It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paster cancels Quran burning

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

So you want to burn the bible on Christmas? Go for it.

I as a Christian can tell you the Word of God lives on without the paper the ink is placed on. If you would like I will even toss a bible on the fire for you. The only bible I would have an issue with is one that I have a sentimental tie to, other than that burn away.

You flames might destroy a book but you can never destroy the Word of God, His Word is more powerful than you or some fire ever will be. Before you toss stones you might want to worry about the one tied to your neck first. I for one do not care if you want to burn the a bible or a truck load of them. God’s Word is more than ink and paper.

Besides the bible is the most printed book in history, I can buy another.

Raist

edit on 9/10/10 by Raist because: missed a word somehow

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Just like to wish our Muslim members a happy Eid, that you & your families have a great time tonight.

And if anyone wants to invite me to a party it'd be ever so much appreciated

As to this strange fellow over in Florida, I'd prefer if he doesn't follow through with his book burning protest. Life really is too short for all the rancour it'll cause.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

That's the spirit, I second that Happy Eid to all our Muslim Members and Muslims around the world. I did a great thread on celebrating Eid as a non-Muslim Ambassador of Goodwill last year. I went around wishing all the Muslims I know Happy Eid and giving them Fruits, Nuts and Pastries and was treated so great in return.

I got invited today by one of them down to a big sunrise celebration and service in Miami Gardens. I am not religious so I am not going to go, but I sure had fun last year wishing my Muslim friends, and neighbors Happy Eid and look forward to doing it again this year.

If the average American only knew the cookies and food they were missing out on.

Hint: Burning a Quran will not get you Eid treats!

Hint: Saying Happy Eid to some of the nicest and warmest Americans you would ever want to meet, Muslim Americans will!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
As to this strange fellow over in Florida, I'd prefer if he doesn't follow through with his book burning protest. Life really is too short for all the rancour it'll cause.

Life is too short to worry about what another might do that will upset you period. Being angry all the time is wasted energy that could be directed to much better things like love, or “personal time” with your spouse.

Raist

edit on 9/10/10 by Raist because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

There was a church pastor last year who was going to burn Bibles because he disagreed with the translations. I disagree with burning something that others value be it a religious book, a flag, someones possessions etc. That to me is hateful. The Bible I read says we are to abhor what is evil, but it also says not to recompense evil with evil. It says to love my neighbor and forgive others and to help others in need. We can look at this several ways. There are many radical Muslims. We can try to change their beliefs by loving them or by hating them. The Bible even says something about that too.Anyone can love a friend who loves them but it's harder to love an enemy.
The Bible also says we are to do good to our enemies, pray for them, and bless them. Perhaps Pastor Jones forgot that part?

If it makes you feel like a better person to burn the Bible that Christians cherish that is your choice. I will forgive you as God forgives me.

edit on 10-9-2010 by LAinhabitant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
I saw the Pastor interviewed. He got in WAY over his head on this one. He went from small town to big leagues and realized how much trouble this could cause.

I think it's funny that they are trying to say it's the result of some "deal" he brokered. Sounds like he's just saying that to save face.

edit on 9-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: spelling

Small people in small places eh. Good thing we have our freedoms to protect us, right!

Otherwise, we're just at the mercy of those who force their way on us.

Oh wait... Oops!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
Just like to wish our Muslim members a happy Eid, that you & your families have a great time tonight.

And if anyone wants to invite me to a party it'd be ever so much appreciated

Happy eid!

Oops

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
I think it is funny how muslims demand religous tolerance and have no problem burning flags and bibles, but have no tolerence of their own.

Pretty telling, IMO.

Telling, indeed.

