacrifice my own time, energy, and possibly freedom or life to go fight for an anonymous stranger that is not fighting for theirself or their own community. I will continue to do everything possible within my circle of influence, and I will continue to pray for everything that concerns me that is outside my personal circle. If I ever attain a status that allows me to influence those other people, I will certainly attack it, or if one of those concerns ever falls within my personal space, I will certainly attack it. Until then, I keep my nose where it belongs, and I take care of me and mine.

Edit to add:
WWGD? G=Gandhi, LOL! Within these African tribes there are leaders. Those leaders have to decide if they have the means to fight, or if they have the support to abstain, or if they have to find some other solution. Gandhi did it, so they can do it too! They can continue to use the same inhumane tactics against their enemies and perpetrate the ongoing slaughter, or they can choose to ally with powerful forces outside their country, adopt higher standards of warfare, and begin to fix things, or they can choose peaceful protest and serve as sacrificial lambs refusing to perpetrate the violence and stand for peace even as they are starved and murdered until someone or some God takes pity upon them.

edit on 28-9-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Good solid advice its just hard sometimes to let the river of my heart flow freely when in moments of grattitude I also tune into the children in this thread and others suffering daily.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, This thread is absolutely amazing!

I've seen this documentary a while back. I was absolutely blown away, these children are absolutely amazing. They are hero's in my eyes. We could learn so much from them...there reality is so disturbing and they are living in a nightmare. The thing that inspires me is that despite this horror they make the best of what they have. They teach themselves, they play, they survive. Everything they deserve and don't have.... we have and take for granted. They are truly beautiful souls! I made a vow a long time ago when I first heard about these beautiful, strong children that I will find a way to help them. I will.

I truly enjoy your threads that I have read Antar! After reading some of them I grow to like you more and more even though I have never talked to you
that sounds kind of creepy. No creep intended, sorry.
This is a powerful thread! Thank you for sharing S & F!
edit on 2-11-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

Thankyou IZ, there is never a day which goes by that the thought of all the people in peril does not come to heart and mind. You know with all the exceptional experiences I have had in life especially the ET related ones, it is hard to think about where we have gone with our opportunities for true enlightenment. It is the same energy throughout history that allows this kind of tragedy to steer the ship and when this is not only allowed but pushed to the limits as in this video, I wonder why they don't just intervene.

People believe in God and yet can justify him allowing such insanity for the sake of free will, when it is free will which allows it to continue. The world could take responsibility and when I was a young girl I used to pray that one day I would become one of the financial elites so that I could make a difference, it was an illusion or an unrealistic fantasy on my part because as I grew up it became clear that it would not be allowed.

If we took the same amount of energy and created solutions, soul-outions, rather than use it for evil and wrong purposes, then this would be the Earth it was intended to be. This planet is one of the most beautiful and diverse in the Universe, it is a Utopia of immeasurable beauty and grace, yet it has become a living nightmare because of how it is being kept in a direct alignment to the dark forces which control the power hungry and greedy.

No, things are not whole and right for these children and for their futures, the immediate is one of the most potent survival levels in all of human history. Never before has man allowed such tragedy to fall on millions for so long. I wish I could tell you how you could help, the only thing that can help is for as many of us as possible, more so than ever before at one time, to reach our fullest spiritual potential, to reach our enlightenment and in doing so set everyone free.

edit on 2-11-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Beautifully said! I know... I sometimes just sit and wonder what I could do. I will lay in bed at night and feel so guilty for being able to have this comfortable moment when there are so many out there who do not. I try my hardest to stay positive and not give up hope that they will some day have the opportunities that I have taken for granted. I would give anything and everything so that those kids could even just have one night of feeling safe and comfortable. They are truly inspiring.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join