It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That my friend doesn't matter how much you explain what is happening right now with the issue of the pastors rights to burn people still doesn't get it.

Wake up America we just lost another right, because we most bend to private and special foreign interest, America is losing its balls one at a time.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Good news is not long lasting.

Doubt many will notice.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Whats the bets this won't stop a certain kind of Muslim, burning flags and singing in the streets.

Let it burn, let it all burn!

Peace
ALS

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
"Where they burn books, so too will they in the end burn human beings"

H Heine in a 1821 play on the Inquisition

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

This no just about burning books anymore Infinite, this a reminder to all Americans that in this nation private and foreign interest rules over.

Lesson learn, we have no longer an indentity and is about to get worst.

Islamic extremist will still behead, kill and bomb Americans in foreign soil, they will still burn bibles and flags, we just don't have the balls anymore to retaliate back, American citizens are learning their place in the world.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
this is probably all a setup for more "terrorist" attacks, so we can jump in another 10 year war, all the contractors need a few extra million for mansion add-ons.

I say instead of burning just qurans, we burn all the religious books at the same time.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The burning of anothers Holy book in the United States is Anti-American. Have you forgotten that this country is built upon freedom of religion, thats freedom for all and is for all not just the religions you approve of.

The burning of anothers Holy book is as Anti-Christian as one can become. When did Jesus do or teach his followers to commit such an insult to another?

This Pastor is an Embarassment to me as an American and as a Christian, how dare he shame America and Christ with such an act.

He has proven that he is a brain-washed folly-er of the major news networks in this country. There already a Mosque in the area of ground zero, was there prior to 9-11 and suffered damage during 9-11 and is closer to ground zero than the proposed Mosque will be built.

Wake-up

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is what irks me so bad about today's politically correct society. It irks me so bad in fact that I want to vomit in disgust at the worlds ignorance to the true danger that is coddling.

We coddle the Muslims, giving and giving while they take and take. We don't dare to speak out, because we'd be labeled as politically incorrect or racist. Our governments don't speak out because Islam is steadily growing in Europe and across the west. Don't want to upset future voters!

Another thing that sickens me, is the political double standards that exist. It's totally fine if Islamists burn flags of "enemy" countries, it's totally fine if they burn Bibles, the Torah. In fact, the wold doesn't even blink an eye!

But as soon as some small time hick pastor decides that enough is enough, and that he'd like to "give an eye for an eye" the world wakes up in utter fury! W.T.F.

This is exactly why Islam is the No.1 growing religion in the world today, because no one dares speak out against them allowing them free roam to do whatever the hell they choose to do. Be it forcing one culture to accommodate them or honor killings. The West aren't allowed to say anything, not even voice their God given right to show their concerns!

This is what happens when you coddle folks, you loose your ground and before you know it, when you finally decide to put your foot down, you have no ground to put it on!

See this video about the French's home being taken from them.

Youtube direct link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

No, the pastor is a moron, but he in this issue represents Christianity and in a nation that is majority Christian it means that now Christianity will bend to the wishes of Islam because of political correctness.

And nobody tells Islam no to burn American flags, kill American soldiers and burn bibles, but they have now gotten away with telling a Majority Christan nation to be very afraid

Wake up my friend and smell the deceptions, lies and the way that Islamic nations are now ruling over other nations hiding behind the veil of terrorism retaliation.

Wake up !!!!!!!

edit on 10-9-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Libertygal I agree with you. The muslims are not tolerant of others and their beliefs.

How many times have we seen thousands of protestors burning American Flags and hollering death to America on the news. One lone man turns the tables on them and the whole world takes notice and complains how wrong he is.

Double standards

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

This has grown to epic proportions, and now for a reality check for any and all, please take in carefully what i am about to say, i am not attacking muslims, i am just trying to place this within a context that may open new doors of thought... if i were to say we have a "download the koran and delete it" day tomorrow... would that be any different?? we could then undelete print it and burn it and this offends??... lol if i open up a webpage that has the complete text of the koran on that page and i close it does that offend muslims??? i have in essence destroyed a copy of the sacred book, it's just not in such a tangible form.. This "book" we continue to weigh ourselves down with is an archaic form, let's say we take away books because there are no more trees and offer only digital versions of books in say oh two or three hundred years then are the digital versions just as sacred? This is foolish and lacking precognitive thought from both sides.. get a grip people, its the message that matters not the medium..

