It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TallyUFO - It's been 5 years... anyone know what was over my home that day?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

In the Video, his estimate of altitude was 30-40K ft. With the disclaimer about his skill at such estimates. Extremely difficult to do from an aviation point of view. Especially at those numbers.

edit for spelling

edit on by Zeptepi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

What would be a reasonable average wind speed at 30 to 40k? I looked it up and it can reach 120+ knots... And can also change direction quickly in the distance that he has layed out on the map..

I was fully on board with "no way is that a weather balloon" to - There is still a chance that could have been a weather balloon.

The changing light + the movement + The fact that the Alien command center would have put a stop to the hot dogging after the first figure 8.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

It would be rare (IMO) for the winds aloft to abruptly shift directions(at those speeds) in nearly clear weather.

Yes winds can reach those speeds at those alts.

I am reserving judgment on his altitude estimate, due to the difficulty in accurately guessing those high alts.

Below is the link for the current conditions for the region. We could request Archives of their almanac and see if they have them that far back.

There is also a tutorial on how to read this on the site.

www.usairnet.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

Yeah that is the site I was checking to get an average.
2nd line

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fascinating video footage for a number of reasons.

In the first part, I was struck by how it's a social document. A short event is recorded, in real time, that charts the reactions of an early 21st Century family experience of seeing an unidentified object. In terms of a video memory for the family, it's a unique experience to add to the standard Disney trips and ball games at the park.

Without getting all intellectual, it's interesting to hear the daughter speculating about angels. Religious beliefs have been challenged and underpinned by the UFO phenomena for a long time. Angels or ET? Many have asked the question.

As the footage is recorded, the object appears to go through some changes. The most significant imo, is the change in colour. It's a white point of light in the sky for most of the video. As we get further in, it appears pink. Sunset in Tallahassee occurs at 19:50 on that day. I wonder if the object is reflecting sunlight?

The 4th part is taken at 20:12 when the sun's light would have a redder hue due to atmospheric effects which would cause the object to reflect a redder spectrum of colour....Sun below horizon. It's only when the object is zoomed we see distinct red lights that appear to move. If the object was angular, the 'red light' points could be reflected light from the sunset and be exaggerated by the sensitivity of the camera at full zoom.

I've looked for similar sightings on the date in the NUFORC and MUFON databases. Several are reported to NUFORC 09/ 2005 on that day although they don't share the same characteristics/ location. This *possibly* supports the idea that the object was reflecting sunlight and wasn't self-luminescent. Reflected light would explain how a half-hour of UFO sighting would escape the attention of others.

Without the 'moving red lights,' the footage becomes a little less compelling. It becomes a reflective object in the sky. There's no way to approximate altitude or distance using the footage, as far as I know.

Usually, when I see people suggest weather balloons, I groan and think GTFO! In this case, I'm considering if it's possibly a radiosonde? There are National Weather Service projects operating in Florida and Tallahassee. They fly radiosondes.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky.....

Without the 'moving red lights,' the footage becomes a little less compelling. It becomes a reflective object in the sky. There's no way to approximate altitude or distance using the footage, as far as I know.

I agree with that.....the witness cannot estimate the height, size or speed of the object,

Usually, when I see people suggest weather balloons, I groan and think GTFO! In this case, I'm considering if it's possibly a radiosonde? There are National Weather Service projects operating in Florida and Tallahassee. They fly radiosondes.

That is my opinion, as per my previous posts in-thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

MarrsAttax.....

Logical conclusions based on the video but you have to be willing to discount the accompanying eyewitness testimony (which you are free to do of course).

I agree!

One should always pay close attention to "accompanying eye witness testimony", as I have done in this case.

My conclusion is the witnesses do not understand that which they are seeing & they do not understand auto-focus camera effects, etc...

What struck me about this case when I read the original thread was the credibility of the witness statements and indeed the video itself.

I agree again!

It doesn't appear as if the witnesses are perpetrating a hoax.

