It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
If you promote the equality of women, giving them the same rights as men but completely ignore areas where men are most certainly losing out then you are a hypocrite. This isn't equality, it's sexism plain and simple. At the same time to call anyone who dares to argue for the rights of both parties a sexist is simply ludicrous.

Where did you come up with the notion that she supports equality? From the OP in this thread:

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
First let me begin my post by statting I am a female, I am strong and proud, and in no way do I wish for myself or my female peers to be Equal to a Man.

I happen to enjoy my superior view as it is NOW, thank you very much.

Gently joshing, men, simmer down, simmer down, just some female humour.

They say that humor is based on truth and I think that's what we're seeing here.

I know... I've been under the impression that women want equality, too. Equal rights, equal treatment, equal opportunity. But I'm pretty darn sure that we can't just assume that.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

Well I want o know hwtga happened in the women's only meetings too. Back in the day me and my friend decided it would be cool to dress up in burkhas ( this was in the early 80s) and go in to these meetings. I even heard that they banned baby boys from the meetings. We thought we might loose our dangly bits if we were caught (lol).

My point is that it is healthy. Sympathising with anyone should not make you vulnerable or an idiot or hypnotised. There can be intelligent debate IF you decide to have it. Feminists do not as a rule bite. They will bite if you know how to ask them;-0

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
If you promote the equality of women, giving them the same rights as men but completely ignore areas where men are most certainly losing out then you are a hypocrite. This isn't equality, it's sexism plain and simple. At the same time to call anyone who dares to argue for the rights of both parties a sexist is simply ludicrous.

Where did you come up with the notion that she supports equality? From the OP in this thread:

First let me begin my post by statting I am a female, I am strong and proud, and in no way do I wish for myself or my female peers to be Equal to a Man.

I happen to enjoy my superior view as it is NOW, thank you very much.

Gently joshing, men, simmer down, simmer down, just some female humour.

They say that humor is based on truth and I think that's what we're seeing here.

I know... I've been under the impression that women want equality, too. Equal rights, equal treatment, equal opportunity. But I'm pretty darn sure that we can't just assume that.

Yes, its quite obvious she doesnt support equal rights. Her ridiculous thread about misogyny is a prime example. I'm starting to believe shes a complete and professional troll that has a sole purpose in derailing discussions, provoking animosity, and irrational emotional behavior in this forum.

edit on 20-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: edit

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Well when someone goes on to continually argue they are all about equality i try and take them at their word, i suppose i'm like the poster in Mulders office regarding hottaters intentions - I want to believe

edit on 20-9-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: i suck with quote tags

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

And I fully agree with what you are saying with the exception of getting them to bite (by them I mean gender feminists). And look at the posters on this thread who are trying to talk and get our concerns out. How are we treated?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
These will get me flamed but they also all have a significant impact on male female relationships. They are tell tales for the sexual climate that is present today. They help explain a serious and dangerous lack of respect for women. All are posted in this thread as well where you may also find additional information on misogyny and more subliminal "hatred of women"...www.abovetopsecret.com...

Roy Brown on misogyny, corruption and the MDG - UN Human Rights Council

Misogyny in Media & Culture

Misoygeny in the Media

Misogyny in Music: A Video Montage

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Holy hell! Will you stop trolling!? No one said a negative perception of women didn't exist.

Is the overall discussion THAT difficult to comprehend?

Oh look! I can do it too!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Do you have any more like that? How do I miss this stuff?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Is the overall discussion THAT difficult to comprehend?

Not really.
I just don't think feminism
is destroying the Male
and Female
Relationship.

Sorry if any difference of opinion makes you flame
but wasn't this your intent anyway ???
Lure women into this
beer soaked,
flea bitten
snare -
then pounce on them,

aided by other like minded machismo's?

Trolling is
opening a thread like this
in the first place,
then getting indignant,
fuming mad,
and swearing...
when women are naturally
as outraged
as you intended them to be
in the first place.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

You know I think it is deeply sad and hilarious that you post how things like that affect women and when someone posts the same type of stuff only with the roles reversed its something to be collected. Wow you are a piece of work. Good luck in life.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I took the liberty of taking your post out of that retarded format that you do so often to enlarge your post -- making it look like there is actually some sort of content. By the way, making posts longer for no reason is against forum rules and regulations. It is my assumption that I have saved the moderators and posters some time and the moderators some aggravation by doing so.

