It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

What did strike me about many of my dates is they refused to disclose answers to even the most basic questions while others lied or avoided the question. Perhaps alot of men out there have a lot to hide? So why bother wasting time if they were really serious about "getting to know" a date?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Like you I too have 2 sons. Thank God they both have their heads screwed on right and respect women no matter who they are.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Are you aware there is such a thing as these marriage contracts - and they are binding. It's called a Katubah. In the Western world they are called Co-Habitation Agreements - not to be compared to the Pre-Nup that become nil and void when a child is born in to the marriage.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well, I have a daughter, and I seriously hope she doesn’t buy into the monstrous crap feminism propagates onto the children of America.

The parents of today are our children’s tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Are you aware there is such a thing as these marriage contracts - and they are binding. It's called a Katubah. In the Western world they are called Co-Habitation Agreements - not to be compared to the Pre-Nup that become nil and void when a child is born in to the marriage.

Thank you for, once again, taking the fun out of marriage by referencing the legality of marriage.

Yes, I am aware of it and I could care a less.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
I think I agree with your overall post but you took some of my words out of context. I didn’t, by any means, direct this toward you, or any specific person at that matter. Its rather more of a common perception a lot of women have that creates unnecessary animosity even before a relationship can develop due to a negative attitude based in a feministic perception.

I am a woman and a feminist.. you are talking about women and feminsists so yes you were. If you don't want me responding to your generalisations don't include me in them.

No man goes on a romantic date hoping to have a wild platonic affair.. ALL men who want a date and also want a relationship still want to have sex.

Yes all very obvious
I do agree. However, all I was saying that women who have a negative perception of a guy even BEFORE she gets to know him based off a general belief all men are pigs will ruin the chance of relationship to even occur. Yes, most men dont want a "romantic date or platonic affair" but they do hope to meet someone who is mentally AND physically arousing who wont judge their intentions simply based on the fact they have a penis.

If that were the case then the a date would go well as he'd act like a gentleman and prove her wrong yes? Likewise if a man is thinking "bloody woman she's prob a feminazi and is just using me to get a free meal" and she turns out to be a lady then all preconceptions would go out the door.

Besides which people would not bother going on a date if they're already assuming he's a pig and she's a femnazi befoe they even sit down.

There is nothing wrong with that but I was obviously talking about men who try to obligate women into having sex with them who perhaps don't want to.

Most people,(including men) call those people rapists. Or sexual assailants. Which doesn’t generalize the mass majority of men who want to date.

No I call buying a woman dinner in order to try guilt/pressure her into having sex with him sexual coersion. I have met many men who try use his tactic.. I mean even in movies dinner nearly always ends in "come up for coffee even though we've just met" sex. That is not feminism but social conditioning which is in fact bad for feminism as it's teaching both genders that the ritual of courtship and sex can be reduced to the space of a couple of hours. I see nothing wrong with casual sex but it seems to have become it' own social convention which can have very serious consequences as people may be trying to "follow social rules" that they are not ready for.

The argument is that alot women predetermine a man's intentions BEFORE they even get to know them or before their date even occurs.

I have a natural talent for reading body language and can guess pretty much anyones intentions. It's a massive time saver and has saved me falling into alot of traps.
.. but I do not judge a man as a "pig" before I have even met him that doesn't make any sense.

edit on 16-9-2010 by riley because: elaborated and fixed typos.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Well it's good to know your narcissist and snobbish attitude is not shared by all women. It seems quite a few women enjoy eating at a laid-back places such as Subway or Nandos. They even share the cost! See for them it is more about the experience of interacting with somebody they like, not trying to get a free meal out of somebody and playing hard to get. I am beginning to see why you appear to have such a distrustful and resentful attitude toward men in general.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Yep, I have one too so good luck with that.

My daughter IS a feminist and although I don't agree with all her views (some have left me gobsmacked) I know she could swing any man on the tip of a darning needle and he would'nt know it. Family tradition is alive and well!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

And if women think all men respond to is sex, which seems a common misconception among women today, then they will probably attract the piggish, self-centred types you speak of. Funny how that works both ways?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

hahahahaha you're funny!

