It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by justadood

Has it been mentioned this Pastor has only 30 followers?

Who gave this guy a platform?

I suspect that this whole NON-STORY is being promoted by 'the left' in the same way the NON-STORY about the 'terror mosque' is being promoted by 'the right'.

Huh?

OK - I know this is a conspiracy site - - but not buying that one.

why not? What other possible reason is there for this total non story to be INTERNATIONAL headline news?

An idiot racist with a congregation of 30 gets this sort of media attention? I bet you could find a church in every state who has some sort of similar event in the past. and yet this ONE idiot gets total, 24 hour international media attention just in time to perfectly balance out the whole Fox-news 'terror mosque' story?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thanks!

This is my 3rd front page, top thread, thread I've had this week.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Since the Quran basis part of Islam on different views of Torah and the Gospels most Muslims wouldn't burn a Bible because in a sense it is part of their belief system.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
If all of this is true, and I hope it is, how much do people want to bet many Muslims will still burn US flags? Any takers?

I wasn't aware there was ever a day when they didn't burn them.

You know, I'd just like things to be CLEAR- if someone declares open hunting season on ME, I want the right to declare open hunting season on THEM.

Why is the US putting up with these 'elected Afghan officials' calling for death of Americans over some stupid ink and paper?

The message is supposed to be in your heart and mind anyway. If the message is peace, then practice it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

great comment Hadri. Reminds me of an instance not so far back in history...

There were threats of violence. Organizing within religious communities to deter some very unpopular ideas. Police with batons, news cameras, a few words from the Federal Cabal Executive. Almost all the same elements as this here pastor...

Although in this other historical case, the individual at the centre had the backing of the police and Cabal Exec... It was a student with different melanin than most who wanted to attend a University in the deep South...

How times have changed!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Here is Christianity's new Messiah:

US fundamentalist pastor Terry Jones, who wants to burn copies of the Koran on Sept. 11, ran a church in the western German city of Cologne until last year when members of the congregation expelled him. Former members have spoken of his hate-filled sermons and insistence on "blind obedience."

www.spiegel.de...

America's new hero was kicked out of Germany for fleecing his congregation!

Former church members are still undergoing therapy as a result of "spiritual abuse," Schäfer said. According to Schäfer, Jones urged church members to beat their children with a rod and also taught "a distinctive demonology" and conducted brainwashing.

Wow what a prince!

Jones became increasingly radical as the years went by, former associates say. At one point he wanted to help a homosexual member to "pray away his sins." Later he began to increasingly target Islam in his sermons. A congregation member reported that some members were afraid to attend services because they expected to be attacked by Muslims. "Terry Jones has a talent for finding topical social issues and seizing on them for his own cause," says Schäfer.

Sounds like our man!

y the end of 2007, the community had had enough. Members confronted him and tried to change the direction of the church. But Terry Jones refused to make changes, they say. In the end, Jones, his wife and their fellow preachers were expelled from the church and he moved back to the US. "The community imploded," says Schäfer. It only has some 80 active members today.

I can see why a guy like this would need America's free speech!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Here is Christianity's new Messiah:

Not quite.

I do hope you are being sarcastic. If not you might want to rethink that statement.

Raist

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Agora gets released in the US in Oct. 2010.

Now, it won awards and was the #1 hit in Spain, at least. But no one would distribute it in the US for fear of ticking off Christians, or the Jews...no one much cared about pagans I guess.

But it is SO SO relevant.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Amid the uncivilized screaming,irratic and phsycotic behavior, taking to the streets and burning American Flags and effigies of American citizens who dare to exercise their right to free speech, the death threats and call for global uprisings, the Islamic world has once again proved they are not a faith of peace, they ARE a faith of hatred and vengence.

I myself think the burning of the quran, if it risks the lives of those abroad, should not be publicly burned, however, I do not agree that threats of terrorism globally is the way to stop it, that lack of sanity in reasoning is why no country other than islamic states want muslims there, they are blood hungry beasts.

