It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by badw0lf

Your logic is flawless. It wasn't just about troops. It was about pissing gasoline on a fire for no other reason than to spread hate. What could have been gained by the pastor burning what BILLIONS consider to be a holy book?

Are we justifying our actions now based on our enemy's? What could have been lost due to the pastor's actions, well, much more than its worth.

What exactly is your stake in this situation anyway? I have no qualms with an Aussie, I shared an FOB with a few. But what exactly do you care about what this implies about the United States of America?

edit on 10-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for quoting. Oh you didnt, so I had to check. Cheers!

umm, wow you really read a lot into things huh.

So it's OK if we just piss off the normal crew - thats a-ok. But oh boy, dont dare do it to the funk mob.. Crikey. That just wrong? Yeah, I get ya... Oops is that soap on the floor? I'll let you.

Me? Aussie? I hope you said that Ozzie in your mind as you typed, it and not ossy. You freaks are just so random like that...

Yes.. unfortunately islam affects more than the US. The bad apples want to kill US too.. Oh well, you cant own it all..

So, short story long, youre a banana. I'm the one not eating that salad.

Go back to your USA USA USA chanting now.

Im going to go burn a bra and a bible and a wheres walley book. I hate those guys but I sure aint gonna be killed for it..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What if Terry Jones gets killed?

What if it is just another ploy to get the world to hate Muslims...

We'll never know

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
so, now that is taken care of, can we be rest assured that the next times some church decides to go on a burning binge, be it harry potter books, or rap cd's, or whatever, that our gov't will step in just as strongly and convince them not to do that....
in the name of equality of course......

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Sigh. This FALSE Christian is nothing more than an attention-seeker. End of story. Contraversy sells, and he's cashing in.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Neither thing is of any consequence whatsoever, unless people choose to make it so. The whole thing smacks of something from the middle ages.

From what I see, no-one has denied his right to do this, for whatever reason, through persuasion, politics or common sense, he has decided not to do this (for now).

Just because someone else does something stupid, does that mean we have to reply in kind?

This whole ridiculous situation has been blown out of all proportion by the MSM. How interesting that the MSM was not allowed in to report on the Gulf Oil major tragedy. Reporters were threatened if they got anywhere near the story, and it was a story which the public NEEDED to know about, yet this ridiculous, nonsensical event is being given full media coverage and politicians are making statements etc.

The Cabal controlled MSM is the mouthpiece for the Cabal;s agenda, and they are clearly up to their nasty games with this insane story. I just despair that people don't see the obvious.

Anyone who doesn't see the glaringly obvious here - that it looks like some Hollywood style scenario because IT IS, really needs to get real.

The strategy. Stir up hatred against Muslims, whilst at the make statements which dupe people into believing the Government is trying to instill love for all!!!!! It's called Hegelian Dialiectic.

I's up to each one of us to stay smart and NOT buy into their evil tactics.

This is psyops. This is psyops. This is psyops. This is psyops. This is psyops.

edit on 10-9-2010 by wcitizen because: error in syntax

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wally898

What if it's another ploy to get us to hate Muslims?

Honestly, I believe that's exactly what it is, and they will use this to further their evil agenda. It's up to every one of us NOT to buy into their monstrous agenda.

Religion has caused more bloodshed than anything else in history. Let's step out of their evil matrix and start changing things.

Religious fanatics of any persuasion, including the pastor, imo should not be given publicity or credence.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

or.....it could be just another ploy, to inflame the islamic world...so they will react, so we can clearly see how "different" they are to us.....

or, it could be just another form of entertainment to keep the masses busy, so they don't look around and realize just how much they are lying to us...about the gulf oil spill, about the economy, about just about everything!!!

so, well, throw them a curveball, something, they probably ain't expecting.....
hey, they stepped in to try to prevent this church from burning a book....
well, then the next time a church decides to burn something that we like, well shouldn't the gov't step in to stop that...lest we be offended?? or do we need to threaten to blow something up to get the same kind of protection from our gov't...ya know, the one that has a constitution proclaiming that we are all equal?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by hadriana
One Christian, effectively silenced.

I am just SO thrilled.

Who's next?
Cartoon network, Danish Cartoonist, Salmon Rushdie, Cartman...

"christian' is a debatable monicor for someone so filled with hate and ignorance.

'silenced' is hardly an accurate description. No one has silenced him. In fact, his words have been broadcast around the world.

Nope, he's just an idiot who got some free media attention but didnt know how to use it.

I would go burn a pile of bibles on his lawn if i had the time and money.