Not really, I just don't think feminism is destroying the Male and Female Relationship.

But you argue that misogyny is in the sister thread? What era are you living in?

Sorry if any difference of opinion makes you flame, but wasn't this your intent anyway?

We're talking about serious gender equality issues here; i ask you, in the words of your display picture, WHEN DID IGNORANCE BECOME AN OPINION?

Lure women into this beer soaked, flea bitten snare - then pounce on them,

So, what you're saying is that all men are beer drinking, dirty perverts? Educated..

aided by other like minded machismo's?

Yea, I'm still gay and you still don't know what the hell you're talking about, go figure. Most of these people that I'm defending in these two threads are people that I have strongly disagreed with in other threads, obviously they are saying something that holds at least SOME truth to it if I'm defending them against these apparent brainwashed feminists (which none of you are exactly proving wrong with your eagerness to completely ignore truths that are being brought up here just to spew out continual crap that nobody even argued against in the first place). Seriously, drop your juvenile prejudices and start acting like an adult and you might.. gasp.. be able to grasp reality for a few moments. By the way, never use an apostrophe to pluralize a word (pet peeve).

Trolling is opening a thread like this in the first place, then getting indignant, fuming mad, and swearing... when women are naturally as outraged as you intended them to be in the first place.

What you're talking about is called flaming, and nobody here is doing it.

Flaming
An online argument that becomes nasty or derisive, where insulting a party to the discussion takes precedence over the objective merits of one side or another

UbranDictionary.com

Trolling

Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness.

UrbanDictionary

Kind of like how you post things like "Lure women into this beer soaked, flea bitten snare - then pounce on them"... you know... because its so on-topic and factual... Here's the plan: keep spewing out random non-facts after people bring up real issues that you completely disregard just so that you can continue to bitch about mindless unrelated nonsense; I'm sure the OP will be thrilled that he won't have to do any more work to prove his point. It's clear to me that no man would want to put up with this degree of feminism; it is so immature and I can see how it could break apart a relationship. Basically, what I'm saying is that nobody could live with someone as thick, stubborn, and self indulgent as you, everyone here is clearly sick of this broken record of nonsense that you keep reproducing, I wonder how people react to it in real life.

If you've been paying attention for once, consider yourself educated. You're welcome.

Good luck growing up.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Brood because: oops

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

She is contributing not trolling. If the videos all supported your stance you would not be crying troll.

Then you go and do what you already cried was trolling, yourself!!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

If it was actually construcitve and if she didnt ask where she could get more examples of male videos I would agree. So yea she is contributing, contributing trolling a board to try and prevent discussion.But yet again your ignorance prevents you from seeing that.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

She is contributing not trolling. If the videos all supported your stance you would not be crying troll.

Then you go and do what you already cried was trolling, yourself!!

Did you really just read all of that and continue to defend her? Brainwashing proof! My vagina trumps your penis no matter what! Woman power!

Let me say the one thing that you two sad women can't seem to get... one more time.

Nobody is denying misogyny exists, we are saying it does, but we are also bringing misandry into the equation, a subject that is MUCH more prominent in today's society and directly relates to the discussion, and you both quickly ignore it and start going on about the woes of women. Maybe you should both find a forum that wasn't made to promote discussion; what you two are doing is ranting and whining and it is not productive -- it is not "contributing" to anything, we are here contributing, and you are there ignoring and carrying on about things that everyone has already unanimously agreed on. The next post I want to see from you women will address something that the 36 other contributors are saying, not just you two women or neither of you will ever gain any respect here. Stop feeding off of each other's pathetic whiny mindlessness. Nobody is attacking anti-misogyny, so stop defending it, seriously. Brainwashed women

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
lots of anger going on maby tomrrow cooler heads will prevail or atleast thats my hope but i guess we shal see what tommrow brings

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Not surprised. A thread filled with decent arguments that support the Thread Title and the "hating women" card gets used over and over. If people were against women they would be anti-Women, NOT anti-Feminists. Your reply proves none of the things you stated. You are making unfounded assumptions and using the "misogynist" counter which is designed to do exactly what it is that you have done in this post: disregard any valid arguments made by the opposing side, discredit the poster by giving him/her a label, insinuate the poster actively supports or is apologetic to certain crimes directed at women and then chucking a Hissy Fit about how there is an agenda to bash women.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Hi sorry I just read your post again and feel the need to comment. My advice do and be who you want to be. Spend some time on that and then move forward from there. If anyone tells you who you should be tell em to go pound sand.

