It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We don't want him to have his fire. We want him to be able to exercise his RIGHT to his fire.

Hi IS able to exercise his right to fire. No one is stopping him.

Non-muslims don't need a 'ploy' to hate Islam. Islam does a fine enough job of providing fodder for that itself.
List of terrorist attacks

Islam = terrorist attacks, huh? Interesting bit of propaganda there...

Some of you are trying to blame Obama for this!
That's not too surprising, though. The pastor says he made a deal with Rauf regarding the Manhattan mosque. He didn't say that Obama made him stop. That's just wishful thinking on your part. I still say the pastor lied about a deal so he can cause more trouble when Rauf "doesn't keep his end of the deal". Whoever believes this pastor needs to get a clue.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Okay so, let me get this straight.

By reading most of the posts on this thread- it would be my right as a citizen, to gather all the Holy Bibles I can find, and burn them without anyone giving me issues about it. Because it's my right to do so?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Yes is you right to do just that, but if you are a Christian American you know that Islamic terrorist or radicals are doing that already along with our flag and killing our soldiers.

So, actually, you don't have to burn anything, but don't dare hint that you will burn the Koran because lo and behold the president itself will come down and talk to you personally.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

am i the only person that spells it "KORAN" or is it an american spelling via european spelling ?, just wondering :S

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

He was attacked by our own government. Have you heard of the "Patriot Act"?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
founding fathers of this nation are all pissed right now .

Washington
Adams

I am sure the British Love this . Anything to give law and rule to America must be a dream to them. There job is done , the Freedom is over if America has no freedom lol

I bet there all just really happy they way our nation has turned into a big bowl of fearing Americans who care more about people all over the world

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Simply amazing. They burn our flag and burn effigies of our leaders, we follow the "rules of war" and they cut off the heads of reporters. I know we (America) can be asses at times and I understand much of the anger toward our country. But why is it always America (and within America...the majority) that has to bow to the whims of others? I know that many times we must take the "higher ground", but this is getting old. Hell, if someone breaks into my house with a knife and announces he is going to steal my property, I can't even defend myself (effectively) any more without getting my ass sued off. I, for one...would like the playing field to be a little more even...and fair. Even in politics, trade, etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
One Christian, effectively silenced.

Christian?

Are we talking about the same man. He's about as christian as my shoe.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

What about those of us who have studied Islam and have come to the conclusion that it is a violent and hate-filled religion, while still acknowledging that there are many peaceful Muslims who are more honorable and hospitable than most other people around?

Besides, you dont see me or some other Christian calling for death threats and such as a result of your insulting our Lord and savior by calling Him gay and such in your avatar. And you do this knowing it is insulting. Whether it was the media or not, Islam has shown it's violent face as a result of this man's plans, whether or not they go through.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Yea, you could, and it would be your right. People would get in an uproar about it and have just as much right to call you an idiot for doing it as you would for doing it. That's your right. It would bother me, yes, and not because it is my "holy book" but because somebody has the character to simply wish insult for no reason other than to insult.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by infinite

Islamic extremist will still behead, kill and bomb Americans in foreign soil, they will still burn bibles and flags, we just don't have the balls anymore to retaliate back, American citizens are learning their place in the world.

What about the Christian fundamentalists, who have carried out terrorist attacks in the United States against abortion clinics and doctors? If this is a true War on Terror, why hasn't the Klu Klux Klan been listed as a domestic terrorist organisation and members arrested?

I see great double standards here.

edit on 10-9-2010 by infinite because: coding error

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

There's a difference between people claiming to be Christian and attacking people/buildings, and Muslims killing innocent people in the very name of their religion for the glory of their god.

If that isnt enough, look at the numbers. Your argument holds no water what-so-ever.

Edit: I dont agree with the Ku Klux Klan either, but as long as they arent hurting anybody or breaking any laws, they can do and say what they want. If an individual member of that society breaks the law, they should be arrested and punished just like anyone else without regard to their associations. Then you have equality, when who we are really has no influence at all on our judgment.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Mykahel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Even though the preacher had the right to burn whatever, (not that it would have really mattered) I thought he was a little goofy and looking for attention.

Well, I was more right than not but not how I expected.

This cat is pretty cagey! He "earned" a dialoge with the POS imam thats building the VICTORY mosque (regardless if you believe it or not!) in NY.

"You dont build the mosque, I dont burn your books".

When the imam refuses (and he will!) the preacher will likely barbeque some paper (and the muzzies will go berzerk). The imam will be partly to blame.

The saracens (and their apologists) are screaming about respect, tolerance (horse crap). If the bastards building the mosque were RESPECTFUL AND TOLERANT they would move the location of their monument (or not build it at all).

Personally, I think we should ban mosque building till Christians can build a church or openly walk the streets in Saudi holding a bible without fear. When our troops had extra bibles sent (REGARDLESS of the reason) and the muslim governments demanded they be destroyed, did you have the christian world screaming "kill kill kill" over this? nope.

