It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

That's right guys. Put your heads together. Circle the wagons. A little girl is loose. Ohh scary.
What a bunch of little kitty cats.

Removing the thread from my list. Going to play with the big dogs, kittens. Try not to miss me!

edit on 20-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

That's right guys. Put your heads together. Circle the wagons. A little girl is loose. Ohh scary.
What a bunch of little kitty cats.

Removing the thread from my list. Going to play with the big dogs, kittens. Try not to miss me!

edit on 20-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

Yeah i'm sorry but you are running off because you can't argue using facts or even well thought our viewpoints. Everything you post is full of hatred, i'm going to quote your reply to someone from the other thread.

So true. Women love to play games. Last night I snagged a ball player without saying a word.
I asked a mutual friend to tell him where he could find me, but not until after I left the bar.
He needs to make the first move. I have already made mine.
It appeared I was filming a karaoke singer but I was really filming him the whole time.
He knew it too. I tried not to get his date in the picture.
We exchanged smiles all evening. We danced next to each other and brushed up against each other, although we were each dancing with other people. They did not know what was going on. Only he and I did.
Electricity. Good to feel it coursing through my veins again. Butterflies in my stomach all the way home.
He was playing the game too. Sparking up a storm. Unfortunately he was with another woman. No rings.
He does not even know it yet but, soon he will be mine.

Nothing more than the actions of a deeply unkind person and i would be scared for anyone who knows you in real life. Ad homs suck but when someone openly posts something so filled with hatred i think it's only right to get it seen as it shows their character and exactly where they are coming from.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I have yet to see an instince in thread in which men are being treated so grossly unfairly (being stoned by their family to death, killed for being raped, married and having sex with husband at nine, etc etc etc) that warrants a call to feminists to defend them.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

I have yet to see an instince in thread in which men are being treated so grossly unfairly (being stoned by their family to death, killed for being raped, married and having sex with husband at nine, etc etc etc) that warrants a call to feminists to defend them.

Sorry i have seen none of this in western societies, if you want to continually move the goalposts then we can. The Islamic world often has many issues in this area, as do parts of Africa and other nations around the world. However please give me multiple instances where people living by laws in the USA and UK have supported such things. Guess what, i would defend the rights of such women, it is disgusting how they are treated but that's not the country i live in and even if it were i would fight for their rights and male rights at the same time, because guess what, that's being equal smething you seem rather at odds with.

You failed to reply to the points i raised because you know there is an element of truth to them. I was speaking of western socities where women are not stoned to death ona regular basis, indeed if a woman were stoned to death here then the stoner would be off to prison. So why not give it a shot and deal with what i actually said instead of trying to deflect it, because by deflecting and refusing to answer you do nothing but expose the hypocrisy within the feminist movement.

Be fair, support equality for everyone and not just your own gender.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You keep playing the victim card; its not relevant but to you it is because you STILL seem to misinterpret the overall intentions of the discussion.

The overall point here is that the modern feminist movement is to undermine BOTH sexes equalities, rights, and perceptions.

YOU fail to recognize men are ALSO victims and it makes you look ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

A little sensationalist for whats going on in your neck of the woods isn't it? perhaps if you took the time to empathize with the men and women posting here. Or even put yourself in their shoes you might not be so blinded. Perhaps you will see the cracks in your flavor of feminism. That or you only want equality when it's convinient.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
But hey what do i know, i'm an evil misogynist apparently!

Hey, there's a meeting tonight. My place. BYOB.

He does not even know it yet but, soon he will be mine.

Yikes! Maybe it's because I'm watching the Dexter series now, but that paragraph scared the crap out of me!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well I find the title of this OP says it all. It appears as if relationships between women and mine would be fine if it wasn't for those darned feminists! How many women identify themselves as feminists nowadays any way?? I was at a conference and we are all mourning the curent era of bland and the ineptitudeof the neocons.

Frankly if feminism isn't dead it surely is in decline with the new "have it all generation" of women.

Here is the truth. Stop blaming feminists. Relationships between men and women are difficult and have always been difficult.the real grief in some areas is that women can choose to stay with an idiot or leave. Er actually the same can be said for men but I don't want to hijack the thread.
But to blame a minority for relationships in crisis is one conspiracy too far!

edit on 20-9-2010 by tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post. Mod can you delete plz.

reply to post by tiger5

I am sorry but whose policies are these to blame. Do you think that NOW and various other groups do not have nor use political power? Look what happened in the last election both candidates had to scramble to pick a winning candidate that was women friendly. Or the fact that there is an official White House position on Women's affairs. Why isn't there one for men? Or better yet why have one at all.

Why do college campuses have womens studies but any attempt to have a mans studies is barred?

edit on 20-9-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I am sorry but whose policies are these to blame. Do you think that NOW and various other groups do not have nor use political power? Look what happened in the last election both candidates had to scramble to pick a winning candidate that was women friendly. Or the fact that there is an official White House position on Women's affairs. Why isn't there one for men? Or better yet why have one at all.