IMO, these events have only solidified those sentiments, around the world, and I am now convinced, where I used to think otherwise, that muslims agenda is world dominance through terror tactics.

edit on 9-9-2010 by space cadet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
If all of this is true, and I hope it is, how much do people want to bet many Muslims will still burn US flags? Any takers?

One day (and it won't be too soon) people will figure out (finally) it's not about what other people are doing, it's about what you are doing.

If you want people to drive your world and your life, and set your agenda and goals for you then by all means react to every little thing, every body does.

If you want to be in control of your own life and world, the only person you really need to worry about, consider, or judge is you.

Gee thanks Mr Rogers.
but i think you missed my point. I wasn't dwelling on the actions of others, I was taking a jab at the monstrous hypocrisy and bias most people spew daily.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
At least Americans don't back down to terrorist threats.What a joke. So in short he was unable to exercise his right as an American for fear of being attacked by terrorist. George Washington would be proud.

Then you would support my right to burn a pile of bibles?
I'm glad to hear someone is open minded about freedom, and not just their version of it.

I could care less if the guy burned whatever. There are always consequences for actions though.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Whomever did, he soon saw it turn into a plank, hanging over the side of a ship at sea.
He decided not to walk it of course.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I think that's the question we should all be asking.

edit on 9-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: fixed quotes

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
this pastor is so clueless, that it makes me SAD

its like he is a 5 year old child, that really dont have any idea of what he is doing

at least he gave up on that non sense, but still, he is clueless ...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
At least Americans don't back down to terrorist threats.What a joke. So in short he was unable to exercise his right as an American for fear of being attacked by terrorist. George Washington would be proud.

Then you would support my right to burn a pile of bibles?
I'm glad to hear someone is open minded about freedom, and not just their version of it.

I could care less if the guy burned whatever. There are always consequences for actions though.

We supported your right to put a crucifix in a jar of piss. We supported your right to decorate the Virgin Mary with elephant #, and there wasn't rioting/burning cars/buildings/smashing windows was there?

I think it's high time the world stopped tiptoeing to Islams fiddle. Sometimes in life people will do things that don't make you happy.

You can deal with it as an adult, or you can deal with it as a primitive savage.

Do I agree with the pastor's agenda? No.

But sooner or later you are going to be dragged out of the 7th century whether you like it or not.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The pastor should have followed through and burned the damn books, now all of islam has been shown once again, that if they threaten the west with violence against their backwards and hate filled religion, the west will just bend over like little bitches....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
God damn, ATS. Your being overrun by bigoted assholes.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BluesBassist

No. far from it actually. The pastor bent over like a little bitch, not America. Burning the Quran is like throwing a #ing tantrum. How bought a bunch of Atheists burn the bible on Christmas? It would be their right to burn the bible, the flag even. But when they do it wouldn't you agree they look like little bitches just trying to get some attention?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

True, they would look like little bitches. But I don't believe the WORLD would need to worry about terrorist attacks if someone burned the bible. It is a book. What if the pastor doesn't burn it, but Cartman does, on Southpark? Not much different to radicals now is it?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

In all honesty I couldn't give a flying f**k who burns what, religion doesn't run my lifeand like you said its their RIGHT.

What pisses me off is the double standards many preach. Its ok for muslims to threaten worldwide jihads and use violence to threaten anyone who speaks ill of their backwards religion and to preaches hate and death to the infidel who deserves nothing but death unless he converts. Although when someone decides to do something that offends them, liberal muslim sympathisers ignore the daily attrocities caused by these nutjobs and defend them...

NO-ONE but the muslims throw tantrums at anything that remotly offends them about their religion...

Christians and Jews have been ridiculed throughout the ages... funny how I dont remember any burning effigys or threats of violence when the life of brian was released just a lot of peaceful protests by pissed off christians...

Grow up and stop defending these violent hate filled people that don't bring anything to society in general....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join