This is exactly the kind of video that a lot of us here on ATS are always calling for:
- longer than a few seconds
- in context
- realistic dialogue

I agree again!

If one is willing to concede that TallyUFO is sincere in posting a video of a real event as it happened and not some elaborate fake then shouldn't one also be willing to accept his testimony of the object moving rapidly from point to point across the sky (albeit before he had the camera running)

I don't believe we should "accept his testimony of the object moving rapidly from point to point across the sky" without critical analysis of the information that is available from this specific case & the experience, knowledge & skill we have acquired from reviewing myriad other cases.

or at least to consider the possibility that what he says happened actually did happen?

I always "consider the possibility that what" a witness "says happened actually did happen".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Maybe I've missed it, but one of the primary reasons this fizzled out when it was first raised here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
was that Tally either wouldn't or couldn't provide the original footage (not necessarily the original media, just an original resolution, unconverted version) to the mods. If you check that thread out, you will see that Springer offered to take it to some experts, and I'm sure they, or others here, would be happy to help with the process required. Now given that elsewhere Tally has stated that he made several copies of the tape in different forms and on dvd, I wonder why this hasn't happened? ...Tally?

A couple of other points - if something is rising or falling through the atmosphere, it can rapidly change directions when it hits wind shear layers. Have you not seen clouds traveling one way at one level, and a completely different way at another? The transition distance can be a matter of a few feet..

That said, I see descriptions of 'unusual' vectors, so I'll take a closer look.

As for the fan/mushroom shapes - that looks exactly like BOKEH, ie blur caused by the aperture shape. many camcorders do NOT use the nicely rounded, pentagonal or hexagonal apertures, rather they just use internal blades, often of odd shapes - and I've seen *that* shape before on other footage. You can also clearly see in the other footage that these shapes only appear when the camera is racking the focus back and forth and the object is way out of focus.

This is, sadly, a very common problem (esp on ATS) with over enlarged images of cameras using autofocus. AUTOFOCUS IS VIRTUALLY USELESS ON LOW CONTRAST, TINY OBJECTS. EVEN MORE USELESS AT NIGHT. The resulting out of focus blobs contain NO, I repeat NO useful detail from the object. And posting highly enlarged bokeh blobs to make some sort of 'point' is, I'm sorry, simply fodder for the gullible.

So...
TRIPOD
MANUAL FOCUS (adjusted after every change of zoom)
NO DIGITAL ZOOM
NO POST ENLARGEMENT
..and original raw footage. If only more of these techniques were applied occasionally, we might get somewhere...

Is it that camera manuals are that badly written, or do people just get carried away? "Omigod, look, I can zoom in 800X!!!" NO, you can't, not without obliterating the detail with false artefacts...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
When I saw your title I thought I have seen this video before I am sure of it. Then I remembered that this has been discussed on this very site before, I am going to take a look at the video again when I can, then, in the meantime heres a motion tracker of the 'ufo'

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I think I have seen this video since you posted it on youtube years ago or so. I love this video, favorite video of all time showing uap (unidentified aerial object). How big of a deal was this for you? Is this your first thread about your experience?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
All I can say to the OP, is enjoy your experience.
Your kids were the stars of the video.

I have to go with the object being "baby jesus" I'm sorry but I thought that was hilarious.
Kids put things into perspective they see something, they have fun and then they go back to playing.
while we adults will dwell on something for the rest of our lives only to find out it was a balloon.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Very interesting video, I have seen photos of this a while back but never had the chance to watch the footage.

I can see why people are saying this is some kind of balloon.

As good as the footage was I still couldn't see any movement that the UFO made to firmly convince me that this object could defy the laws of physics.

Its a shame it didn't do anything more out of the ordinary to prove it had some kind of weird characteristics.

I enjoyed the video none the less.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Posted on 7-9-2010 @ 08:33 PM by getreadyalready
U2U me a little more specific address or part of town. Killearn Area?