OK then how about we just say his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS have effectively been trampled on. He was pressured by Obama himself and the FBI for choosing to express his 1st Amendment RIGHTS.
We don't have to like what he does but we must support it if we want to continue to enjoy FREEDOMS as given to us by THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
If all of this is true, and I hope it is, how much do people want to bet many Muslims will still burn US flags? Any takers?

But that would assume they actually stopped burning them !

JUST IN:
My local news mentioned that the pastor still hasn't made a final decision as to whether or not he will burn the quran and "THE WHOLE MUSLIM WORLD IS ON EDGE" -Detroit Channel 2 News-

Really? The WHOLE MUSLIM WORLD????? because some clown wants to burn a couple of books that he paid for ? It's a book people !

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Jones said that the imam who said he would move his mosque lied to him so now he's rethinking the book burning. Why is this such a big deal? I think I'm going to burn one now just so it's not so anti-climactic !

Why is the entire world so focused on this? It's just a book people !

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
This stinks...a lot.

Feds met with him earlier today....

Possible "deals"

Adding in Donald Trump....

Now the developer of the mosque is saying it is not being moved...

Anyone know what else is going on in the world? This smells of distraction or set up.

edit on 9/9/2010 by iamsupermanv2 because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same thing last night. Too much news coverage on this, top headline on CBS news for the past 2 nights, big photo op for the pastor and iman (and I'm wondering if both have received donations), AND the Donald Trump announcement. Whoa

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The westboro church already burned Q'urans years ago. No one raised a stink about it on the msm.

The msm is blowing this story up.

Think...

and watch what the right hand is doing..

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Just saw some video of protests in Muslim countries, they were burning the American flag, the hypocrites. They think it's okay to burn another countries flag yet they're outraged that their 'holy book' just might be getting burnt? What a joke this is, a media circus, there are people here defending the muslims and people here defending the christians, on behalf of people like me who don't follow the trappings of religion I'd like to say how pathetic ALL of religion is and the people involved in these squabbles are no better than children.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Just saw him on Today Show... He cannot even get his thoughts out. Completely over his head.

Aren't you supposed to "Love thy neighbor as thyself?" He is a false Christian and if anyone is committing blasphemy it is him.

I post my comments as one who does not follow a religion.

N

edit on 10-9-2010 by Skooter_NB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You still don't see the whole picture behind the "hoax" of Koran burnings, we have been played again and again and again, the only lesson here is that sadly America is nothing but a nation that is been manipulated by special and foreign interest, has sold its soul and now we most learn our place in the world, bend over citizens we know now who is in charge.

We have lost our identity.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I can't believe the amount of supposedly-intelligent ATS members who actually want this guy to have his fire. What the Hell is wrong with you? Relations between the West and Islam are already on fire and you want to fan the flames? Americans have a global reputation for being war-mongering, saber-rattling a-holes. You guys are proving that point with every ill-judged word. Oh and screw your first amendment rights. If they're going to cause a holy war, screw them.

edit on 10-9-2010 by InterestedUK because: Angry.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I wonder how much money from private interest was given to him to stop the burning, perhaps that is what he was looking for after all, or he was pay to start the whole thing.

America who is your daddy now

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedUK
I can't believe the amount of supposedly-intelligent ATS members who actually want this guy to have his fire.

We don't want him to have his fire. We want him to be able to exercise his RIGHT to his fire. Big difference.

Originally posted by wcitizen
What if it's another ploy to get us to hate Muslims?

Non-muslims don't need a 'ploy' to hate Islam. Islam does a fine enough job of providing fodder for that itself.
List of terrorist attacks

1 - The man has a right to freedom of speech. CONSTITUTIONAL right.
2 - We all have to put up with idiots who use their rights in absurd ways.
3 - So what if Muslims get upset over this. That should not mean our Constitutional rights go out the window.
4 - Muslims who are upset over this are hypocrites. Bibles and Christian articles are destroyed on a regular basis in Islamic countries.
5 - Muslims should learn exactly where their religion REALLY came from ... 'why I am not a muslim' by Ibn Warriq
6 - The REAL issue is that Obama got involved. One minister who was utilizing his right to free speech and his right to burn whatever book he wants ... and the POTUS gets involved. Now any whack out there knows he can get the attention of the White House and hold the POTUS (at least THIS potus) hostage.

edit on 9/10/2010 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by patent98310
God damn, ATS. Your being overrun by bigoted assholes.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by InterestedUK
I can't believe the amount of supposedly-intelligent ATS members who actually want this guy to have his fire.

We don't want him to have his fire. We want him to be able to exercise his RIGHT to his fire. Big difference.

Dude, I have the right to point and laugh at a baby with AIDS. Doesn't mean I do it. As I said, screw your First Amendment if it means it's going to cause a holy war.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join