Actually I would had been quite content if I was invited to the local Fish and Chips Shop; where I come from it's a real delicacy.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by riley

And if women think all men respond to is sex, which seems a common misconception among women today, then they will probably attract the piggish, self-centred types you speak of. Funny how that works both ways?

Exactly my point. With this type of perception, women attract the type they DONT want and therefore have the false perception all men are like the ones they attract.

Im glad someone came along to help me drill this in.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Thank you, I have a colourful history of charming older ladies.

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of somebody who casually orders lobster and French wine, it is difficult to believe Fish and Chips is considered a delicacy. Unless of course their standards sky-rocket when it is a member of the opposite sex.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

I am a woman and a feminist.. you are talking about women and feminsists so yes you were. If you don't want me responding to your generalisations don't include me in them.

Well how was I supposed to know you were a feminist woman? Your name is Riley and merely have an avatar of a female storm trooper and a cartoon penguin.

Either way, yes I am speaking of feminist women. However I am NOT generalizing ALL women are feminists. I know this because my wife is NOT a feminist and she is a woman.

You keep mixing in the obvious and then taking my words out of context to manipulate my intent to align with your agenda. Please stop because you've done it repeatedly, and its frustrating and painstakingly obvious.

Besides which people would not bother going on a date if they're already assuming he's a pig and she's a femnazi befoe they even sit down.

I personally know examples to where this is NOT true. And Im sure many others will agree. You may even agree secretly, but dont want to admit it.

No I call buying a woman dinner in order to try guilt/pressure her into having sex with him sexual coersion. I have met many men who try use his tactic..

That is probably because that is the sort of men you attract with your attitude and overall perception of men. And you're right, most men WOULD be wasting their time with you for a date. Because you've already made up your mind how the date is going to be.

I have a natural talent for reading body language and can guess pretty much anyones intentions. It's a massive time saver and has saved me falling into alot of traps.
.. but I do not judge a man as a "pig" before I have even met him that doesn't make any sense.

No it doesnt make sense, but it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

edit on 16-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: fixed quotes

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Generally women want to be treated like ladies and expect her date to be a gentleman. If a woman had a perceived inclination her date is quite the opposite she would'nt had agreed to the date in the first place.

Now altghough I like to take the mickey out of some people on this board perhaps I should add re my first experience on a date I was only 17 years of age, with no life skills, never dated before. Now from a female perpective, keeping in mind of my age, and a menu from a fine diner was handed to me.....it's happy days!!!

Now in those times men and women never discussed who pays what...the man pays and that's final!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well, I have a daughter, and I seriously hope she doesn’t buy into the monstrous crap feminism propagates onto the children of America.

The parents of today are our children’s tomorrow.

What do you hope for her then? Pregnant and barefoot, subserviant to her man?

Because if it is any thing else, thank a feminist.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by riley

Yes I said I attract piggish self centred types but that does not mean I assume men only respond to sex.. and it certainly does not mean thats the only type I attract if thats what you're implying.

Thats just a type that really annoys me and they seem to be everywhere.. and they often smell bad too.

The others kinds.. well I can reserve speaking of them in art, poetry and music and they can do likewise. There is so much more to falling in love than the quest to make love.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

She wants a career and be financially secure within her own right. She understands nothing is to be taken for granted and there are no guarantees a marriage is forever. She hopes for the best and be prepared for the worst.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Well how was I supposed to know you were a feminist woman? Your name is Riley and merely have an avatar of a female storm trooper and a cartoon penguin.

So you are even judging women by their avatars? Thanks for proving my point.. there is no point talking to someone who makes charactor assessments based on a cartoon penguin and a girl storm trooper. :shk:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

being a mighty big fan of Starwars myself, I really like the avatar. Wondering if there's a feminine version of Darth Vader for me

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So you are even judging women by their avatars? Thanks for proving my point.. there is no point talking to someone who makes charactor assessments based on a cartoon penguin and a girl storm trooper. :shk:

No thank you for proving MY observation that you keep taking my words out of context and using it for your agenda. NO, i did not judge you based off your avatar. I was merely stating I have no Idea WHO or WHAT gender you are even if I tried to use your name or avatar as a clue. Sh!t...!! This is more trouble than its worth...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join