*** My name is Kent Abbott, I moved my family from Cincinnati Ohio to Tallahassee Florida for a job at TLC Engineering for Architecture, Inc., and rented a house for my family at 8235 Bridgewater Trail in the Killearn Lakes area.

edit on 10-9-2010 by TallyUFO because: Not all information was writen yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Posted on 7-9-2010 @ 09:00 PM by IgnoreTheFacts
I don't get it, in the time it took you to make that youtube video you could have just posted the actual video I guess? I see it was like part 2 of 4 or something, but I didn't click on the others because the one in your op was the one you wanted us to see. So you can make a 4 part youtube video but you can upload the actual video? Or is it in one of the other 3 parts?

*** I originally posted the whole 45 minute video on “GOOGLE” because YouTube at some point would only allow 10 minutes of video per post. Google at “that” time did allow long post, so I blanked out the audio when there was a “name” said and posted the whole thing, instead of chopping it up into “the best parts”. This of course bored most people, and they would only “watch” the first few minutes and spout off “it’s a balloon” before ever watching the entire video.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Posted on 7-9-2010 @ 09:00 PM by IgnoreTheFacts
Either way, will need to see the video, and I imagine you already checked to see if there were dozens of other witnesses in that populated area?

*** I watched the news that night and there was no mention. I asked neighbors I knew, but nothing. I worked part time bagging groceries at the local “Publix” store and one young guy was at a friends house having a party and saw some of what my family saw, and “told me” about it so I knew he was on the level and did see it too. Being a young guy and at a party drinking… well I just left that one alone… but I do know from his description to me, the time and location, that he was a witness too.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Posted on 7-9-2010 @ 09:04 PM by getreadyalready
Yes, just off Bannerman road are several large housing developments, and the pictures make it look like an afternoon sighting on a weekend day?

*** It was on Labor Day Weekend September 5th a Monday Holiday. It is a hugh subdivision and I was a little surprised it wasn’t on the news. But thinking back, it is an area full of old growth tall pine trees. Living in Montana now we enjoy the massive vistas, views looking off to other mountains MILES away. That part of Florida doesn’t have vista views… and if you want to see the sky at all, well it’s pretty much a look “straight up deal”. Those pine trees are thick there (thank God for the shade it was so HOT!) and it was hard to see much. It’s the only reason I can figure there wasn’t a report. If my daughter hadn’t seen it first, none of this would have happened. I appeared as a “star” in the sunny blue sky… which was odd, so high up, that’s what I though it was until it zipped across the sky so fast I knew it wasn’t a star or anything we have. If you would go out side, extend your arm and point into the sky at about the 45 degree position up from the ground pointing east, then swing your arm across in an arch as fast as you can to about a 60 degree position up from ground pointing to the west, you would almost have the speed of this thing. So fast a blink almost and it was THERE. Only stopping for a moment then to continue on stopping and back to the middle of the first line across the sky we saw…. making like a “4” in the sky.

If that is the case, there would have been dozens of other people out and about, and the Golden Eagle golf course is right there, and it would have been busy. Also if the altitude that he estimates is correct, the object would have been visible for about a 20 mile radius or more! Sightings could have pored in from a large area? Not debunking, just looking for more explanation for the story.

*** Hey, I agree there with you… I thought I would be among many who saw it, pictured it and video taped it too, but as the days went by, no news, no nothing. Posting it later was maybe a bad idea, but I was honestly frightened by what I saw in a way that is hard to explain to people. Couldn’t sleep well for days and days. I don’t know why I finally posted this video… I guess it’s like tonight, I’m still bothered by what I saw… yes with my naked eye and through the camera. It might not have shaken so much if I kept my eye in the view finder, but I knew I was seeing something special and wanted to look from time to time with my own eyes while I was filming. The camera/video only enhanced, not change what I was seeing. It was like looking over at a car in a parking lot… you can see it’s shape, see it’s color but using binoculars you get a better view of the same shape and color. This object was putting off it’s own light, no “reflection” like some think. I saw it, my wife saw it, our three girls saw it…. It is best described as looking like one of those old disco balls from the 70’s. Different shades of red lights in a sphere, spinning and wobbling around very fast changing color intensity then at times moving up into the object to be seen through it’s milky white skin. No it wasn’t tilting side to side to make it look like it was going up inside the craft… it WAS moving up into the craft for a time then lowing back down again. Thanks for posting the 4 video post. I took the long version and broke it down to fit on Youtube, with added thoughts and comments and maps to help explain the day. The grainy video that they put up look awful compared to the videos I uploaded to them.
( Sorry, not real computer savvy here.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Posted on 7-9-2010 @ 09:12 PM by Mars007
I watched all 4 videos, very interesting. This is the some of the best footage I've ever seen Got good close ups and I like the movement in video 4.
Thanks for sharing S&F