The US Flag is a religious symbol?
As for burning Bibles, a quick google search only comes up with the US Military doing it, to the government distributed ones in Afghanistan in 2009

But you are right:
Since some countries have little religous tolerance, we shouldn't have either.
Some countries also have dictators, and little to no representation. We should abolish that too, while we are at it, to show them bigots!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
[

There is NO doubt that the US FLAG is a very, very sacred symbol to a lot of people.
People have died for what it stands for. There's no question it pains some people's souls when it is burnt.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
A US Christian pastor is rethinking his decision to cancel a Koran-burning event after claiming he was lied to over a deal.
Pastor Terry Jones agreed to call off the book-burning following alleged promises that a proposed mosque in New York would be moved away from the site of the 2001 terror attacks.

But later, outside his Florida church, Mr Jones claimed he was "lied to" after Imam Muhammad Musri and the leader of the New York mosque said there was no such deal.

news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

[

There is NO doubt that the US FLAG is a very, very sacred symbol to a lot of people.
People have died for what it stands for. There's no question it pains some people's souls when it is burnt.

Emotionally charged?
Yes, no doubt.
But religous???

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
I think it is funny how muslims demand religous tolerance and have no problem burning flags and bibles, but have no tolerence of their own.

Pretty telling, IMO.

Telling, indeed.

As for burning Bibles, a quick google search only comes up with the US Military doing it, to the government distributed ones in Afghanistan in 2009

But you are right:
Since some countries have little religous tolerance, we shouldn't have either.
Some countries also have dictators, and little to no representation. We should abolish that too, while we are at it, to show them bigots!

Guess who else loves to burn Bibles, and will put you in jail for handing one out for up to a year!

The New Testament was burned publicly at Orat State Religious School in Beith Shamesh, Israel . The Principal Rabbi Yair Bachar ordered the burning and Ronen Tzarum, sixth-grade teacher led the burning. Bringing the bible by one student of sixth- grade in school, led to this horrifying event. The student was carrying the Hebrew version of the Bible. "This week before Hanukka, Tazram discovered that one of his sixth-grade student had brought in a Hebrew copy of the New Testament, given to him by Christian missionaries. The teacher consulted with Bachar and, after receiving his approval, burned the book in the school courtyard," The Jerusalem Report, December 28, 2001.

One segment of Israeli society is blaming the Missionaries for the incident. "Several People said that the focus of the incident should not be on the burning of the New Testament or on the educators responsible for it, but on the proselytizing that led to a student to bring the book to class.

www.mediamonitors.net...

Isreal in fact has some of the stiffest laws against proselytizing by Christians, possession of a New Testament in Public can get you in some serious trouble, try to give it away to someone who is not Christian and you could end up in jail for up to a year.

Thankfully we here in America are tolerant to one anothers religions

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

One Christian, effectively silenced.

I am just SO thrilled.

Who's next?
Cartoon network, Danish Cartoonist, Salmon Rushdie, Cartman...

You are just too right, everyone should go around doing whatever they please, no matter the repercussions at home and abroad. It's downright despicable that the good reverend canceled an event that knowingly put lives in danger. Who cares about everyone else anyway?

If only everyone in the world acted purely on ego, then it would be a true utopia!

No one silenced this man. He advertised his own stupidity and wiser individuals advised him not to do it. The negative repercussions of his actions far outweighed any possible benefits. He made a surprisingly wise decision.

Oh, and for the idiots saying that Muslims regularly burn the U.S. flag and Bibles...grow up. MOST Muslims have never burned a flag, and would choose not to given the opportunity. True, tolerant and average Muslims RESPECT the Bible and hold it in high regards. Go to an Arab land as a Christian and you will still be considered a "follower of the Book." The media's representation of Islam really brings out the gullible around here.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84

One Christian, effectively silenced.

I am just SO thrilled.

Who's next?
Cartoon network, Danish Cartoonist, Salmon Rushdie, Cartman...

You are just too right, everyone should go around doing whatever they please, no matter the repercussions at home and abroad. It's downright despicable that the good reverend canceled an event that knowingly put lives in danger. Who cares about everyone else anyway?

If only everyone in the world acted purely on ego, then it would be a true utopia!

No one silenced this man. He advertised his own stupidity and wiser individuals advised him not to do it. The negative repercussions of his actions far outweighed any possible benefits. He made a surprisingly wise decision.

