It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Going back to the opening post, I was looking at the Sols before and after Sol 1070, the one when this photo was taken.

In this photo the rover was "looking" back from where it came, so those objects (or whatever they are) should be visible in the previous Sols, while the rover was moving to its place in Sol 1070, but I cannot find anything that looks like those.

The closest I could find was this, but I know it's not good enough to explain those objects, not even to me.

The OP's image a crop from this image:

It claims that the objects seen have been worked out at exactly 800 feet apart (by whom?). At sol 1070, Opportunity was at the Bay of Toil on Victoria crater (See the traverse map here:

The image looks to be taken roughly towards the east-south-east.

There are 15 of these regularly spaced objects, going across half of the image and well before the horizon. This would give a distance of 12000 feet, or around 4 Km. This seems considerably more than the image suggests - try drawing a 4 Km line across Victoria crater in Google Mars & see what you think. You can even drop in to Google Mars around the crater - see how long a line you can draw on the horizon.

The objects are also not 'exactly' the same distance apart - they are very regularly spaced for sure, but the distances are not exact. There are also indications that they are not in a straight line, some are obviously further away than others.

My guess is that it is seeing something like this:

or this

(the above was taken on sol 1080 looking back at Victoria crater)

Google Mars shows crenellations around the rim that are regularly spaced, and I would go as far as to suggest that everyone of those regularly spaced objects is one of these:

the image above is from one of the regularly spaced bluffs around Victoria crater.

Zoom in on the hi res version of the OP image, starrting on the left hand side you can pretty much follow the line of the crater rim between the objects question.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

Having been at this for quite a few years, I have seen and discussed that very photo. Actually, I believe ArMaP and I have discussed it in the past, as well (I cannot imagine we haven't).

ArMaP is as solid as it gets. Would you care to elucidate on your "false prophets" posting?

Does he owns copyright of that photo?

Did I accuse him of anything? He could be a victim of a hoax as far as I'm concern, now that you mentioned it. But there is something wrong with the pic, if your a truther and a researcher I would dig in to this, just be in a safer side, just be sure thats all.

I'm just a human fellow who is concern of his human brothers and sisters, believe me their are a lot of bad entities out there that pretends to be human when they are not. They hate you and hate me for the simple reason that you are humans. I can sense that he is a good guy and so are you, I'm just warning beware.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by threadworm

so, you are trying to say that the camera has the ability to resolve to that detail at 4km, while simultaneously resolving the ground directly in front of it?

If those piles stretch for 4km, then that IS amazing when applied to perspective. that must mean they are at least 4-5km away.

Wish I had one of those cameras.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

so, you are trying to say that the camera has the ability to resolve to that detail at 4km, while simultaneously resolving the ground directly in front of it?

If those piles stretch for 4km, then that IS amazing when applied to perspective. that must mean they are at least 4-5km away.

Wish I had one of those cameras.

What I'm saying is that it is not 4km, and they are not 800 feet apart. Whoever is claiming that they are is wrong They are bluffs on the crater rim. Some of the bluffs are nearer the camera than others.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am very practical and have done better in life than my very intelligent brother who tested out of a whole year
in college. A prestigious college. What amazes me is how people want to complicate very simple facts in order to hide the truth or to deny the truth. There are so many oddities about things people have seen in photos of Mars. That should spell it all out. I keep dreaming I'm going to Mars in a UFO. I have dreamed this three times.
Weird. I feel that Mars had a civilization like ours and was wiped out by an asteriod. People are so different from one another here, it just looks like massive genetic tampering..... Just like dog breeders. I stood on the Mexican Sun Pyramid, the Pyramid in St. Loius, the Indian Serpent Mound, The Irish ring forts, and Stone Henge.... there
feels like larger forces working in the Universe. You just don't get the same feeling standing on top of a man made building.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
About the photograph above: One and accident, two a coincidence, three a pattern, six holes was a plan.
Lets go visit and see who is right? Wouldn't that be fun to place bets and go?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by threadworm
It claims that the objects seen have been worked out at exactly 800 feet apart (by whom?).

Skyfloating says in the OP that on a thread about this photo that the objects were determined to each be exactly 800 feet apart, but he is wrong, as I pointed out in this post.

At sol 1070, Opportunity was at the Bay of Toil on Victoria crater

Yes, I think that the part of Victoria crater that we see on the OP's photo is the Bay of Toil, and the camera is pointing in the direction of where the rover was on Sol 1028, to the south-west.

