It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism: Destroying the Male and Female Relationship

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Did you take a poll today? Can you source the most women want to be mommy's and caretakers and fuflill "roles"?

Is this a chirstian concept??

No NOT all men and women feel this way. I was careful to phrase my words as such if you had read my previous posts.

Dont drag religion into this debate. It provokes emotional irrational reasoning and it derails the discussion.

Here's a good article to read, but I doubt it'll do you any good.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

In my dating years I recall one particular date that was rather quite sweet to ask me out to dinner. I was thrilled at the prospect of a lovely outing. Naturally I chose the most expensive dish on the menu not because it was lobster but because I felt like lobster that particular evening. When he went to order the wine, as cheap and nasty as it was, I jumped in and strongly suggested a fine wine to compliment my lobster. My dinner date sat quietly throughout the whole meal and upon asking if he was feeling ok I thought his blood vessels were going to pop and asked if he needed medical assistance.

After the meal we did'nt stay long although I insisted I order dessert. By the time we got to my place, the bastard tried to force himself on me...thank god my father and brother were still home!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You're funny, I believe equality begins in the bar so does that still make me a lesbot feminist? I can agree with some of what you're saying but as I've stated its not just feminism that has caused this stuff to happen so why
argue that it has when you know yourself it hasn't.

The whole metrosexuality stuff of late has had a big effect on men, well at least those who have succumbed to the will of the media, and now as a knock on effect women feel weaker as a result so take on masculinity to try and balance this out.

I don't know what religion has to do with this but I do know the media even from back in the days when the white picket fence was broadcast as the ideal that women were shown to stay at home. I never could, I hate routine, that doesn't mean I hate men tho LOL!

Chivalry isn't as dead as some may think and its lovely to see a well mannered man out and about, although quite rare now, but the same should be done by females. If by chance I am lucky enough to have the door held open I make a point of saying thank you respectably, again not feminist, and i respect that nt all people do have those manners but not all are willing to wait with a door LOL!

As I mentioned previously who was it that stated these said roles of men and women? Do you believe everything you are told?

I think a lot of people try to understand each other rather than just appreciate and accept. Of course this doesn't always work but now we have so many things classified and labelled that we are all naturally programmed to make association and with that attach expectation.

Another likkle example, the word engaged, this in itself has so much attached to it that very few can make it to the point of marriage because of the pre-installed expectations surrounding the word.

That once again isn't feminism, so lets review here... feminists alone are the cause of relationships failing.... hmmmm i'm still thinking this is a very weak argument.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

and how does this personal experience by one guy that you personally dated have to do with this debate? I hope your intentions werent to just bash men in general over one bad experience you had.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Absolutely not, I'm just letting you know I allowed my date to pay for dinner like a good woman should

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Highly offensive, simplistic and part of someones opinionated and not so scientific nor even sentient blog.
Someone with an axe to grind no less.

I wonder where these people come from?
Some cryonics subjects from the 40's thawing out?

The pill changed everything. Get used to it.

edit on 12-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: I spelled "and" wrong if you must know.

Naw, just some sexually-frustrated whitetrash "Christian" mens from suburbia, most probably these "highly sophisticated" Glenn Beck and Ted Nugent fans. The kind you wouldn't wanna hang out with...

edit on 15/9/10 by Echtelion because: Style

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

I was just commenting on the topic of staying at home.
I get to stay st home and a lot of women can't,they have
to work.I consider myself as being blessed with this rare
opportunity.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Two things.

1. If a man were to make these jokes about a woman then he would be labelled a chauvinist.

2. If you're not joking then it just proves my point about extremist feminism.

It seems when someone asks for true equality you are not willing to support that.

Ya think?
Check out David Spades new 7UP commercial. Woman is bending over while he comments on the "nice backyard." Sexism is part of our culture. Nobody is screaming he is a chauvinist. He is selling soda.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Two things.

1. If a man were to make these jokes about a woman then he would be labelled a chauvinist.

2. If you're not joking then it just proves my point about extremist feminism.

It seems when someone asks for true equality you are not willing to support that.

Ya think?
Check out David Spades new 7UP commercial. Woman is bending over while he comments on the "nice backyard." Sexism is part of our culture. Nobody is screaming he is a chauvinist. He is selling soda.

As the thread points out, media and television are the main distributors of propaganda in which you just pointed out. Feminism is ALSO distributed in order to disrupt the appropriate relations and perceptions of the sexes.

Dominos has a commericial where a man tries to be sexy for his wife and says to her after dawning a silk robe and smiling: "Hey, the dominos delivery guy says we got 30 minutes"

Then she replies: "What are we gonna do for the other 28 minutes?" Thus wiping his smile off his face.

Commercials go both ways... Its propaganda to destroy BOTH genders by pitting them against each other.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Ya think?

Media is quite different to general discussion, just like comedians can make jokes, it's entertainment and so gets a mostly free pass on both sides. However here on ATS if i made such comments in this thread i would be labelled a chauvinist very quickly because it works to discredit anything i have to say. Likewise at work if you make such comments about women, even a joke among friends you can be disciplined, but the other way around, well that's fine. How about an example.

A friend of mine (yes a friend not me) was at college, he's 17. A girl was making jokes about him, started flirting, commented on his *package* poking through his jeans. He commented on her breasts poking through her top. That very day he found himself in trouble, sitting in front of the head lecturer and being told a repeat of this behavior would see him removed from the college.