That is why this is soooooo stupid.

edit on 10-9-2010 by aboveabovetopsecret because: quotation marks

edit on 10-9-2010 by aboveabovetopsecret because: sp

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rede2go

Is not just double standards is outrage hypocrisy and the biggest hypocrites is the same government that lie to the Christian American nation into hating Islamic extremist so the private interest behind the war of Afghanistan and Iraq could get public approval for war.

Now, bend over America specially Christian America, our government doesn't give a crap about how many soldiers are killed, they are trying to protect the private interest now working in Iraq and Afghanistan for profits.

And a moron pastor in Florida is the fall bad buy, but how come Islamic extremist has not given a second look at the private greedy interest operating in two Islamic countries? because they are also corrupted and been pay to turn the face the other way.

Is about time that America learn the real lesson behind the issue of moron pastor in Florida book burning, the corruption of our corporate government and the spread of that corruption into the leadership of the Islamic leaders, that also happen to be playing with their followers while pocketing American interest money, while allowing their followers to kill American soldiers and do as they wish .

edit on 10-9-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
50 people in his congregation. Burn the Koran on 9/11. Worldwide news. Will he? Won't he? Will he? Won't he? Distraction. Why?

A brief history of some book burning:

"The speech and book burnings are accompanied by the singing of Nazi songs and anthems.

A hundred years earlier, the German-Jewish poet, Heinrich Heine, had stated, "Where books are burned, human beings are destined to be burned too.""

www.historyplace.com...

Lets flash forward to 2010. Will he burn Koran. Looks like he won't. Panic over.

HOLD ON A MINUTE. WHAT THIS ? WHOS IS BURNING BOOKS NOW?? HUH? REALLY?

WASHINGTON — Defense Department officials are negotiating to buy and destroy all 10,000 copies of the first printing of an Afghan war memoir

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Exactly what I conclude to. Just seems to make the most sense that The White House was all over the end result. Maybe something good wil come from the meeting.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well that was short lived. He's saying that the quran burning could very well go forward.

ATS Story Here

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I can't help but think this guy is way smarter than anyone is giving him credit for. The Mosque at ground zero is within the rights given to all in the US to build, but it's a stupid idea and would upset many, now this guy knows that burning the quran would be a stupid idea but is also within his rights as a US citizen. I think he never had any plans to actually go through with it, but simply wanted to point out the blatant hypocrisy of the whole thing.

Or maybe he is just a nut job.

Oh to be a quran salesman in Florida.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

He changed his mind again.

He has confirmed that they will not burn the Koran tomorrow(9/11)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Following this story on message boards and forums I just find it so amusing how everyone has condemned Terry Jones for what he wanted to do and then that is where their condemnation stops.

They do not condemn the people that were burning US flags and shouting "death to Christians".

Then that prick Karzai comes on TV and is speaking about how Terry Jones has offended "nations" (based upon the fact that there are 1.5billion Muslims) yet he does not condemn the idiots burning a NATIONAL FLAG (the book is not a national book).

Karzai is an idiot. Obama condemns idiotic Jones for his idiotic act but Karzai won't condemn his idiotic people for their idiotic acts.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by john_bmth
Burning flags is stupid. Burning books is stupid. I highly doubt George Washington would care who was the bigger idiot.

I highly doubt that since Washington had a flag with him
when he crossed the Delaware by boat.

Did he burn it?

If you're going to argue, at least do it about something with a factual basis. Old George took the boat across the Delaware on Christmas Day in 1776. The U. S. didn't even have a flag then, until the Continental Congress passed a resolution adopting a flag with 13 stars and 13 stripes. The iconic painting by Leutze wasn't done until 1850 and was an allegory, not a factual reconstruction.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Exactly, it comes down to what kind of nation we have become, a bend over nation in the name of political correctness of a courageous nation that invaded two Islamic nations in the name of fighting terrorism.

Now you can see the hypocrisy behind the political leaders we have, now you can see who our nations cater too.

We as a nation has gotten so low that people still can not grasp that fact.

The pastor maybe a moron, but he represents what is left of what can be call American courage, either that or he is been payed to create the controversy here

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join