It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Tallahassee (Updated)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yall know me im not a diehard UFOologist i ran across this vid just posted couple days ago havent seen it here on ATS... anyways its 24 minutes and its timecoded on the side for points of interests. Seems realistc, so you know its a family and the kids can kids of get annoying in thier pestering questions but it lends to its authenticity. Saw some very interesting shape changes and color changes. Video starts out and its real hard to see it but than as it the vid continues the father gets better at keeping track of it, partly cause he turned off auto focus.

WEll here is the vid link i really suggest you take a look and btw the first lilpart is the mom videoing the father and daughters do jump rope.

Fort Lauderdale UFO

03:10 - Yes it IS moving… slowly now!
10:00 - Close-ups!
18:30 - Changes from WHITE to RED!
20:30 - Two Objects!
22:15 - Strange flight patterns!

Edit: Title at the OP's request.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by intrepid]

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 17-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

Mod Edit: Added update to thread title

[edit on 12-5-2007 by Dulcimer]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
wow, at first i thought it was pretty lame, just another blur, but later in the video you can actually see the shape of the thing, and some colors also.

its best seen around 12 minutes or so...

i dont know... its not fake or anything like that, but it would be interesting to find out what it is.

looks really weird, though...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Amazing video like this is a sign of our times. Look at the authenticity of what is presented. This video is undeniable evadence that there are shape-shifting objects in our skies that make moves that defy physics as we know it.
Awesome.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Very nice video. Watched it to the end and #1 it is more than long enough and #2 he used a tripod. Looked like he was steadying the shot off of his truck for a while.

I sure wish there was a way to override some of these cameras infinity AF so the images would be a bit crisper.

Certainly was a bizarre little thing though. I wonder if the color change was corresponding with the setting sun, kind of like alpine glow on a mountain type of effect or if was the object itself changing colors.

It sure was nice to see a little bit of unnatural non ballistic movement from it as well. I was thinking high altitude balloon until it started its little dance. I also thought that were we seeing an illusion of movement caused by the branches in the fore ground moving but that doesnt seen to be the case either. He was on a tripod by then. Seemed to be fairly high up in altitude but not stratospheric, maybe 50k-60k but thats is a wild guess not having been there.

Damn good shot and certainly goes into my unknown file. Video overall came across as very authentic and the family seemed pretty genuine, no overeacting or unseemly behavior just a couple of peeps seeing something that they couldnt explain.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Wow! The "circle eights" it did at the 22:40 mark are remarkable.
I'm gonna look through the footage some more and get back to you, I'd love to see the debunkers go 'kite' on this.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
well its good to see a video that we pretty much know is not a "fake" the question is, what is it? very interesting vid.... but i'm at work right now and don't have sound... so if there is anything in the video that shows the reason why he all of a sudden focused on the sky please do tell. the most promising video's, i find, are the ones that show why the person is focused on that point in the first place... videos on youtube and whatnot are usually to short to show anything, they just start the video focusing on the sky, in which i hate. so please more info

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There's something of a back story in the text to the right. I think it said his daughter called attention to a 'star' that she saw.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffery2102
well its good to see a video that we pretty much know is not a "fake" the question is, what is it? very interesting vid.... but i'm at work right now and don't have sound... so if there is anything in the video that shows the reason why he all of a sudden focused on the sky please do tell. the most promising video's, i find, are the ones that show why the person is focused on that point in the first place... videos on youtube and whatnot are usually to short to show anything, they just start the video focusing on the sky, in which i hate. so please more info

Nothing spectacular about why he started taping where/when he did. He and wife where laying in bed of truck getting ready to stargaze and were talking about contrails they saw and noticed a bright "star". Then the husband noticed that it was very slowly moving and I assume he got the cam back out. Kids were kind of bouncing around going off about aliens and spaceships and the like, like kids would. They didnt seen to categorize it at all themselves for a while, just unexpalinable really. They were thinking satellitte at first but the movements it made kind of wrote that off to the husband.

Thats the short and sweet....there is audio and commentary throught the whole 24 mins of it.

EDIT: Ahh yeah what Drexon said, good script to the right of video.....I need glasses

[edit on 16-3-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
thanks man appreciate it, gonna have to check it out when i get home from work.... seems intriuging

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hello

My first post after lurking for a while, great site. Is this in Tallahassee or Ft Lauderdale? The post says one but the Google page says another, and I think it’s interesting how once you start to here the helicopter the object starts to move erratically, could be just coincidence.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by True Tao
Hello

My first post after lurking for a while, great site. Is this in Tallahassee or Ft Lauderdale? The post says one but the Google page says another, and I think it’s interesting how once you start to here the helicopter the object starts to move erratically, could be just coincidence.

Welcome to ATS.....

Tallahassee....according to the vid site. I agree with the helo/movement idea. He explains that the movements were even more dramatic prior to the video starting.