*** Howdy! Glad you like them. There was a point in this video thing that I just internally freaked out… I mean I was already saying crazy things to my kids and wife, but this went beyond that inside the ole brain… I first couldn’t believe what I was seeing, then I was in awe, then I woke up and sent daughter #2 into the house to TELL the wife to bring out the camera! I wanted to capture what I was seeing. I had no idea it was going to hang around for like 45 minutes! I remember at one point thinking, what if this is just the beginning… what if at the speed this thing moved when first spotted, I was to look up and see the sky full “checker-board” style of these things. It was on my mind so much, I messed up my days and nights for I don’t know how long. I would drive to work with one eye on the road and one on the sky. Would take the trash cans down the long driveway (it is a “flag property”, meaning the driveway went between two existing homes, back behind them to the double lot behind both existing homes to our home) dragging the cans behind me instead of carrying them so I could look up into the night sky… wondering if I’ll see them (saw two that day on the video) or more. I was very messed up over the whole thing. Sounds silly to most I bet, but when you see something move like that, it makes you wonder and almost in disbelief over the whole event.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Posted on 7-9-2010 @ 09:13 PM by Maybe...maybe not
1. Object as "point source":
That looks like a reflective balloon or similar.
2. Object as "jellyfish":
That looks like a camera auto focus effect.
3. Object movement:
That looks like wind movement plus camera movement.

*** 1.) You are half right… it was a point source!
) I wish you were there, you would know then how it was so not a balloon or similar. As a kid (5-16 years) I grew up less than a mile from “Kings Island” (large amusement park) north-east of Cincinnati Ohio. Every evening for the first 10 years or so they would (weather permitting) launch two hot air balloons, I’ve seen that type of balloon in the sky thousands of times. Would go and watch the balloon launches in New Mexico. My father was a “free man” when I was half-way through 5th grade and the very day after the divorce, he took his first flying lesson. He became a 14 year bachelor and lucky for me, a flying NUT
) It was like every weekend he had an air show to fly us to, some times one on Saturday and a different one on Sunday! We were always going somewhere, and I learned to fly, navigate and know what “things” look like when you are flying. Watching the “skies” for other craft was one of my co-helper jobs sitting on a pillow to see out!
) Oshkosh Wisconsin Air-Shows became old hat. Flying to South Carolina for “lunch” was a normal happening. I became interested in “energy” when my dad built an in ground home of his own design. Started study of many forms of energy, producing Hydrogen with a home made generator when I was young. Studied the different types of balloons used in weather studies. Became fascinated with future designs of aircraft when my friend from Wright Patterson Air Force Base and I got to know each other. They couldn’t talk about what was on the edge of aviation technology… so I studied what ever I could get my hands on in the public realm about the leading edge flying objects the world was producing. I’m not “blank” about flying craft. I was not prior to this UFO experience, much of a believer, more like 20% there could be something “out there”. To see “something”, make zero noise, move across the sky like a flash of light, stop instantly for a moment, then shoot off a different direction in a straight line, repeating this to make a “4” in the sky…. Well, I just went from 20% to 100%. I would like to find out it was something of “ours”, would make me feel better. I just seriously doubt “we” or anyone else on planet earth has anything that could stay together to maneuver like that let alone go that fast. Let “pretend” we do have something like that… why on earth would you play with it over a populated area? Don’t they save that stuff for area 51 and alike?