Luckily several people came forward to defend the poor guy but he's now incredibly careful about what he says, to the point where he's scared of flirting with a girl within the college grounds.

That is the problem with modern feminism, it's being abused. Understand i believe equal rights to be important, i'm not here to say women should be in the home or obey their husbands. I only get frustrated and annoyed when any rights movement is manipulated. Especially when such a movement originally had noble intentions.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think being an extreme anythig isn't good. Some women like being the leaders and money makers in the relationship. Some women like staying at home. Some men like going to work. Some men like to cook. The greatest chefs are male.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I have read your comments and i thank you.
I call A-WAKE!!! Congrats.
When will the madness end?
I had a lovely conversation with my friend about this yesterday, I keep begging her, the wiser, to tell me-
Is it the hormones in the beef?
Is it the Water?
No, we always end up with the same answer,
25 years we have discussed philosophical subjects together,
what do we find is this "Man/Woman Dilemma" caused by???
Conditioning, conditioning, conditioning.
If you don't know what it is, fer heaven's sake look it up.
Love to all.
Break out of your paradigm.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

This is a classic example of a woman manipulating a man for her own interests. You got everything you could out of him and made it seem like you were keen. I bet you felt a sense of satisfaction in making him spend so much money on the date just so that you could brush him off after. Inviting him back to your place after he spent his weekly wage on your meal was a nice touch for your twisted ego.

And Feminists wonder why there are men with Misogynist attitudes?

edit on 16/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Ah. . . ok gotchya. Enjoy it! It seems to be a true rarity these days! Milk it, sister!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

This is a classic example of a woman manipulating a man for her own interests. You got everything you could out of him and made it seem like you were keen. I bet you felt a sense of satisfaction in making him spend so much money on the date just so that you could brush him off after. Inviting him back to your place after he spent his weekly wage on your meal was a nice touch for your twisted ego.

And Feminists wonder why there are men with Misogynist attitudes?

I think Bluemirage5 was making more of a point of how some men use the whole "I'll buy you dinner" in order to get lucky. Some men may feel that the more they spend, the more they feel they are entitled to sexual favours. But what really is the alternative? Offer to pay and emasculate the male? or... stop dating and be lonely for the rest of your life? Is either even an option?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It seems to me these threads are full of people that need to check in with reality and re-evaluate their relationship withthe opposite sex. Times have changed, and it cannot be blamed on one thing. If any one of you had studed sociology even a little you would see that all opinions differ and there is no correct answer. That being said, all you do when you come to these threads, not to be enlightend, but merely to force your opinion on others is form an openly hateful expression of something you are not willing to disect and understand. You must agree, that that is counter productive. It doesnt do anyone any good. It is conflict that isnt needed and most importantly, it solves nothing.

I'd also like to point out the lack of evidence backing peoples arguments. For example, where is the evidence to support the theory that Feminism is destroying the Male/Female relationship?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Actually, in those days when a man asked a woman out on a date it means he picks her up from home, pays the tab then drops her off at home. Just because a man asks a woman out on a date it does'nt mean she is obligated to have sex with him afterwards.

On that particular date he barely said even one word for a whole 1 1/2 hours. I hardly knew the guy, ya think a woman is going to drop her panties for a mute?

Believe me, from there on in, if my date could'nt hold a conversation for more than 5 mins out came my newspaper that accompanied me on each and every date after that.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Who said anything about women being obligated to have sex after being taken out for a meal? This is about decency. You chose to abuse the fact that he was picking up the tab by ordering the most expensive items. You basically used the guy as a free meal. What makes you entitled to these luxuries on the first date? How would you like to be treated as such?

BTW, if men want sex on the first date they will simply visit a prostitute.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

People have provided valid reasons to explain why they feel the title of this thread is justified. This might not be what you like to hear, but they are still plausible considerations. Notice how many of those defending Feminism don't really attack the arguments made against the movement, they simply want to shift the blame on men and label anybody who shares these views as Misogynists. They use Deflection and Misdirection to silence debate when unpleasant realities have come to light.

edit on 16/9/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

but..well.....it's not feminism that gives the women this idea...
it's the fact that some men think they own women....and well, some women have been harmed because of this attitude!!

not only do some men think that they own the woman in their lives and can order them about, but, well, they think that they also own the money she makes after they send her out into the workplace...I guess to earn him more money!

everybody needs security....
and that entails an amount of confidence that one could make it on their own in life if need be.
yes, some women want, and are perfectly content, to stay home, make hubby and kids happy and make that their sole purpose.
many of us don't have that luxury....
and some of us, BECAUSE OF EXPERIENCES WITH SOME MEN...
just don't trust men enough to put themselves in that state of dependency again!!!

when I hear someone suggest that the world would be a better place if men could just earn enough to support their families...not that we all should make enough to support our famiilies...well, to me...that extra money that would be needed to do increase the hubby's paycheck to about $20/hr or so probably would have to come from somewhere..
they don't want the minimum wage raised...they don't want to have to pay higher prices f or their big macs to pay the little cashier at mc donalds a living wage! and I am sure that the big cheeses at mcdonads don't want to pitch in to provide the money for the not so big male cheeses working for the company can support their families in comfort...
no, they want to get rid of the minumum wage....ease the big business's burden...and well.....I am sure that they realize that for them to get that extra money would mean that women would be back to getting pennies on the dollar!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join