EDIT: I posted a invite/comment at the vid site for the owner to come here and join the discussion. I always ask - ya never know, ya know....

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
Yall know me im not a diehard UFOologist i ran across this vid just posted couple days ago havent seen it here on ATS... anyways its 24 minutes and its timecoded on the side for points of interests. Seems realistc, so you know its a family and the kids can kids of get annoying in thier pestering questions but it lends to its authenticity. Saw some very interesting shape changes and color changes. Video starts out and its real hard to see it but than as it the vid continues the father gets better at keeping track of it, partly cause he turned off auto focus.

WEll here is the vid link i really suggest you take a look and btw the first lilpart is the mom videoing the father and daughters do jump rope.

Fort Lauderdale UFO

03:10 - Yes it IS moving… slowly now!
10:00 - Close-ups!
18:30 - Changes from WHITE to RED!
20:30 - Two Objects!
22:15 - Strange flight patterns!

I don't have an immediate identification, but frankly, this highly compressed video isn't very strange, although I don't believe it is a hoax. The movement is very slow and restricted to a small part of the sky. The color changes are probably just an artifact of digital zoom.

It COULD be a kite, but it doesn't really move like one, and it is almost straight overhead, which means the kite fliers would be nearby. There doesn't seem to be much wind, judging from the relatively little movement of the pine tree branches.

I don't see two objects in the video, just one and some obvious compression artifacts.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You watched the whole thing, right? How exactly would he know that the "compression artifact" was going to turn red and leave towards the end when the Helicopter showed up? Kind of strange, no? Unless you're postulating the whole thing was staged, including audio from the kids, etc.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
A little digging, shows the ISS was visible from Florida in the late afternoon on the date given in the video....

And for those that say structure was visible in the vid, that is crap. It's a consumer digicam on massive "digital" zoom with sensor bloom showing. All you see are overloaded pixels of a bright object....

For doubters - the ISS was moving SW to NE so right to left if looking East'ish which jives with the motion in the video....

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
First time back here in awhile but this video is very interesting and I just had to comment. I'll be interested to hear what the non believers say is in this video though.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
wow Very interesting to see this.

Where did it go? Just disappeared behind the tree?

I don't think this was set-up. Seems just too real for that.

But to me that thing looks very high up to be a kite

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
A little digging, shows the ISS was visible from Florida in the late afternoon on the date given in the video....

I thought about the ISS as well but simply discarded it considering the length of time the video took up and the relatively stationary position of what he was filming for that 20ish minutes. The ISS moves, and fast by terrestrial standards - what 15-20 sec. horizon to horizon and is never, ever going to be stationary. I agree with the "structure" comment as well and the sensor bloom.

There are a couple of instances where the image of the object is fairly clear and still appears to only be a somewhat misshapen point of light for the most part. Seems that these buggers (the "real" ones) are never going to be very clearly seen or at least they are seen with some amount of distortion. Maybe thats the intention, eh? Or at least a common effect of propulsion types?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
You watched the whole thing, right? How exactly would he know that the "compression artifact" was going to turn red and leave towards the end when the Helicopter showed up? Kind of strange, no? Unless you're postulating the whole thing was staged, including audio from the kids, etc.

As I stated before, I don't think it's a hoax.

I don't see what you mean in the video - can you give me a precise time reference? What helicopter?

[edit on 16-3-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA

And for those that say structure was visible in the vid, that is crap. It's a consumer digicam on massive "digital" zoom with sensor bloom showing. All you see are overloaded pixels of a bright object....

For doubters - the ISS was moving SW to NE so right to left if looking East'ish which jives with the motion in the video....

It's definitely not ISS. This is occasionally visible during the day, but tends to go unnoticed, and doesn't hover in one spot like that. It moves briskly from horizon to horizon in a few minutes.

I agree that there is no real structure evident in zoomed-in image.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm a quarter of the way through the video and there is no denying that it is real. Kids can't act like that for any period of time lol.

I saw something very similar last year in the UK. I think i created a thread about it on here but i don't know how to find it now as i can't remember what i called it. It was last summer and my mum noticed something in the sky and it looked exactly like that thing but higher up. it was difficult to see in the bright sky and eventually got to the stage where you could only see it if you look out of the corner of your eye (hope you know what i mean by that)

It was moving in a single direction at quite a slow speed, slower than when you see a satellite move across the sky. It definitley wasnt a star so if it wasn't a satellite (are these visible during a bright summer day at around 2pm GMT) i don't know what it was but i would say it was the same as whatever is in this video!

I am very interested to know what it is!

EDIT: Ok, it peeves me when people say stupid things like it is a kite.. is it pollocks! Its not the ISS because of the way it moved at the end and the helicopter is clearly audible at the end wen the object is moving erratically. In my opinion it is either a military experiment or extra terrestrial.
NB - what i saw was silver metallic and looked spherical and there were no erratic movements

[edit on 16-3-2007 by fiftyfifty]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join