Btw love your JKD quote in your sig.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by riley

Not surprised. A thread filled with decent arguments that support the Thread Title and the "hating women" card gets used over and over. If people were against women they would be anti-Women, NOT anti-Feminists.

Being a feminist means just standing up fo the rights of FEMALES.. it does not prove that I hate all men which is what you and others keep implying.

The OP title makes just as much sense as blaming the abolition of slavery for labour shortages.

"Oh no the wife left me because I kept beating her up it's feminism's fault the relationship is destroyed!". Lame.

Personally I have no interest in meeting or dating anyone who has such a narrow minded view of human beings that they incapable of judging them based on their unique charactor rather than gender. A sure way of destroying a relationship would be to start imposing steroptype ideals on the other person and expecting them to cater their whole identity to suit them. Thats called oppression and just because someone refuses to eat crap and say yum yum does not mean they have a "feminist" vendetta against all males.

I suspect this is more about women refusing to fulfill the "mummy-wife" role because mummy's boys dont want to wash their own clothes. Take responsibilty for your half of the relationship.. blaming feminism for failed romances is a copout.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Being a feminist means just standing up fo the rights of FEMALES.. it does not prove that I hate all men which is what you and others keep implying.

No being a feminist means you support equality from a female perspective, this would also mean, if you are a true feminist that you criticise the movement when it steps over the mark and starts to treat others unfairly. Just like some men will criticise others when they are basically being sexist morons.

The OP title makes just as much sense as blaming the abolition of slavery for labour shortages.

The OP doesn't make much sense tbh, however since then genuine concerns have been raised about how men are being treated unfairly in some areas, these suggestions have been polite and well based in fact and yet all that happens is anyone raising them is either called a secret woman hating scumbag (if they're male) or they are called a beaten down feminism betrayer (if they're female). This brings me to your next comment.

"Oh no the wife left me because I kept beating her up it's feminism's fault the relationship is destroyed!". Lame.

Yet another ad hom, while some people will no doubt fall for this tactic all it does is to expose you as having no real ability to rebuke what has been said.

I suspect this is more about women refusing to fulfill the "mummy-wife" role because mummy's boys dont want to wash their own clothes. Take responsibilty for your half of the relationship.. blaming feminism for failed romances is a copout.

And saying men who criticise some very real problems with feminism are sexist is also a cop out. You know i've remained quite calm throughout all of this but yep, i've cracked, i'm going to resort to comedy.

Ahh Mitchell and Webb, comedy genius.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Firstly, I have not implied anywhere in this thread that you hate men. Not everyone who is against Feminism thinks Feminists are "man-hating lesbians". This is a myth. It is easier to discredit somebody when you claim they are a "hater" of sorts. I am not a hater of women. I am not against brining issues that women face into public discussion. I don' expect or want women to be my servants. I don't want to be their servants either. Equality is a two-way street; it is not a One Way street where women get all the benefits, none of the responsibilities and all of the sympathy.

No I would equate it more with Affirmative Action, NOT the abolition of slavery. I find it strange that many members on this forum compare the two situations when they are not really comparable. (Oh how silly of me to forget, the big White Evil Man is the villain in both scenarios, so yes I can kind of see why they are often linked together.)

Personally I have no interest in meeting or dating anyone who has such a narrow minded view of human beings that they incapable of judging them based on their unique charactor rather than gender. A sure way of destroying a relationship would be to start imposing steroptype ideals on the other person and expecting them to cater their whole identity to suit them. Thats called oppression and just because someone refuses to eat crap and say yum yum does not mean they have a "feminist" vendetta against all males.

Agree with the first part, but then you go back to the idea of women as "victims". If you want to believe the underachievement of women has been a direct result of men's oppression of women, that's fine. But I don't recommend you mention this when on your date.

Do you really think all the anti-Feminists out there feel this way because they have to make their own bed and do their own laundry?
Opposition to Feminist Ideology exists for other reasons aside from feeling spiteful about a failed relationship. Again, if the topic comes up I don't recommend you tell your date you think they are mummy's boys and are afraid to clean up after themselves.

edit on 22/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: fixed a variety of problems with my initial post

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join