Also 2.) the “auto focus” deal… well it looked just the same when standing there looking at it while my wife filmed it… and from time to time I would pull my head away from the camera to “find it” and it looked the same shape as it did through the camera. Did I mention my Dad’s also a photography NUT too, so I’ve seen the sunlight through the lens pictures with the small diamonds of sunlight light in the pictures caused by the inner working of the camera lens. However, those diamonds ARE diamonds and if that’s what you think may have happened (regardless of what I saw), then why would there only be the top part sort of diamond shaped, but the bottom half was not.. The bottom being flat at some times, even having a shadow or dark area underneath. Especially before it turned into a shear shape and few farther away.

3.) Take some stills from the video, maybe that might help. I’m just saying it’s hard to believe me I can only imagine (thinking back to what I thought of such things before September 5th), but wind doesn’t move objects across the sky miles in the flash of a second… stop, make a 30 degree turn go in a straight line again as fast, stop turn 60 degrees, dart off again and stop right near where it had intersected the first flight. I swear on my faith in God, Jesus and all things holy, this thing was moving blink eye fast, miles across the sky, high overhead or home on 8235 Bridgewater Trail, Tallahassee Florida on September 5th 2005, Monday a holiday. Kind Regards, -Kent (Just trying to clear things up)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Posted on 7-9-2010 @ 09:26 PM by theMegaladon
What is it? I have no idea really not something that can be easily explained away. One of the better UFO videos I have seen in my time. I think I have seen photos of similar UFO's I will post them if I can find them. Fascinating!!! Has MUFON looked at the footage? Cant find any reports on that date www.mufon.com... However nobody may have noticed it or reported it.

*** I have seen two similar videos after this one… one was shot in Chile the other was in Ireland. Made me feel like I wasn’t crazy anyway
) At least other people saw and video taped a similar object. Wish someone would show me this thing landing with our US flag stuck on the side… would make me feel better! I don’t know who “MUFON” is so I need to look into that. The original tape is a two hour deal with family movies and of course 45 minutes of this UFO deal. I want to get it of the tape as high res as possible, just don’t know who to trust with it to do such a job and send it back to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Posted on 7-9-2010 @ 10:20 PM by Zeptepi
I have seen this video before.
MMN said that Zorgon may have posted this at some point. That may be were I saw it.
Given the lighting of the day, At first look it seems to resemble a weather balloon with the sun reflecting off of it. The red may have been a camera artifact from the extreme brightness of the reflection.
I am surprised that your friend from WPAFB did not even speculate on what it could be.
Is the arrow in your map the direction you were pointing the camera?

*** On the balloon deal, see what I wrote on (Posted on 7-9-2010 @ 09:13 PM by Maybe...maybe not). Now on the WPAFB deal, I about fell out of my chair! “What do you mean you’ve never seen anything like this?!?!” was my response! I really don’t want to go into to much detail about this person, I don’t want to cause any hardships for them, but before retirement, were in charge of a top secret (met one on one with the President of the United States on matters of security and photography/satellite issues) and knows a ton on the subject of flying craft. So yes, I had my own personal one on one time too and was so excited to finally get a “Yeah, I can’t say, but that’s one of ours.” or something from them… instead a “I’ve never seen anything like that before” deal was NOT what I wanted to hear. I asked for a guess even… nothing, just “Never saw anything like that before.”

The “arrows” on the map… the colored “arrows” show the direction of the craft and the numbers are like a connect the dot deal… it’s the sequence (Red arrow, before camera) the light blue “Cyan arrow“, when tape/video starts and the “Magenta arrow” towards the end of video as it was going away and helicopter came closer. Wife said it was a “News Helicopter”, but I don’t remember seeing it to confirm.

edit on 10-9-2010 by TallyUFO because: Was not finished with text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join