It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

You are only assuming she will want to dress up. If you organise for the evening to be casual beforehand then a date at these places is fine.

In terms of dressing up: women should be mindful that the way they dress will make an impression on the man they go out with. This might only be at a subconscious level but it will register. Notice I said the way you are dressed, not what you are wearing.

Respect is a two-way street. Respect is earned via character, not gender.

edit on 20/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: reworded

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by riley

You are only assuming she will want to dress up. If you organise for the evening to be casual beforehand then a date at these places is fine.

I'm a woman and I knows the ritual that goes with first dates.. and dressing up could be a nice shirt and light make up but subway is somewhere you could wear a tracksuit to. If she's fine with subway there'd be no problem (and it'd be fine for teenagers to go to) but thats not the point he was trying to make. You can have a free date if you go to a museum, or go on a nice boat ride, picnic etc.. going to the movies is acceptable but if he decides taking a grown woman to subway is all she's worthy of it it would be an insult. It's the difference between going to a cafe as a date.. or getting her a coffee out of a vending machine and calling it romantic. Treating a female like she's special is not sexist it's a very basic part of flirting and courtship in nearly all species.

In terms of dressing up: women should be mindful that the way they dress will make an impression on the man they go out with. This might only be at a subconscious level but it will register. Notice I said the way you are dressed, not what you are wearing.

Women are mindful that is why hey put effort into looking nice. You seemed to have missed my point.

Respect is a two-way street. Respect is earned via character, not gender.

Yet you can judge a woman's charactor by what she wears darkghost?

edit on 20-9-2010 by riley because: fixed quotes

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gammastate

what hypothetical scenario??
I do believe if you go through these threads, there one post on her where the lady says that she stay at home, makes everything from scratch, bakes her own bread, homeschools her kids, and on and on......
there are stay at home moms, and there are men who want their wives to remain at home...tending the home and kids...
so, well, if a women, at the husband's request, demand or just lack of willingness to take over some of those responsibilities finds herself playing the role.....well, then how is it unfair for her to reap half of whatever they've accumulated over the years of the marriage?? and, well, if it was his unwillingness to put in a little extra effort on the homefront that has caused her to remain out of the workforce for an extended period of time, well...then. maybe a little alimony is appropriate. since the workplace has changed during the extended period of time, she'll lack the experience that the employers are looking for, and well.....there's a good chance, that unless she's college educated.....she's gonna need some support from somewhere....
and so won't the kids.....

some of you guys, well, you should really consider moving to saudi arabia or something, ya know, where you are assured custody of the kids, regardless of whatever the circumstances are, and well, if your wife does up and leave you well, you wont have to worry about having to support her, since here family will probably kill her!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

You are a woman, but you are not all women. I am a man but I am not all men.

Mindful of how you dress, not what you wear.

I cannot judge a woman's character by the clothes she wears but I can tell much about her attitude towards attracting men. To cut a long story short, here is what I think:
A truly empowered woman relies on her personality, intelligence and humour to attract a mate - not her sex appeal.

edit on 20/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: reworded

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

A truly empowered woman relies on her personality, intelligence and humour to attract a mate - not her sex appeal.

Shouldn't you mean not just her sex appeal? I've got all of the above but using sex appeal as well does not detract from my other qualities. A truly empowered woman would not hide her sexuality for someone else's ideal.. not only would that be disempowering but repressing natural sexuality would make life kind of boring and i'ts psychologically unhealthy.

I personally don't like people only expressing their sexuality.. thats vey unhealthy too. There's so much more to the human experience than just sex.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Gee, there's that legal document called a Co-Habitation Agreement, not to be confused with a Pre-Nup. If you acquired or accumilated any valuable assets before marriage you can put them in a trust however this is covered in a Co-Habitation Agreement. Afew thousand dollars to a lawyer is nothing compared to the financial loses in any divorce.

However, a majority of couples that go in to marriage usually don't own any valuable assets and most couples still have a mortgage and numerous debts upon divorcing which is usually the main culprit for divorce in the first place, domestic violence rains in 2nd.