We dont live in the 6th century.

It would rock if this preacher could leverage the muzzies from building but I dont see it happening.

You muslim butt kissers remember your muzzie friends love you when they're screaming KEEEL! KEEEEEL! as the books burn. Religion of peace my ass.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

the guy in that first video is mentally disturbed. that is my opinion.

i didn't watch the other videos. that first guy gave me enough stupid to last all day.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We don't want him to have his fire. We want him to be able to exercise his RIGHT to his fire.

Hi IS able to exercise his right to fire. No one is stopping him.

Non-muslims don't need a 'ploy' to hate Islam. Islam does a fine enough job of providing fodder for that itself.
List of terrorist attacks

Islam = terrorist attacks, huh? Interesting bit of propaganda there...

Some of you are trying to blame Obama for this!
That's not too surprising, though. The pastor says he made a deal with Rauf regarding the Manhattan mosque. He didn't say that Obama made him stop. That's just wishful thinking on your part. I still say the pastor lied about a deal so he can cause more trouble when Rauf "doesn't keep his end of the deal". Whoever believes this pastor needs to get a clue.

Really you wouldn't believe this guy over a Imam who works with the State Department and conducts FBI Training?

Terry Jones Accused of 'Spiritual Abuse' at Cologne Church

US fundamentalist pastor Terry Jones, who wants to burn copies of the Koran on Sept. 11, ran a church in the western German city of Cologne until last year when members of the congregation expelled him. Former members have spoken of his hate-filled sermons and insistence on "blind obedience."

www.spiegel.de...

That's just so bizarre you wouldn't find Jones credible just because:

In the United States, Jones has already attracted attention on several occasions as an Islamophobic provocateur. What is less well known is that the pastor led a charismatic evangelical church, the Christian Community of Cologne, in the western German city up until 2009. Last year, however, the members of the congregation kicked founder Jones out, because of his radicalism. One of the church's current leaders, Stephan Baar, also told the German news agency DPA that there had been suspicions of financial irregularities in the church surrounding Jones.

Just because he was stealing from his congregation is no reason to doubt his integrity!

A "climate of fear and control" had previously prevailed in the congregation, says one former member of the church who does not want to be named. Instead of free expression, "blind obedience" was demanded, he says.

These are the New American Values since 9-11 Fear and Control, Blind Obdedience, so Jones is truly a great American, you know considering he has only lived here for about one year since 1980.

Various witnesses gave SPIEGEL ONLINE consistent accounts of the Jones' behavior. The pastor and his wife apparently regarded themselves as having been appointed by God, meaning opposition was a crime against the Lord. Terry and Sylvia Jones allegedly used these methods to ask for money in an increasingly insistent manner, as well as making members of the congregation carry out work.

All in the fine Jones tradition, the Jim Jones tradition, more Kool-Aide anyone?

I mean this is the guy I want to represent me for obvious reasons like:

'Delusional Personality'

Former church members are still undergoing therapy as a result of "spiritual abuse," Schäfer said. According to Schäfer, Jones urged church members to beat their children with a rod and also taught "a distinctive demonology" and conducted brainwashing.

Yes if ever there were a American we can all rally around and trust in and be proud of it's Terry Jones! I can't believe you would try to disparage his characther Benovalent Heretic!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Of course the man has every right to burn the book, however this was such a poorly calculated move it's hard to fathom what went through his mind. This book burning, tied with the "ground zero mosque" protests has given the dangerous extremists a massive recruiting drive. There are reports coming out about these extremists saying it's the best thing to happen for years. It has given them so much ammunition that their cause, which many believed was flagging is now gaining strength. I'll leave you with this BBC report.

Protests Sweep Afghanistan

When troops die in the coming months i think they will say it's retaliation for this book burning and i hope the pastor is happy with himself. Yes he has the right to burn the book, but all it has done is set any chances of peace back a long way.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just goes to show you, violence is the answer. If you want people to not diss yo turf you just got to go killing, torturing, and terrorizing in its name. That way people will be afraid for their dear lives and won't diss it, even if they hatin'.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Double standards are everywhere, but when we as a nation and me as a citizen is asked to bend over because political correctness and be worry about living in my own nation and in my own house I say screw the Islamic extremist and all that they represent they can kiss my Latino butt, because they still will not stop killing and beheading soldiers and westerners on TV, they still burning our flags as we speak and bibles also, they are not better than any other religion in the world and now they are the worst.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

With worldwide attention I figured the death-threats must be pouring in with details of his home/family/church/etc...

I'm glad this isn't going through.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO with Freedom of Religion or State as far as I'm concerned.

www.cnn.com/breaking

edit on 9-9-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

[/quote

but does yor cranium have more uranium than the crazed false flag zionist contrarian?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
wrong quote above , was after a certain signature

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join