I don't think so, there's nothing like that, besides Victoria crater itself, so if we are seeing Victoria crater we cannot be seeing another crater near it, there isn't any.

Now I am more convinced that what we see on that photo are the marks left by the rover, because I found some photos that, although too small, show what I have been looking for.

The photos are from Sol 1067, when the rover was moving away from what I think were the tracks it made from Sol 1065 to Sol 1066, as shown on the traverse map you posted.

I cannot be 100% sure, obviously (I am never 100% sure of anything
), but I think the photos from Sol 1067 explain this case.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
One and accident, two a coincidence, three a pattern, six holes was a plan.

What holes?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

You should look deep inside your self do what you wore told, their is no time to be scared of what people might think of you, you are a gifted person and you know it, you are here for a reason, but time is ticking fast. Stop looking at places where you know their is no answer or stop comforting your curiosity, especially for that one answer your looking for, you have to hurry the passe, I know that you know what I'm talking about.

Call me whatever you whant I know what I'm saying to you.

May God bless you and protect you.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
More pics of the coin, what you make of this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d12b99841ad2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f7cb6023334.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I would suggest the bottom one is photoshopped. If that was real I think NASA may have noticed it and not released the image, no?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Did you saw the earlier picture I posted of this?

Better close up you might whant to take a closer look.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Weird, it even has a rim along its circumference.

Do you have a link to the original NASA image?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Check this out.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Here's the first one:
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

Here's the second one:
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

From the microscopic imager. The circular area has been cut by the Rock Abrasion Tool, it is two inches in diameter. That makes the second "coin" about 1/8" in diameter and the first one about 1/20" (if they were circles).

edit on 9/12/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have an old friend retired from NASA that believes dearly that their is very small people living on Mars, No! I'm not saying thats the case but in these day's? anything is possible, so who knows.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by threadworm
It claims that the objects seen have been worked out at exactly 800 feet apart (by whom?).

Skyfloating says in the OP that on a thread about this photo that the objects were determined to each be exactly 800 feet apart, but he is wrong, as I pointed out in this post.

At sol 1070, Opportunity was at the Bay of Toil on Victoria crater

Yes, I think that the part of Victoria crater that we see on the OP's photo is the Bay of Toil, and the camera is pointing in the direction of where the rover was on Sol 1028, to the south-west.

I don't think so, there's nothing like that, besides Victoria crater itself, so if we are seeing Victoria crater we cannot be seeing another crater near it, there isn't any.

Now I am more convinced that what we see on that photo are the marks left by the rover, because I found some photos that, although too small, show what I have been looking for.

The photos are from Sol 1067, when the rover was moving away from what I think were the tracks it made from Sol 1065 to Sol 1066, as shown on the traverse map you posted.

I cannot be 100% sure, obviously (I am never 100% sure of anything
), but I think the photos from Sol 1067 explain this case.

Good points.

I know the OP was claiming 800 feet, my point was that there was no reference as to who was claiming that they were. I miissed your analysis later.

You're absolutely right about it being SW. When I put ESE, I should have put WSW. Duh! Don't ever ask me to read a map.

I'm not convinced by your tracks theory. The objects may not be 800 feet apart but I think they are still larger than track divots. Again I would urge people to zoom in closely on a high resolution image. You can make out the crater rim, and you can also work out that what appear to be single objects are often two, separated by thin black lines.

They have to be bluffs on the rim of Victoria crater.

edit on 12-9-2010 by threadworm because: typo

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

This photograph looks like six blowholes! Six holes equals a plan. Especially, in patterns for jewlery or bead work. Most of the job is figuring out the new pattern. One is an accident, two holes a coincidence, three a pattern, six holes a planned event. They look like air vents, I don't see a crater in that photo. Sorry to be dramatic to get a response, ancient items on earth were made out of natural things, and they have patterns.
Intelligent design is behind the patterns. Anything ancient left on Mars to be seen would be made from natural items in patterned sequences.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

So that is my fortune cookie? Has anyone taken astronomy here at the college level? Or am I the only one?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Sad, very sad... but non of that matters now, your level of conceited profession will take you nowhere and what you had to do is just pass gone.

Now go to your loved ones an make them that joke you just pulled out on me, and tell us how hard they wore laughing wen they found out it was just a joke for you.

I know your future and it's not looking good at all cause your professional view has blinded you.

This is my last post on this thread, everybody good luck, I did try to warn you all.

God have mercy on you all.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join