As I said in an earlier post, every couple should go to marriage counselling before actually getting married and all these things would be discussed before the big day but it was balked at by one of your male ilk. Gee, I wonder why?

Marriage is a partnership where you go in to it as equals and you come out of it as equals but the wives usually comes out of it at the lesser end of the stick than the husbands and it usually takes years for her to recuperate financially, a majority of the time she's financially crippled for life especially if there is a child needing life long care or there are 3 or more children involved.

A majority of men seem to think when they divorce, their ex wives and kids should be reduced to just the clothes on their back and no roof over their heads. This is called economic abuse and it's these types of husbands who are in over their heads in the family courts and balk at the judicial system then whinge about it years later.

Marriage counselling before marriage usually picks up these characteristics in the bridegroom to be and it would help save alot of women out there from making the biggest mistake of her life.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm done discussing this issue with you. I hope one day you can rise above the narrow-mindedness that continues to convince you that Men are the perpetual oppressors of Women. Maybe one day a man close to you will go through an experience that grants you the ability to empathise with him, and by extension, all Men in general.

-----------

reply to post by riley

That's not what I meant. Unfortunately, my level of motivation to continue this off-topic conversation has expired.

I'm done playing the role of the Oestrogen punching bag.

edit on 20/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling and grammar

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

You asked me a question and I found you a solution then you balk at that too. Typical!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Its also typical that an overall agreement will never come to fruition on this subject due to the emotional irrational reasoning women tend to cultivate; also with the combination of men's "insensitive" and masculine rhetoric women perceive as oppressive behavior, fanning the flames.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That's not what I meant. Unfortunately, my level of motivation to continue this off-topic conversation has expired.

I'm done playing the role of the Oestrogen punching bag.

What?

Oh I see I'm only argueing against a point of yours because my poor little head is flooded with oestrogen. If you want to debate thats fine.. but don't blame my homones because you can't handle basic common sense.

edit on 20-9-2010 by riley because: typos

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
A truly empowered woman would not hide her sexuality for someone else's ideal.. not only would that be disempowering but repressing natural sexuality would make life kind of boring and i'ts psychologically unhealthy.

Read what you typed here out loud. Now read it out loud replacing "woman" with "man" and "her" with "his". Does it still sound the same when the sex is substituted?

Here, I will do it here myself for others to try themselves:

A truly empowered man would not hide his sexuality for someone else's ideal.. not only would that be disempowering but repressing natural sexuality would make life kind of boring and i'ts psychologically unhealthy.

Every day men are demonised for this VERY reason. We are told we should be able to control ourselves, that we are pigs; that how women dress or behave should not influence how we respond to this stimuli. We are expected to respect the biological nature of women, but we are selfish tossers for expecting the same from women in return.

edit on 20/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I adore men - absolutely love them.
Women are pretty wonderful too but (to me), they can not replace a good man.
I am not a lesbian or perhaps I would think differently. I do not see the point lesbians have. They can be brutal and hardly understand women (unless they are exceptional men with a unique upbringing) Most men are NOT monogamous and it is a difficulty keeping faithful to one woman. Women are born faithful, as a rule. Of course their are exceptions but most lesbians marry for life.

When they live up to the hype men are the bravest, strongest and most noble creatures on the planet. I could not live without them.
Unfortunately there are very few of those men in this discussion.
What we have here are the rejects, the runts and the half women.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Humor me and explain why you feel this way... I think these "runts" "rejects" and "half women" want to hear as well as to why you feel there are few genuine men and women in this discussion.

edit on 20-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add to comment

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

What?

Oh I see I'm only argueing against a point of yours because my poor little head is flooded with oestrogen. If you want to debate thats fine.. but don't blame my homones because you can't handle basic common sense.

No, you misunderstood the metaphor. Read it again.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Ugh! What a horrible thing to say! It's just so heartbreaking and sad to see the women in these discussions are so freaking mean! Of course, they're mean to me, too, because I don't support their position that, as a women, I guess I'm expected to support. I can't believe how ugly some women can be in these male/female discussions.