Why do college campuses have womens studies but any attempt to have a mans studies is barred?

I fully realize that relations are hard. We do not need groups that only serve their own ideals to make it harder.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ok, since your parameters were western society, I have no idea what intances of discrimination feminists are supposed to rally for yall men.

Could you please name some?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Obviously not since you failed to cite any instance in thread where I have "played victim".

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

So only serving ones own ideals is wrong?

If I am white and do not join naacp am I racist?

If I am female and only advocate for females does this mean I also hate pets because I don't advocate for them?

Faulty correlation.

Adding, there are enough causes to go around I myself have chosen the ones I care deeply for.

Please do the same yourself, I welcome it.

edit on 20-9-2010 by hotbakedtater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by mayertuck

So only serving ones own ideals is wrong?

If I am white and do not join naacp am I racist?

If you promoted the rights of white people while ignoring the rights of black people then yes that would be racist.

If I am female and only advocate for females does this mean I also hate pets because I don't advocate for them?

Faulty correlation.

Faulty logic i'm afraid, pets are a different species. If you promote the equality of women, giving them the same rights as men but completely ignore areas where men are most certainly losing out then you are a hypocrite. This isn't equality, it's sexism plain and simple. At the same time to call anyone who dares to argue for the rights of both parties a sexist is simply ludicrous.

Adding, there are enough causes to go around I myself have chosen the ones I care deeply for.

You have chosen and yet don't understand your own cause. Equality is what you claim but you are actually picking and choosing what you want, ignoring where men are stuggling with their rights while promoting the female perspective. This is sexism, nothing else.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

They have been posted time and time again.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So if you only have an interest in serving your own ideals why would you want someone to repeat their "beefs"? Why would you care?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayertuck
reply to post by tiger5

I fully realize that relations are hard. We do not need groups that only serve their own ideals to make it harder.

Firstly no need to be sorry about anything.

I was once lucky enough to observe my daughter and her friends in school at play time. They had gathered together and were talk ing about something. The boys were rushing about fussing and fighting and yelling but not discussing. Some were even trying to disrupt the conversation. the kids were about 7 years old. The girls got together to play and talk every playtime as it made them happy. They did not like the boys messing up their games which had to be just so.

Then the light bulb went on in my head.

Colleges have campus studieswomens studies for a variety of reasons.

1. It is good business.
2. Women have decided to make a study of themselves into an academic study. I cannot blame the women for this. Howevert not all women attend such classes. A few progressive or curious men may even attend. The trouble is men's history is all out there women's history has been hidden and suppressed. How many astronomers know of William Herschel? But how many know of Caroline Herschel? Or The battle to get Marie Curie acknowledged. To hide and subject 50% of humanity is wrong!

I must blame the men. Look at a kid of say 12... That is who they are at 22, 32 and 52. If men decided to sit down and discuss who we really are without the hate and rancour and misogyny it would be great. I actually have more in common with the average man than I do have with women. If we stopped whining we could consider the big questions about our gender and not be expected to have lower life expectancy etc.

I would love to see men's studies but it turned into descended intolast night's sports rerun or more whining about life then it would be wrong.

edit on 20-9-2010 by tiger5 because: Addtion

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I agree fully that hiding half of history is wrong. Or any history for that matter. My question is this what else are they teaching in there besides women's history? Do I need to give some proof?

And as I posted when it was tried they were barred. Would you like me to post a link to it? Now why do you think that it wasn't allowed?

edit on 20-9-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Or how about this one. Erin Pizzy started the first abused women's shelter in england. But will you find her name on it? Nope.

Care to know why?

Because she dared to write a book called prone to violence which asked why women kept going back to abuseive situations and that some of those same females beat their men.

You wanna know what she got for defying the gender feminist ideals.

It wasn't just her name being stricken from the shelter she started. She was osteracized, and received death threats against her and her family.

All for disagreeing. But she kept on her crusade to make things equal. Which is also why she is one of my personal heroes.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Obviously not since you failed to cite any instance in thread where I have "played victim".

I replied specifically to your post for a reason. If you were more focused on the discussion rather than to blindly defend your failed and hypocritic argument you might have took the time to click the link to your specific post I replied to, however, i will spell it out for you:

You listed crimes against humanity, just because women are more vulnerable to men, does not make it a relevant point.

The overall perception of men and women through modern feminism( in America) forces men and women to compete and despise eachother on many levels in society and in relationships.

You're playing the victim card by listing crimes made against women, no one is listing specific violent crimes against men to defend their point as it is not relevant. SO, this meaning you are trying to play the victim card and doing a very poor job of it. Not to mention the fact you fail to realize men are also victims in society due modern feminism is a major oversight on your part; not a failed attempt at logic that you repeatedly seem to claim.

edit on 20-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add to comment

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join