Good to know the troops are now safe and out of harms way, since this pastor did not follow up with his outrageous act.

Whew, close call, he almost killed them.

In a war zone..

Against people who already want to kill them.

BUT theyre safe now. Right?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Your logic is flawless. It wasn't just about troops. It was about pissing gasoline on a fire for no other reason than to spread hate. What could have been gained by the pastor burning what BILLIONS consider to be a holy book?

Are we justifying our actions now based on our enemy's? What could have been lost due to the pastor's actions, well, much more than its worth.

What exactly is your stake in this situation anyway? I have no qualms with an Aussie, I shared an FOB with a few. But what exactly do you care about what this implies about the United States of America?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Definitely!
Israel is another Country to look for models regarding religous tolerance!
Just like North Korea is for Democracy
And China for working conditions.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by badw0lf

Your logic is flawless. It wasn't just about troops. It was about pissing gasoline on a fire for no other reason than to spread hate. What could have been gained by the pastor burning what BILLIONS consider to be a holy book?

Are we justifying our actions now based on our enemy's? What could have been lost due to the pastor's actions, well, much more than its worth.

What exactly is your stake in this situation anyway? I have no qualms with an Aussie, I shared an FOB with a few. But what exactly do you care about what this implies about the United States of America?

I don't think a lot of people are stopping to consider either, the amount of tax payer money this pastor has already wasted in agents of the government and officers of the government spending time and money to caution him over what he is getting himself into and a whole lot of potentially other innocent people caught in the cross fire he creates.

Let alone the money that would be spent in protecting him from the potential backlash of his own lack of common sense.

As I said earlier, I have the right to tell a 6'5 300 pound former boxer his girlfriend is rude and ugly, but if I have to have a police officer between me and him to protect him from mopping up the floor with me, the Police officer is not going to be real thrilled I put him in that position and that he has to get caught up in the drama and potential danger of it too.

I think some people imagine this is a video game or something, where since it's not likely to effect them they just want to press the button, to see what will happen.

A whole lot of people are going to have to pick up the tab for this one man's right to be an idiot and a jerk, and considering he got kicked out of Germany and was expelled from his own Church by his own Congregation there for fear mongering, promoting congregants beat their children with rods, and brainwashing them to be so fearful some were afraid to leave their houses for fear that random Muslims would attack them, and many are still in Therapy today, and many gave their life's savings to him at his insistence, seeing this guy as some kind of American champion of free speech is just nuts.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Terry, I HOPE TO THE GOD IN THE “NORMAL BIBLE” that you go ahead with the burning of a “BOOK” that “DESTROYERS OF PEACE” WORSHIP. If i was able to be with you, i would help you light every one of them piece by piece. The whole race should be receiving the same threats and treatment so that they may one day see REALITY and stop trying to PUCH THEIR BELIEFS onto other people worldwide wherever they decide to live, and aim to rule. From a Man in Britain, where in the next 15 to 25 years, there will be no more democracy, because they will simply out number us via their breeding habits, and hence the “What Was” BRITISH CITIZEN, will have no say in how the United Kingdom is run.
Regards

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Terry, I HOPE TO THE GOD IN THE “NORMAL BIBLE” that you go ahead with the burning of a “BOOK” that “DESTROYERS OF PEACE” WORSHIP. If i was able to be with you, i would help you light every one of them piece by piece. The whole race should be receiving the same threats and treatment so that they may one day see REALITY and stop trying to PUSH THEIR BELIEFS onto other people worldwide wherever they decide to live, and aim to rule. From a Man in Britain, where in the next 15 to 25 years, there will be no more democracy, because they will simply out number us via their breeding habits, and hence the “What Was” BRITISH CITIZEN, will have no say in how the United Kingdom is run.
Regards

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I just had an idea, since the mosque is at the root of this problem, what should be done is every religion known should buy up the surrounding properties and build large christian, catholic, jewish, satanist, wiccan, methodist, and whatever other religions there are, all around the peaceful place. It would then be more befitting the area surrounding 9/11.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join