Yes, men are mean, too, but I haven't seen the same wickedness and contempt coming from men. It makes me realize why some men hate women so much. I can't really blame them. They don't really understand us in the first place and then they get hit with something like this... Ugh!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

I will. not in this second but I will come back with my reply.
Let me say this for now. I will not stand by and allow a bunch of disgruntled misfits blame women for the sad state of the planet, and the poor reception some men get when they impose their will on others,

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

A truly empowered woman would not hide her sexuality for someone else's ideal.. not only would that be disempowering but repressing natural sexuality would make life kind of boring and i'ts psychologically unhealthy.
Read what you typed here out loud. Now read it out loud replacing "woman" with "man" and "her" with "his". Does it still sound the same when the sex is substituted?

I do not assume most men are naturally rapists so it sounds fine to me.

Nice try at snipping me completely out of context btw. You said women should not use sex appeal and you said they should watch what they wear (cover up) and I think there's nothing wrong with a woman showing cleavage or showing off her curves. It's natural self exprssion and harms no-one. Now you've completely disregarded that original point in order to pretend i was making a double standard about sexuality in general?. Did I say men should "watch what they wear" or say they should not use sex appeal? No. I was talking about CLOTHES and flirting.. and you cannot find a sexual mate without sexuality. People generally do not like to have sex with people they have no sexual attraction to.

No don't bother responding to me again- it's obvious you can't reply to me without misrespesenting my words and trying the "femnazi"/man hating angle. You've used this same tactic in your last few posts to me and I've had enough.

I do not hate men and I'm no longer going to partake in a thead that was most obviously created to encourage hatred towards women. I encourage other posters to do the same as quite fankly this thead is not worthy of a forum that is trying to deny ignorance. They are not interested in evolving discussion.. their agenda for this thead is clear and responding to it just feeds their hate machine.

edit on 20-9-2010 by riley because: edited for (LOTS of) typos and because I am boycotting this thead and don't want to do it in another reply. seems most of my post was ignored anyway which just proved my point..

edit on 20-9-2010 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Nice try. You said women should not use sex appeal and you said they should watch what they wear (cover up). Now you've completely disregarded my original point in order to pretend i was making a double standard. Did I say men should "watch what they wear" or say they should not use sex appeal? No. I was talking about CLOTHES.

Is this not your original quote?

You say this was in relation to what clothes a women decides to wear?

edit on 20/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Ugh! What a horrible thing to say! It's just so heartbreaking and sad to see the women in these discussions are so freaking mean! Of course, they're mean to me, too, because I don't support their position that, as a women, I guess I'm expected to support. I can't believe how ugly some women can be in these male/female discussions.

Yes, men are mean, too, but I haven't seen the same wickedness and contempt coming from men. It makes me realize why some men hate women so much. I can't really blame them. They don't really understand us in the first place and then they get hit with something like this... Ugh!

This is the overall point of the thread. The negative perception and animosity (some, not all) women have for men regardless of any situation or facts presented. Yes, it is sad and hopefully men and women can find eachother through the fog of a bred hatred called feminism.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I have a sneaking suspicion that rusethorcain is simply looking to provoke angry reactions from men as a way to disregard the points that are being raised. It's a nasty tactic but it can work.

Yes BH you are most certainly a true feminist, as the originators of the movement intended, you want equal rights for men and women, for people to be judged on what they can do and that's it. However you dare to say that some feminists want to pick and choose the best bits of equality and that makes you a target, betraying your gender by being even handed in your application of feminism. Although the very idea that a gender should stick together is in and of itself sexist.

So far none of the more extreme feminists have tried to address the valid concerns that have been raised, even though some of us raising these issues have remained calm and polite we simply get nothing but attacks. Well the only reason to attack someone over and over and avoid their points is because the attacker doesn't have a solid argument, so every time they attack it just further supports the concerns of some men here.

I think the reason we are seeing these attacks are because of a mixture of things. We might have some man haters but i think it's more that some feminists are scared that if they dare to say that men are in some areas treated unfairly that women will end up losing rights they have fought for. I think that's an understandable concern but it's slightly paranoid.

But hey what do i know, i'm an evil misogynist apparently!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join